• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey everyone. So I know this could be a bit late on the draw, but just throwing out a hail mary to get some trending going if possible. I posted some tweets about decloning ganondorf with an alternate moveset as DLC for smash ultimate. If anyone is interested in voting in my poll or doing any sharing to get things trending - hers a link
https://twitter.com/BronzeGreekGod

READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS OR MAKING REQUESTS!

1. I can't merge the movesets! This is not possible due to filesize issues! I also personally believe the two movesets belong separate, TP/sword Ganondorf is a completely different incarnation from OOT/mage Ganon.

2. I CANT MERGE THE MOVESETS!

3. Refer back to 1 and 2

4. If you are using a custom build and don't want to use my GCT, all you need to do is insert this code in the GCT you are using: 04AD8A64 00000142

5. OOT Ganon will eventually have his own slot. Lucario will be brought back

6. Read the README in my download before posting here! If you haven't read it, you will likely ask questions that have already be answered.

Future of Project Ganondorf:

Hey gang, so I'm looking into the future of Project Ganondorf, and though I know I'm gona keep working at it to polish and balance everything, there are certain limitations I have due to lack of skill in those areas. So I'm going to put this out there to see if anyone is willing to help/knows anyone who would b up for it.

I need help with the following things so that I can perfect P:G to be as professional as possible:

1. An animator. Most of my animations either originated from the original game, or someone made them for me. Right now I don't have a consistent animator to help me out, so i need that to polish a number of animations, and perhaps even make some new ones.

2. A model and rigging expert. I thought I had someone that was going to help with this, but unfortunately that seems to have fallen through. I need someone who can polish some of the models I'm currently using, and also who can create something new from scratch/or by using a low poly model I have.

3. A hex coder (someone who can edit rel's, gct's and those kinds of tricky things) - For this I think I should have some help, but the person helping me out is rather busy, so I'm not sure how long it will take him to get around to helping. ALSO since he is busy I don't want to overload him wit more work if he cant take it on!

That is about it. If anyone wants to join the team, let me know. I could really use some help with this stuff!

Thanks all

- BGG

Trailer

Update 1

Announcement Trailer at A&C

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Man... Some of those animations really need to be touched up if not just redone.

Mind if I make a few animations for the mod? I'll probably stream them along with whatever else I'll be streaming on friday.

Good work nonetheless

Last edited:

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
I am so impressed with your work on Ganondorf!!! The trailer has me hyped and I honestly didn't think it was going to look this polished. And the throwbacks to the games are so well done.

I watched the first 6 minutes and didn't see any issues with the animations also. Once again, great job. I'm looking forward to the release of the final version.

Last edited:

Dark-Samus-Lives

Smash Journeyman
Man... Some of those animations really need to be touched up if not just redone.

Mind if I make a few animations for the mod? I'll probably stream them along with whatever else I'll be streaming on friday.

Good work nonetheless
I honestly don't see an issue with any of the animations... I don't doubt you but which ones look most problematic?

And I watched the ending with the classic OoT orb attack... I've been waiting for a Ganondorf Mod to do this. Excellent job on the graphics and hitboxes. It's so aesthetic.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I honestly don't see an issue with any of the animations... I don't doubt you but which ones look most problematic?

And I watched the ending with the classic OoT orb attack... I've been waiting for a Ganondorf Mod to do this. Excellent job on the graphics and hitboxes. It's so aesthetic.
Maybe to your untrained eye, but a lot of transitions and animations looked very sloppy. I used to have an old copy of the moveset when I was helping with some stuff and there were some animations that definitely need tweaking.

The animations don't need to look PERFECT (you're looking at a small model from a big distance), but if someone can notice those imperfections, it's usually best to smoothen them out.

TvT

Smash Cadet
So condescending. So cold.
So smooth. The ladies love him. The lads fear him.

Sweet work on the Project, BronzeGreekGod.

To anyone reading this: whether or not you think this sort of thing would be fair or viable, watch the video for the ideas, especially the "Warlock" moveset.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
So condescending. So cold.
But so delicious. Like ice cream.
Wait...

I personally don't like the taunt-switching moveset because it doesn't feel authentic in PM or Brawl, but that's just a personal gripe.
I have Ganondorf set up in maya for animating. Going to watch the video again and write down animations I wanna work on .

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Keep it coming :)

I hope to get this mod out there soon. Shouldn't be tooo long now that i have someone offering sfx help!

The first release is going to have a pretty polished moveset - that is what my main focus has been. It can use work and balancing I'm sure, but that's where you guys come in!

Some of the setbacks I'm facing right now before release, and also some of the "problems" that the mods will have when you guys do download them are:

1. as i mentioned i need to get my sfx straight. That is all i need to do before release at this point unless something else daunting pops up.

2. both mods wont work with items. They can pick up and throw light items like bananas or capsules, but other items will cause T-pose and/or cause game freezing. I personally dont play with items, so to save filesize I got rid of a lot of the item animations. In the future I hope to be able to re-incorporate items, but I cant promise a time for when. It will be a lot of work.. and I could use help on that.

3. I want to have some updates done on some of the ganondorf models - but these improvements will be entirely up to 500yearoldgrandpa and his schedule.

4. Some of the model textures have been reduced in size to save on filesize. The game was freezing using the full sized textures. I'm hoping to eventually improve these a bit, but this will be down the road.

5. Soon after release this will be dealt with... unless i can come up with an awesome solution when i get help on the sfx! So because of the need for a specific sfx for his orb hitboxes, im going to need to replace one of the sfx that hitbox flags call on. Because of this, any character that uses that specific sfx is going to be using ganondorfs orb sfx. So what i need to do eventually is change the sfx flags in each character that uses that sfx to another sfx that is similar. I duno if that made sense.. lol. Conversely, if i can get help from a wizard, i could create an entirely new sfx flag for hitboxes.. buttt i duno how likely that is!

That's about it.. Keep your eyes on my Blog for updates! I'll let you know when the downloads are up and ready :)

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Keep it coming :)

I hope to get this mod out there soon. Shouldn't be tooo long now that i have someone offering sfx help!

The first release is going to have a pretty polished moveset - that is what my main focus has been. It can use work and balancing I'm sure, but that's where you guys come in!

Some of the setbacks I'm facing right now before release, and also some of the "problems" that the mods will have when you guys do download them are:

1. as i mentioned i need to get my sfx straight. That is all i need to do before release at this point unless something else daunting pops up.

2. both mods wont work with items. They can pick up and throw light items like bananas or capsules, but other items will cause T-pose and/or cause game freezing. I personally dont play with items, so to save filesize I got rid of a lot of the item animations. In the future I hope to be able to re-incorporate items, but I cant promise a time for when. It will be a lot of work.. and I could use help on that.

3. I want to have some updates done on some of the ganondorf models - but these improvements will be entirely up to 500yearoldgrandpa and his schedule.

4. Some of the model textures have been reduced in size to save on filesize. The game was freezing using the full sized textures. I'm hoping to eventually improve these a bit, but this will be down the road.

5. Soon after release this will be dealt with... unless i can come up with an awesome solution when i get help on the sfx! So because of the need for a specific sfx for his orb hitboxes, im going to need to replace one of the sfx that hitbox flags call on. Because of this, any character that uses that specific sfx is going to be using ganondorfs orb sfx. So what i need to do eventually is change the sfx flags in each character that uses that sfx to another sfx that is similar. I duno if that made sense.. lol. Conversely, if i can get help from a wizard, i could create an entirely new sfx flag for hitboxes.. buttt i duno how likely that is!

That's about it.. Keep your eyes on my Blog for updates! I'll let you know when the downloads are up and ready :)
Putting my 2 cents in: Why not have OoT Ganon use TP Ganon's Voice? Plus I think Mewtwo's shadow ball sound is "evil" enough for the orb attack, but that's just me. :p

Hyped for this like everyone else!

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Putting my 2 cents in: Why not have OoT Ganon use TP Ganon's Voice? Plus I think Mewtwo's shadow ball sound is "evil" enough for the orb attack, but that's just me. :p

Hyped for this like everyone else!
Well the voice isnt the problem lol.

And I'm trying to make it as authentic as possible. I want the experience to feel like its supposed to.. Like what sakurai should have done in the first place.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Well the voice isnt the problem lol.

And I'm trying to make it as authentic as possible. I want the experience to feel like its supposed to.. Like what sakurai should have done in the first place.
What about a compromise? A sfx friendly version that makes use of sfx already present in PM and another that goes all out in the sfx department. And if a wizard ports the authentic sfx in ganon's soundbank while keeping TP Ganon's sfx, make that default.

Last edited:

BeyondBDS

Smash Cadet
So you said voice stuff is still a WIP, but something worth pointing out is the inconsistency in pitch for the OoT/Melee voice clips. Those from OoT are noticeably deeper than those from Melee.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So you said voice stuff is still a WIP, but something worth pointing out is the inconsistency in pitch for the OoT/Melee voice clips. Those from OoT are noticeably deeper than those from Melee.
True.. but couldnt he just be making a deeper sound with his voice sometimes vs other times? lol
like depending on the power of the attack the pitch of his vice could be higher or lower no?

Or is it wayyy off?

BeyondBDS

Smash Cadet
True.. but couldnt he just be making a deeper sound with his voice sometimes vs other times? lol
like depending on the power of the attack the pitch of his vice could be higher or lower no?

Or is it wayyy off?
It does seem off, especially when you see that Melee 'Dorf's voice reuses some OoT voice clips, but pitched up (for example, his yell/snarl during the Warlock punch is the same sound he makes in OoT right before you fight him when he throws waves of darkness at you, but pitched up ~25%).

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
ohhh are you talking about the sfx when compared in oot vs my mod?

ya someee sfx needed to be sacrificed. its hard to get everything in there. perhaps I'll try and get that sfx in there as well though.

BeyondBDS

Smash Cadet
ohhh are you talking about the sfx when compared in oot vs my mod?

ya someee sfx needed to be sacrificed. its hard to get everything in there. perhaps I'll try and get that sfx in there as well though.
My point is that it's jarring to hear such deep OoT voice clips right after/before hearing higher Melee clips. If possible, either pitch Melee-sourced voice clips down (8-25% or so should do depending on the clip), or pitch up OoT-sourced voice clips.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
My point is that it's jarring to hear such deep OoT voice clips right after/before hearing higher Melee clips. If possible, either pitch Melee-sourced voice clips down (8-25% or so should do depending on the clip), or pitch up OoT-sourced voice clips.
hm ok. i'll see if i can work on the pitches. that could even help with filesize.

but what ones are actually jarring? cause im not even using that specific oot sfx lol
i feel like the ones i chose to use match fairlyy well (of course i could be wrong thats why im asking for more specific feedback)

Last edited:

BeyondBDS

Smash Cadet
hm ok. i'll see if i can work on the pitches. that could even help with filesize.

but what ones are actually jarring? cause im not even using that specific oot sfx lol
a feel like the ones i chose to use match fairlyy well
I was only using the Warlock Punch/Dark Wave sound as an example to illustrate that Melee and OoT Ganondorf have differently-pitched voices.

To use an example specifically from your trailer, this is one of a few instances of clashing voice pitches: first, the higher Melee "tch" followed right after by a very deep, booming "hiyah!" from OoT.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I was only using the Warlock Punch/Dark Wave sound as an example to illustrate that Melee and OoT Ganondorf have differently-pitched voices.

To use an example specifically from your trailer, this is one of a few instances of clashing voice pitches: first, the higher Melee "tch" followed right after by a very deep, booming "hiyah!" from OoT.

thats noticable eh? perhaps i just got used to it. I'll look into editing the pitches

Can i ask everyone else to give some more feedback on this issue? Not to disregard BeyondBDS' point, but just to make sure its not something that just needs getting used to (cause we're used to melee and oot sfx being separate) vs something that just sounds straight up bad.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
thats noticable eh? perhaps i just got used to it. I'll look into editing the pitches

Can i ask everyone else to give some more feedback on this issue? Not to disregard BeyondBDS' point, but just to make sure its not something that just needs getting used to (cause we're used to melee and oot sfx being separate) vs something that just sounds straight up bad.
Well, honestly, it already sounds straight up bad. You have two styles of voice clashing with one another. You'll have to either change the OoT voice clips to match the way the Melee voice sounds, or the other way around.

Even if people are used to the two sets of SFX being separate, we all still know there's a big difference in the way they sound.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
In the odd chance that someone wants something different than the sword, I'm gonna probably make this a separate DL after BGG releases Ganondorf. I might make an animation for it.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
In the odd chance that someone wants something different than the sword, I'm gonna probably make this a separate DL after BGG releases Ganondorf. I might make an animation for it.

YES PLEASE! :)
The forest temple had an awesome first boss!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

That looks good! With a trident his moveset may need some tweaking though! Not sure how much sense his attacks would make the way they are now lol

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Well, honestly, it already sounds straight up bad. You have two styles of voice clashing with one another. You'll have to either change the OoT voice clips to match the way the Melee voice sounds, or the other way around.

Even if people are used to the two sets of SFX being separate, we all still know there's a big difference in the way they sound.
K i'll see if I can get help with this! I'll try n get it fixed up before release

drogoth232

Smash Lord
That looks good! With a trident his moveset may need some tweaking though! Not sure how much sense his attacks would make the way they are now lol
Its more for the down air and how its based off phantom ganons electric attack and then the move for sword ganon where he throws the sword. I could make the animation for the fair and probably code it too if you got tired of it lol

Don't plan on making a whole moveset around it lol

If BGG wants, I could make it a complete replacement for the sword. But as he said , some moves won't make sense.

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
I WANT OOT GANONDORF!!!

So hyped for this, I always wanted a Ganondorf PSA capable of throwing the Magic Orb.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Oh something that I just remembered. Currently there are 3. things I need help with in coding the orb (if possible).

1. The most important thing is the direction it currently moves when reflected. No matter what it will always moves at a downward angle. If there can be any hex magic done to it, I'd like it to be reflected back in the direction it came from. Basically I want not only the y axis flipped\, but also the x axis (I think that's right I always mix x and y up lol).

2. Next i'd also like to make it so the orb is stronger and faster each time it's reflected.

3. And one more thing.. this may be impossible to code.. but in a perfect world, the orb could be reflected by any attack, and furthermore it's direction would be altered by the hitbox' trajectory settings (so the orb could travel in any direction theoretically)

Any wizards out there that could make any of this happen?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Two should already be possible. Idk if pm is coded the same way that melee is when it cones to perfect shielding, but perfect shielding reduces the damage of a projectile while things like Fox's reflector increase it's damage.

If its a projectile, only characters that have defensive collisions can reflect.

Idk.about the first one.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
from what ive seen with perfect shielding in brawl/P:M, the projectiles end up losing their hitboxes even though they are "reflected" (except when reflected straight back).. unless thats been fixed since i last used a perfect shield lol.

I dont think projectiles speed up when reflected though.. maybe they do, but i havent noticed that much cause they dont last that long.. i remember back in the n64 days you could have a long assed tennis match.

I know 3 is very unlikely, but who knows with some wizard coding what can be done.

I feel like 1 is more possible cause its just an axis flip that needs to be edited. But someone really good at hexing would be needed for that as well.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
from what ive seen with perfect shielding in brawl/P:M, the projectiles end up losing their hitboxes even though they are "reflected" (except when reflected straight back).. unless thats been fixed since i last used a perfect shield lol.

I dont think projectiles speed up when reflected though.. maybe they do, but i havent noticed that much cause they dont last that long.. i remember back in the n64 days you could have a long ***** tennis match.

I know 3 is very unlikely, but who knows with some wizard coding what can be done.

I feel like 1 is more possible cause its just an axis flip that needs to be edited. But someone really good at hexing would be needed for that as well.
Well that's disappointing.

Then I guess they just have increased damage.

I can ask someone if they know, I'll tell you when I get an answer

Maybe it's the angle that it's being reflected at? Or does it always just go straight down?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So I've edited the parameters of the aura sphere to travel at a downwards angle. That is the reason it travels that way. Unfortunately when reflecting, it only flips the horizontal axis, not the vertical, so it continues traveling downward. Does that make sense?

Pizza_Prez

Smash Rookie
Man your ganondorf is rad! On the sfx topic, I'd suggest just being able to choose between melee and brawl's dorf voices entirely instead of trying to incorportate both into one file.

Some people like the brawl voice better and others prefer melee's but I don't think they would sound great side-by-side. Personally, I'd prefer to have melee dorf across the board! I think it'd be way easier on you too to keep them separate.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
So I've edited the parameters of the aura sphere to travel at a downwards angle. That is the reason it travels that way. Unfortunately when reflecting, it only flips the horizontal axis, not the vertical, so it continues traveling downward. Does that make sense?
Ooooh, that makes much more sense. Tbh I'm surprised its interacting like that. Usually they go back the same way they were fired at the reflector.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Man your ganondorf is rad! On the sfx topic, I'd suggest just being able to choose between melee and brawl's dorf voices entirely instead of trying to incorportate both into one file.

Some people like the brawl voice better and others prefer melee's but I don't think they would sound great side-by-side. Personally, I'd prefer to have melee dorf across the board! I think it'd be way easier on you too to keep them separate.
Oh so u may be slightly confused :p
I'm not using a mixture of brawl and melee gdorf voice clips. I'm using Melee and OOT voice clips

I'm definitely keeping the OOT and Melee clips in there, I just have to try and get help editing the pitch and stuff to make them sound more similar/less jarring.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Ooooh, that makes much more sense. Tbh I'm surprised its interacting like that. Usually they go back the same way they were fired at the reflector.
Right, but the aura sphere probably isnt coded to react that way cause it was never meant to move at an angle (even though in its parameters is even has a firing angle option lol). There has to be something in the REL that can fix it though!

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I was expecting the sword moves but the magic moveset... that was hype. Good job on this and good job to everyone who is making this possible. i better get my SD card ready.

Top Bottom