• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
My hope was that some amazing Diddy would take major tournies sometime during Brawl's later lifespan, but there's only ADHD and he comes close but hasn't. Salem's ZSS was the closest were gonna get to that dream, but ADHD/High level Brawl Diddy can be really entertaining.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
he won the same major where he caught zero trying to time out and got just enough damage before it was over

that major in general was weird, had most of the US meta knights that mattered but none of them got too far in

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
actually keyboard-style controls work well for fighting games. after all, they inspired this design:

and these are real cool. because holding left and right makes it neutral, you can do neat stuff like dash quickly by just holding right + tapping left once, thus counting as tapping right twice
I own and play all fighting games that aren't Smash with it.

Also what's this Kerfluffle bull****? Is that what we're calling Smash 4 and if so you all know its both spelled and pronounced Kerfuffle right? There's no L after the first F.

Guys plz.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
the ****, so apparently dreamworks is working on a ghost in the shell movie?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Bleh, no PM at Apex? I don't think I'm going then. Sure hope this doesn't become a trend at majors.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Thats fine Apex, we didn't need you either.

Birthday polynomial project is way too difficult. I have to remember how to find imaginary zeros? Bro, last time I did that was like, the 9th grade. That was like a whole year ago. How am I supposed to remember that? They are also suuuper far away from the rest of the graph, which destroys the scale completely!)
Then my birthday also makes like the skinniest polynomial in the world. I have to graph it by hand. Do you know how difficult it is to draw a curves that vary by only .01 from the extremas to the intercepts? I would make each centimeter on the X-axis represent 0.5, but my teacher is very picky about all the stupid tic mark being equal to exactly one.

Last edited:

Frostav

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, I just grabbed a used copy of Brawl to play this game on my Wii.

Going from 3DS!Sm4sh to this game is like going from a merry-go-round to an effin' rocket sled. Maybe it was because I just played with my friends but I do not remember Melee being this absurdly fast. I blink and I'm already dead.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm less mad at the idea of it not being there, and moreso mad at the idea that he's so willing to bend over backwards to appeal to corporations that he'd gut one of smash's own because we don't fit ninty's message

honestly, this was exactly what I was worried about when I heard people say nintendo "had melee in the long-run intentions". that means they wanted more of the games they made, and that means they'll likely want none of the mod based on one of their more polarizing games

Lizalfos

Smash Master
We just need a Big company to buy Project: M like all those other fan mods. They will just have to give all the characters different appearances and names. The M will just stand for aMazing instead of Melee.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm less mad at the idea of it not being there, and moreso mad at the idea that he's so willing to bend over backwards to appeal to corporations that he'd gut one of smash's own because we don't fit ninty's message
to be fair, the smash community is largely inclusive (from my perspective) in that anyone who holds melee in anything but the highest, sloppy blowjobiest regard isn't a person whose thoughts or feelings don't matter - anyone who's a fan of the series instead of just melee is basically a loser scrublord who needs to stop crying and learn to wavedashedgecancelshine like the rest of us sad losers

it's like, the melee community is like WHY DOESN'T NINTENDO CARE ABOUT US

and then from an outside perspective it's like, why would they when you're basically a bunch of bullying sperglords

Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
to be fair, the smash community is largely inclusive (from my perspective) in that anyone who holds melee in anything but the highest, sloppy blowjobiest regard isn't a person whose thoughts or feelings don't matter - anyone who's a fan of the series instead of just melee is basically a loser scrublord who needs to stop crying and learn to wavedashedgecancelshine like the rest of us sad losers

and then from an outside perspective it's like, why would they when you're basically a bunch of bullying sperglords
Holy **** you sound like someone who underwent childhood abuse, how did you obtain such a skewed perspective of the smash community?

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Bleck is running some internet tough guy bull****. I'm shaking, truly.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I heard something a while back about no PM at Apex, but I figured it was just somebody spreading rumours, but I guess there may have been something to it.

Asked TO Joe yesterday why The Come Up (Apex qualifier) wasn't running PM and he said "Apex + Nintendo". He then said that Apex "might have PM as a side event, but it wouldn't be streamed".

I don't get why being a qualifier for it means you can't run PM, a bunch of MLG qualifiers had it and there was no issue with that. It's some serious bull****.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Real talk: buying Smash 4 3DS is a complete waste of money given that the Wii U release is a month later. Already have plans to return it.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer

Is this resentment based on personal real life events, or how people act on the internet?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I dont really watch SAO, but I just watched like 2 episodes with my better half and holy **** plot armor the anime.
Lets dump everything on to the watcher at once, fill in all lose holes and strings with one psycho-rant instead of actual story telling
then have another person get injected/hit right in the heart by the supposed super killer drug thing that part of the plot rotates around
its okay though, somehow it just didn't work, crisis adverted
Like wtf, stupid **** is stupid

why do people watch this

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
SAO2 has so many problems that I struggle to continue watching it every Sat. My biggest complaint of this season so far is the absolutely horrendous pacing. Seriously, why did they plan for 26 episodes when literally everything could fit in like... 6. Possibly even less.

I just have this problem of having to finish everything I start and since I legitimately enjoyed season 1 I have to watch the rest...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wanting to have Nintendo sponsor your event is cool and all..but really what has Nintendo ever done for the competitive community(aside from make the games obviously)? We are a grassroots scene through and through. Project M had FOUR HUNDRED entrants at the last Apex making it one of the largest smash tournaments of all time. Wanting to have Nintendo sponsor your event instead of catering to the people you are actually holding the event for is pretty much just selling out. I certainly won't be attending Apex if Project M isn't an event for those reasons, I would understand more if he just said he didn't want to run PM because of time constraints or something.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So that isn't just a rumor? So all the people who signed up for the tournament and even demanded more spots be made available are pretty much screwed due to the TO getting dollar signs in his eyes?

That is messed up, well worse but I don't wanna bypass the censor!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Real talk: buying Smash 4 3DS is a complete waste of money given that the Wii U release is a month later. Already have plans to return it.
**** sell it to me nigga.

i have niggas i want to hook up <3

I dont really watch SAO, but I just watched like 2 episodes with my better half and holy **** plot armor the anime.
Lets dump everything on to the watcher at once, fill in all lose holes and strings with one psycho-rant instead of actual story telling
then have another person get injected/hit right in the heart by the supposed super killer drug thing that part of the plot rotates around
its okay though, somehow it just didn't work, crisis adverted
Like wtf, stupid **** is stupid

why do people watch this
SAO is a harem anime that is barely disguised at an anime about MMORPG.

It's like .hack but for weeaboos and with a ****ty story.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I understand why people are excited about Nintendo taking notice of the competitive scene, but lets be honest here, its to promote Smash 4.

Nintendo will eventually stop caring again, and it will be on the backs of the community that our games survive. When designing an event for the Smash community, the community must always come first.

That's how it has to be.

Also lets not forget this happened to P:M in 2013. I know the scene wasn't huge then but I distinctly remember that P:M wasn't allowed to be streamed at Apex.

Also I'm aware this is a rumour, but my displeasure at the thought of this happening is...well, displeased.

Bleck

Smash Master
Is this resentment based on personal real life events, or how people act on the internet?
both - the behaviour of both the people I see at tournaments I attend (where people who show prefer to play any game but Melee are openly mocked, and implying that one isn't interested in Melee and that should be okay quickly degenerates into "you don't know what you're talking about because you're bad at Melee") and the people I see on the internet;

Crawl back to Nintendo like an abused child, see how long that teet gives you milk until they stop giving a **** about promoting Smash 4.
like uh I know we're all lonely nerds here, what video gamer isn't? but over there in the real world, bringing up child abuse - you know, a thing that millions of people are affected by, statistically presumably even some of the people in this thread - with no regards with how that might make the people around you feel just to make a point about which sponsor a tournament has is like

you guys might see that post and be like, okay

other people might see that post and be like, wow, what a selfish moron, who cares what he thinks?

like I think being incapable of understanding how your community might be perceived as insular and unhealthy is likely a direct result of being part of an unhealthy and insular community - which, again, is not really something that people (Nintendo) are going to go out of their way to support or understand or care about, 'cause why would they?

Wanting to have Nintendo sponsor your event is cool and all..but really what has Nintendo ever done for the competitive community(aside from make the games obviously)?
see my thing is that I think it's unreasonable to ever have expected Nintendo to do anything for the competitive community, 'cause the competitive community has basically nothing to do with Smash Bros.' success

Brawl sold almost twice as many copies as Melee despite it being a "bad game" according to supposed Smash fans, because the large majority, I would argue, of Smash players don't see these games as a competitive fighter (which they've arguably never been intended to be until Smash 4)

the combination of, again, the community being way more insular and contentious than they perceive themselves to be AND the very self-centered opinion that Nintendo is wrong to continue focusing on the player base that they always have is just... yeah, why would they care?

one of the best players at our local tourneys - way better than I am - only started playing Melee two years ago, and literally accuses anyone who likes SSB64 or Brawl (which he's never played) or Project M is a scrub who has no business going to tourneys (you know, to meet people and have fun), and I find the idea that this is the kind of person who Nintendo is supposed to cater to be frankly baffling

Last edited:
Top Bottom