• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Mewtwo: A Balancing Project

Nguz95

Smash Lord
His hitboxes doesn' t match Melee's, they're too short. He lacks of DJC and he moves like someone it's pulling the strings to move him. Also his tail's SFX are really weird.

I'm sticking with Lucario right now bc my bro preffered him, but if you can put him over Samus please let me know so I can put him there again :D
Which download are you using? I went to great pains to make sure his hitboxes matched Melee frame for frame. I also added his added the same DJC that you can find on Ness and Lucas. All of this is in my most recent download. Perhaps you are using an outdated version?
If not, i will definitely keep on working to improve his overall feel. Also, I can't get him working over Samus, but i think I can make him work over jigglypuff and/or wario. Is that ok?

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
I thought that you had trouble with porting over to characters without existing projectile articles? Also, completely advocate for having Mewtwo over Jiggs. Hell, if it's an easy enough fix, shoop it and put it in the OP.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I thought that you had trouble with porting over to characters without existing projectile articles? Also, completely advocate for having Mewtwo over Jiggs. Hell, if it's an easy enough fix, shoop it and put it in the OP.
Was going to say the same thing for Wario...

If the Plug and Play isn't hard, it would be awesome to get both. Wario might be preferable considering we can include armored slots on top of the regular ones.

EDIT: Jigglypuff would save us a lot of work, though, considering she's already on a Pokemon slot. I could just translate everything I have for Lucario to her (minus the ingame SFX until I figure it out). We just have to be careful of that broken FitPurin02 slot.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
so... is anyone interested in my slightly op revammped mewtwo moveset from the dark ages of 08? lol

if I post it, it will be massive, so when the collapse tags pop open be ready lol. I reread it, and was surprised by how many changes to the character I made, he'd be quite the powerhouse if designed that way lol

EDIT: not that I'm advocating it as "the moveset" but there are a few interesting ideas. if I could do all the programming and editing that it would take, I'd do it myself lol.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
so... is anyone interested in my slightly op revammped mewtwo moveset from the dark ages of 08? lol

if I post it, it will be massive, so when the collapse tags pop open be ready lol. I made a ton of changes to the character, he'd be quite the powerhouse lol
So long as we can balance, I don't see why not. Go for it!

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone! For some reason FPC has NOT been working for me at all, not any FPC or combination. If you know whats wrong or how to do it right please tell me because that would
be very helpful. :) Thanks!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hello everyone! For some reason FPC has NOT been working for me at all, not any FPC or combination. If you know whats wrong or how to do it right please tell me because that would
be very helpful. :) Thanks!
I've been struggling with it myself, to the point that I just went back to 3.5.1 for now. Let me know if anyone finds a good solution for you.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
I finally got around to testing the newest step of Mewtwo. Again, here is a giant list of things to read.
Jab: The new Ganon jab is great. Could use less endlag, though. Ganon can initiate two jabs before Mewtwo is done one. Something thing I noticed is that when testing on Luigi, it doesn't hit him adjacent unless he's fiddling with his nose. Maybe alter the hitbox so it hits adjacent?

D/F-Tilt: Just some animation smoothing.

U-Tilt: This move just needs a little animation smoothing.

F-Smash: This move is perfect. Put it in the "Done" file.

D-Smash: Just needs either a little less endlag, or sooner IASA frames so it feels a little less clunky in a P:M environment.

U-Smash: Just a little animation smoothing and it'll be fine. Addendum, Melee's arm movement is almost instantaneous. P:M's arm could be sped up.

Dash Attack: Still has that segmented feel. Not sure if you changed anything about it yet. Everything else is fine. Addendum, Melee has a segmented feel, but significantly less than P:M right now.

Grab Range: "Done".

Pummel: "Done".

F-Throw: Mostly good, but lighter characters get off scot-free at least 90% of the time. At any given percent, Luigi, Jiggs, Lucas, and Ness only take the 1st projectile. Minor changes, but still functional on everyone but them.

B-Throw: Could use slightly more knockback. In Melee, it could kill at around 100. In P:M, I can't kill a Luigi or Mario on Battlefield at 130, whereas U-Throw can. I would give them relative killing power. Make B-Throw slightly stronger, but keep U-Throw even stronger because it looks way cooler when you kill with it.

U-Throw: "Done."

D-Throw: Has fixed knockback. Intentional? In Melee, it wasn't fixed, but didn't kill until about 400 or so.

Jump: "Done."

Double Jump: Could use some minor smoothing near the end of the animation. Almost done, and way better than before.

N-Air: Still creates an impact shockwave when the move starts. Would either remove it entirely like Melee, or center it on Mewtwo. Right now, it is generated about a Mewtwo length away from him.

F-Air: Very smooth shadow trail on the hand, Nguz. This one is "Done."

B-Air: "Done."

U-Air: "Done."

D-Air: Looks really good so far. I still can't tell if he's kicking them, or using psionic power...

Get-up Attack: "Done."

Shadow Ball: The shadow ball in P:M is a little bit bigger than in Melee when he's just holding his charging stance. Also, in P:M, when the Shadow Ball is fully charged, Mewtwo has small intermittent bursts of shadow on his hands. Would it be possible to make it like Melee so he just has constant shadow on his closest hand? Other than that, this one is "Done."

Confusion: When the grab doesn't land, it turns enemies around. It can also hit an enemy as tall as Luigi below platforms on SSE and PS2. The reversing hit also combos itself into the spin and it does 18% damage, which is a little too high. With the suggestions given, I would just avoid this and try to get Barrier operational.

Disable: Still too short to be used effectively. I'm still getting the "on again, off again" launch hitbox when they aren't disabled. Is there a way to make it so the launch hitbox only triggers when they're already disabled? The eye glow is a really nice touch, though. As an odd note, Melee Disable doesn't work if the opponent isn't facing Mewtwo.

Teleport: Needs less endlag when landing on the ground. I get punished when using it for basic recovery nearly every time I use it unless I go only for ledgegrabs. It behaves the same as in Melee, but doesn't fit in a P:M environment.

Random Stuff: For F-Throw, a neat attack would be a basic psychic wave that pushes them away from Mewtwo. It takes out the guesswork of the projectiles in F-Throw, and is still along the lines of "relies on psionics". The animation would be nearly identical to his current F-Throw, but he would do an arm thrust with his left arm after lifting them with his right. This left arm thrust would push them away at the exact same angle as his current F-Throw. Also, you can brand it as the move Psychic and call it a day.

For his entry animation, would it be possible to just remove the spawning platform so he just spins in place? I also had a new pretty simple idea for his entry. He would teleport in with his arms folded, then simply unfold them. It would look badass and probably better than the one he has, IMO.

Just something I read in the Mewtwo boards for S4 a while ago about Mewtwo charging his Shadow Ball with only one hand to make him seem more powerful and ominous. Thought I'd throw it out there.

Victory animations still end up static. This is only an OCD gripe and even for me is bottom of the pile for changes.

When an enemy is held, Mewtwo's grab idle seems frantic. In Melee, he stood nearly upright and none of his body parts shook. Just an observation, but Melee's animation makes him seem more confident and powerful.

He still seems a bit too short. I haven't seen a large impact from playing Melee or P:M Mewtwo because of height, but if other people think height is an issue to Mewtwo, I'm not worried about it.

When he does a dash turnaround and doesn't continue dashing, he does a jump cut from turnaround animation almost immediately into idle. Could use some extra animation to smooth it out.

This project is coming along really smoothly. Props to everyone involved.

EDIT: For Barrier, I know we discussed the move's properties and such, but would it go over Confusion or Disable? Disable can still be used, but the way Barrier sounds, it seems like it would be a better move in a Down-B slot. Maybe move Disable over to Side-B and Barrier to Down-B? It would make sense as most characters have their reflector/magnet/defensive move on their Down-B.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I finally got around to testing the newest step of Mewtwo. Again, here is a giant list of things to read.
Jab: The new Ganon jab is great. Could use less endlag, though. Ganon can initiate two jabs before Mewtwo is done one. Something thing I noticed is that when testing on Luigi, it doesn't hit him adjacent unless he's fiddling with his nose. Maybe alter the hitbox so it hits adjacent?

D/F-Tilt: Just some animation smoothing.

U-Tilt: This move just needs a little animation smoothing.

F-Smash: This move is perfect. Put it in the "Done" file.

D-Smash: Just needs either a little less endlag, or sooner IASA frames so it feels a little less clunky in a P:M environment.

U-Smash: Just a little animation smoothing and it'll be fine. Addendum, Melee's arm movement is almost instantaneous. P:M's arm could be sped up.

Dash Attack: Still has that segmented feel. Not sure if you changed anything about it yet. Everything else is fine. Addendum, Melee has a segmented feel, but significantly less than P:M right now.

Grab Range: "Done".

Pummel: "Done".

F-Throw: Mostly good, but lighter characters get off scot-free at least 90% of the time. At any given percent, Luigi, Jiggs, Lucas, and Ness only take the 1st projectile. Minor changes, but still functional on everyone but them.

B-Throw: Could use slightly more knockback. In Melee, it could kill at around 100. In P:M, I can't kill a Luigi or Mario on Battlefield at 130, whereas U-Throw can. I would give them relative killing power. Make B-Throw slightly stronger, but keep U-Throw even stronger because it looks way cooler when you kill with it.

U-Throw: "Done."

D-Throw: Has fixed knockback. Intentional? In Melee, it wasn't fixed, but didn't kill until about 400 or so.

Jump: "Done."

Double Jump: Could use some minor smoothing near the end of the animation. Almost done, and way better than before.

N-Air: Still creates an impact shockwave when the move starts. Would either remove it entirely like Melee, or center it on Mewtwo. Right now, it is generated about a Mewtwo length away from him.

F-Air: Very smooth shadow trail on the hand, Nguz. This one is "Done."

B-Air: "Done."

U-Air: "Done."

D-Air: Looks really good so far. I still can't tell if he's kicking them, or using psionic power...

Get-up Attack: "Done."

Shadow Ball: The shadow ball in P:M is a little bit bigger than in Melee when he's just holding his charging stance. Also, in P:M, when the Shadow Ball is fully charged, Mewtwo has small intermittent bursts of shadow on his hands. Would it be possible to make it like Melee so he just has constant shadow on his closest hand? Other than that, this one is "Done."

Confusion: When the grab doesn't land, it turns enemies around. It can also hit an enemy as tall as Luigi below platforms on SSE and PS2. The reversing hit also combos itself into the spin and it does 18% damage, which is a little too high. With the suggestions given, I would just avoid this and try to get Barrier operational.

Disable: Still too short to be used effectively. I'm still getting the "on again, off again" launch hitbox when they aren't disabled. Is there a way to make it so the launch hitbox only triggers when they're already disabled? The eye glow is a really nice touch, though. As an odd note, Melee Disable doesn't work if the opponent isn't facing Mewtwo.

Teleport: Needs less endlag when landing on the ground. I get punished when using it for basic recovery nearly every time I use it unless I go only for ledgegrabs. It behaves the same as in Melee, but doesn't fit in a P:M environment.

Random Stuff: For F-Throw, a neat attack would be a basic psychic wave that pushes them away from Mewtwo. It takes out the guesswork of the projectiles in F-Throw, and is still along the lines of "relies on psionics". The animation would be nearly identical to his current F-Throw, but he would do an arm thrust with his left arm after lifting them with his right. This left arm thrust would push them away at the exact same angle as his current F-Throw. Also, you can brand it as the move Psychic and call it a day.

For his entry animation, would it be possible to just remove the spawning platform so he just spins in place? I also had a new pretty simple idea for his entry. He would teleport in with his arms folded, then simply unfold them. It would look badass and probably better than the one he has, IMO.

Just something I read in the Mewtwo boards for S4 a while ago about Mewtwo charging his Shadow Ball with only one hand to make him seem more powerful and ominous. Thought I'd throw it out there.

Victory animations still end up static. This is only an OCD gripe and even for me is bottom of the pile for changes.

When an enemy is held, Mewtwo's grab idle seems frantic. In Melee, he stood nearly upright and none of his body parts shook. Just an observation, but Melee's animation makes him seem more confident and powerful.

He still seems a bit too short. I haven't seen a large impact from playing Melee or P:M Mewtwo because of height, but if other people think height is an issue to Mewtwo, I'm not worried about it.

When he does a dash turnaround and doesn't continue dashing, he does a jump cut from turnaround animation almost immediately into idle. Could use some extra animation to smooth it out.

This project is coming along really smoothly. Props to everyone involved.
This is really comprehensive. I couldn't agree more.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
was waiting for it to be bumped lol. this list is sort of fugly here and there, trying to do big edits caused my mobile internet app to crash twice. keep in mind that this list is from 08 so i had any similar ideas to other people's first lol :p

Please note that in making this list I took measures to make Mewtwo the strongest Pokemon playable (Including Charziard and a full power Lucario...)
------------------------------------------------

Stats.

Size: 4/5. Mewtwo is still a big target, but the duck is lower than it was in Melee.

Weight: 3.5/5. Mewtwo is now about as heavy as Wario, ranking as a heavy-weight.

Speed: 3/5. Mewtwo has sped up a little, but is still far from the fastest in the game. (Running and walking animations are unchanged.)

Attack Speed: 2.5/5. While some of his attacks come out quickly, laggy Smash Attacks bring the overall speed down.

Power: 4.5/5. Mewtwo has recieved a substantial boost in power, now hitting nearly as hard as Dedede, Ganondorf and Bowser, with some attacks that are stronger than some of theirs. Mewtwo is no pushover this time!

Fall Speed: 1.5/5. Mewtwo is still floaty, and is actually lighter in the air than when he's on the ground. (Has something to do with the levitation...).

Recovery: 5/5. Mewtwo has among the very best recoveries in the entire game, with the highest and longest second jump of any character (Yes that includes Yoshi...). This, combined with his 3rd jump, means that Mewtwo can recover from vitually any situation. Slow air speed makes him an easy target however...

Tier Ranking: 7/36. Mewtwo's tier rank is tied with Marth's...

Moveslist.

A attacks.

A: Shadow Spark. (Dark Fire.) Basically the same move from Melee, the attack is a little stronger, but it now has stun and knockback, K.O.ing at very high percents. 8% damage.

Dash Attack: Shadow Shove. (Dark Fire.) The same attack from Melee, only it now pushes foes away from Mewtwo every time it hits, making it more effective. 10% damage.

F-Tilt: Psycic Swipe. Mewtwo swings his arm in a sideways motion, creating a burst of wind in front of him, reaching about as far as Marth's sword. K.O.'s at 120% or higher. Medium knockback. 12% damage at the sweetspot.

U-Tilt: Mental shove. Mewtwo shoots a small shockwave from his eyes as he looks up, striking foes above him. The move has low stun, but medium knockback, K.O.ing at 125% or higher. The reach is similar to the tail move from Melee. 10% damage.

D-Tilt: Tail Sweep. The same move from Melee, very good for starting combos. 9% damage at the sweetspot.

F-Smash: Shadowbomb. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, olny it's now Mewtwo's F-Smash rather than his D-Smash. The power is greatly increased, but the move has a lot of lag. 22-30% damage. (Has frames of Flinch-resistance.) Can K.O. at 55% damage.

U-Smash: Galaxyblast. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, only bigger and reworked a little. If any player is caught in the start of the move, they are dragged in to take the full damage of the attack. It has good knockback, but if it misses, it has a lot of wind down time. 18-28% damage. Can K.O. at 65% damage.

D-Smash: Dark Shockwave. (Dark Fire.). Mewtwo floats up a little bit while charging power in both hands. It then drops and smahes the ground with its fists, causing a blast of Dark Fire to raditate quicky on either side of it. When done un-charged, the move has little power or knockback but is quick. 16-30% damage. Has super armor frames when he hits the ground, but Mewtwo is wide open while charging. Can K.O. at 65% damage.

Air Attacks.

N-Air: Shockwave. Mewtwo releases a blast of air on either side of it, each reaching about as far as Sheik's sex kick in the front and halfway back its tail in the back. Does 15% damage with medium knockback.

F-Air: Shadowclaw. (Dark Fire.) Exactly the same move from Melee, with a slight boost in damage. The move has high combo potential, comes out quickly with low lag, and can be a finishing blow. 14% damage. High Knockback.

D-Air: Psycic Shove. Mewtwo points downwards, creating a blast of wind that can readily spike foes. It reaches about as far down as Gonaondorf's Thunder Stomp, and has a 1-20 chance of having a Dark Fire effect for a boost in spiking ability. 16% damage normally, 20% with the Dark Fire effect. Medium to high knockback.

U-Air: High Tail Flip. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, now with a Dark Fire effect at the sweetspot. 10-16% damage. Medium knockback.

B-Air: Reverse Psycic Swipe. Mewtwo turns halfway and swings its arm behind it, smacking the foe with a blast of wind. It does 14% damage at the sweetspot, and has a reach equal to the tail move from Melee. Medium Knockback.

Grab/Throws.

Grab: Mewtwo now has an extended reach to his grabs, equal to Link's Clawshot. When a grab is attempted, a twinkle quickly extends, latching onto foes and pulling them in to be thrown. The grab is also fast in close, and it gives Mewtwo one of the best running grabs in the game.

Holding attack: Palm Spark. Zap 'em good. 3% damage.

F-Throw: Psycic Toss. Mewtwo whirls the opponent in front of it once(Think the Confusion animation from Melee.) and tosses them away from him. 12% damage.

B-Throw: Reverse Throw. The same throw from Melee, just a little stronger. 12% damage.

D-Throw: Tail Slap. Mewtwo's last returning tail move, it is unchanged since Melee, doing 11% damage with combo potential.

U-Throw: Psycic Whirlwind. The same throw from Melee, and the strongest U-Throw in the game. A reliable finisher, K.O.ing at 110% damage or higher. 14% damage.

Specials.

B: Shadowball. (Dark Fire.) Mewtwo's projectile returns! It keeps all of its former characteristics, only it does more damage than before and reaches further. 28% damage fully charged.

U-B: Teleport. The same move from Melee: a reliable and fast recovery move that can be used to approach and escape while on the ground.

> B: Psycic. Mewtwo flashes his eyes towards the opponent in the same way that "Disable" was animated in Melee. Instead of Disable, Mewtwo unleashes Psycic in the form of a blue energy wave. It can be charged for additonal damage, doing a maximum of 12%. It reaches 3/4's of the way across Battlefield fully charged. Medium knockback.

D-B: Barrier. Mewtwo throws up a barrier around itself in the form of a blue energy bubble. The sheild will reflect energy projectiles and counter moves being thrown at the moment of activation. Sword weilding characters and characters with tether grabs will be able to disrupt the move. reflected projectiles will do 1.5% more damage, and the shield will do 8% damage with high stun, but no kncokback.

Final Smash: Psycic Blast. Mewtwo shows what it can really do with this move! When the move is activated, Mewtwo forms a barrier around itself and expands it into a blast of energy that shoots straight upward, K.O.ing anyone in the way and even destroying otherwise invincible items (ATs and Pokemon for eg.). The move does 60% damage in a single hit and is an instant K.O., with a width of about the distance between the platforms on Spear Pillar. To balance this out, the move can only be done on the ground, and it only goes up, so on a large stage or a stage with multiple floors, its usefulness is halved as foes can easily hide. Characters with mutiple jumps on a small stage can wait it out. Overall, when the move connects, it K.O.'s but the Mewtwo player will have to be cunning to get it to hit. Move source: The First Movie. (Yeah I know, its anime, but Lucario has a Kamehameha, so its permissable...)

Ledge attacks.

Less than 100% damage: Shove. Mewtwo comes up onto the stage holding a hand in front of it, metally shoving the opponent back. 8% damage.

100% damage and higher: Hand Smack. The same move as Melee. 10% damage.

The "getting up" attack: Iron Tail. Mewtwo spins itself to its feet, in a breakdance fashion rather than the Melee way, using a hand to levitate itself to its standing position. The move knocks foes over with the tail. 10% damage. (I actually looked the name to that one up...)

Ledge dodges: Same as Melee.

Ledge climbs: Same as Melee, but floatier.

Side-Step, Roll and Air dodges: Same as Melee.

Battle stance: Same as Melee, with new gestures and tail flicks.

Enterance: Teleports onto the stage saying "You dare defy me?"

Taunts.

U-Taunt: Spins while chuckling. Same as Melee.

> Taunt: Floats off the ground with glowing eyes.

D-Taunt: Holds up its right hand and creates two mini-Shadowball that orbit its outstreched hand.

Victory Poses: The regular three: Same as Melee, but with voice acting inserted. Mewtwo also has three special poses. For Lucario and the other Pokemon, Mewtwo turns away from them, giving them a dismissive wave of its hand. For the Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo faces him with Special Pokeballs orbiting him. For Ness, and Lucas, Mewtwo faces them while floating, looking down on them as if scolding them.

Vicory Phrases. (In English!)

#1: "I am the supreme being."

#2: "Behold my power!"

#3: "I can't be beaten."

To Pokemon Trainer: "Your Pokemon are mine!"

To Pikachu and Juigglypuff: "You should have fled."

To Lucario: "Get out of my sight!"

To Ness or Lucas: "Foolish child. You shouldn't have tried."

Victory music: Any suggestions? I don't know what to put here...

Loss pose: Same as Melee. (If it not broken, don't fix it right? Hello reader! )

Pros/Cons.

Pros.

* Powerful attacks across the board: one of the top 3 most powerful characters in the game.

*Strongest throws in the game.

*Powerful and useful Special attacks.

*Superb recovery.

*Has a powerful spike.

*Has a decent running speed.

*Has a very powerful Final Smash.

Cons.

*A very big and easily comboed target.

*Very light in the air.

*Second highest crouch in the game.

*Extremely situational Final Smash.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I like most of it, but please don't change Nair. That move is awesome. And if you want a Side B projectile, I think Psycho Cut would make a lot more sense, though you can't add projectiles so neither are possible. Though you might be able to use the aura blast from Lucario's Side B as a base, who knows.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I like most of it, but please don't change Nair. That move is awesome. And if you want a Side B projectile, I think Psycho Cut would make a lot more sense, though you can't add projectiles so neither are possible. Though you might be able to use the aura blast from Lucario's Side B as a base, who knows.
Yeah; I love the nair as it is. It's probably my most used move.

I honestly think Shadow Ball is enough for projectile play, but that's just me. I like the voice acting stuff particularly; wonder if the guy that's making the SFX package for us would consider ripping some phrases from the media he's been in...

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
Analysis of your list, Shadow. Responses in orange. I'll include random thoughts after the spoiler tags.

Size: 4/5. Mewtwo is still a big target, but the duck is lower than it was in Melee.

Size isn't too much of an issue for me, but some people might think otherwise. P:M height right now is fine, but I personally would like taller for the sake of canon.

Weight: 3.5/5. Mewtwo is now about as heavy as Wario, ranking as a heavy-weight.
Mewtwo being Ganon weight is nice for his SHFFL game as it stands.

Speed: 3/5. Mewtwo has sped up a little, but is still far from the fastest in the game. (Running and walking animations are unchanged.)
Nguz nailed it with his speed so far. He still isn't "fast" per se, but much better than Melee.

Attack Speed: 2.5/5. While some of his attacks come out quickly, laggy Smash Attacks bring the overall speed down.
This is pretty much as it is right now.

Power: 4.5/5. Mewtwo has recieved a substantial boost in power, now hitting nearly as hard as Dedede, Ganondorf and Bowser, with some attacks that are stronger than some of theirs. Mewtwo is no pushover this time!
Giving Mewtwo more power right now is kind of a dumb idea. Hitting Ganon or Bowser hard would be insane. I assume this was done with Brawl specs for Ganon and Bowser and not P:M? (Considering P:M Ganon and Bowser hit like 105 artillery...)

Fall Speed: 1.5/5. Mewtwo is still floaty, and is actually lighter in the air than when he's on the ground. (Has something to do with the levitation...).
This is pretty much as it is right now. Psychic power is the only reason why a nearly 300 pound Pokemon floats so nicely.

Recovery: 5/5. Mewtwo has among the very best recoveries in the entire game, with the highest and longest second jump of any character (Yes that includes Yoshi...). This, combined with his 3rd jump, means that Mewtwo can recover from virtually any situation. Slow air speed makes him an easy target however...
This is pretty much how it is right now.

Right now, tier lists don't make much sense, especially for a PSA project. Assuming Brawl context.

Jab: Shadow Spark. (Dark Fire.) Basically the same move from Melee, the attack is a little stronger, but it now has stun and knockback, K.O.ing at very high percents. 8% damage.
The Ganon jab fits him pretty well right now, but this would have been a good idea had we not the Ganon jab.

Dash Attack: Shadow Shove. (Dark Fire.) The same attack from Melee, only it now pushes foes away from Mewtwo every time it hits, making it more effective. 10% damage.
Pushing enemies directly away from Mewtwo is non-conducive to a combo game, even in Brawl. If anything, making the knockback vertical or diagonal away would benefit him more.

F-Tilt: Psychic Swipe. Mewtwo swings his arm in a sideways motion, creating a burst of wind in front of him, reaching about as far as Marth's sword. K.O.'s at 120% or higher. Medium knockback. 12% damage at the sweetspot.
There was some talk on the Mewtwo S4 boards about giving him Psycho Cut in place of one of his specials, but I think this would be the perfect place for it. He could just wave his arm and create an ethereal blue blade in front of him, hitting pretty much like his current F-Tilt. Also, he learns Psycho Cut naturally, so it makes sense.

U-Tilt: Mental shove. Mewtwo shoots a small shockwave from his eyes as he looks up, striking foes above him. The move has low stun, but medium knockback, K.O.ing at 125% or higher. The reach is similar to the tail move from Melee. 10% damage.
His current U-Tilt works fine as it is, but I'm no stranger to giving Mewtwo more psychic based attacks. The only thing would be over-polarization on disjointed moves making him super powerful.

D-Tilt: Tail Sweep. The same move from Melee, very good for starting combos. 9% damage at the sweetspot.
This move is great as is.

F-Smash: Shadow Bomb. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, only it's now Mewtwo's F-Smash rather than his D-Smash. The power is greatly increased, but the move has a lot of lag. 22-30% damage. (Has frames of Flinch-resistance.) Can K.O. at 55% damage.
The damage and knockback are way too high to be balanced. Other than that, I actually enjoy his F-Smash as it is.

U-Smash: Galaxy Blast. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, only bigger and reworked a little. If any player is caught in the start of the move, they are dragged in to take the full damage of the attack. It has good knockback, but if it misses, it has a lot of wind down time. 18-28% damage. Can K.O. at 65% damage.
Knockback on this would be an issue. The one we have works fine, as it links properly and is a little hard to DI out of.

D-Smash: Dark Shockwave. (Dark Fire.). Mewtwo floats up a little bit while charging power in both hands. It then drops and smashes the ground with its fists, causing a blast of Dark Fire to radiate quickly on either side of it. When done un-charged, the move has little power or knockback but is quick. 16-30% damage. Has super armor frames when he hits the ground, but Mewtwo is wide open while charging. Can K.O. at 65% damage.
This is a cool concept, but I've always had an intrinsic problem with smashes that move the general placement of the user. Aside from the move properties, making smooth animations of characters that move during smashes is difficult and will almost always end up being choppy.
D-Smash is fine as it is, seeing as not all D-Smashes need to hit both sides of the character. That being said, both his F-Smash and D-Smash do essentially the same thing with different hitboxes. I'll post a move idea in the random thoughts.

N-Air: Shockwave. Mewtwo releases a blast of air on either side of it, each reaching about as far as Sheik's sex kick in the front and halfway back its tail in the back. Does 15% damage with medium knockback.
Mewtwo's N-Air is probably his most important move, IMO. It is conducive to his combo game and racks damage easily. Props for a cool idea, though.

F-Air: Shadow Claw. (Dark Fire.) Exactly the same move from Melee, with a slight boost in damage. The move has high combo potential, comes out quickly with low lag, and can be a finishing blow. 14% damage. High Knockback.
Shadow Claw is perfect as it is.

D-Air: Psychic Shove. Mewtwo points downwards, creating a blast of wind that can readily spike foes. It reaches about as far down as Ganondorf's Thunder Stomp, and has a 1-20 chance of having a Dark Fire effect for a boost in spiking ability. 16% damage normally, 20% with the Dark Fire effect. Medium to high knockback.
D-Air is perfect as it is. The only thing I would change on it is having it Shadow element instead of Electric element, but that is a minor gripe, as both are cool.

U-Air: High Tail Flip. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, now with a Dark Fire effect at the sweetspot. 10-16% damage. Medium knockback.
IIRC, I think U-Air has Shadow sweetspots right now. If not, it totally should.

B-Air: Reverse Psychic Swipe. Mewtwo turns halfway and swings its arm behind it, smacking the foe with a blast of wind. It does 14% damage at the sweetspot, and has a reach equal to the tail move from Melee. Medium Knockback.
I'll post an attack idea following up on this.

Grab: Mewtwo now has an extended reach to his grabs, equal to Link's Clawshot. When a grab is attempted, a twinkle quickly extends, latching onto foes and pulling them in to be thrown. The grab is also fast in close, and it gives Mewtwo one of the best running grabs in the game.

Pummel: Palm Spark. Zap 'em good. 3% damage.
Jeez, man! If Mewtwo had a long grab, he would be FAR too powerful. His U-Throw is the strongest throw in the game as it is in terms of knockback. Combine that with an easy to combo D-Throw, and you have a more grab-centric character than DK, and DK is a character that literally NEEDS to grab to land hits.

F-Throw: Psychic Toss. Mewtwo whirls the opponent in front of it once(Think the Confusion animation from Melee.) and tosses them away from him. 12% damage.
I already posted a neat F-Throw idea in my previous post. This one is pretty cool, but the Confusion animation is janky at best even in Melee where it was perfected.

B-Throw: Reverse Throw. The same throw from Melee, just a little stronger. 12% damage.
B-Throw is good as is. I posted my views on it already.

D-Throw: Tail Slap. Mewtwo's last returning tail move, it is unchanged since Melee, doing 11% damage with combo potential.
I had a cool idea for D-Throw and I can't remember if I posted it already, but I'll post it in the random thoughts.

U-Throw: Psychic Whirlwind. The same throw from Melee, and the strongest U-Throw in the game. A reliable finisher, K.O.ing at 110% damage or higher. 14% damage.
Already perfect.

B: Shadow Ball. (Dark Fire.) Mewtwo's projectile returns! It keeps all of its former characteristics, only it does more damage than before and reaches further. 28% damage fully charged.
As it stands, the range is fine on Shadow Ball and 3% extra damage isn't too much more. I would just have the projectile more erratic in it's flight path to make it easier to chase behind after throwing.

Up-B: Teleport. The same move from Melee: a reliable and fast recovery move that can be used to approach and escape while on the ground.
I already expressed my views on Teleport in my post.

Side-B: Psychic. Mewtwo flashes his eyes towards the opponent in the same way that "Disable" was animated in Melee. Instead of Disable, Mewtwo unleashes Psychic in the form of a blue energy wave. It can be charged for additional damage, doing a maximum of 12%. It reaches 3/4's of the way across Battlefield fully charged. Medium knockback.
A chargeable Side-B is a great idea on Mewtwo. 12% is a little low, but might be alright depending on the charge time. If that's the case, it would not be storable. With this idea, though, I think Mewtwo would become very projectile centric, almost to Samus levels.

D-B: Barrier. Mewtwo throws up a barrier around itself in the form of a blue energy bubble. The shield will reflect energy projectiles and counter moves being thrown at the moment of activation. Sword wielding characters and characters with tether grabs will be able to disrupt the move. reflected projectiles will do 1.5% more damage, and the shield will do 8% damage with high stun, but no knockback.
I enjoy the idea of a full body reflector, akin to Shines and Ness' magnet, but counter triggers would not be good. It would give Mewtwo a Win button. It creates a polarizing move where you reflect projectiles, which forces them to approach, then just counter when they attack. To make it weaker, it would have greater start lag, but would relegate it to being a reflector only. IMO, just having the barrier not counter and reflect all projectiles would be a better designed move, but Nguz is cooking up some Psychic gumbo in the Pokemon kitchen for this one.

Final Smash: Psychic Blast. Mewtwo shows what it can really do with this move! When the move is activated, Mewtwo forms a barrier around itself and expands it into a blast of energy that shoots straight upward, K.O.ing anyone in the way and even destroying otherwise invincible items (ATs and Pokemon for eg.). The move does 60% damage in a single hit and is an instant K.O., with a width of about the distance between the platforms on Spear Pillar. To balance this out, the move can only be done on the ground, and it only goes up, so on a large stage or a stage with multiple floors, its usefulness is halved as foes can easily hide. Characters with multiple jumps on a small stage can wait it out. Overall, when the move connects, it K.O.'s but the Mewtwo player will have to be cunning to get it to hit. Move source: The First Movie. (Yeah I know, its anime, but Lucario has a Kamehameha, so its permissible...)
Not worrying about Final Smashes is the key to P:M. He could have whatever he wants and I would not care, as making Final Smashes takes away from actual balancing. This was most likely Brawl context.

Ledge attacks.

Less than 100% damage: Shove. Mewtwo comes up onto the stage holding a hand in front of it, mentally shoving the opponent back. 8% damage.

Ledge attack is fine. I'm not even sure if there are two separate ledge attacks in the code for Brawl for anyone based on percents.

The "getting up" attack: Iron Tail. Mewtwo spins itself to its feet, in a breakdance fashion rather than the Melee way, using a hand to levitate itself to its standing position. The move knocks foes over with the tail. 10% damage. (I actually looked the name to that one up...)
Iron Tail is a cool attack, but he doesn't learn it aside from move tutor and TM. It would be fine as a graphical enhancement, but no changes to the Get-up attack's properties.

His ledge movement is fine as it is. Right now, you can't even wave-edge unless you drop then DJ WL the ledge.

Entrance: Teleports onto the stage saying "You dare defy me?"
Entrance animations are not a priority, and I already stated my ideas on it.

Taunts.

D-Taunt: Holds up its right hand and creates two mini-Shadowball that orbit its outstreched hand.
Damn, these taunt ideas are cool as hell. The only thing I would change would be to have the Mini Shadow Balls orbit a bent arm upward, almost like his U-Smash charge arm. He would just hold his hand in front of his face, which IMO, makes it look way more badass.

Victory Poses: The regular three: Same as Melee, but with voice acting inserted. Mewtwo also has three special poses. For Lucario and the other Pokemon, Mewtwo turns away from them, giving them a dismissive wave of its hand. For the Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo faces him with Special Pokeballs orbiting him. For Ness, and Lucas, Mewtwo faces them while floating, looking down on them as if scolding them.

Victory Phrases. (In English!)

To Pikachu and Jigglypuff: "You should have fled."

Victory animations are low priority right now. Also, I don't think that you can make character specific victory animations. As an aside, do those first three lines exist elsewhere (ie, Pokemon movies or anime)? If they do, the new RSBE could shoop those in no problem.

As is stands, custom victory music cannot be made for specific characters. Shun_One was looking into the codes to see if it could be done, but it can't without a lot more work than needed.

Loss pose: Same as Melee. (If it not broken, don't fix it right? Hello reader!
I haven't actually seen his loss animation so far, as I've not lost with Mewtwo yet. I don't imagine that it would need to be changed anyways.

These ideas on the whole are really good. Some are janky because of the intent to make Mewtwo overpowered, some because of the Brawl environment.

A follow up idea from the F-Tilt and B-Air ideas.

F-Tilt Psycho Cut: Mewtwo waves his arm horizontally in front of him, creating an ethereal blue blade in front of him. This blade has identical reach to his current F-Tilt, but hits right in front of his arm. This deals ~10% damage with regular F-Tilt knockback and angle.

B-Air Aerial Psycho Cut: Mewtwo turns midair and waves his arm behind him, creating an ethereal blue blade behind him. It has less reach than his current B-Air, but deals more damage and has identical knockback.

For anyone who plays Marvel, imagine something similar to Strider Hiryu's Gram or blade attacks.

Also, a D-Smash idea.

D-Smash Psychic Burst: Mewtwo folds his arms together. This is the smash charge period. When released, Mewtwo unfolds his arms and unleashes a short range blue barrier burst. The burst deals ~12-20% damage and has low horizontal knockback.

EDIT: I tried Mewtwo's Final Smash earlier, and the last portion of the animation would fit the D-Smash perfectly if implemented.

D-Throw idea.

D-Throw Psychic Slam: Mewtwo slams his opponent into the ground using psychic force. The damage and knockback would be the same as his existing D-Throw. The animation would be a modified and reversed F-Throw animation.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
That Barrier DSmash is pretty cool sounding. IMO, I like it more that way than as a special, but the only other things I can think of for a DSpecial are projectiles, which he doesn't need, or an Offense Up type move with a charge that drains over time that increases his grab range, and throw damage/KB. Either are kind of polarizing, so even if I feel that the game has enough Shine-style moves, especially among DJC users, it's probably for the best.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
That Barrier DSmash is pretty cool sounding. IMO, I like it more that way than as a special, but the only other things I can think of for a DSpecial are projectiles, which he doesn't need, or an Offense Up type move with a charge that drains over time that increases his grab range, and throw damage/KB. Either are kind of polarizing, so even if I feel that the game has enough Shine-style moves, especially among DJC users, it's probably for the best.
Projectiles on other moves should pretty much be taboo at this point. Link is hell to approach because he has 2 projectiles and an item generator.
Offense Up boosts on Lucas are alright, because he actually needs them. On Mewtwo, everyone ded, try again later.

Saying shines on DJC characters is literally everyone except Yoshi. I personally would have Disable on Side-B and Reflect on Down-B. Reflect would be one direction only and would behave similarly to Pit's Mirror Shield what with the angling and whatnot. I don't know how HP works on Pit's shield, though, because he can block moves that don't hit very hard. He could feasibly have both Barrier on D-Smash and Reflect/Light Screen on Down-B. It's not like Mewtwo is not intelligent enough to use a TM on himself. Or we could just be doofuses and give him Recover for absolutely no reason.

EDIT: Apparently, you can't shield cancel charging Shadow Ball midair; it just makes you airdodge. That needs to be fixed so you can cancel it.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
like I said, it was/is fugly in its current form and is in need of some editing.

I would agree, Mewtwo should not hit as hard as PM bowser, but he should rival DK/Zard at least, and be close to Ganondorf in terms of damage output imo.

thanks for all the responses, and the long reply gigasoverlord. I will have more to say and discuss when I get to an actual computer on Monday

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
Which download are you using? I went to great pains to make sure his hitboxes matched Melee frame for frame. I also added his added the same DJC that you can find on Ness and Lucas. All of this is in my most recent download. Perhaps you are using an outdated version?
If not, i will definitely keep on working to improve his overall feel. Also, I can't get him working over Samus, but i think I can make him work over jigglypuff and/or wario. Is that ok?
Yeah, I was using the outdated version just before you updated it, lol.

I think it would be ok if it's over Puff since no one in my scene uses her as a main, but Wario is the main of my lil' brother.

I meant to say the hitboxes weren't in the same spot as Melee's, I was not talking about timming (my fault, sorry). The up smash being the most noticeable one wich covers M2's body while he's doing it and Melee's doesn't. I love the new tail, tough. It's larger than the animation (just as Snake in Brawl and I love him) and I love using the tilts.

You're doing a great work and you should keep doing it, thanks for sharing!

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
Just some things I found when testing yesterday/this morning.

Non-fully charged Shadow Ball pushes Mewtwo off the edge. I noticed this when the ball makes the "whoosh" sound when it's charging. The fully charged one does not.

Is fully charged Shadow Ball supposed to push Mewtwo back that far in the air? It pushes him back about half of Final Destination. Addendum. In Melee, it pushes him back about the same on FD, but has slightly more initial velocity.

Jab doesn't even hit anything shorter than Mario, which is really damn weird. That hitbox is janked up.

My D-Smash idea could easily use all of the animations from U-Throw, but I didn't even know it until I slowed it down and zoomed it in practice. The charge period would be the arm cross just before he throws his opponent. You'd just have to speed up the initial arm centering motion.

D-Tilt could have less endlag. In Melee, he could do it consecutively without any in-between frames.

N-Air in Melee actually carries the opponent with you once struck until the end of the move. With this, however, P:M's is slightly faster and does 2 more % max. I think carrying would be a good property.

Melee Mewtwo's pummel could be done consecutively without delay. P:M has only a little more endlag than Meleetwo.

Meleetwo's holding animation has his hand wave only and he stands up straight. I think I've probably mentioned this before.

Meleetwo's U-Air tail landing animation is pretty damn quick, much faster than P:M's.

EDIT: Shadow, just because the list needs some working doesn't mean that the ideas are spoiled.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
I kinda like some of your ideas Shadow Huan. Making him powerful is cool. I do think he should be a little more powerful.

Also, Mewtwo right now can Do his Up-B against a wall and jump out of it and use it again like mario and lucario. Not a big problem for me cuz his recovery is already good.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
glad to see people are still working on this. great job to everyone! anyway we can make mewtwo replace someone else? many people like both lucario and mewtwo.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
glad to see people are still working on this. great job to everyone! anyway we can make mewtwo replace someone else? many people like both lucario and mewtwo.
Yes. I am currently working in a .rel so you can use him over jigglypuff and Wario. I just need to test it. I have been kind of busy with barrier, which is coming along nicely. I have the move, i just need to find a good graphic effect to use.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet

Something like this? though it may look too much like a normal shield.
Kinda looks like ness and lucas down B without the wavy bits. and light blue

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
When all is said and done regarding the model rigging, do you guys think we should look for some nice retexturing? I think all of the models used right now could benefit from it.

I for one would like something more akin to Mewtwo's original artwork (not necessarily the fading of the colors, but the colors themselves).

http://i.imgur.com/qAodg.png

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Yes. I am currently working in a .rel so you can use him over jigglypuff and Wario. I just need to test it. I have been kind of busy with barrier, which is coming along nicely. I have the move, i just need to find a good graphic effect to use.
Really exicted for this. Don't know what we're going to do about the SFX bank, though.

dynablade1

Smash Cadet
Any word on how that ghost cast slot thing is going? Like adding a character slot? because even if we could just copy-pasta a 2nd lucario into the slot and then we could use the SFX, textures and all that without much trouble.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Any word on how that ghost cast slot thing is going? Like adding a character slot? because even if we could just copy-pasta a 2nd lucario into the slot and then we could use the SFX, textures and all that without much trouble.
That clone engine is a mystery, unfortunately. No one knows (except maybe the elites in the PMBR) how it's going. We're all waiting on it.

If it ends up happening someday, I'm sure we can do that (if the PMBR doesn't make their own Mewtwo first).

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
I just have a sneaking feeling that if the clone engine was actually working at some point in time, they would talk to Nguz about using and polishing his Mewtwo and just making him a de facto part of the PMBR. That, or just make Roy for all teh ph1r3 fanboys.

Also, wouldn't the SFX work without a hitch on almost any characters? Since I have absolutely no idea how the new RSBE works, I assume that it just boots the sfx files on the SD card and overrides the actual Brawl SFX.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I just have a sneaking feeling that if the clone engine was actually working at some point in time, they would talk to Nguz about using and polishing his Mewtwo and just making him a de facto part of the PMBR. That, or just make Roy for all teh ph1r3 fanboys.

Also, wouldn't the SFX work without a hitch on almost any characters? Since I have absolutely no idea how the new RSBE works, I assume that it just boots the sfx files on the SD card and overrides the actual Brawl SFX.
By the time it happens (if it does), this wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, that's how it works. Unfortunately, it reads from files that have specific IDs for characters, and I don't know how to change them. Once I or someone else figures it out, we're good to go.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Based on that, would it be possible to replace the specific ID'd files with those of the character you're replacing with, or is it a Brawl disc issue?
It's possible to replace the IDs of the SFX, and therefore match them to the appropriate characters, so I suppose it's more like the first scenario.

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
was waiting for it to be bumped lol. this list is sort of fugly here and there, trying to do big edits caused my mobile internet app to crash twice. keep in mind that this list is from 08 so i had any similar ideas to other people's first lol :p

Please note that in making this list I took measures to make Mewtwo the strongest Pokemon playable (Including Charziard and a full power Lucario...)
------------------------------------------------

Stats.

Recovery: 5/5. Mewtwo has among the very best recoveries in the entire game, with the highest and longest second jump of any character (Yes that includes Yoshi...). This, combined with his 3rd jump, means that Mewtwo can recover from vitually any situation. Slow air speed makes him an easy target however...

Moveslist.

A attacks.

A: Shadow Spark. (Dark Fire.) Basically the same move from Melee, the attack is a little stronger, but it now has stun and knockback, K.O.ing at very high percents. 8% damage.

F-Tilt: Psycic Swipe. Mewtwo swings his arm in a sideways motion, creating a burst of wind in front of him, reaching about as far as Marth's sword. K.O.'s at 120% or higher. Medium knockback. 12% damage at the sweetspot.

F-Smash: Shadowbomb. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, olny it's now Mewtwo's F-Smash rather than his D-Smash. The power is greatly increased, but the move has a lot of lag. 22-30% damage. (Has frames of Flinch-resistance.) Can K.O. at 55% damage.

U-Smash: Galaxyblast. (Dark Fire.) The same move from Melee, only bigger and reworked a little. If any player is caught in the start of the move, they are dragged in to take the full damage of the attack. It has good knockback, but if it misses, it has a lot of wind down time. 18-28% damage. Can K.O. at 65% damage.

D-Smash: Dark Shockwave. (Dark Fire.). Mewtwo floats up a little bit while charging power in both hands. It then drops and smahes the ground with its fists, causing a blast of Dark Fire to raditate quicky on either side of it. When done un-charged, the move has little power or knockback but is quick. 16-30% damage. Has super armor frames when he hits the ground, but Mewtwo is wide open while charging. Can K.O. at 65% damage.

Air Attacks.

F-Air: Shadowclaw. (Dark Fire.) Exactly the same move from Melee, with a slight boost in damage. The move has high combo potential, comes out quickly with low lag, and can be a finishing blow. 14% damage. High Knockback.

D-Air: Psycic Shove. Mewtwo points downwards, creating a blast of wind that can readily spike foes. It reaches about as far down as Gonaondorf's Thunder Stomp, and has a 1-20 chance of having a Dark Fire effect for a boost in spiking ability. 16% damage normally, 20% with the Dark Fire effect. Medium to high knockback.

B-Air: Reverse Psycic Swipe. Mewtwo turns halfway and swings its arm behind it, smacking the foe with a blast of wind. It does 14% damage at the sweetspot, and has a reach equal to the tail move from Melee. Medium Knockback.

Grab/Throws.

Holding attack: Palm Spark. Zap 'em good. 3% damage.

F-Throw: Psycic Toss. Mewtwo whirls the opponent in front of it once(Think the Confusion animation from Melee.) and tosses them away from him. 12% damage.

U-Throw: Psycic Whirlwind. The same throw from Melee, and the strongest U-Throw in the game. A reliable finisher, K.O.ing at 110% damage or higher. 14% damage.

Specials.

B: Shadowball. (Dark Fire.) Mewtwo's projectile returns! It keeps all of its former characteristics, only it does more damage than before and reaches further. 28% damage fully charged.

U-B: Teleport. The same move from Melee: a reliable and fast recovery move that can be used to approach and escape while on the ground.

> B: Psycic. Mewtwo flashes his eyes towards the opponent in the same way that "Disable" was animated in Melee. Instead of Disable, Mewtwo unleashes Psycic in the form of a blue energy wave. It can be charged for additonal damage, doing a maximum of 12%. It reaches 3/4's of the way across Battlefield fully charged. Medium knockback.

D-B: Barrier. Mewtwo throws up a barrier around itself in the form of a blue energy bubble. The sheild will reflect energy projectiles and counter moves being thrown at the moment of activation. Sword weilding characters and characters with tether grabs will be able to disrupt the move. reflected projectiles will do 1.5% more damage, and the shield will do 8% damage with high stun, but no kncokback.

Final Smash: Psycic Blast. Mewtwo shows what it can really do with this move! When the move is activated, Mewtwo forms a barrier around itself and expands it into a blast of energy that shoots straight upward, K.O.ing anyone in the way and even destroying otherwise invincible items (ATs and Pokemon for eg.). The move does 60% damage in a single hit and is an instant K.O., with a width of about the distance between the platforms on Spear Pillar. To balance this out, the move can only be done on the ground, and it only goes up, so on a large stage or a stage with multiple floors, its usefulness is halved as foes can easily hide. Characters with mutiple jumps on a small stage can wait it out. Overall, when the move connects, it K.O.'s but the Mewtwo player will have to be cunning to get it to hit. Move source: The First Movie. (Yeah I know, its anime, but Lucario has a Kamehameha, so its permissable...)

Ledge attacks.

Less than 100% damage: Shove. Mewtwo comes up onto the stage holding a hand in front of it, metally shoving the opponent back. 8% damage.

Enterance: Teleports onto the stage saying "You dare defy me?"

Taunts.

Vicory Phrases. (In English!)

To Pikachu and Juigglypuff: "You should have fled."

Loss pose: Same as Melee. (If it not broken, don't fix it right? Hello reader! )

Pros/Cons.

Pros.

* Powerful attacks across the board: one of the top 3 most powerful characters in the game.

*Strongest throws in the game.

*Powerful and useful Special attacks.

*Superb recovery.

*Has a powerful spike.

*Has a decent running speed.

*Has a very powerful Final Smash.

Cons.

*A very big and easily comboed target.

*Very light in the air.

*Second highest crouch in the game.

*Extremely situational Final Smash.

Looks good! But I would keep Nair. That move is too awesome. Also I wouldn't get rid of all of his tail attacks. You would think he would have attacks for it since it is a long tail. I think the old Bair and Dtilt are fine staying. Side B and Down B look like nice additions to M2's moveset. Fthrow sounds too much like Ness's Fthrow. But a new Fthrow is a good idea.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I always thought it odd that mewtwo, who has vast telekenetic powers, uses his limbs so much.

so I changed it to what I thought fit the character better. since I wrote it some of my opinions have changed though.

i would agree about the nair but if you want to keep it at least give it some priority. it has almost none as it is in melee. a bit more range would work nicely too imo.

giving the fair longer range is a must; other than that the move is just about perfect.

the fsmash could work as is, with a big boost in KB. something that must be sweetspotted like Marth's fsmash should have a similar reward in terms of killing power.

dsmash already hits slightly below the stage. a boost in damage would work.

upsmash needs a rework in some way, as it is it has potental but is a bad move.

I stand by the other changes that I made, barring some of the silly brawl stuff that I couldn't get rid of on my phone.

the ftilt is better imo. a new "point of death" Dair fits the character much better than the current one imo. my idea for an uptilt is okay, could keep the melee one if there was a way to not make it meh. the backair is better imo. giving the upair an effect on the sweet spot would give it a much more powerful feeling

I agree that giving him even brawl Link's grab range is too much, but it should at least rival marth.

overall in my opinion mewtwo should give the vibe that he has so much power that it is barely under his control, that unchecked he could go on a rampage ala hulk lol. foucsed, powerful strikes that increase in potency with spacing and such.

the strongest playable Pokemon in the smash series should be hard to learn and master but have the power to properly reward said mastery

These ideas on the whole are really good. Some are janky because of the intent to make Mewtwo overpowered, some because of the Brawl environment.

A follow up idea from the F-Tilt and B-Air ideas.

F-Tilt Psycho Cut: Mewtwo waves his arm horizontally in front of him, creating an ethereal blue blade in front of him. This blade has identical reach to his current F-Tilt, but hits right in front of his arm. This deals ~10% damage with regular F-Tilt knockback and angle.

B-Air Aerial Psycho Cut: Mewtwo turns midair and waves his arm behind him, creating an ethereal blue blade behind him. It has less reach than his current B-Air, but deals more damage and has identical knockback.

For anyone who plays Marvel, imagine something similar to Strider Hiryu's Gram or blade attacks.

Also, a D-Smash idea.

D-Smash Psychic Burst: Mewtwo folds his arms together. This is the smash charge period. When released, Mewtwo unfolds his arms and unleashes a short range blue barrier burst. The burst deals ~12-20% damage and has low horizontal knockback.

EDIT: I tried Mewtwo's Final Smash earlier, and the last portion of the animation would fit the D-Smash perfectly if implemented.

D-Throw idea.

D-Throw Psychic Slam: Mewtwo slams his opponent into the ground using psychic force. The damage and knockback would be the same as his existing D-Throw. The animation would be a modified and reversed F-Throw animation.
thanks for the lengthy reply to the list. I like your dmash idea a lot actually.

glad you liked the taunts too lol, sorry the list was a beta

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
I always thought it odd that mewtwo, who has vast telekenetic powers, uses his limbs so much.

so I changed it to what I thought fit the character better. since I wrote it some of my opinions have changed though.

i would agree about the nair but if you want to keep it at least give it some priority. it has almost none as it is in melee. a bit more range would work nicely too imo.

giving the fair longer range is a must; other than that the move is just about perfect.

the fsmash could work as is, with a big boost in KB. something that must be sweetspotted like Marth's fsmash should have a similar reward in terms of killing power.

dsmash already hits slightly below the stage. a boost in damage would work.

upsmash needs a rework in some way, as it is it has potental but is a bad move.

I stand by the other changes that I made, barring some of the silly brawl stuff that I couldn't get rid of on my phone.

the ftilt is better imo. a new "point of death" Dair fits the character much better than the current one imo. my idea for an uptilt is okay, could keep the melee one if there was a way to not make it meh. the backair is better imo. giving the upair an effect on the sweet spot would give it a much more powerful feeling

I agree that giving him even brawl Link's grab range is too much, but it should at least rival marth.

overall in my opinion mewtwo should give the vibe that he has so much power that it is barely under his control, that unchecked he could go on a rampage ala hulk lol. foucsed, powerful strikes that increase in potency with spacing and such.

the strongest playable Pokemon in the smash series should be hard to learn and master but have the power to properly reward said mastery

thanks for the lengthy reply to the list. I like your dmash idea a lot actually.

glad you liked the taunts too lol, sorry the list was a beta
Sorry, I meant to say that I think Dtilt and Bair can be his only tail moves. The new Ftilt sounds cool. I am thinking Uair can be something like a force push. I do agree about M2 using his limbs too much in melee. Basically I was trying to say not to make him have no tail moves.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
sorry lol, I misunderstood you as opposed to you posting something incorrectly

I should try this out if I get a working Project M again lol

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
sorry lol, I misunderstood you as opposed to you posting something incorrectly

I should try this out if I get a working Project M again lol

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Haven't heard from Nguz in a while. I'm sure he's made progress, since he said the last time that Barrier was doing well, but I'm getting antsy for an update. haha

If you're reading this, man, do you mind filling us in a little? It would help keep the thread lively, too.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Haven't heard from Nguz in a while. I'm sure he's made progress, since he said the last time that Barrier was doing well, but I'm getting antsy for an update. haha

If you're reading this, man, do you mind filling us in a little? It would help keep the thread lively, too.
Sorry about that. Here's what I have so far: Barrier is in a weird place. Right now the animation works great. He puts out his hand nice and smooth, and then a purple burst comes out of his hands. The whole move lasts for almost a second (39 frames). The problem now is twofold:
1. I can't get him to reflect stuff :cry:
2. I can't get it to only cancel on jumps (he can walk, jump, attack, etc after frame 20).
While these problems sound pretty big, I'm pretty sure I'm right around the corner of figuring them out. I'm just trying to figure out some extra flags that can give me the effect (reflect) that I need. I'm going to look at Lucas' and Ness' shines to see if I can find a jump-only command. I believe it has to do with variables. That also means I can look at Ike's side b too.

In other news, jab is prefect. It comes out on frame 4. It's as strong as Ganon's, and the hitbox is in a good place now. Fsmash functions pretty well now. It's a slow starting smash that hits really hard (think :ike:) at the hand and arm hitboxes, but not at the extended hitbox (think old :mewtwomelee: ). Basically, it's a punch where his hand emits purple flames, sort of like warlock punch. ( :ganondorfmelee:). The animation looks a little strange, which I think is related to the fact that he slides backwards at the beginning without moving his feet. It's nearly finished. Ftilt is coming along smoothly. I'm experimenting with the same flags I was talking about earlier with the down-b. Basically I'm stretching the hitbox on his throw bone along the entire length of the bone. I'm actually really close to finished with this one, In fact, I just need to test it once more and I'll be done.

Other miscellaneous things:
I have been trying to contact the PM guys to find out how they added dash-dancing. I met JCeaser at Xandu a few days ago. Unfortunately he didn't know how they coded the dash dancing, but he directed me to some other people. I have been trying to figure it out on my own with little success. I might be on to something though. I have also been experimenting with the plug and play .rels. Right now they just make the game crash... :crying:. I have no idea how these work, so I'm going to send a message to the guy who started the thread and see if he knows how to do this for Project M. I'm not sure this part will work out, but I really hope it does. In terms of good news I found the screen shake command and I added to his dsmash and his fsmash. I have been trying to get the fsmash to look really strong, and the screen shake adds to the feeling imo.

Writing all this down it occurred to me that I'm trying to do too much for this next version. I'll just release one with a proto down b once I get the reflect working, a finished fsmash, and a finished ftilt. Expect something really soon!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Sorry about that. Here's what I have so far: Barrier is in a weird place. Right now the animation works great. He puts out his hand nice and smooth, and then a purple burst comes out of his hands. The whole move lasts for almost a second (39 frames). The problem now is twofold:
1. I can't get him to reflect stuff :cry:
2. I can't get it to only cancel on jumps (he can walk, jump, attack, etc after frame 20).
While these problems sound pretty big, I'm pretty sure I'm right around the corner of figuring them out. I'm just trying to figure out some extra flags that can give me the effect (reflect) that I need. I'm going to look at Lucas' and Ness' shines to see if I can find a jump-only command. I believe it has to do with variables. That also means I can look at Ike's side b too.

In other news, jab is prefect. It comes out on frame 4. It's as strong as Ganon's, and the hitbox is in a good place now. Fsmash functions pretty well now. It's a slow starting smash that hits really hard (think :ike:) at the hand and arm hitboxes, but not at the extended hitbox (think old :mewtwomelee: ). Basically, it's a punch where his hand emits purple flames, sort of like warlock punch. ( :ganondorfmelee:). The animation looks a little strange, which I think is related to the fact that he slides backwards at the beginning without moving his feet. It's nearly finished. Ftilt is coming along smoothly. I'm experimenting with the same flags I was talking about earlier with the down-b. Basically I'm stretching the hitbox on his throw bone along the entire length of the bone. I'm actually really close to finished with this one, In fact, I just need to test it once more and I'll be done.

Other miscellaneous things:
I have been trying to contact the PM guys to find out how they added dash-dancing. I met JCeaser at Xandu a few days ago. Unfortunately he didn't know how they coded the dash dancing, but he directed me to some other people. I have been trying to figure it out on my own with little success. I might be on to something though. I have also been experimenting with the plug and play .rels. Right now they just make the game crash... :crying:. I have no idea how these work, so I'm going to send a message to the guy who started the thread and see if he knows how to do this for Project M. I'm not sure this part will work out, but I really hope it does. In terms of good news I found the screen shake command and I added to his dsmash and his fsmash. I have been trying to get the fsmash to look really strong, and the screen shake adds to the feeling imo.

Writing all this down it occurred to me that I'm trying to do too much for this next version. I'll just release one with a proto down b once I get the reflect working, a finished fsmash, and a finished ftilt. Expect something really soon!
Yeah, that's a lot. haha That's some great work, though. I'm excited to try it all out!

Top Bottom