• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm pretty sure I saw someone doing it on battlefield, with the platform edges

Just what I think I remember. Too many Smash 4 vines and funny glitchy broken wtf videos. I should trade mark and patent my post where I said Smash 4 makes the least amount of sense that any Smash has. Free monies pls

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
One question that comes to mind is will the ATs in 3DS make it into the WiiU version?

It's very possible that none of these things will be patched out, but are "fixed" when WiiU drops.

Granted, considering that we're so close to WiiU's release, I'm sure that nintendo is waay past QA stages and the game is already golden, and right now they're just working out logistics and shipping.

It'd be neat if everything stayed, because, while it being conjecture, it could fuel the idea that they know about these things and are actually okay with leaving it alone.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who knows what Nintendo knows. For all we fail to understand, it's possible that Sakurai holds game development hostage everyday, threatening to nuke the entire project if he doesn't get his (ill)founded wishes! Or Sakurai has multiple personalities, and becomes a madman once you sit him down in front of a computer with dev tools

"Yes yes! Give the fast characters awesome DACUS uses. And while we're at it, LET'S MAKE GANON SUCK!"

*Iwata comes in*

"No! Sakurai think of the Ganon players! Make all the characters fun!"

*Sakurai turns to Iwata, with the most remarkably malicious glare*

"FUN?!?!? THAT'S WHAT MARIO KART IS FOR! Huehuehuehueheu"

*Iwata walks out, concerned for the game but salivating over how much money stupid Sakurai is making them*

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well considering Nintendo is shifting their focus away from the blue ocean and now they're targeting us again, who knows what's in store for real.

Brawl was pushed to be more casual because of Nintendo, so top down development was a factor in that game's development.

That is no longer the case (in regards to casualizing), and Nintendo and Bamco are also getting pretty cozy again too. Been like this since TTT2 for the WiiU, if not earlier.

It kinda makes sense considering that Namco is still pretty big in Japan and it's arcades, and they've had a long standing relationship for a long time.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
IIRC, USF4 checks a SFxT save on your system to give out the DLC, but it doesn't actually it just checks if it exists and nothing else

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
how do we get the free dlc and will the dlc go away after they patch that glitch?
I don't think it goes away when they patch it (since it's already saved). To do it (pc btw) you need to make a folder named SFTK in the CAPCOM folder in my documents, and in that folder make another folder called savedata. USF4 will think that you actually have the game. Then u get the dlc costumes for the 4 new peeps.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anyone remember when Capcom wanted you to pay for DLC... that was already on the Disc? What a fantastic company

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Warning Received
and the PC version of SFxT couldn't get it for nearly a year, despite all the files FOR that dlc ALREADY BEING IN YOUR HARD DRIVE SINCE YOU INSTALLED THE GAME

for nearly a year after release, the only way to get to things already installed on your PC was through illegal actions

also, the same, but on marvel vs. capcom 3, which is an important thing to note, because all the DLC for that game shut down, meaning that there's no way to legally access characters like shuma-gorath, an important assist on many of the best players in the world

frrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccck offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff capppppppppcommmmmmmmmmmm

Edit by Shadic:

Last edited by a moderator:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Anyone remember when Capcom wanted you to pay for DLC... that was already on the Disc? What a fantastic company
The backlash they got tho. They lost ALOT of their credibility after that stunt. And it wasn't like 2 characters, IIRC it was like 10-12 characters that were on the disc.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
and the PC version of SFxT couldn't get it for nearly a year, despite all the files FOR that dlc ALREADY BEING IN YOUR HARD DRIVE SINCE YOU INSTALLED THE GAME

for nearly a year after release, the only way to get to things already installed on your PC was through illegal actions

also, the same, but on marvel vs. capcom 3, which is an important thing to note, because all the DLC for that game shut down, meaning that there's no way to legally access characters like shuma-gorath, an important assist on many of the best players in the world

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccck offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff capppppppppcommmmmmmmmmmm
Yeah. I'm amazed Shuma and Jill aren't banned considering the FGC's MO on characters that have restricted availability whether it be through console exclusives or characters that aren't in the arcade(if available) version of the game.

If for any reason I were to mod that game, I would love to get visible hitboxes and a visible hitstun timer....
Screw online Galactus hacks BTW.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
It's finally up, yissss

Very entertaining stuff. Makes me wish that turbo mode was a legit mode in tournament.

But then I remember Toon Link.

And Zelda.

;;;;;_;;;;;;

EDIT: shoutouts to the Overclocked remix, love that one.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah. I'm amazed Shuma and Jill aren't banned considering the FGC's MO on characters that have restricted availability whether it be through console exclusives or characters that aren't in the arcade(if available) version of the game.

If for any reason I were to mod that game, I would love to get visible hitboxes and a visible hitstun timer....
Screw online Galactus hacks BTW.
Vita version of your game is your best friend then. It has all of the hitboxes. But yeah I kinda agree on the DLC characters and I love Shuma lol.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it's because shuma's beam assist is too integral with some top players. angelic rushes down with him, jan can pretty much camp with a hulk/haggar team using him... they actually get the TOs to switch consoles if the one they're using doesn't have DLC, which is about as fun to deal with as you'd think

I genuinely can't wait for the first TO to say "oh to hell with this" and find a way to patch them in forever and quickly. I don't even think capcom could sue, because that'd require them to have the rights to MvC, which would then require them to still have a deal with marvel, which is pretty much a never since capcom has no money and marvel has far too much to deal with chumps like them

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
it's because shuma's beam assist is too integral with some top players. angelic rushes down with him, jan can pretty much camp with a hulk/haggar team using him... they actually get the TOs to switch consoles if the one they're using doesn't have DLC, which is about as fun to deal with as you'd think

I genuinely can't wait for the first TO to say "oh to hell with this" and find a way to patch them in forever and quickly. I don't even think capcom could sue, because that'd require them to have the rights to MvC, which would then require them to still have a deal with marvel, which is pretty much a never since capcom has no money and marvel has far too much to deal with chumps like them
Hmm.

I would totally be on board for that.
On top of this I don't see there ever being a new Versus game of any kind anytime soon. The Tatsunoko licenses were even harder and more expensive to deal with so there's even less of a chance of there being a TVC2. :/

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Ok I'm too curious

http://smabros.net/archives/14676797.html
Anyone able to read/translate this? the built in translator doesn't help much and its painful to not know what is says lmao
Thread name: Survived until 774%

"This is from a foreign tournament, but what should Peach do in this situation?
Normally you'd go for an early kill before racking up percents, but closer to 100%, peach can't really do much to secure the kill. Even if you go out and try to gimp them, Lucario's really good at avoiding attacks in the air, so it's really difficult. In the fields level, Lucario messed up in controlling his extremespeed and depended on it too much, so if she just used smashes she still had a chance though."

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
A perfect example of how Sakurai goes about nerfing characters.

You win PMDT.
look, idc what your nerfing process is, balancing a smash game before there's public input is ALWAYS a crapshoot, but... couldn't you at least bother changing the animations?

my best assumption is that these hitboxes were last-second changes, no way they'd have these and not bother to at least fix it up to look less ridiculous

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
They also nerfed the hell out of his swing sounds. In fact, I used to be a big proponent for this game's sound design when I first heard it but man it's such a mixed bag.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Geez. Would not be the first time he did something like this though.
Melee Kirby is the example that comes to my mind.

Anyway I like Smash 4's on hit sounds a lot better than brawl's.

For a lot of moves in Brawl, hitting things felt and sounded like you were using these:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Geez. Would not be the first time he did something like this though.
Melee Kirby is the example that comes to my mind.

Anyway I like Smash 4's on hit sounds a lot better than brawl's.

For a lot of moves in Brawl, hitting things felt and sounded like you were using these:
I like the generic punches and kicks and sword slashes at least. I feel like Sakurai doesn't understand the word "compromise" because in response to Brawl's disgustingly high pitched electric sounds, we get these really low pitch, fart sounds instead.

Also, Ike's Ragnell. What the hell man. If I'm gonna give Brawl's sound design credit anywhere, it's that Ike had the absolute best hit SFX in the entire game by a long shot. They sound so weird in 4.

One big plus for 4's sound design though: classic 8-bit and 16-bit sounds being brought back like a few of Kirby's (and the Warp Star) and PK Starstorm using the source SFX from Earthbound.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Well considering Nintendo is shifting their focus away from the blue ocean and now they're targeting us again, who knows what's in store for real.
Pandering to "true" fans in ANYTHING is always a bad idea.

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Even so, they haven't really acted upon their words.
Talk is cheap, especially when they said that they love their hardcore audience in 2008/2009.

For those that don't remember, their words were not congruent with their actions when it comes to their core audience in the Wii era.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm pretty sure he's talking about long time fans, not "true" fans or whatever.

Please stop jumping to insane conclusions.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Considering dashdancing and wavedashing, 2 of the most brought up Melee techs, yes. The execution windows on some dacus' are really small whereas dashdancing is relatively more lenient.
How do we even compare dash dancing to DACUS'ing though? Like, you literally just flick a stick back and forth, there's zero difficulty in that.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
it's like... imagine if marvel vs. capcom became almost like a strategic card game. pokemon is like that

nothing makes sense and often how smogon handles its personal tier lists doesn't help that

but it's difficult to think of any other game that offers such a level of customization, because there's a potentially infinite number of options when building a team, and even an NU pokemon can find strange uses in high tiers, maybe just nobody unlocked their true potential

a pachirisu player won the VGC world championships this year

no, seriously

Top Bottom