• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
News commentators say that the grand jury will vote whatever way the prosecution wants them to. They act like that it used to not be that way. Is that true? Did people have honor or a sense of justice at any point in history? Was there something in the system that uses to prevent manipulation of whether or not the jury indicts?

So are there riots or is it more so civil disobedience with a gross overreaction from law enforcement?

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm just gonna remind everyone of that one pumpkinfest riot, and how police responded to a significantly whiter crowd

and then I'm gonna go to bed because I can't take this world much longer

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
actually no I got one more tweet

thankfully, america probably isn't topping that in being ****ing horrifying tonight, so I'm done
God damn I hate people
Like, it doesn't even have to be a race issue, they man shot an unarmed kid ON VIDEO because he walked towards him.
I hate how everything gets scewed into different issues. Gamergate turned into feminism arguments, Ferguson turned into a near race ware when it was stupid obvious that the officer was in the wrong. Then corruption and racism became apparent in the fall out and cover-ups, armed police, all that stupid ****.

The world really really sucks.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
jesus i didn't know kkk dudes we're walkin around sayin **** about this tragedy. that's ****ed up.

it's true though it's like race aside, dear policemen, please stop murdering unarmed children. So what the **** are these racist hillbillies trying to say on this matter?

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
hey warsaint, bair doesnt suck, youre just bad at landing it, so stop complaining

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Supposedly an autopsy revealed more details on what most likely happened.

One being, from what I read, there were bullet holes in the kids chest, which if he were really running away, they would be in his back.

But thats none of my business doe! Frankly all these "issues" are things that can easily be ignored by those not involved, and they should, as throwing more fuel onto a fire is never good.

Humans do bad things, thats simply how our life is. If you spend your time getting involved in things not related to you, your life will be noticeably less happy than if you were to just shrug things off and move on.

*awaits angry retort*

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
hey warsaint, bair doesnt suck, youre just bad at landing it, so stop complaining
When are going to shut the **** up and fight me and lose?

lol @ Prince Longstrok Prince Longstrok i actually had to unlike your post when I realized it was controversial and of unpopular opinion. Yeah idk bro like I'm not a bandwagon jumper I feel, like, Idunno. I mean yeah it sucks it's not right. But you wanna recognize it as an injustice and that **** has to change, somehow. In this specific matter, of cops being apt to getting spooked by kids because of their skin color and killing them in cold blood.

I'm telling you still i'm not like one of those "reverse racists" who like is always frothing at the mouth for opportunities to prove how wicked the white man is either. This issue is just that ... I mean it's just that severe and the wrong is that... wrong... I'm tired and out of words...

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
6 times man, that is an over reaction in any instance.

Don't you all wish you were in elementary school so you could just say racism is bad and nobody should do it so we could be done with it. Reality ruins everything.

I should start a spiritual movement based around crippling ignorance of reality and idealism. Would be the best.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
once im back home, sure, hope the connection is good
lol for real? ok cool. Uhm, it's okay. Poo and I had some pretty good smooth fights.

Btw yall I fought Poo's mii! I know what her hair and eye color is now! Woo!

Too bad mii's can't be anatomically accurate though. Amirite? *elbow nudge to entire forum*

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

When are going to shut the **** up and fight me and lose?

lol @ Prince Longstrok Prince Longstrok i actually had to unlike your post when I realized it was controversial and of unpopular opinion. Yeah idk bro like I'm not a bandwagon jumper I feel, like, Idunno. I mean yeah it sucks it's not right. But you wanna recognize it as an injustice and that **** has to change, somehow. In this specific matter, of cops being apt to getting spooked by kids because of their skin color and killing them in cold blood.

I'm telling you still i'm not like one of those "reverse racists" who like is always frothing at the mouth for opportunities to prove how wicked the white man is either. This issue is just that ... I mean it's just that severe and the wrong is that... wrong... I'm tired and out of words...
*shrug*

Do I think the kid stole something and was more or less being an asshat and probably got what was coming to him? Yeah. probably.
Do I think people are only mad about this because the kid was black and officer was white? Of course, thats what usually happens whenever something like this happens. Only white people can be racist, thats how it works.

Do I care at all about he situation as a whole? Nope! Frankly time spent on worrying or being concerned about that situation is time I could spend playing Smash. or doing fun stuff. Or fapping.

Or all of the above.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
you had a good connection with her, but I mostly have bad matches with anyone in the US

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
lol for real? ok cool. Uhm, it's okay. Poo and I had some pretty good smooth fights.

Btw yall I fought Poo's mii! I know what her hair and eye color is now! Woo!

Too bad mii's can't be anatomically accurate though. Amirite? *elbow nudge to entire forum*
You're a sad, strange little man.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*shrug*

Do I think the kid stole something and was more or less being an ****** and probably got what was coming to him? Yeah. probably.
Do I think people are only mad about this because the kid was black and officer was white? Of course, thats what usually happens whenever something like this happens. Only white people can be racist, thats how it works.

Do I care at all about he situation as a whole? Nope! Frankly time spent on worrying or being concerned about that situation is time I could spend playing Smash. or doing fun stuff. Or fapping.

Or all of the above.
Okay, so we start plugging bullets into people for misdemeanors now. Cool.

Y'know, Canon, this **** right here epitomizes exactly what you're talking about. I almost feel bad jumping down your throat a couple of months ago for your "social commentary." I mean, stupidity does exist elsewhere and all, but this...? This ****ing country and its people are, for the most part, ass backwards.

God damn America.

No offense to you, Strok, but that is an idiotic viewpoint.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
*shrug*

Do I think the kid stole something and was more or less being an ****** and probably got what was coming to him? Yeah. probably.

Or all of the above.
look man black or white, no kid who stole something needs to be killed on the spot I believe. Specially overkilled with 6 bullets.

I can't say I don't sympahtize with wanting to ignore worldly atrocities with smash though.

or ****ing

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Okay, so we start plugging bullets into people for misdemeanors now. Cool.

Y'know, Canon, this **** right here epitomizes exactly what you're talking about. God damn America.

Smooth Criminal
I see your point. (or, reasoning as to why you dont like my opinion? Whatever, same thing).

Thing is, im one of those people that thinks fear makes for a good control device, even if its..questionable in morality. Lets take one of my favorite mangas for example.

In Death Note, When criminals started dying by the thousands by what seemed to be impossible circumstances and means, people stopped committing crimes. Because of fear.

If our society started being less tolerant with crimes as well, perhaps the same thing would happen. Should he have tazed and cuffed him instead? yeah, probably, but sadly neither of us were there and know what REALLY happened. If the kid did charge him, I see why he would shoot him.

If a criminal was charging you while you had a gun, youd shoot to, would you not?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Yeah fiction is a really good reference for how we should function in reality

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
He (Michael Brown) didn't have a gun. He was ****ing unarmed. Cops are (supposed to be) trained to subdue people without resorting to lethal force.

And don't even try to corroborate this with the antics of a fictional ****ing sociopath with a god complex.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Nothing wrong with looking at messages from all forms of media and fantasy as inspiration or idea starters. An open mind will find more than a closed.

And, well yes, we can SAY we think we know what we would do if something like that happened in a split second, but, the truth is different from that.

I can say "If someone ever came up to punch me, id catch their arm and push them away, then run" but in reality, I doubt in that fast of an action id be able to remember "Oh yeah, I told myself id do this in this situation".

Though, to be fair, the counter argument could be made that police are trained in how to deal with those situations of quick reaction and thinking. So, who knows.

Im curious as to why you people are soo worked u about this, as it doesnt have anything to do with any of us, really.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
this isnt faaceboook
Or is it?

Social issues tend to be talked about in social settings. How they apply to you personally really doesn't make the subject any less worthwhile. Besides the fact that police brutality really has everything to do with us if you live in this country.

Also its especially important to pay attention to things when they DON'T apply to you. If you don't advocate for the needs of those less privileged/fortunate than you then no one will.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm a man of payback.

If you punch me, i'll punch you.
if you charge me, i'll charge right back.
if you shoot at me, then I'll open fire.
if you kiss me then i'll make out with you...unless you're a guy. you might get a kiss on the cheek but das about it mang. grills welcome tho.

Nothing wrong with looking at messages from all forms of media and fantasy as inspiration or idea starters. An open mind will find more than a closed.
Control by fear isn't really the best idea.

Optimal results maybe, but people won't REALLY be happy.

Im curious as to why you people are soo worked u about this, as it doesnt have anything to do with any of us, really.
I'm not, but I understand why people are.

Just because I don't care doesn't make it any less wrong though.

Prince Longstrok

Or is it?

Social issues tend to be talked about in social settings. How they apply to you personally really doesn't make the subject any less worthwhile. Besides the fact that police brutality really has everything to do with us if you live in this country.

Also its especially important to pay attention to things when they DON'T apply to you. If you don't advocate for the needs of those less privileged/fortunate than you then no one will.
Im a human, I dont concern myself with issues that dont involve me. Its a big world, I cant worry about 7 billion people.

And police brutality is a weird subject that would be a whole different discussion. Wish I coudl jsut link the one I had on my FB not long ago. Essentially, many people I knew were ******** about how it was unfair for police to search their car, and how they have no right, and even some saying its stupid they got a ticket for speeding.

And I was looked at angrily when I stated that I didnt mind those searches. Hell, the week before that I had been approached by about 4 police (I was at the park after hours with a friend, and the park isnt exactly in a nice neighborhood)

They wanted to search my car, and I told them sure, because I didnt do anything wrong, and arguing witht hem would only make them find me more suspicious. It wouldnt matter if I had a big stack of hentai in my trunk, all they care about is im not dealing drugs, or killing people, or doing whatever.

In fact, if I DID had a large stack of hentai, id WANT them to see. :D

What was I typing about, this post is big and im too tired to read over it.. oh well, post it anyways.

Prince Longstrok

I'm a man of payback.

Control by fear isn't really the best idea.

Optimal results maybe, but people won't REALLY be happy.
Thats the interesting part, isnt it? :D
Better results? Or morality?
Both sides are valid, but.. no clear one answer.
I really loves plots with those kind of decisions :D Soo exciting ^-^

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That's even worse.

did the officer have back up?
I don't think he did, no. At least that's what eyewitness accounts are saying. Even still, taking a gun to a body that shoplifted from a convenience store? Christ on a cracker. That is not standard procedure whatsoever.

I'd take a half-closed, somewhat educated mind that's at least sensitive to actual reality over one that looks to immaterial/fantastical bull**** for their resources and life experiences.

And, well yes, we can SAY we think we know what we would do if something like that happened in a split second, but, the truth is different from that.

I can say "If someone ever came up to punch me, id catch their arm and push them away, then run" but in reality, I doubt in that fast of an action id be able to remember "Oh yeah, I told myself id do this in this situation".

Though, to be fair, the counter argument could be made that police are trained in how to deal with those situations of quick reaction and thinking. So, who knows.

Golly gee, I wonder why we're so worked up over this ****. Y'know what, I'm done. I really, really don't want to sit here and keep typing out responses to this blithering. Keep your apathy, bro. Just know that if you keep voicing your crappy opinion, you're gonna get people a helluva lot wordier than me on your case. Maybe they'll drill some sense into you.

Oh, and can the ambiguity while you're ahead. You wouldn't know what morality and ethics were if they reared their head and bit you on the ****ing nose.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
my instinct is not to aim fatally.

besides, pepper spray or a taser gets nearly the same result without the death included.
Lol, non fatal bullets...such a common misconception

You can't really shoot someone non fatally, the only reason most people survive nowadays is because of how quickly they get medical attention.

Bleck

Smash Master
"I don't care about issues that don't involve me," says a straight white guy on the internet

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Im a human, I dont concern myself with issues that dont involve me. Its a big world, I cant worry about 7 billion people.
So you're human but can't relate to very human emotions such as empathy and compassion. God forbid your mental processes are made aware of social bigotry for even a slight bit.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
I'd rather hear about people's opinions for social matters here than on facebook. 99% of my fb friends live in my city, so we all share a very similar background that could inform/bias our veiw. This board is pretty much the only place where I can find the viewpoints from regular Americans, as well as Canadians from other cities or the odd European.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
"I don't care about issues that don't involve me," says a straight white guy on the internet
Pretty sure it's like a few people that do not legitimatly care, while a large majority just wants it to look like they care

Welcome to the internet

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't think the issue is over police doing their job in general. The police are supposed to enforce laws for the sake of public safety which varies in success on an area by area basis (the suburb cops near my parents' house fish for stupid and petty crimes while the ones near the university tend to be looking for actually dangerous crimes).

The issue here is the inflation of power within the police that is abused without any form of repercussions. It's not something that you can just selfishly ignore because it's the kind of thing that, left unchecked, will spread throughout the country.

Prince Longstrok

I don't think he did, no. At least that's what eyewitness accounts are saying. Even still, taking a gun to a body that shoplifted from a convenience store? Christ on a cracker. That is not standard procedure whatsoever.

I'd take a half-closed, somewhat educated mind that's at least sensitive to actual reality over one that looks to immaterial/fantastical bull**** for their resources and life experiences.

Golly gee, I wonder why we're so worked up over this ****. Y'know what, I'm done. I really, really don't want to sit here and keep typing out responses to this blithering. Keep your apathy, bro. Just know that if you keep voicing your crappy opinion, you're gonna get people a helluva lot wordier than me on your case. Maybe they'll drill some sense into you.

Oh, and can the ambiguity while you're ahead. You wouldn't know what morality and ethics were if they reared their head and bit you on the ****ing nose.

Smooth Criminal
Now now, difference in opinions is no reason to get mean. >:(

Id say thats racist of you to look at my opinions different just because of the color and (assumed) sexuality, but I have a feeling the irony wouldn't be well received here. :\

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Get why free will being uncheckedl is an error to be corrected, don't you all?
As long as freedom of choice is a thing, this is what we do with it.

Look at that crap.

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

So you're human but lack very human emotions such as empathy and compassion. God forbid your mental processes are made aware of social bigotry for even a slight bit.
My compassion and empathy are spent on other things.
Pro choice.
Equal rights to love who you want to love.
Protecting animals.
People working hard having a place to sleep at night.

Please do not assume me to be emotionless simply because I dont find interest in a case such as the Ferguson one.

Even If I was an emotionless human being, that would be my right to be such. Free will is something no one should have taken away from them.

Top Bottom