• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
it's like... imagine if marvel vs. capcom became almost like a strategic card game. pokemon is like that

nothing makes sense and often how smogon handles its personal tier lists doesn't help that

but it's difficult to think of any other game that offers such a level of customization, because there's a potentially infinite number of options when building a team, and even an NU pokemon can find strange uses in high tiers, maybe just nobody unlocked their true potential

a pachirisu player won the VGC world championships this year

no, seriously
damn Follow Me is broken
I've been getting my fix that I used to get from pogemans from yugioh recently, but once oras drops I think I'm going to play more showdown.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
@SpiderMad I think for the newest gens, you might want to look into VGC format. 1 v 1 for the past few Gens has been overall unappealing, at least in comparison to what I'd consider the sweetspot of ADV/DPPt.

Sometimes it's frustrating, because you can legit lose to people that you are outreading (and outplaying) due to a random crit/status/etc. Just comes with the territory

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it's funnier when you realize that the only reason pachirisu was used was because he was the bulkiest follow me user that kalos had, and only using kalos pokemon was a requirement for VGC 2014

imagine what'll happen when other pokemon start to use it. although how many of them have that volt absorb/follow me combo, I would assume to be little, since that kind of just solves any issue gyarados has with most of his weaknesses

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well Rock Slide might still be annoying for him, although idk if there are any pokemon with access to both wide guard and follow me. Might be silly mixups to be had

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also as you can tell from this infinitely cooler-sounding discussion, VGC owns, don't play smogon tiers and just use pokeshowdown for VGC and maybe the weirdo unofficial tiers like balanced hackmons

I wish there was a good follow me user to work alongside megadrill, a flash fire arcanine with follow me would own bones

e: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/moves/follow_me

yeesh, I didn't know if was that dry

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah I co-sign doing VGC for the newest gens. You'd be way better off not bashing your head into a brick wall, aka 1 v 1 these days

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Pandering to "true" fans in ANYTHING is always a bad idea.
Those are some hardcore mental gymnastics ya doing there. Going for the gold or something?

Not only do I really really REALLY not agree with this (because when you're making a game, you have to set a target audience and make your game in a way that appeals to your target audience, so you're always pandering to SOME degree), but your statement is bursting at the seems with "No True Scotsmen".

And besides, I was talking about the core gaming audience. Kappa.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
does somebody want to fight me? I'm bored and my sniffly cold is keeping me awake. :(

my code is 3793 - 7379 - 6106.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Buffed Brawl Sheik, and nerfed Brawl top tiers

Gee I wonder what's gonna happen in Smash 4

Thanks Miyamoto!

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
sheik can do a combo? ? ? oh man you guys are right this is the worst game ever made

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No, it's "Why can't my character do combos like that?"

The true bane of FG's

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
it's like... imagine if marvel vs. capcom became almost like a strategic card game. pokemon is like that

nothing makes sense and often how smogon handles its personal tier lists doesn't help that

but it's difficult to think of any other game that offers such a level of customization, because there's a potentially infinite number of options when building a team, and even an NU pokemon can find strange uses in high tiers, maybe just nobody unlocked their true potential

a pachirisu player won the VGC world championships this year

no, seriously
really late on this but

smogon has the worst moderators
ever

**** that website

other than that competitive pokemon is a good time. i hate rng with a passion but whatever

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
really late on this but

smogon has the worst moderators
ever

**** that website

other than that competitive pokemon is a good time. i hate rng with a passion but whatever
Smogon's mods are bad, but there are alot of other sites where their mods are down right terrible.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ya'll some suckers. Play some Guilty Gear when it drops you nerds. Also we finally have a release date over here for it December 16 12 days after Japan gets it. I might have to put smash on the back burner and learn some airdashers.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'll play SG when I finally sit down and learn the system stuff of the game and team based games like that in general. Last time I played it is a week or two ago when Eliza came out and that girl is a boss. I wanna learn that character if I take it seriously. As for P4A Ultimax I really wanna play it as well but no money and I don't have a JP PSN account for UNIEL. Trying to get a job before GGXRD and Smash 4 3ds drops.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Mfw I still don't know how 2 traditional fighter. I've been watching stuff for a while now, but go figure, you can't learn controls by watching.

Sadly, I can't afford anything for the time being. saving money for Wii u, Smash 4, gamecube controllers and Xenoblade.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I really love skull girls, but I'm not a fan of the combo game. If I got my fix through memorization and execution of input strings, I'd pick an instrument back up. I just play solo miss fortune and do small combos to oki mixups, repeat.

Can't wait to get new persona, oh my god I want to play the spear/dog guy so much. I played the build at Evo and fell in love with him. puppet character with disjoints? Yes pls.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I really love skull girls, but I'm not a fan of the combo game. If I got my fix through memorization and execution of input strings, I'd pick an instrument back up. I just play solo miss fortune and do small combos to oki mixups, repeat.

Can't wait to get new persona, oh my god I want to play the spear/dog guy so much. I played the build at Evo and fell in love with him. puppet character with disjoints? Yes pls.
That's what Skullgirls is now. They've heavily shaved down the combo game. It's a lot more reset heavy, and even then there is a visible undizzy meter.

YOu can do long combos still, but it'll burn ridiculous amount of bar.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
working on a 4 year plan for my CS class that preps us for work when we get out. i have a **** ton of classes, lol. only way i'd get out in 4 years is if i did like 16-18 creds a semester. **** that i'll just do like 12 a semester and get out in 5

Top Bottom