• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Lmao I don't have school on friday. I'll dowload that **** soon as they upload it

Now the real question is, will 3.5 come with an intravenous feeding kit?
No time to eat or schleep.
Only Smash.

Zoa

Smash Ace
What's up with the armored Zard talk? Is...there actually an armored Zard costume?

Zoa

Smash Ace
Nvm. My ass blind. Just now noticed it in the trailer. That's what I get for not using my glasses.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
2 DAYS HOLY ****ING **** OH MY GOD I ****ING LOVE YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR AND EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE FOR THIS COMMUNITY IS AMAZING AND I LOVE HOW GANON HAS A FLOAT AND I LOVE HOW THE STAGES ARE UPDATED AND HOW YOU'VE PUT A HUGE FOCUS ON FOCUSING ON DESIGN GOALS AND OH MY GOD I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS IT LOOKS SO AMAZING THE UPDTATED SINGLE PLAYER MODE GIVES ME A GREAT EXCUSE TO PLAY THROUGH ALL SINGLE PLAYER AND EVENT MATCHES AGAIN AND OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE ITS IN TWO DAYS.
and don't forget to include custom buffer in the wifi build (not input assist)

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Change log pleaseee
wolf's uptilts looks faster, jab1 better, upair has animation wind up slightly, but I need to knoww

I'm running a tournament on Saturday and we're doing 3.02, make it last big one of 3.02 for an Arcadian before we wipe the pr for 3.5.

Soulstice Music

Smash Cadet
Why is the release date so close to the release of Sm4sh for Wii U or the 3DS???

Putting the game in direct competition with the release of an official game will certainly cause some people to refrain from purchasing the official game (where they normal would have). I have already seen people on this forum mention that they will not be purchasing Sm4sh because of this announcement.

If your options are a good free product now, or a good expensive product later, why wouldn't you AT LEAST take the former? I'm sure most of us will do just that. And a good many of us will do it with the intent on getting both. But by the time the official Wii U game hits stores, what happens when smashers are too invested in 3.5 to buy the game before a price drop, or burnt out of smash all together?

Nintendo has been very gracious with their allowance of this mod to continue, but as far as I am aware, a C&D is still a possibility. It seems very unwise to release a major update anywhere near the release of an official title. Especially RIGHT BEFORE the official title comes out. Getting the early launch is something competitors do to increase initial sales, hype, and interest. But it's important to remember that even dealing with free products, the earlier launch steals some of the hype and interest from the latter release. Having a $60 price tag on the latter isn't going to help it at all, either.

Is P:M purposefully competing with Sm4sh at this point??

...Still hyped though...

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Smash 3DS did all the work of burning people out on double-dipping already, trust me.

A few weeks before or a few weeks after is the same distance apart, so who cares?

HiNiTe

Smash Cadet
Can someone tell me what Zelda's new... thing... is? I really don't see a difference.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Why is the release date so close to the release of Sm4sh for Wii U or the 3DS???

Putting the game in direct competition with the release of an official game will certainly cause some people to refrain from purchasing the official game (where they normal would have). I have already seen people on this forum mention that they will not be purchasing Sm4sh because of this announcement.

If your options are a good free product now, or a good expensive product later, why wouldn't you AT LEAST take the former? I'm sure most of us will do just that. And a good many of us will do it with the intent on getting both. But by the time the official Wii U game hits stores, what happens when smashers are too invested in 3.5 to buy the game before a price drop, or burnt out of smash all together?

Nintendo has been very gracious with their allowance of this mod to continue, but as far as I am aware, a C&D is still a possibility. It seems very unwise to release a major update anywhere near the release of an official title. Especially RIGHT BEFORE the official title comes out. Getting the early launch is something competitors do to increase initial sales, hype, and interest. But it's important to remember that even dealing with free products, the earlier launch steals some of the hype and interest from the latter release. Having a $60 price tag on the latter isn't going to help it at all, either.

Is P:M purposefully competing with Sm4sh at this point??

...Still hyped though...

Don't act like the competitive community even comes close to the casual community in terms of size. If the competitive community didn't buy smash 4 I doubt it would even put a dent in smash 4 sales. Plus, most of the competitive community is buying smash 4 along with the new game cube controllers they are releasing. Not to mention black Friday and the holiday season, Project M isn't gonna make a difference in smash 4 sales.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The new stamina modes are some of the coolest misc. additions I've ever seen to anything. WOW!
Don't act like the competitive community even comes close to the casual community in terms of size. If the competitive community didn't buy smash 4 I doubt it would even put a dent in smash 4 sales. Plus, most of the competitive community is buying smash 4 along with the new game cube controllers they are releasing. Not to mention black Friday and the holiday season, Project M isn't gonna make a difference in smash 4 sales.
All this depends on what you determine is the definition of "the competitive community".

If it's people who like to win, that's everyone.

If it's people who follow competitive tournaments for Smash, it's a fair margin of smashers who play Smash actively.

Also, the amount of Smashers vs. the amount of people who play Smash games actively (when there isn't a new/super recent game) is like 100 to 1, so there's always that to consider.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Most people truly intent on getting Smash wii u will still do so. I'm still gonna buy Smash 4 day 1 of release (or at least try to find a copy in store....preorders are all sold out...I won't find a copy day 1 will I) and play that alongside 3.5. Most people here who got to try/watch Smash 4 3ds and didn't like it were probs not gonna get the wii u version anyways.

Soulstice Music

Smash Cadet
Smash 3DS did all the work of burning people out on double-dipping already, trust me.

A few weeks before or a few weeks after is the same distance apart, so who cares?
Well.. As I have said, I have already seen multiple users here who have stated that they won't be purchasing Sm4sh for the Wii U because of this. So I believe that the 3DS did not do all of the work burning people out. And even if it did, it would not help at all to add a 3rd competitor to the mess. Now we're talking triple-dipping.

And a few weeks before and a few weeks after are massively different.

We live linearly. Every individual's perception is partially based on everything that has happened to him/her up until the point where they are actively existing. When P:M and Sm4sh are pitted together like this (due to the ridiculously close proximity of their release dates), comparisons are going to be guiding decisions on whether or not to spend money. Why do you think the 3DS version came out sooner than the Wii U version? It was a calculated decision. If the Wii U version came out sooner, the 3DS version would pale in comparison, and would have sold less copies.

That is exactly what is about to happen here. In the eyes of many people here, P:M is superior to Sm4sh. If a superior game is coming out sooner, why purchase the lesser version at all? If the opposite were true, and Sm4sh (both versions) had come out with no announcement about 3.5, it would be much more reasonable to assume that sales of Sm4sh would increase due to having no alternative.

And competition is totally fine... If we're talking about original IP's from both parties. But P:M is using Nintendo's IP. The release of 3.5 (intentional or not) is pitting Nintendo against its own IP's with man power it can't compete with.

And my larger point is that it might not have been a good idea to announce a release date within any sort of close proximity to either Sm4sh. Before or after. It should have been several months before 3DS Sm4sh, or several months after Wii U Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm getting both because I'm a huge fan of Smash Bros in general.

And you can be assured that the PMDT knows exactly what they're doing. I seriously doubt something like this is going to hurt Nintendo's bottom line; we're an incredibly small niche in their demographic by comparison, which is probably why they gave zero ****s and set the release date when they did.

So, why in the hell are you raising a stink?

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Project M (or competitive Smash in general) is nowhere near as big as you make it out to be. There are millions of people already sold on Smash 4's graphics or content alone. PM will have at most a 0.00001% dent in Smash 4's sales (especially because it's free).

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
I think PM has as much chance of effecting Smash 4's sales as Melee does.

Probably less so than Melee.

Either way if the competitive scene didn't exist, PM didn't exist, no one played Melee, the game might sell very, very slightly more.

I'd put money on at least 90% of PM and Melee players buying Smash 4.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I actually had like 30 images planned, but I like it here and don't really want to get banned.

Also I'm too lazy to make an imgur account to upload an album. ;_;

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
The 3.5 trailer song is autumn's fading sun
Release is in mid autumn
I see what you did there

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Gotta say that I loved the usage of Autumn's Fading Sun as much as Homebound.

So hyped for this, can't wait!

Soulstice Music

Smash Cadet
Project M (or competitive Smash in general) is nowhere near as big as you make it out to be. There are millions of people already sold on Smash 4's graphics or content alone. PM will have at most a 0.00001% dent in Smash 4's sales (especially because it's free).
You made those numbers up arbitrarily... I would argue that Project M is bigger than you think. If I can wear a Project: M shirt to a small college in South Carolina, and get comments fairly frequently from random people who see my shirt, unless my college is somehow an outlier (it isn't), then the game is pretty big. A LOT of people have played it. I know plenty of causal gamers, and semi-competitive gamers who know about P:M. And it is a mistake to assume that only competitive gamers play P:M, and a mistake to assume that only a competitive gamer would refrain from purchasing Sm4sh because of 3.5. Lets not forget that 3.5 is also adding tons of new costumes, stages, and single player features. Casual gamers would eat that content up.

I'm getting both because I'm a huge fan of Smash Bros in general.

And you can be assured that the PMDT knows exactly what they're doing. I seriously doubt something like this is going to hurt Nintendo's bottom line; we're an incredibly small niche in their demographic by comparison, which is probably why they gave zero ****s and set the release date when they did.

So, why in the hell are you raising a stink?

Smooth Criminal
This comment was nicer before you edited it, lol. Before, you said I should trust them, and now you claim that they probably "gave zero ****s" about the release date. That's certainly not ok because we can't operate with certainty that this won't hurt sales, or our relationship with Nintendo, and how much they trust us with their IP.

I'm "raising a stink" because respecting Nintendo matters to me. Doing something like this could break our trust with Nintendo, regardless of whether or not it hurts sales. What do you think setting the release date so close to Sm4sh's release date says to them? Anything positive?

I'm also bringing this up because when sales haven't been going expectedly, Nintendo has made rash decisions in the past (remember when they started taking all ad revenue from YouTube videos using their games?). If sales for Sm4sh Wii U aren't that great for any reason, who is to say that Nintendo won't blame P:M? They wouldn't need proof for a C&D.

The only exception I can think of is if someone in the PMBR has talked with Nintendo staff and received an ok from them.

Finally, one last reason I am raising stick about this is because I have seen some toxic talk from the people on this forum in regard to other smash games. As a community, small or not, we should only have good things to say about the franchise in general, even if we don't like the current direction the games are headed in.

But a lot of the time, I just see neutral comments, or comments totally in opposition to any smash game released that isn't P:M. That isn't how this community needs to operate because, like I said, we are still dealing with Nintendo's IP.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
>We should only have good things to say about the franchise in general

People have the right to not like certain things or certain games and they have the right to voice that opinion respectfully. Sucking on Nintendo's balls isn't going to get us anywhere interesting.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
That change to Stamina Mode? Looks like Ganons could be huge griefers if they don't make an exception to Ganoncides...

Edit: Just noticed that you lose 5 HP each time you go off the blast zones... So if you have more than a -5 HP difference you'd BETTER not get Side-B'd offstage

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So the red herring of sales was brought up here in order to ***** about the community not having the proper respect in one guy's opinion.

Because creating a mod in honor of everything we love about Smash is disrespectful toward the people who make Smash.

Gotcha.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
You made those numbers up arbitrarily... I would argue that Project M is bigger than you think.

7.09 Million compared to the 970 entrants for Melee @ Evo, which is IIRC, the largest melee tournament to date

Brawl Sales according to Nintendo Website

PM isn't gonna do **** to Smash 4, you need to relax

Last edited:

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Okay but seriously I'm ****ing hype I've been fiending for some PM updates and only 2 days away holy **** definitely running this at our school's Smash tournament this weekend

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Sapph pls armor zard is hype, I'll also lurk here 5eva and it'll be on your conscience 5eva

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You made those numbers up arbitrarily... I would argue that Project M is bigger than you think. If I can wear a Project: M shirt to a small college in South Carolina, and get comments fairly frequently from random people who see my shirt, unless my college is somehow an outlier (it isn't), then the game is pretty big. A LOT of people have played it. I know plenty of causal gamers, and semi-competitive gamers who know about P:M. And it is a mistake to assume that only competitive gamers play P:M, and a mistake to assume that only a competitive gamer would refrain from purchasing Sm4sh because of 3.5. Lets not forget that 3.5 is also adding tons of new costumes, stages, and single player features. Casual gamers would eat that content up.
Of course I made those numbers up. Whether it's 0.000001% or 0.0001%, it doesn't matter. Tournament attendance is a big indicator of the number of people actively playing any Smash game competitively. PM3.0 overall (including 3.02) IIRC has something around 60,000+ downloads.

It's not going to make a difference.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Armored Zard makes him look like Draqo's dragons from HTTYD 2
I need to stop watching that movie, srsly it's been 6 times now

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
AND MELEE EVENT 51?
MELEE?

EVENT?

51?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Sapph pls armor zard is hype, I'll also lurk here 5eva and it'll be on your conscience 5eva
Yes. Armored Zard 2 hype <3

Feel free to lurk. It's awesome here. ;D

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This comment was nicer before you edited it, lol. Before, you said I should trust them, and now you claim that they probably "gave zero ****s" about the release date. That's certainly not ok because we can't operate with certainty that this won't hurt sales, or our relationship with Nintendo, and how much they trust us with their IP.
I decided to get annoyed. That's why my comment devolved into something a little more caustic.

I'm "raising a stink" because respecting Nintendo matters to me. Doing something like this could break our trust with Nintendo, regardless of whether or not it hurts sales. What do you think setting the release date so close to Sm4sh's release date says to them? Anything positive?

I'm also bringing this up because when sales haven't been going expectedly, Nintendo has made rash decisions in the past (remember when they started taking all ad revenue from YouTube videos using their games?). If sales for Sm4sh Wii U aren't that great for any reason, who is to say that Nintendo won't blame P:M? They wouldn't need proof for a C&D.

The only exception I can think of is if someone in the PMBR has talked with Nintendo staff and received an ok from them.

Finally, one last reason I am raising stick about this is because I have seen some toxic talk from the people on this forum in regard to other smash games. As a community, small or not, we should only have good things to say about the franchise in general, even if we don't like the current direction the games are headed in.

But a lot of the time, I just see neutral comments, or comments totally in opposition to any smash game released that isn't P:M. That isn't how this community needs to operate because, like I said, we are still dealing with Nintendo's IP.
Read these posts again:

7.09 Million compared to the 970 entrants for Melee @ Evo, which is IIRC, the largest melee tournament to date

Brawl Sales according to Nintendo Website

PM isn't gonna do **** to Smash 4, you need to relax
So the red herring of sales was brought up here in order to ***** about the community not having the proper respect in one guy's opinion.

Because creating a mod in honor of everything we love about Smash is disrespectful toward the people who make Smash.

Gotcha.
Of course I made those numbers up. Whether it's 0.000001% or 0.0001%, it doesn't matter. Tournament attendance is a big indicator of the number of people actively playing any Smash game competitively. PM3.0 overall (including 3.02) IIRC has something around 60,000+ downloads.

It's not going to make a difference.

And I'll sum it up with the best amount of brevity: Stop being ****ing alarmist.

I'd like to also add that peeps have been modifying Ninty's games and whatnot for years, and yet NOTHING has come down the pike calling for C&Ds of that. You know Kaizo Mario/Cruel Mario? Modded ROMs of games already on the eShop/Virtual Console? You know all the iterations of Brawl? They've even gone on record to publicly acknowledge the existence of these things but do not care.

It's not defamation of their brand in the slightest; if anything, it shows we love this **** enough to dabble in it and expand on core ideas that were put forth by their creators.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
If sales really matter to Nintendo so much then maybe they would have made the right move by not making their console suck, and releasing it with better games from the get-go so it sold more units? Idk man, we can't pin everything on the PMDT.
Nintendo, just like other game companies is made up of people that make poor decisions sometimes too.

Edit: Meiling I'll beat u up (with your consent)

Last edited:
Top Bottom