• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M on Other Sites (Bring in the Demo 2 Discussions!)

Slashy

Smash Lord
I think I should stop, I was thinking at one point bringing this to Digg.

I also want to post on Mangafox.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Well no one has deleted the Capcom-Unity one so far, so I assume that it is okay. It isn't like SEGA, or Official Nintendo Magazine where it was deleted in less than an hour.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot to say on the acceptance of project M and smash itself in the broad fighting community, however that will have to wait.

in the short term, my advice is, don't advertise this until the final version is out. What we do here is not subject to other's scrutiny, so we are free to mess up within our own community, and we will forgive each other for it.

Others are not so kind, and we should wait for a polished final product before attempting to get them onboard.

Meaning, keep releasing patches, stop advertising them and ruining our reputation before we get the final thing out the door.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
bump for update

there was actually a whole heck of a lot of forum activity around the time the demo came out, on some completely random forums ive never heard of

google trawling ftw

and for the most part the ops were created by people unaffiliated with the PMBR (and as far as I know, some arent even on SWF)

but most of those threads died quickly

dunno if thats a good thing or a bad thing

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I have a lot to say on the acceptance of project M and smash itself in the broad fighting community, however that will have to wait.

in the short term, my advice is, don't advertise this until the final version is out. What we do here is not subject to other's scrutiny, so we are free to mess up within our own community, and we will forgive each other for it.

Others are not so kind, and we should wait for a polished final product before attempting to get them onboard.

Meaning, keep releasing patches, stop advertising them and ruining our reputation before we get the final thing out the door.
thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
bump for update

there was actually a whole heck of a lot of forum activity around the time the demo came out, on some completely random forums ive never heard of

google trawling ftw

and for the most part the ops were created by people unaffiliated with the PMBR (and as far as I know, some arent even on SWF)

but most of those threads died quickly

dunno if thats a good thing or a bad thing
If thread activity is sustained by interested people, who want to support the project, it is a good thing. If it is sustained by people who dislike the game, then it is best that it dies quickly.

We'll advertise the **** out of this when all is said and done, for now lets let it lie. If people unrelated to us want to post, don't stop them.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Just wanted to say that the 1up thread I made is still fairly active, even though a lot of it is me bumping it and whatnot with progress updates.

V-K

Smash Ace
Funny how on every site that reported about P:M the dudes from the P:M thread on smashboards personally register just to argue in the comments lol

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
You guys shouldn't really be thanking me for the 1up thread. It's where I'm normally at when I'm not discussing Smash anyways.

I dunno, I'd just chalk it up to coincidence or something. Just like some of the GAF regulars who take active interest in it there.

Utterrandomness

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I just got the idea of showing P:M to the Mario Kart Player's Page boards. That is where I am normally, so I just thought that it would be worth a try.

I don't know what sort of reaction you wil get, but I am sure you'll get a mixture of positive and negative comments, possibly with a slightly more positive response overall. I don't want to start the thread for it, as I am not confident that I could emphasize the main goals of the game, but if somebody wants to try them, here is the link:

http://www.mariokart64.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I just submitted the Lucario demo vid to Gonintendo. Here's hoping they publish.

Someone needs to bump the GAF thread with it as well.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I just submitted the Lucario demo vid to Gonintendo. Here's hoping they publish.

Someone needs to bump the GAF thread with it as well.
I hope you mentioned the OHC only applies to Lucario and not the whole cast, because I believe there was a discrepancy on the thread here on SWF along those lines.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I'll say it again: someone with a NeoGAF account should bump the thread with the Lucario and Charizard vids.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175885
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175694

and i guess this: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/35333 though it's just a obvious embed of one of IGN's videos.

As far as formatting goes I'd suggest a chronological list, most recent at the top, perhaps larger features (such as the IGN) can be bolded later on after more stories pile up above it. a "important" section like right now, how you have IGN at the top, could also be used until something of similar importance happens, with the chronological list being below it.

EDIT: looks like we were also talked about in IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat yesterday. Project M talk starts right at ~40 minutes in. Some of what they say 100% true but it's cool nonetheless.

about the spacies

Hey guys, just downloaded the 2.0 demo this past weekend and I have some questions/ suggestions.

First off just wanted to say that what you guys are doing is amazing. This is an incredibly enjoyable game that feels like it should have been what the sequel to melee was in the first place. Second I have a question about fox.

Waveshining on all three of the spacies is easier than ever (which I love!). But it seems that of the three, falco, and wolf benefit the most from it because of the relatively short wavedash length, setting up very well for their combos.

Fox however, is really dependant on waveshine getting horizontal distance. I've noticed that pretty much all forward momentum is lost after waveshining, and this means only characters that remain extremely close can be followed up on due to fox's super short wavedash.

Is there any way you could either buff fox's post wavedash walking speed to make waveshining more viable (for after the waveshine when he's walking up to his opponent), or make his wavedash a little longer?

Once again guys. good god this mod is great.

Top Bottom