• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
bleck's right tho

why does "getting comboed easily" all a fox player needs to justify no nerfs when a falcon has that and also has the decency to not have an overbearing neutral and the best projectile in the game

if "it's a bit hard to play" was all you needed to justify never touching them again (which is BS in project m btw, everything fox can do is easier in terms of timing), why isn't lucario his 2.1 form

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
"Our Fox, who art top tier,
Hallowed be thy game.
Thy will be done, thy tournies won
In PM as it is in Melee.
Give us this stock our gamely punish,
And forgive us our chaingrabs,
As we forgive those who waveshine against us.
Lead us all into the blast zone
And deliver us from winning neutral.
For thine is the top tier spot, the power and the glory,
For ever and ever,
Amen."

~ That Reddit thread

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
poo just wooped my ass

dude I think i'm a bit laggier than last time cuz of my roommate using the wifi as well. is that possible?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Tbh I don't mind Fox being the best character because the **** he does is so sick
In any case, calling Fox's lasers the best projectile in the game is flat out wrong, especially in PM where they rapidly decay to 1% per hit. Falco and Wolf's lasers are much more potent, and so are Sheik's needles. I'm tempted to say Mario's fireballs are still better.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Fox/Falco aren't even the easiest to combo, they fall so fast that you HAVE to tech chase them at low %'s. and whoop de doo falco has the best tech rolls like ever. Like once you get them to 40-60% your launchers get you guarenteed ****, but they are not the easiest to zero to death.
Easiest to combo has to go to like Roy/Diddy, light weight fast fallers, or the heavy fast fallers who go no where when you hit them, Bowser and DDD

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
If anyone plays Dorf sm4sh they know his bair is ****ing garbage. Seriously worthless.

I love pretty much everything else about him.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
So I played smash wiiu for the first time today. And as much as I hate the 3ds version the WiiU version is actually pretty good. The ability to use the game cube controller and 8 player smash is a chaotic blast! I might think about buying a wiiu now for it

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
So an Amiibo got 3rd place at a BC tourney
My sides are in orbit

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Story Time

-I get home from school and my package comes in the mail
-Its Smash 4
-With the Gamecube adapter
-And Controller!
-Me and my ten year old brother are eager to play it
-We've waited all weekend bc it was suppose to come Friday
-It was suppose to come Friday
-We head upstairs
-Open the box
-Remove the wrapping and take out the stuff
-I head over to my Wii U, in it's usual spot and turn it on
- *click*
- .... I head over to my Wii U, IN ITS USUAL SPOT and turn it on
- *click*
... As I said, I head over to my Wii U, Usual Spot, ON!!!!!
-*click*
- I notice that the usual red light indicating it is off is not seen
- I unplug the AC adapter and replug it in multiple times
- It doesn't work
- I let it sit for 2 minutes and try again
-No
-No
-No
-No
-NO
-NOOO
-NOOOOOOOO
- I then have a piecing feeling of fear
- What if ... it isn't the ac adapter ... and its the Wii U?!
-I drop everything, pick up my Wii U and head to my friends house
-I call him and tell him of the travesty that has fallen upon me
-He asks if he can have the gcn adapter
- I ignore his comment and manage to drive up to his place
- Moment of truth
- We head to the basement
-I unplug his Wii U
- Please
- I slowly plug my Wii U in
- It worked.
- Finding light in a dark time, I jump for joy
- Only the sudden realization falls upon me that I need to order a new ac adapter
- I don't have warranty on the Wii U anymore
- How did it break
- I just was playing last week
- Is my enjoyment a game?
- The one thing I've been waiting for
- 2 YEARS
- Since E3 2012 where Iwata said they were making a smash game
- I waited
- I was suppose to get it Friday
- I was suppose to get it today
- But alas
- I must wait a few more days
/endstory

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
There is a Melee tourney at my school later this week, a lot of people there won't know tech skill. I'm not sure if I should go and wreck everyone or not.
I lived for that kind of stuff to happen. Turns out years later out a Gaming Center opens up super close to me, starts hosting different Smash tournies, half the time the high level IL players are there anyway. Then M2K comes to the gaming center for both weekend events (the gaming center owner housed him), so it's like I've gone from having the dream of amazing noobs at a gaming center right next to me to having a gaming center right next that has high level players all over the place anyways. But like everyone already KNOWS what good Smash looks like and ARE Smashers. The dream like in your instance, is doing it to the casuals who don't know you can move that fast and stuff.

The three or four other times I've tried owning casuals/friends, there's always something horribly wrong and I can't show my full power. Two of them were unplayably laggy HDTVS at their house (not all of them are, these just happened to be the very worst kind; if it's anywhere near playable trust me I'd tell ya like I won this event with super playable HDTVs http://smashboards.com/threads/exp-gaming-wavedash-wednesday-3-27-13.335279/); didn't bring any CRTs and still don't have any portable ones. The other time it was inside the School from just this guy bringing it, but the controller was super trash; and it was FFAs with items.

I also feel like writing about Sandbagging and stuff some more. It's so intriguing that you can totally mess with people to make them think you suck, and then at your disclosure whip out whatever level of power you want. Also people seem to get surprised if you play PM (Diddy) with someone, and then they're shocked you're also good at Melee. So even your character(s) are hidden in their potential.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
So I played smash wiiu for the first time today. And as much as I hate the 3ds version the WiiU version is actually pretty good. The ability to use the game cube controller and 8 player smash is a chaotic blast! I might think about buying a wiiu now for it
if you like 8 players imagine the fun and dynamics of a 4v4 match or even FOUR TEAMS OF TWO. People forget the potential with this.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
2v2v2v2 sounds like ****, 4v4 or 3v3 sounds pretty hype though.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm off for a couple of days, y'all

I think nobody here wants another "america is trash" ramble but boy howdy do I want to scream it from the top of my lungs

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I think nobody here wants another "america is trash" ramble but boy howdy do I want to scream it from the top of my lungs
I wanted to talk about how on my non-smasher Facebook (all friends I've only known in RL) most of my friend's posts are all so horrible. Two of them have solo "artist" things going on, where they produce music and make posts talking about themselves in the sense of the "band" or whatever in third person instead of just saying "I" or "myself" (I do the same thing with PMDepot for humor, but I would have to actually show you their posts). Another dozen people just Share dumb **** every second. I could go on but I think I somehow managed to erase half the stupid things from my mind. My smasher based Facebook is so much better lol.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Apparently doing 3/4ths of a project by yourself and asking your partner to finish it is too much.
"Yea make changes to yours. Mine turned out stupid haha. I was going to just add in some of the points from the pics I had taken. I'm just extremely busy"

did you even try???
I'm gonna stop this "trying" thing, It must be bad for my health.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Apparently doing 3/4ths of a project by yourself and asking your partner to finish it is too much.
"Yea make changes to yours. Mine turned out stupid haha. I was going to just add in some of the points from the pics I had taken. I'm just extremely busy"

did you even try???
I'm gonna stop this "trying" thing, It must be bad for my health.
Its okay, nothing gets better once you get to college, so at least you have graduation + real life to look forward to.
Oh wait, thats exactly what happens in actual jobs when you work with people.
People suck

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Its okay, nothing gets better once you get to college, so at least you have graduation + real life to look forward to.
Oh wait, thats exactly what happens in actual jobs when you work with people.
People suck
So do I throw him under the bus? It is kinda uncool, but the teacher does ask who contributed what.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Get your giblets together America. For your sake. Also this.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior

Go ahead, I'm actually interested.
Because then there are 2 times as many Pika + G&W as there could be before.
Thunder only fills 1/3 of the bucket in 1.0.4.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

canon no ;-;
do itttt gogogogogogo

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Go ahead, I'm actually interested.
go look up twitter's current trending topics for me

america can't even be god damn bothered to have a trial for one of the most open-and-shut murder cases of all time because a white cop's involved

rodney king managed to at least get a trial. you're going ****ing backwards

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh boy, is this another one of those cases where an officer is involved in a crime, but gets absolutely nowhere near the equivalent punishment that literally any other citizen would get?
(I say this because I barely follow the news)

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Oh boy, is this another one of those cases where an officer is involved in a crime, but gets absolutely nowhere near the equivalent punishment that literally any other citizen would get?
(I say this because I barely follow the news)
If by "nowhere near the equivalent punishment" you mean "literally ****ing no charges for shooting an unarmed black 18-year-old to death" you're about right.

Top Bottom