• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Hang on a sec. I switched the link after we spoke, so i'm not sure why it's still up like that. It's possible that it didn't properly update. I'll check it tonight again to see what the problem is.
If that were the case, I would have assumed you would have updated the blog page to remove the stuff about the link being an ad.fly link.

Though this doesn't seem to be the case, as we've had our discussions about this back in October. You had over 3 months to make that change. This would be believable if we had the discussion like a week ago, but it's been much longer than that.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I'll give you 2 days to resolve the issue. If you can resolve the issue and be genuine this won't happen again, then I'll help you again. If not, then from here on out, I'll be ignoring you.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
If that were the case, I would have assumed you would have updated the blog page to remove the stuff about the link being an ad.fly link.

Though this doesn't seem to be the case, as we've had our discussions about this back in October. You had over 3 months to make that change. This would be believable if we had the discussion like a week ago, but it's been much longer than that.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, so I'll give you 2 days to resolve the issue. If you can resolve the issue and be genuine this won't happen again, then I'll help you again. If not, then from here on out, I'll be ignoring you.
It'll be down tonight when I get home.
The thing is I did take it down, but I didn't really check that blog post since then, so I must have made a mistake. But ya don't worry it'll be down.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Well for the donations portion, i wouldn't ask for money for something minor/if i'm helping someone out. But if anyone has some big character request that I feel I can take on, I may need to put a lot of time aside for it, and i'd treat it as a job. I had to donate to someone to get project ganondorf off its feet in the first place, and ive seen many people around the community who do take donations to help others. KJP even gave me the ok on that, so I really didn't think of it as being problematic, and I don't see where the "bull***t" is for that.

So you will be making money off of a mod (with is 100% illegal, btw).

What happens to the person that created the tools to make the mod? Will they get money from said donation? I bet that you didn't think about that before.

What projects take donations in the Brawl modding community? I know that BlackJax did for making BBox, but that was his code and his program that he made, and it wasn't a commission or anything.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So you will be making money off of a mod (with is 100% illegal, btw).

What happens to the person that created the tools to make the mod? Will they get money from said donation? I bet that you didn't think about that before.

What projects take donations in the Brawl modding community? I know that BlackJax did for making BBox, but that was his code and his program that he made, and it wasn't a commission or anything.
I don't know what specific projects took donations. But I can tell you people have asked for donations. As I said I donated to someone to help get project ganondorf going, and others have asked for donations as well - but I happened to figure out solutions on my own before needing to go that far. Though I would donate again any time if it came down to that. I appreciate the fact that people put time into modding especially if it's a large project, so if donations help get things moving, I'm all for it.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
One thing i'd like to add is that though any other skilled modder could have made this mod, no one else did. This was a project I started, paid to get started, and am seeing through to the end. I do appreciate all the help I've received, but no one else is dedicating all their time and energy into it.

Also about making money off a mod being illegal, people use adfly (and many other sites) to make money off anything they post (things they didn't work on themselves at all). People use adfly to post tv shows on putlocker and other mediums for example without any legal recourse. So that was my original justification for using adfly as well.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
If you paid someone to start this, then you got ripped off. Sorry dude.

Modding is something to do in your free time for fun. Its a hobby. Money should not be involved, ever. Its not right, and it never will be.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
If you paid someone to start this, then you got ripped off. Sorry dude.

Modding is something to do in your free time for fun. Its a hobby. Money should not be involved, ever. Its not right, and it never will be.
Well f*** me then. I mean I needed help, so I paid someone. No one else was helping me at that time so that's what needed to be done. If someone doesn't wana do something then what else is one supposed to do?

But also, I don't get it, I've literally seen donate buttons for brawdding all over the place

Cahalan

Smash Ace
But also, I don't get it, I've literally seen donate buttons for brawdding all over the place
Could've been that loop hole I've seen being used more often:

It's not necessarily specific to that person's Brawl Modding "career" but more or less as a General donation to a "Broad" aspect.
Take the SMBZ Reboot for example: Mark originally had is patreon specifically for that series but after Star Fox the Animated series got a Copy Right Strike on YouTube from the Big N, he changed it for funding toward general sprite animation and not specifically SMBZ.

Now I don't know how that loophole fares in the legal swamp known as Brawl Modding, but if you really, really want to keep donations, make the person donate to you for something other than: brawl modding or anything that attract the big N in this case.

So I would recommend putting donations toward:
recording equipment (mod footage)
a stronger pc/laptop (for use of dolphin)
a 3ds max copy (finally buy it legit instead of... other methods)
a sony vegas copy (Editing said footage and again, finally get it legit instead of___)
back up wii console (you never know)
extra GC Controllers (again, you never know, plus some AT practice once you get there)

Last edited:

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Monetize your personal work all you want. You and you alone will face the consequences.

Don't monetize when your collaborators specifically ask you not to. Pretty simple.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I can confirm that OoT Ganon's Up Smash can cause the gane to crash at random (mostly when the opponent is in their Special Fall State near OoT Ganon)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I can confirm that OoT Ganon's Up Smash can cause the gane to crash at random (mostly when the opponent is in their Special Fall State near OoT Ganon)
Hm interesting. Why the hell would that happen. I have seen the random freeze but I can't really figure out why.

D

Deleted member

What exactly does the code in the OP do? Because I only want Sword Ganon in My custom build.

D

Deleted member

This is my situation now:
I placed the FitGanon.pac and the module in, when I go to try it out, he constantly T-poses, and then it freezes. Keep in mind that I did NOT use the costumes provided in the Project Ganondorf download, I used Smash 3C OoT Ganon. Do I HAVE to use those provided skins?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
This is my situation now:
I placed the FitGanon.pac and the module in, when I go to try it out, he constantly T-poses, and then it freezes. Keep in mind that I did NOT use the costumes provided in the Project Ganondorf download, I used Smash 3C OoT Ganon. Do I HAVE to use those provided skins?
Ya u need to use the skins I provided

D

Deleted member

AAAAAHHHHHHHGGGGGG. I guess I'll just split my build into PG and non-PG.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
If you're using sword ganon, the issue would just be filesize. So u could shrink ur textures till you don't get a freeze.

But actually, now that I think of it, you said he t poses.. im not sure why that is, unless you installed something incorrectly.

Oot ganon has different bones, so that would make more sense as being an issue for him, but not for tp ganon

Hell2U

Smash Rookie
I've been playing, and I've noticed something.
I've only been able to get OoT Ganon's sound files to work when I'm fighting Master Hand.
Anything else has no sound, period.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a certain thing I have to do extra, or should I re-apply it?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I've been playing, and I've noticed something.
I've only been able to get OoT Ganon's sound files to work when I'm fighting Master Hand.
Anything else has no sound, period.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a certain thing I have to do extra, or should I re-apply it?
read op

El Homeless

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3325-5464-6166
Hi, I'm an aspiring ganondorf main. I am attempting to go to tournaments and do you have any tips, tricks, anything that will help me at least stand a chance. I'm not very good, but I can be better.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Ok, so, I have a few problems. I installed the PM hombrew version on the site, downloaded and extracted PG, then put the files in their places. For some reason, PM only booted up once, and when it did, Gannondorf had his brawl move set(No sumo stomp or move set change), and Lucario crashed the game. Now it just won't boot up.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
I tried again. It boots up, but crashes at the Character Select Screen. The text files were blank when I downloaded PG. Is their something I'm missing?

Patcheresu

Smash Cadet
NNID
patcheresu
3DS FC
0903-2969-5351
Please reinstall your codes/RSBE01.gct from the Project Ganondorf download link.

For reasons why, please see:

1) The readme.
2) The OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom