• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I fixed the crackles, slighty cleaned up the loop, and added a version that has the intro part of the 2nd song. It turned out the file itself was ever-so-slightly corrupted, and after I used a different YT converter the sound was fine.

You can go to my previous link as i've just updated the folder, but Here is the link regardless! :b:

Don't download the first file, that's the one with the crackles. I haven't tested out the new versions, but they will 99% work in the game because they have the same filesize as the 1st version (minus the one with the intro). I think I'm done modding for today. If anyone has time on their hands now, test it out for me and tell me how it went. Read me is in the folder if you need help with installing. Bye!

1. edit: sword down b does reduce near the end.

2. what was a 2HKO in 1.0?

3. thats strange about dr mario.. what ones are wrong?

4. also strange with pm ganon... ill see if i need to switch his psa or something.
EDIT - can u get me screenshots of these issues?
EDIT 2 - im testing this out and im not seeing what u mean
sorry, been off for a couple days. I should have clarified my last post a lot more.

1-Just a suggestion to do it a bit more, but people with stronger opinions or experience with this stuff may have better ideas for the swordorf down-b

2- OOTDorfs old Fair and Bair used to two shot due to the slight meteor, no idea how my buddy did it. Whatever you decide for it will be fine.

3-The only one tested was the red dr. mario was just a normal mario. I can do more thorough testing on costumes if you want a list.

4-Really should have clarified here. The glitch started in a match between two van-dorfs, where i noticed side-b hit twice with dark; once before and once after the grab. It hit for the entire time his hand was extended, even after the grab phase ended. The up-b as well, likely from the ending punch (except at startup too, it hit twice), as the damage output matched. Not real sure how it started, but it persisted through later matches with fist/van-dorf (not swordorf) until the system was shut off (next tried was fist vs vanilla). Tried to recreate it, but i cant seem to yet.

I do recall that i complained fistdorf had hitboxes outside of these grab moves when i versed a buddy the match before. Thought it might've been a secret added button input for your mod and wrote it off.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
sorry, been off for a couple days. I should have clarified my last post a lot more.

1-Just a suggestion to do it a bit more, but people with stronger opinions or experience with this stuff may have better ideas for the swordorf down-b

2- OOTDorfs old Fair and Bair used to two shot due to the slight meteor, no idea how my buddy did it. Whatever you decide for it will be fine.

3-The only one tested was the red dr. mario was just a normal mario. I can do more thorough testing on costumes if you want a list.

4-Really should have clarified here. The glitch started in a match between two van-dorfs, where i noticed side-b hit twice with dark; once before and once after the grab. It hit for the entire time his hand was extended, even after the grab phase ended. The up-b as well, likely from the ending punch (except at startup too, it hit twice), as the damage output matched. Not real sure how it started, but it persisted through later matches with fist/van-dorf (not swordorf) until the system was shut off (next tried was fist vs vanilla). Tried to recreate it, but i cant seem to yet.

I do recall that i complained fistdorf had hitboxes outside of these grab moves when i versed a buddy the match before. Thought it might've been a secret added button input for your mod and wrote it off.
2 - so are u saying i should bring that back? i know his fair and bair need a buff, i somehow over nerfed them. but what is your suggestion exactly?

4. its strange cause i tested this n had no problem.. lemi try having other ganondorfs loaded to see what happens

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys, i needs some playtesting done on oot ganons down b for 2 things:

1. try to figure out when (what causes) his momentum goes outa control, and sends him way up into the air off screen

2. in what cases does his neutral b charge carry over into another down b (when neutral b isnt even happening). Ie, when does the super down b happen after down b is charged, even when down b isnt performed OUT OF neutral b.

If anyone gets more info let me know!

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I thought of a logo that could be used for the css and sss and now i've finished the design. It looks like this:
ProjectGanonlogo.png

If there are any suggestions for improvements, just tell me them!

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Here's my thoughts on the PSA:
The Float needs to be buffed, or you could make a second jump.Peach and Mewtwo have second jumps AND a float. So either buff the time and/or speed of the float or give him a second jump.

The Bair and Fair trail on the ground ,giving them huge range. Have it stop on the ground or the distance of the trails be shortened.

Switch The F-tilt and the jab,its feels weird having the jab longer than the f-tilt

I'm not sure how to change it, but Dair really shouldn't have the forward range that it does,it doesn't really hit below ganon that much.

Using Ike as a base is a good idea, however lifting all his throws to ganon feels somewhat lazy and out of character for ganon. For F and B throw have him drag the opponent with his sword. All his throws should have a brutal and sadistic feel, like with every throw he is trying to kill the opponent, like his magic counterpart.

I really feel that Bruiser Ganon should just be PM 3.6 Ganon,the added stuff is nice, but is kinda of unnecessary. Usually someone goes Bruiser for two reasons, they want to play a normal, competitive ganon ,or disrespect. Kinda like saying "I don't these fancy new ganon's to defeat you!" As someone who loves playing PM ganon. It bums me out that I can't use him to his full potential. Really the features you gave him are kinda of nerfs. Without his old U-smash, his combo follow-ups are crippled, as the move does stay out as long or does that damage it used to, Also DACUS is useless, for the reasons prior mentioned. Float was great for mixups, recovery, and air game. Float was really the glue that held him together

Brawl Costume Manager breaks now and I can't change some things, such as Yoshi's char select thing(purple box) or Bowser's results CSS for slots past dry Bowser.

The stocks are outset Toon Link's, even though you have ones in the data

Some item's are broken,Dragoon, sword and Assist Trophy specially

Warp Star, Master and Crazy Hand sfx are broken.

All Dr. Mario slots just default to slot 0 Mario, still has pills, Bp and CSS ,just the model is broken.

Smash 3 Support please, please?

Overall, these are just suggestions. Take them with a grain of salt. Though the bugs are something that need to be dealt with.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
The Float needs to be buffed, or you could make a second jump.Peach and Mewtwo have second jumps AND a float. So either buff the time and/or speed of the float or give him a second jump.

The Bair and Fair trail on the ground ,giving them huge range. Have it stop on the ground or the distance of the trails be shortened.

Switch The F-tilt and the jab,its feels weird having the jab longer than the f-tilt

I'm not sure how to change it, but Dair really shouldn't have the forward range that it does,it doesn't really hit below ganon that much.

Using Ike as a base is a good idea, however lifting all his throws to ganon feels somewhat lazy and out of character for ganon. For F and B throw have him drag the opponent with his sword. All his throws should have a brutal and sadistic feel, like with every throw he is trying to kill the opponent, like his magic counterpart.

I really feel that Bruiser Ganon should just be PM 3.6 Ganon,the added stuff is nice, but is kinda of unnecessary. Usually someone goes Bruiser for two reasons, they want to play a normal, competitive ganon ,or disrespect. Kinda like saying "I don't these fancy new ganon's to defeat you!" As someone who loves playing PM ganon. It bums me out that I can't use him to his full potential. Really the features you gave him are kinda of nerfs. Without his old U-smash, his combo follow-ups are crippled, as the move does stay out as long or does that damage it used to, Also DACUS is useless, for the reasons prior mentioned. Float was great for mixups, recovery, and air game. Float was really the glue that held him together

Brawl Costume Manager breaks now and I can't change some things, such as Yoshi's char select thing(purple box) or Bowser's results CSS for slots past dry Bowser.

All Dr. Mario slots just default to slot 0 Mario, still has pills, Bp and CSS ,just the model is broken.

Overall, these are just suggestions. Take them with a grain of salt. Though the bugs are something that need to be dealt with.
im gona look into everything u mentioned

but for misc i have a few things to mention/ask:

i know items are broken. thats a fix for some time in the future
crazy hands sfx dont work cause oot ganon uses crazy hands sfx file

what do u mean about costume slots being broken with yoshi and dry bowser?

for toon links stock icons.. what do u mean? that wasnt clear

dr mario i fixed already

2 - so are u saying i should bring that back? i know his fair and bair need a buff, i somehow over nerfed them. but what is your suggestion exactly?

4. its strange cause i tested this n had no problem.. lemi try having other ganondorfs loaded to see what happens
2.I don't think it needs to be brought back as it was, but a bit stronger would work; somewhere in between. WEK had a good idea for shortening the trails on the ground a bit too.

4. It was very strange when it happened, I'm not real sure how it was caused. All i recall was only 2v2s with no items on final destination. We might just stumble upon a cause through use, but otherwise i'm not sure how to recreate it.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
2.I don't think it needs to be brought back as it was, but a bit stronger would work; somewhere in between. WEK had a good idea for shortening the trails on the ground a bit too.

4. It was very strange when it happened, I'm not real sure how it was caused. All i recall was only 2v2s with no items on final destination. We might just stumble upon a cause through use, but otherwise i'm not sure how to recreate it.
k cool! keep me posted :)

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman

IMO, don't use Brawl Costume Manager for such projects. It works best with vanilla P:M, and projects like these modify things a lot. Just replace CSS/SSS pictures manually using BBox from now on.

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
IMO, don't use Brawl Costume Manager for such projects. It works best with vanilla P:M, and projects like these modify things a lot. Just replace CSS/SSS pictures manually using BBox from now on.
Will do
im gona look into everything u mentioned for toon links stock icons.. what do u mean? that wasnt clear
The stocks that show up are just outset toon link's however when I check his Stock file, the correct ones are there.

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I've been following up on this mod for a while, and I have to say that it is beautifully well made. I have some questions in regards to the EX portion of the Project M Ganondorf version.

It seemed to include a lot of assets that belonged to the Waluigi mod, yet when I tried to put him in, the game would freeze before starting the match. Is there a particular reason why this happens? In any case, would I have to re-enter his files? Also, I'd love to know how the victory theme was incorporated into the game. I understand that here was a brres file that did not have a matching ID with the other songs, but did you use the Custom Victory theme code by any chance?

Overall, Project Ganondorf has become one of my all-time favorite mods, and my friends love it as well. Thank you for taking the time and effort into creating this masterpiece project.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Wait, did you use the PM+brawlex build to make this? If so, is it possible to add clones using the same method that the PM+brawlex build uses? I want to see young link kill ganondorf before the 7-year gap, and destroy the entire timeline. Y'know, for laughs. :laugh: I saw the Project Ganondorf build had the glitchy selcharacter.pac with waluigi's portraits so that's why i'm asking these questions.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

sooooo ummm... i dont know what ur talking about toon link man.. i just tested it and its totally fine. please espain yoself

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I FOUND A MAJOR ISSUE ABOUT THIS MOD!!! :crazy:

IT HAS WAAAAAAY TOO MUCH AWESOME FOR ME TO HANDLE!!! :troll:

But seriously, the more I play OoT Ganon, the more I love it! Amazing job, dude!

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I love how these mods are so good, it won't be easy to install your custom stuff with them.

sealedinterface

Smash Rookie
NNID
einsteinsci
I can't seem to get this working on Dolphin. The Homebrew download has a weird folder structure that doesn't have any gameconfig.txt in the root and a bunch of BrawlEx files. There's no readme or similar file anywhere in the entire archive. When I try to load it in dolphin via sd.raw, it can't load and gives me this error message:

Codes Error: Too Many Codes
7834 Lines Found, 424 Lines Allowed

This happens regardless of if I use VBI or AXNextFrame. A screenshot of the root folder structure is below.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I heard that BrawlBuilder (:linkmelee: here) doesn't run or has glitches with any mods that use BrawlEx, so that may be the problem that WEK-Sector Pirate WEK-Sector Pirate is having. I'm not sure if anyone is actually using BrawlBuilder to make their iso files, but still, it's something to consider.

Last edited:

sealedinterface

Smash Rookie
NNID
einsteinsci
I can't seem to get this working on Dolphin. The Homebrew download has a weird folder structure that doesn't have any gameconfig.txt in the root and a bunch of BrawlEx files. There's no readme or similar file anywhere in the entire archive. When I try to load it in dolphin via sd.raw, it can't load and gives me this error message:

Codes Error: Too Many Codes
7834 Lines Found, 424 Lines Allowed

This happens regardless of if I use VBI or AXNextFrame. A screenshot of the root folder structure is below.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Still no luck with getting this to work. I'm not sure if the reason my post is ignored is because it's a FAQ or if nobody actually knows, but if it is an FAQ, I can't find an answer anywhere on the internet.

Again,
There's no readme or similar file anywhere in the entire archive,
so if it's answered there, could someone link me to the 2.0 readme? The instructions in Project Ganondorf 1.0 didn't work, probably because of BrawlEx.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Still no luck with getting this to work. I'm not sure if the reason my post is ignored is because it's a FAQ or if nobody actually knows, but if it is an FAQ, I can't find an answer anywhere on the internet.

Again,

so if it's answered there, could someone link me to the 2.0 readme? The instructions in Project Ganondorf 1.0 didn't work, probably because of BrawlEx.
You need the gameconfig.txt...
https://www.mediafire.com/?40k749752clwh35
Throw this in the root of your SD and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
I heard that BrawlBuilder (:linkmelee: here) doesn't run or has glitches with any mods that use BrawlEx, so that may be the problem that WEK-Sector Pirate WEK-Sector Pirate is having. I'm not sure if anyone is actually using BrawlBuilder to make their iso files, but still, it's something to consider.
I've actually never heard of that before, so idk what causing the problem. I've checked internally to see if everyting was correct and that seemed to be the case. I'm at a loss really.

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Another thing, Bowser has 3 extra costume slots that crash after going to the results screen. They work just fine but just seem to not work fully. I replaced the gct so idk what happened.

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo's up special makes him helpless, Ganon's does not.

So, Ganondorf getting a double jump AND an upB that doesn't make him helpless would be a pretty ridiculous recovery.
It would be, didn't think of that. However I think from a design standpoint its really weird seeing an inconsistency like that. Perhaps up special should make him helpless. idk if there was any intention to make fit with the rest of the cast, so I'm not sure if that would be a necessary change if that is not his intention.

Top Bottom