• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's not true though. Jank has so many more uses than cheap, broken, etc. If Ganondorf had a texture bug, where his head was 4 times as long as usual, that would be janky. Ya feel me?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
If that was the case people should use the word correctly!

That would also be cheap and broken. Cheap because how expensive is it to pay for a proper Ganon texture? And broken for obvious reasons.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
If that was the case people should use the word correctly!

That would also be cheap and broken. Cheap because how expensive is it to pay for a proper Ganon texture? And broken for obvious reasons.
oh wow you're in iowa too? :o

i'm so sorry to hear that

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Lmao theres a reason I have to drive hours to a tournament almost every week.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wtf man that's intense
I'm a pretty high level Sega/Sonic Otaku. I'm also fairly enlightened because I come with pretty much none of the drawbacks of being this obsessed over things that are Sonic and Sega.

I've never even played a 2d sonic game.

Dude.

We should setup Netplay for the Genesis and we should totally play Sonic 2 and Sonic 3K together.

The classic Sonic series is tons of fun to play. S1,2,CD,3&K, 3D Blast, Chaotix, Spinball, and the portables like Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble.

And let's not forget the dozens of Sonic hacks.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Meh. The only Classic Sonic game I find worth playing is S3&K due to it's absolutely flawless self.

2 is okay. 1 bores the **** out of me. CD? If it's the 2011 one, it's okay. If it's the original, it can go **** itself.

But S3&K? I really wish I could've played that back when I was a little kid. Unfortunately, it belonged to my older sister and she was so possessive that she kicked me in the head so hard that it busted my little big head open a bit and I had to go to the emergency room just because I watched the credits to standalone S3 to hear the song again.

I wouldn't see 3 or S&K again until almost a decade later when I got the S&K collection for PC and S3&K once Sonic Mega Collection came out. Then my emulaor phase began and I played whatever whenever.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I'm a pretty high level Sega/Sonic Otaku. I'm also fairly enlightened because I come with pretty much none of the drawbacks of being this obsessed over things that are Sonic and Sega.

Dude.

We should setup Netplay for the Genesis and we should totally play Sonic 2 and Sonic 3K together.

The classic Sonic series is tons of fun to play. S1,2,CD,3&K, 3D Blast, Chaotix, Spinball, and the portables like Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble.

Netplay s&k 3...?
3D blast was ****

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
What is the cheapest USB storage that will store P:M, Melee and like the 3 other GC games I have?

If it is just a USB drive that's fine, but I don't know what works consistently with USB loader.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
What is the cheapest USB storage that will store P:M, Melee and like the 3 other GC games I have?

If it is just a USB drive that's fine, but I don't know what works consistently with USB loader.
... Stop being lame, D A V I D
Get geko
Get sd
BAKAYARO YONOKARU

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Preach it SpiderMad!

Jank is just a stupid word people use for something they don't agree with. Replace it with "cheap" and suddenly you are no different from any other scrub.
It's a versatile word.

That's why it sees so much use and it is fitting for things that are cheap/broken or things that are perceived as cheap or stupid.

Don't like something? It's janky. Expresses your disapproval of the mechanics OR how cheap the mechanics are, depending on other people's interpretations or the way you make them interpret it.

Somethings legitimately broken? It's janky. It's obviously busted but the word fits as well without just calling it broken or whatever. Just because it has a nicer ring to it and still fits the definition of jank.

Something is not up to par? It's janky. If something isn't good enough it can also be considered janky because it's not effective enough.

There's even more depth to the jank, but I ain't going into that.

Don't hate the jank. Interpret it properly and see if it's worth trying to call someone a scrub or not.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
What would our community be without the words jank and gimmick?
A horrible place where everyone respects eachother and admits defeat, that's what

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
A horrible place where everyone respects eachother and admits defeat, that's what
But without such words how else would I explain how I feel about the existence of a frame 1 projectile reflecting jump-cancellable non-CCable combo-escaping combo-starting aerial mobility stalling semi-spike? :p

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
But without such words how else would I explain how I feel about the existence of a frame 1 projectile reflecting jump-cancellable non-CCable combo-escaping combo-starting aerial mobility stalling semi-spike? :p
... Do you not agree with the love triangle between you, Falco and me?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bahahahahaha

Or the world will continue the same, and we will trash talk and complain the same degree as before. Except this time, we'd use full blown phrases like "Baddie Mcbadderson". Scrub a dub dub, get wrecked in pools and drown in the tub!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion

The best Shine related song I have ever heard, just imagine that Wolf is singing about Fox and it fits perfectly.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Dude.

GHNeko sounds like a maximum bro tier level Sonic fan. I approve of his level of Sonic obsession and greatly admire it so. Based Neko is based.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I need to stop letting my stepdad review my papers. Its obvious that his opinions are clashing with mine when he edits, adding things like, "as far as the public knows". I can't let my mom read them though, cause she is just absolutely clueless.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
@ GHNeko GHNeko When you coming out with that brstm pack tho?!

I need to stop letting my stepdad review my papers. Its obvious that his opinions are clashing with mine when he edits, adding things like, "as far as the public knows". I can't let my mom read them though, cause she is just absolutely clueless.
I'll become your new guardian and I will call you son.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I slept on it and I agree with Mad even more. Removing mechanics is the most frustrating thing the PMDT could do.

Peanuts are bad to begin with, just slow moving items that everyone e should just catch and throw back, it's easy as ****. The only great thing about popgun is being able to AGT and Waveland out of it, it's like some people in the pmdt want every character to only dash dance around in neutral

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I slept on it and I agree with Mad even more. Removing mechanics is the most frustrating thing the PMDT could do.

Peanuts are bad to begin with, just slow moving items that everyone e should just catch and throw back, it's easy as ****. The only great thing about popgun is being able to AGT and Waveland out of it, it's like some people in the pmdt want every character to only dash dance around in neutral
dood
thats whateves
at least they didn't take the most hype tech away from your character

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ Hinichii.ez.™ Hinichii.ez.™ Okay, get ready for lots of ****ty high school papers.
I wrote this for english, I'm not even religious, but it was the easiest prompt to **** out because it did alot with feelings and stuff.

“Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.” Mathews 7:7 seems to promise that God will give you anything a person desires. The issue becomes why some things are never given. People ask for material things, the improvement of relationships, knowledge, or the healing of loved ones, but often these prayers aren’t answered. People explain that God will only grant the things that will help you; that some things asked for don’t fit God’s plan. Even these answers aren’t sufficient, Jesus clearly says that all you must do is ask, not that you must ask for things that receive God’s approval. In Cold Sassy Tree, Grandpa Blakeslee analyzes this issue, and tries to understand what Jesus truly meant when he said it.

When interpreting this verse, Grandpa started with a few things that he knew for fact. First, he believed that Jesus wasn’t lying, or telling only partly the truth. He believed that whatever it was that Jesus meant for people to ask for, that they would receive it unconditionally as Jesus stated. This is why explanations that God will only give you what is asked for under the condition that it is what God wants for you are unacceptable to Grandpa. Second, Grandpa knew that God didn’t grant anything tangible, extend people’s lives, or exact and out right answers to problems. Grandpa knows himself that God won’t prevent death, after he prayed for Miss Mattie Lou and she still died, and he has seen people pray for worldly things and not receive them. This leads Grandpa to conclude that Jesus meant that God offers spiritual strength to anyone who prays for it.

Example of peacefulness with god in the book

Grandpa believes that God is loving and in this moment he feels God’s love. The number of good times and bad times a person has isn’t decided by how good of a Christian a person is. God will give anyone support in times good or bad.

Grandpa gives a good explanation of Mathew 7:7. God, or any other spiritual truth, gives security to all people. Most religions provide answers to life’s hard questions. The spiritual truths provided by any religion give people security about the afterlife, origin of the world, and the end of the world. Christianity also features a loving and forgiving god, allowing followers to find self-worth, meaning and acceptance in difficult times. I believe that Grandpa’s interpretation of Mathew 7:7 describes why religion is powerful: God gives people strength and hope when they can’t find it elsewhere. Christianity empowers the meek

Meek inherit earth verse

Grandpa’s interpretation follows the core ideas of Christianity, and is correct for that reason.

Some things just shouldn't change, no matter how weird they seem, because it is what makes characters unique. At least with ZSS the startup was reduced a bit. :(
Wait are we even talking about ZSS??

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
@ Hinichii.ez.™ Hinichii.ez.™ Okay, get ready for lots of ****ty high school papers.
I wrote this for english, I'm not even religious, but it was the easiest prompt to **** out because it did alot with feelings and stuff.

“Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.” Mathews 7:7 seems to promise that God will give you anything a person desires. The issue becomes why some things are never given. People ask for material things, the improvement of relationships, knowledge, or the healing of loved ones, but often these prayers aren’t answered. People explain that God will only grant the things that will help you; that some things asked for don’t fit God’s plan. Even these answers aren’t sufficient, Jesus clearly says that all you must do is ask, not that you must ask for things that receive God’s approval. In Cold Sassy Tree, Grandpa Blakeslee analyzes this issue, and tries to understand what Jesus truly meant when he said it.

When interpreting this verse, Grandpa started with a few things that he knew for fact. First, he believed that Jesus wasn’t lying, or telling only partly the truth. He believed that whatever it was that Jesus meant for people to ask for, that they would receive it unconditionally as Jesus stated. This is why explanations that God will only give you what is asked for under the condition that it is what God wants for you are unacceptable to Grandpa. Second, Grandpa knew that God didn’t grant anything tangible, extend people’s lives, or exact and out right answers to problems. Grandpa knows himself that God won’t prevent death, after he prayed for Miss Mattie Lou and she still died, and he has seen people pray for worldly things and not receive them. This leads Grandpa to conclude that Jesus meant that God offers spiritual strength to anyone who prays for it.

Example of peacefulness with god in the book

Grandpa believes that God is loving and in this moment he feels God’s love. The number of good times and bad times a person has isn’t decided by how good of a Christian a person is. God will give anyone support in times good or bad.

Grandpa gives a good explanation of Mathew 7:7. God, or any other spiritual truth, gives security to all people. Most religions provide answers to life’s hard questions. The spiritual truths provided by any religion give people security about the afterlife, origin of the world, and the end of the world. Christianity also features a loving and forgiving god, allowing followers to find self-worth, meaning and acceptance in difficult times. I believe that Grandpa’s interpretation of Mathew 7:7 describes why religion is powerful: God gives people strength and hope when they can’t find it elsewhere. Christianity empowers the meek

Meek inherit earth verse

Grandpa’s interpretation follows the core ideas of Christianity, and is correct for that reason.

Some things just shouldn't change, no matter how weird they seem, because it is what makes characters unique. At least with ZSS the startup was reduced a bit. :(
Wait are we even talking about ZSS??
hell no
im backing out

Lizalfos

Smash Master
For Christmas I want Pokemon and a new disc reader for my wii. If you buy me expensive clothes I'm turning myself over to foster care.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
For Christmas I want Pokemon and a new disc reader for my wii. If you buy me expensive clothes I'm turning myself over to foster care.
I have gently used, expensive, luxurious... clothes. How bout them hand me downs??

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Is it okay if I give them to the consignment shop? You know, so I can get Pokemon.
Edit: Your avatar's eyes are bloodshot red, it is kinda scary now. Now I feel like a MLP character just overdosed on a questionable mixture of hard drugs.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So today is going to be my Diddy's first tourney since like, June. Wish me luck guys lol.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I get off work and nerds are talking about Sonic, removing mechanics and words to use when they don't understand if something is hella good/ dumb.

Tis a good start. Now I'mma watch a stream and play some FE6.

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve give them the baloono.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Is it okay if I give them to the consignment shop? You know, so I can get Pokemon.
Edit: Your avatar's eyes are bloodshot red, it is kinda scary now. Now I feel like a MLP character just overdosed on a questionable mixture of hard drugs.
bruh ... that's her iris
look at my status and you will understand her expression

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Have you ever tried to watch a stream at 2:00am? Now with Smash 4 I can't find a single good P:M or Melee stream at that time. Best one I found was a decent ICs destroying a horrible Gannon/Marth. One of them played Falco and shot like 3 consecutive grounded lasers at point blank. I didn't know if I should have laughed, cried, or gone to bed.

I tried playing Wind Waker HD, but I have to like hover over the foot of my bed to actually be able to play from my room. The thing about the Gamepad is that it will work at different distances, but only if you hold it at a certain height, perfectly still, but make sure that you don't obstruct the signal with your bed covers.

Top Bottom