• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Uh... how much of all this do I gotta reinstall to make OoT Ganon work? I've done a bunch of music and costume hacks for various characters and would rather not go through all the effort of redoing it for this if I don't need to.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Uh... how much of all this do I gotta reinstall to make OoT Ganon work? I've done a bunch of music and costume hacks for various characters and would rather not go through all the effort of redoing it for this if I don't need to.
you either have to re install everything in my build, or you have to install the ganons into your build.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
I, uh, don't know what that all means. Sorry; as I think I said a while back, I have the knowledge of a brick when it comes to this. I already have V1 of this, but just the OoT Ganon. I left the sword one alone. If that helps at all.

Last edited:

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Can someone get Sakurai to see this mod?

This is how Ganondorf should be!
Unfortunetley he doesn't seem to see eye to eye with us. It's evident through the characters, stages and items in Smash; most of them provide something to the gameplay without inherently being canon to the source material. Ganondorf plays the role of being the big-bad heavy weight that packs a punch with every attack, but is rather slow, and he has no coverups for this weakness. His jab is slow, tilts are slow, nothing to make him a viable character (main titles)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Unfortunatley he doesn't seem to see eye to eye with us. It's evident through the characters and items; most of them provide something to the gameplay without inherently being canon to the source material. Ganondorf plays the role of being the big-bad heavy weight that packs a punch with every attack, but is rather slow, and has no coverups for this weakness. His jab is slow, tilts are slow, nothing to make him a viable character (main titles)
You just described Bowser lol

Ganondorf is more like a "king of reads and disrespect" in Smash.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so to clarify (sorry for being useless), would I just be able to drop in OoT Ganon, put Lucario's proper files back in, and call it good, or would I need to do more?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Okay, so to clarify (sorry for being useless), would I just be able to drop in OoT Ganon, put Lucario's proper files back in, and call it good, or would I need to do more?
umm theres more to it. ur gona need to do some digging. im not skilled with brawlex yet

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Bah. Dangit. I really don't wanna go through the effort of reinserting all those costumes and music.
well with brawl ex ud just have to install my ganon mods into ur mod. otherwise, ya ud have to just re add everything

what costumes n stuff do u have?

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
well with brawl ex ud just have to install my ganon mods into ur mod. otherwise, ya ud have to just re add everything

what costumes n stuff do u have?
Well, wait, wait. All I have is the base 3.5, I think? Whatever the last official one was. Only changes being random costumes and music, and then putting in your OoT Ganon. I haven't made any other changes. I did the hackless version. Would I just be able to swap out the, uh, RSBE thing with the new one, as well as any new files, or would that not work?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Well, wait, wait. All I have is the base 3.5, I think? Whatever the last official one was. Only changes being random costumes and music, and then putting in your OoT Ganon. I haven't made any other changes. I did the hackless version. Would I just be able to swap out the, uh, RSBE thing with the new one, as well as any new files, or would that not work?
no you need all those files. but if u didnt change much, my build is the latest project m with the addition of my mods

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on trying to make a project kind of like yours except it's an entirely new character that doesn't have a PSA. Except I'm a complete newbie to making PSAs and I legitimately don't know where to start.

Did you have to do any model rigging first before moving on the BrawlBox/PSA? What tutorials did you watch for this if you used any?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
What would someone have to do to make other Ganondorf models compatible with the Ocarina moveset? I tried editing bones to make a model work for the previous version but that resulted in crashing.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
What would someone have to do to make other Ganondorf models compatible with the Ocarina moveset? I tried editing bones to make a model work for the previous version but that resulted in crashing.
Look at his bones. You need to delete a few of them.

Edit: also, you may need to shrink some of the textures. The filesizes are at their limits.

Last edited:

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Question: Why is there a PMganon, OOTganon and a Ganon folder i fighter? :) Can you choose between vanillia and swordmod?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Question: Why is there a PMganon, OOTganon and a Ganon folder i fighter? :) Can you choose between vanillia and swordmod?
Press L while choosing sword/fist ganon do find out :p

Also, press down on the d pad as you select a stage to start with the sword

Last edited:

YroPro

Smash Rookie
How would I go about installing this mod on the Dolphin version of PM? Just regular dolphin install and the copy some files over?

Edit: If so, which files and to where? I couldn't get the last release of your mod to work so I'm really hoping I can get this one to.

Also, my PM doesn't have an SFX folder. That was one of the steps I always got hung up on. And I've reinstalled it many times, never has a SFX folder.

Last edited:
Signed in for the first time in forever and noticed there was an update for this awesome mod, so I naturally immediately put 6 hours into playing it. Didn't freeze once, which is impressive with the things my buddies do. There were a couple issues with the down-b on OOTDorf, though- the 2nd player (if 1st as well is OOTDorf) tends to randomly stun with it (as with the charged Neutral-b + down) when used along with 1st's neutral-b elsewhere on screen, sometimes quite a while after. I could be just missing some knowledge on the new moveset too. Also, OOTDorf down-b (at ~150% dmg) skimming an OOTDorf Nair sends him off into the sky like a warpstar, which was freaking hilarious since i smashed someone on the way up. Overall a wonderful mod though, these are just a bit nit-picky. No issues with the other versions.

Is there a moveset or changelist somewhere that I missed?

Rialdospaldacht, you can simply insert your costumes from your old build into the new one by replacing the contents of the fighter folder (except the new ganon stuff) in the mod BGG gave out with the stuff from your old one. Music is just as simple, by just pasting your old brstm files from projectm-pf-sound-strm into the new one in the same location. This assumes BGG didn't change names of the other characters/maps files though, which he may have to clarify.

Love the work mate, this is awesome.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Signed in for the first time in forever and noticed there was an update for this awesome mod, so I naturally immediately put 6 hours into playing it. Didn't freeze once, which is impressive with the things my buddies do. There were a couple issues with the down-b on OOTDorf, though- the 2nd player (if 1st as well is OOTDorf) tends to randomly stun with it (as with the charged Neutral-b + down) when used along with 1st's neutral-b elsewhere on screen, sometimes quite a while after. I could be just missing some knowledge on the new moveset too. Also, OOTDorf down-b (at ~150% dmg) skimming an OOTDorf Nair sends him off into the sky like a warpstar, which was freaking hilarious since i smashed someone on the way up. Overall a wonderful mod though, these are just a bit nit-picky. No issues with the other versions.

Is there a moveset or changelist somewhere that I missed?

Rialdospaldacht, you can simply insert your costumes from your old build into the new one by replacing the contents of the fighter folder (except the new ganon stuff) in the mod BGG gave out with the stuff from your old one. Music is just as simple, by just pasting your old brstm files from projectm-pf-sound-strm into the new one in the same location. This assumes BGG didn't change names of the other characters/maps files though, which he may have to clarify.

Love the work mate, this is awesome.
Hey thanks for the feedback! I think i know how to fix the first thing.. Can you give me more information on that 2nd thing where he flys up into the air? can you figure out when that happens and how and can u also explain what exactly happens. Im not getting a full understanding of what ur saying with that lol

New glitch- textures for dark auras and the sword itself didn't load for normal spawning fist/swordorf. Happened immediately after vanilla Gan-dorf the white vs. red melle style fist/swordorf, and occurred during swordorf the white vs. blue twilight style dorf; all on final destination. sword was invisible, and most dark effects didn't appear, but lightning and sword trails were fine. no effect on gameplay other than aesthetics.Glitch is still persisting for all swordorfs in latter matches. It only seems to affect appearance though, we're having a bit of fun with it.

As well, giga-bowser cannot be selected as a character anymore, even before this glitch. Warioman is fine.

Hey thanks for the feedback! I think i know how to fix the first thing.. Can you give me more information on that 2nd thing where he flys up into the air? can you figure out when that happens and how and can u also explain what exactly happens. Im not getting a full understanding of what ur saying with that lol
I'll try to recreate it again, i'm not sure if it's actually a glith or just an interaction with the wind hitboxes. when one OOTDorf used down-b over another OOTDorf's Nair and misses, while still being affected by the windboxes, he flew up and away from the Nair in a curve much like the warpstar. he seemed to accellerate on the way up, and we had to wait ~45sec for him to fall back to the screen after the down-b animation finished. done on final destination. It happened twice in a match by fluke.

I actually liked this effect, where he goes zooming into the sky with his glowing yellow fist pointed down. It has a few strategic uses.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
New glitch- textures for dark auras and the sword itself didn't load for normal spawning fist/swordorf. Happened immediately after vanilla Gan-dorf the white vs. red melle style fist/swordorf, and occurred during swordorf the white vs. blue twilight style dorf; all on final destination. sword was invisible, and most dark effects didn't appear, but lightning and sword trails were fine. no effect on gameplay other than aesthetics.Glitch is still persisting for all swordorfs in latter matches. It only seems to affect appearance though, we're having a bit of fun with it.

As well, giga-bowser cannot be selected as a character anymore, even before this glitch. Warioman is fine.
i think this is something i just heard about from some others. this happens after sword and normal pm ganon are loaded together right?

i duno what the prblem with giga bowser is tho.. thats odd

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'll try to recreate it again, i'm not sure if it's actually a glith or just an interaction with the wind hitboxes. when one OOTDorf used down-b over another OOTDorf's Nair and misses, while still being affected by the windboxes, he flew up and away from the Nair in a curve much like the warpstar. he seemed to accellerate on the way up, and we had to wait ~45sec for him to fall back to the screen after the down-b animation finished. done on final destination. It happened twice in a match by fluke.

I actually liked this effect, where he goes zooming into the sky with his glowing yellow fist pointed down. It has a few strategic uses.
hm this might actually have to do with the way the momentum is coded.. and the wind boxes messed with the momentum codes. ill see if i can fix this too

Was there a changelist or moveset description anywhere? I might have missed it if there was.

Also, for Rialdospaldacht's problem, i forgot BGG added some new costumes in his files. Be sure not to replace all those folders, but just to merge them so those extras aren't deleted. Don't do the Dorf files, as they need a different format (i'm hearing filesize changes).

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Was there a changelist or moveset description anywhere? I might have missed it if there was.

Also, for Rialdospaldacht's problem, i forgot BGG added some new costumes in his files. Be sure not to replace all those folders, but just to merge them so those extras aren't deleted. Don't do the Dorf files, as they need a different format (i'm hearing filesize changes).
not yet i still gota post the changelist. i need some time to organize it cause i have lots going on.

not yet i still gota post the changelist. i need some time to organize it cause i have lots going on.
No problem mate, take your time. We're having quite a bit of fun figuring this stuff out through use.

As for that wind glitch, its proving difficult to recreate. We've noticed that an immediate down-b after being flung upwards tends to increase his time above the screen though, though we cant see a trajectory so its hard to tell why. It seems to have the same effect as the old floating toon link/sonic/ZSS down-air in brawl after (s)he's smacked. It could just be a unique trait to the attack style, and wouldn't bee too much of an issue if left in in my opinion.

The wind interaction seems to have been from random chance earlier.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Okay, well then, more than anything now, Ganon 2.0 is in PM 3.6? Where would I be able to find a changelist between that and 3.5?

Last edited:
Top Bottom