• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey everyone,

So the past few days have been very sad and hectic for Project: M fans, so I think it is about time for some good news! I'm happy to announce that my Wii is back up and running, and I'm back on the horse! Thank you to everyone for all your donations, and a special thanks to Alejandro Legarda for his very generous donation. You have all been very helpful for my progress! I should be back on track for another release within a reasonable time-span (though I'm not ready to announce a date yet).

There are still a hand-full of bugs I'm working on currently, and still some balancing I'm fiddling with. The bugs are close to being fixed, it's just a matter of minor (very tedious, time consuming) tweaks that need to be made.
Keep an eye out for a teaser on what the new mechanics I've implemented are ;)

If anyone else would like to donate, click the donate button on my blog. Every donation, no matter how small, helps me devote more time and energy into Project Gaondorf (as well as possible future projects)

My Blog:

http://smashprojectganondorf.blogspot.com/

Thanks again to everyone who's helped out!

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hey everyone,

So the past few days have been very sad and hectic for Project: M fans, so I think it is about time for some good news! I'm happy to announce that my Wii is back up and running, and I'm back on the horse! Thank you to everyone for all your donations, and a special thanks to Alejandro Legarda for his very generous donation. You have all been very helpful for my progress! I should be back on track for another release within a reasonable time-span (though I'm not ready to announce a date yet).

There are still a hand-full of bugs I'm working on currently, and still some balancing I'm fiddling with. The bugs are close to being fixed, it's just a matter of minor (very tedious, time consuming) tweaks that need to be made.
Keep an eye out for a teaser on what the new mechanics I've implemented are ;)

If anyone else would like to donate, click the donate button on my blog. Every donation, no matter how small, helps me devote more time and energy into Project Gaondorf (as well as possible future projects)

My Blog:

http://smashprojectganondorf.blogspot.com/

Thanks again to everyone who's helped out!
WOOHOO!!

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Not sure why they chose Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac. Not bad overall, but it feels outta nowhere. I was thinking they add Ridley, Waluigi, or even Project Ganon.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Not sure why they chose Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac. Not bad overall, but it feels outta nowhere. I was thinking they add Ridley, Waluigi, or even Project Ganon.
If I had to guess, Ridley wasn't added because his inclusion would receive a whole lot of mixed reception.

Waluigi got left out because he's not really important the Mario series seeing as he only appears in the sports and party games, hasn't appeared in any of the main titles or in Warios games either. Which really makes you gotta question if Waluigi's worth it lol, he's supposed to be Warios partner in crime but he doesn't even show up in Warios games at all.

As for Project Ganon, it only showed up recently and Knuckles, Lyn and the others had been in development for awhile. Plus they'd have to go through the whole decision process of do we put wizard Ganon and move Ganons move set to Black Shadow?(not a good route to me) Or should we have 2 Ganondorfs? (worst route imo) Maybe we should just replace fist Ganon with wizard Ganon and call it a day?(not a problem for me but for the people that have grown to like non canon Ganon) As you can see it wouldn't be easy to choose

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Your response's reasonable. I understand the love for Knuckles, but why pick him first over Tails or Shadow?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
worth noting Black Shadow would be pretty much a very fast character as well since Black Bull is the fastest machine in F-Zero

unless we can make that only relevant for his movements and add ton of lag time of his strong attacks.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
If I had to guess, Ridley wasn't added because his inclusion would receive a whole lot of mixed reception.

Waluigi got left out because he's not really important the Mario series seeing as he only appears in the sports and party games, hasn't appeared in any of the main titles or in Warios games either. Which really makes you gotta question if Waluigi's worth it lol, he's supposed to be Warios partner in crime but he doesn't even show up in Warios games at all.

As for Project Ganon, it only showed up recently and Knuckles, Lyn and the others had been in development for awhile. Plus they'd have to go through the whole decision process oof do we put wizard Ganon and move Ganons move set to Black Bull?(not a good route to me) Or should we have 2 Ganondorfs? (worst route imo) Maybe we should just replace fist Ganon with wizard Ganon and call it a day?(not a problem for me but for the people that have grown to like non canon Ganon) As you can see it wouldn't be easy to choose
Black Shadow, not Black Bull.

Your response's reasonable. I understand the love for Knuckles, but why pick him first over Tails or Shadow?
This isn't the thread for this kind of discussion. Unless BGG is okay with it, maybe discuss it all somewhere else?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Well it doesnt really work that way :p they make their own mods ground up they dont use anyone elses stuff.
I actually think lyn isaak and knux woulda been awesome additions. Im very sad they werent able to complete their work :(

This isn't the thread for this kind of discussion. Unless BGG is okay with it, maybe discuss it all somewhere else?
I'm okay with it, I'm just not sure if the original PMDT will be. They want to stay away from all this leaked stuff from my understanding cause they don't endorse it. SO that being said it might be best to keep conversations about this short.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
He gang, so I'm looking into the future of Project Ganondorf, and thouh I know I'm gona keep working at it to polish and balance everything, there are certain limitations I have due to lack of skill in those areas. So I'm going to put this out there to see if anyone is willing to help/knows anyone who would b up for it.

I need help with the following things so that I can perfect P:G to be as professional as possible:

1. An animator. Most of my animations either originated from the original game, or someone made them for me. Right now I don't have a consistent animator to help me out, so i need that to polish a number of animations, and perhaps even make some new ones.

2. A model and rigging expert. I thought I had someone that was going to help with this, but unfortunately that seems to have fallen through. I need someone who can polish some of the models I'm currently using, and also who can create something new from scratch/or by using a low poly model I have.

3. A hex coder (someone who can edit rel's, gct's and those kinds of tricky things) - For this I think I should have some help, but the person helping me out is rather busy, so I'm not sure how long it will take him to get around to helping. ALSO since he is busy I don't want to overload him wit more work if he cant take it on!

That is about it. If anyone wants to join the team, let me know. I could really use some help with this stuff!

Thanks all

- BGG

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Is it possible to split "Canondorf" from Swordorf in any way? It would be nice to be able (for my own use), give Canondorf to Black Shadow and Swordorf to Black Knight so that I could reasonably have all three movesets on characters that reasonably fit them.

I understand that you have a lot on your plate as it is, so it's not a big concern! But if down the line it's possible, being able to use Swordorf without having to activate it with the taunt would be nice, especially as AFAIK you can't fight the CPU with Swordorf since it is taunt-activated, meaning it's basically player-exclusive.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Is it possible to split "Canondorf" from Swordorf in any way? It would be nice to be able (for my own use), give Canondorf to Black Shadow and Swordorf to Black Knight so that I could reasonably have all three movesets on characters that reasonably fit them.

I understand that you have a lot on your plate as it is, so it's not a big concern! But if down the line it's possible, being able to use Swordorf without having to activate it with the taunt would be nice, especially as AFAIK you can't fight the CPU with Swordorf since it is taunt-activated, meaning it's basically player-exclusive.
If i ever get to that itll be like years from now. Its not on my to do list unfortunately

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Will BGG ever make a separate mod that just puts mage Ganondorf over Falcondorf? I don't care about Swordorf or Falcondorf and I don't want to replace any existing characters like Lucario.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Will BGG ever make a separate mod that just puts mage Ganondorf over Falcondorf? I don't care about Swordorf or Falcondorf and I don't want to replace any existing characters like Lucario.
Until BGG releases his next mod build Ive used PyotrLuzhin guide to put Mage Ganondorf over Isaac. Was simple and worked however the only thing missing is mage ganondorfs voice. But ya since Isaac was incomplete it was a change for the better in my own build. All in good fun ^_^

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
To be short, some of us want TP+OOT Ganon in one-slot.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Mage ganon will eventually have his own slot guys. I've said this many times and it's on my blog too. He will never replace tp/sword ganon, he will have his own character slot, and lucario will be back in the game.

To be short, some of us want TP+OOT Ganon in one-slot.

I can't merge the 2 mods, that will never be possible.

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
I don't think people understand. The reason he can't put all mods together is because of file size and character limitations.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm trying to download this, but I'm having a problem.
I downloaded the rar file, but when I try to unpack it using 7zip, it says, and I quote,
"Can Not open [the file] as archive"
Does anyone know what to do?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I'm trying to download this, but I'm having a problem.
I downloaded the rar file, but when I try to unpack it using 7zip, it says, and I quote,
"Can Not open [the file] as archive"
Does anyone know what to do?
Its something when downloading the File. Have you tried re-downloading?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I have a question.
This mod asks me to replace the RSBE01.gct file. The P:M dev build leak, which I'm also playing, also had a new RSBE01.gct file. If I use the Project Ganondorf RSBE01, will that screw up the new characters, or are they compatible?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I have a question.
This mod asks me to replace the RSBE01.gct file. The P:M dev build leak, which I'm also playing, also had a new RSBE01.gct file. If I use the Project Ganondorf RSBE01, will that screw up the new characters, or are they compatible?
Open the PM Codeset in Code Manager and add this code 04AD8A64 00000142 This code is the only code you will need, Its for OoT Ganondorf's Soundbank

Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
But what if I just only want Mage ganon only in my personal mod? I don't like having 2 playable ganons and I don't really like swordorf anyway.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Open the PM Codeset in Code Manager and add this code 04AD8A64 00000142 This code is the only code you will need, Its for OoT Ganondorf's Soundbank
I'm sorry, I just now downloaded the code manager. WHich category do I need to choose to include this code?

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
And is it possible to give Mage Ganon his Brawl Pig Ganon Final Smash? I don't really like mage ganon's current final smash.

zombifiedsquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
zombifiedsquid
3DS FC
1091-8722-2904
I really enjoy this psa, however it is not all that friendly with custom Project M builds, results in freezing when picking certain costumes after stage select. Anyway you could fix this?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I really enjoy this psa, however it is not all that friendly with custom Project M builds, results in
freezing when picking certain costumes after stage select. Anyway you could fix this?
Not sure why the costumes would be freezing unless ur giving either ganon a different costume. Oot ganon must use the costumes ive provided because of bone changes to the character, and tp ganon is finicky because of filesize (both are finicky cause of filesize). Those are the only reasons i'd see the game freezing. If they're still freezing with their provided costumes, can you give me more info on the freeze?

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Not sure why the costumes would be freezing unless ur giving either ganon a different costume. Oot ganon must use the costumes ive provided because of bone changes to the character, and tp ganon is finicky because of filesize (both are finicky cause of filesize). Those are the only reasons i'd see the game freezing. If they're still freezing with their provided costumes, can you give me more info on the freeze?
Freezing for me aswell. Not much to go off of. Freezes after stage selection.

Rage83

Smash Ace
I have OOT Ganon running using a costume that use Ganon's normal boneset and it works perfectly fine. Given recent policy changes, I can't link the costume here.

zombifiedsquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
zombifiedsquid
3DS FC
1091-8722-2904
I think it may have something to do with the custom build I'm running because it has 10 costumes for Ganondorf. I'm using Project M Legacy build 1.1http://smashboards.com/threads/new-smash-bros-legacy-m-3-6-version-1-1.376318/, I would love to get this to work properly though this is the best Ganondorf psa I've seen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom