• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Oh my god I picked the worst time to fall asleep apparently.
You also missed my big post when it happened after the announcement as well.

Gotta say that I loved the usage of Autumn's Fading Sun as much as Homebound.

So hyped for this, can't wait!
I do as well and OMG that avi pic. I'm a sucker for Cordelia.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Hey guys I'm thinking about going ahead and buying my friend's wii and finally get into PM but I have a question.

Will my basic 25/mo package of "up to 10 megs" (it surely never gets that high) I have right now with my net provider be enough to play PM online without constant lag and interruption?

If it's any help, when I'm downloading a torrent with nothing else in the house using bandwidth it maxes out close to 300kps. I don't know if that means anything.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can someone come by my place and hit me in the head with a big cartoon hammer so I'm passed out for the next 2 days?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
But seriously whats the reccommended
I run about 10mb/s+ with few issues. Distance to your opponent is the biggest factor though. If you can consistently run PM at 60FPS and maintain 2-5mb/s, you'll probably be fine. I don't really know for sure (which is dumb because I'm in network engineering and should know this).

Exodo

Smash Ace
As a Ganon fan and main i love the changes,the reflector seems like an awesome addition for Ganon, plus the Hover and now his F smash is basically the Warlock punch!! i always hated that short elbow bash he has for his F smash, WELL PLAYED PMDT WELL PLAYED!!!
now all i need to do is wait till friday and have a taste of the new Evil King!!

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I run about 10mb/s+ with few issues. Distance to your opponent is the biggest factor though. If you can consistently run PM at 60FPS and maintain 2-5mb/s, you'll probably be fine. I don't really know for sure (which is dumb because I'm in network engineering and should know this).
What do you think it means that my provider claims I can get up to 10m but I can never torrent faster than 300k? I don't know **** about compooters.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Torrents aren't really the same because they're dependent on seeding through peers; you can run some torrents where you get 100+ peers and reach your peak download and others where it could take a whole day to download 1GB. Speedtest is a good indication of your raw, unhindered download/upload speed and would best show you how fast you can send packets out.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Torrents aren't really the same because they're dependent on seeding through peers; you can run some torrents where you get 100+ peers and reach your peak download and others where it could take a whole day to download 1GB. Speedtest is a good indication of your raw, unhindered download/upload speed and would best show you how fast you can send packets out.
Ok cool i'll use it when I get home. Looking forward to finding out if I can finally play PM. Time to stop bein a poser.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
In regards to PMBR release time, just remember that a lot of tournaments are hoping expecting to have 3.5 widely available by Saturday morning.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
In regards to PMBR release time, just remember that a lot of tournaments are hoping expecting to have 3.5 widely available by Saturday morning.
I talked to one of the TOs for a local tourney this saturday and they are not sure to switch to 3.5 or stick with 3.0 because with so many changes that in nowhere near enough time to adapt completely and get used to 3.5. On the other hand we are all so hype for it they might just switch to 3.5 anyway, but then they would have to make sure all the setups for the tourney have 3.5

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I talked to one of the TOs for a local tourney this saturday and they are not sure to switch to 3.5 or stick with 3.0 because with so many changes that in nowhere near enough time to adapt completely and get used to 3.5. On the other hand we are all so hype for it they might just switch to 3.5 anyway, but then they would have to make sure all the setups for the tourney have 3.5
I'm aware of that, but people still want to play it regardless of whether or not it's in the bracket.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if it affects anything, but since the WiFi servers are down will you still be able to download the update from the launcher, or will you have to have to get it straight from the site?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm not sure if it affects anything, but since the WiFi servers are down will you still be able to download the update from the launcher, or will you have to have to get it straight from the site?
WiFi servers are only a problem with connecting to Nintendo services AFAIK. It shouldn't affect connecting to the launcher server.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I was supposed to keep this a secret from my scene, but I'm too hyped and cant wait till saturday to show people
@zman804 don't tell anyone till the tourney starts lol

trophy.jpg

Hypest ****ing trophy for our arcadian, I think I want to start doing this for every event I TO

Ignore the credit card in the photo, and my A+ paint skills

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hawaiian Time™
Still better than Valve Time, eh? 3.0 and it's subsequent patches were released in good timing by you folks at the PMDT, but if we get a bit of a delayed release, I'd rather it be delayed than a bug be missed.

Oh yeah of course. Im sure there will be a side setup or 2 with 3.5 if we stick with 3.0
Given that the release date may likely hit later in the day, but before Saturday, I'd guess that there'd be a side setup primarily because people want to try the new PM because it's the new version, and for standard tourney purposes, stick with a familar setup because there's pretty much a big sign that some characters are getting larger changes and I wouldn't want to walk into a tourney to find that some random change in my Doc that I didn't know about before, especially if it's a vital tactic for a character.

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
Still better than Valve Time, eh? 3.0 and it's subsequent patches were released in good timing by you folks at the PMDT, but if we get a bit of a delayed release, I'd rather it be delayed than a bug be missed.

Given that the release date may likely hit later in the day, but before Saturday, I'd guess that there'd be a side setup primarily because people want to try the new PM because it's the new version, and for standard tourney purposes, stick with a familar setup because there's pretty much a big sign that some characters are getting larger changes and I wouldn't want to walk into a tourney to find that some random change in my Doc that I didn't know about before, especially if it's a vital tactic for a character.
Yep thats pretty much how im thinking it will turn out. I already told them im bringing my setup so hopefully I can convince them to use mine as one of the 3.5 setups otherwise im going to lose my mind friday XD

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I ignored the boards Sunday and Monday to finish our D&D campaign and it took me till now to catch up on like 30 pages holy ****.
riku got ***** and killed, cool; and saya became such a *****
Blood+ is probably one of the darkest anime I've ever seen
I was angry too but I see it as a nice refresher that you can't believe everything, especially to the Reddit people.

M2K takes the signature challenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=256GP99HYLA
@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er
11/10 how many toothpastes did you get him to sign all told
im watching kuragehime with my new waifu, and shes like "i had no idea you had such good taste in anime"

ive never felt more ashamed in my entire life

she cute doe, so its totally worth it
You got a new gf and watched a good anime w/ her? How scandalous.
Too bad that kind of thing only works in fiction where reality is out to lunch.

Don't string anyone along, bruh. Treating other people like slabs of meat is unacceptable.
Polyamory works for some people, bro. There's a difference between polyamorous relationships and ecchi harem manga.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm sad just thinking that tomorrow I'll wake up and 3.5 won't be out for another day
Time to practice tech skill until I pass out

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Just stopping by to say I hate my iPhone
Don't let another poor soul get their hands on this abomination

@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er If blood+ is the darkest you've seen
You ain't seen much

Last edited: