• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Is it supposed to do Lucario's sound effect on the Wii Remote when you pick OoT Ganon on the character select screen or is it just an oversight?

Strange Matter

Smash Rookie
Trying to add the two Ganondorfs to my custom build but I'm having a really minor problem with OOT Ganon. Whenever his attacks are supposed to make that heavy electric noise (i.e. getting hit by Barinade's lightning) it instead makes a Mario coin noise. And that's even with using all of the sawnd files included in the download. I see that it's in 222.sawnd replacing the "Game Over" sound, but I can't get it to play in-game. What exactly controls that particular sound?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Trying to add the two Ganondorfs to my custom build but I'm having a really minor problem with OOT Ganon. Whenever his attacks are supposed to make that heavy electric noise (i.e. getting hit by Barinade's lightning) it instead makes a Mario coin noise. And that's even with using all of the sawnd files included in the download. I see that it's in 222.sawnd replacing the "Game Over" sound, but I can't get it to play in-game. What exactly controls that particular sound?
add this to the gct 04AD7324 00002000

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
So you've gone from Project Ganondorf™ being installed manually into a build to it being the build itself? I guess it makes it easier to start a clean build because there's no room for error.

On a sidenote, OOT Ganondorf™ is definitely harder for me to play than TP Ganondorf™. Maybe it's because of the floating mechanics or because I main Roy but the flying seems a bit overwhelming since I have so many things to consider (how much time you have left in the air, not getting attacked while floating, etc.). Maybe i'm just not cut out for that kind of playstyle. Again, I love the direction Project Ganondorf™ is going but I hope that OOT Ganondorf™ can be... i guess... "simplified" in much later versions. But keep the down taunt. :p PLEASE.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Funnily enough, my opinion is opposite to Jman's; I'm having a much tougher time with TP Ganondorf while OoT Ganondorf just feels so right.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Question: is it ok to replace the SFX of the characters other than oot ganon?. I heard you fixed the electric sounds so i'm wondering if the sfx files have something to do with that fix.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
You can replace any sawnd except 7, 125, 222 and 329 (I think it's 329). and within those sawnds u can replace sfx, as long as none of them are ganon's

And u should be able to replace costumes normally

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
You can replace any sawnd except 7, 125, 222 and 329 (I think it's 329). and within those sawnds u can replace sfx, as long as none of them are ganon's

And u should be able to replace costumes normally
Mario's SFX is 8 so i can replace it with the one if found

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
hey so guys, ive had a couple things pointed out to me, and i'd like more feedback on these things.. also if anyone else has any suggestions to improve balancing that would be helpful!

OOT Ganon:

B-air - Too weak (even at "sweetspot" located closer to his body
F-air - Too weak at sweetspot (located farthest from his body)
Catch - startup is still too long

Sword Ganon:

Jab - hitboxes too big
Down b - covers too much distance
- also should not allow ganon to go off an edge because this makes it too good at edge guarding
Side b (air) - should have longer endlag OR should only be executed once in air.

so far thats the feedback i've heard. let me know what u guys think about these things, and if you agree they should be changed!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
One more note i got:

too easy to kill enemies with sword ganon by doing a back throw and then using side b to attack off stage

thoughts on this as well?

Found a few more. some of Mario's Dr. costumes give the normal ones in play. Vanilla Ganon has a few new dark impact hitboxes before the grabs of side-b and up-b, and as well has hitstun effects(both players pause momentarily) when hitting/hit by an attack while dodging (along with fist/swordorf).

I'd have to agree with those ootdorf balance changes though, as long as it doesn't end up like the 2HKO like from ver.1.0. Sword down-b may be reduced a bit too, or could just have the hit die off at the end. Never tried the side-b much in the air though.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Found a few more. some of Mario's Dr. costumes give the normal ones in play. Vanilla Ganon has a few new dark impact hitboxes before the grabs of side-b and up-b, and as well has hitstun effects(both players pause momentarily) when hitting/hit by an attack while dodging (along with fist/swordorf).

I'd have to agree with those ootdorf balance changes though, as long as it doesn't end up like the 2HKO like from ver.1.0. Sword down-b may be reduced a bit too, or could just have the hit die off at the end. Never tried the side-b much in the air though.
1. edit: sword down b does reduce near the end.

2. what was a 2HKO in 1.0?

3. thats strange about dr mario.. what ones are wrong?

4. also strange with pm ganon... ill see if i need to switch his psa or something.
EDIT - can u get me screenshots of these issues?
EDIT 2 - im testing this out and im not seeing what u mean

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
This is more of a personal feedback but i hate his uair, it feels more like there are 2 nairs instead of what it should be

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
This is more of a personal feedback but i hate his uair, it feels more like there are 2 nairs instead of what it should be
Well uair shoots him upward into the air before he attacks. whereas if it were a nair he would just attack without that upward momentum

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I just made a brstm for ootganon's victory theme that makes it loop. Basically it plays the song you hear in ganon's tower on loop after the regular fanfare. I'm testing it in a few minutes, and if it works, would you want to use it as an optional fanfare choice for people who want a personalized theme for each character?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I just made a brstm for ootganon's victory theme that makes it loop. Basically it plays the song you hear in ganon's tower on loop after the regular fanfare. I'm testing it in a few minutes, and if it works, would you want to use it as an optional fanfare choice for people who want a personalized theme for each character?
Optional? Screw that! Make it official!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
sure!

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I tested the victory theme and it works very well, except for the few cracks now and then. Also, the volume is closer to the other victory themes in the game.

Here it is! :)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I tested the victory theme and it works very well, except for the few cracks now and then. Also, the volume is closer to the other victory themes in the game.

Here it is! :)
sweet thanks!

oh what cracks are there? are they fixable?

EDIT: also, i just listened to it. it may need a bit more fixing up before i include it. when the ganon tower theme starts its a bit funky, like theres an extra note in there that shouldnt be

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
sweet thanks!

oh what cracks are there? are they fixable?

EDIT: also, i just listened to it. it may need a bit more fixing up before i include it. when the ganon tower theme starts its a bit funky, like theres an extra note in there that shouldnt be
Yeah i have to make the filesize smaller which should fix the cracks.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
ah ok. can u see if you can fix that stuff? the cracks, and also if you could time the first (frame?) of music so that one faint note isnt played?

Top Bottom