• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
There are programs, but you need the BrawlEx clone engine code and file structure in place, otherwise they are worthless. You cannot edit a character in a game without BrawlEx using any BrawlEx tools.
I'm not cloning anyone though... I just want to edit the rel or character.pac to remove crawl and wall cling. Thats all i wana do

drogoth232

Smash Lord
There should be a module editor floating around that was packaged with brawlex or something that will allow you to change it.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
There should be a module editor floating around that was packaged with brawlex or something that will allow you to change it.
Any chance you have an idea where i could find that? lol
If you come across it can you let me know please and thanks!

forbidden12

Smash Cadet
Which files should I use if I just want the sword Ganon and not the magic one because I don't want lucario to be affected

Szion

Smash Journeyman
does this only go over ganon? or can i put it over yoshi too or something

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Which files should I use if I just want the sword Ganon and not the magic one because I don't want lucario to be affected
Just the ganon files need to be replaced for sword ganon.

does this only go over ganon? or can i put it over yoshi too or something
One is over ganon and one is over lucario. you COULD change who you replace, but it requires some rel character porting which i dont know too much about right now. Its not too hard though, look through the forum for more info.

For those of you who want to keep lucario, Pyotrluzhin made a version that goes over jiggly puff. https://mega.nz/#!OMhxUYYD!gmWLHYn4i5frx5lo4EmU52PZvQbop18d5qV2oEc3R5s
Throw that in the purin fighter file, rename the other ootganon files (not 00) as purin and stuff them suckers in there too if you like more than 1 costume, and throw the code 04AD8A74 00000142 in the latter lines of your .gct file (over 04AD8A64 00000142 at the bottom) for your audio, and you're good to go. if ootganon and lucario are on the field at the same time though, projectile animations tend to look a little funny though, and dorf's are invisible, but otherwise it works great.

Side note-some of kirby's moves seem altered in the "over lucario" build, and revert to brawl form slowing him down a little (down-b). as well, his running flame attack has no fire anymore. I just thought that was a bit odd, perhaps other homebrew users can verify.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
For those of you who want to keep lucario, Pyotrluzhin made a version that goes over jiggly puff. https://mega.nz/#!OMhxUYYD!gmWLHYn4i5frx5lo4EmU52PZvQbop18d5qV2oEc3R5s
Throw that in the purin fighter file, rename the other ootganon files (not 00) as purin and stuff them suckers in there too if you like more than 1 costume, and throw the code 04AD8A74 00000142 in the latter lines of your .gct file (over 04AD8A64 00000142 at the bottom) for your audio, and you're good to go. if ootganon and lucario are on the field at the same time though, projectile animations tend to look a little funny though, and dorf's are invisible, but otherwise it works great.

Side note-some of kirby's moves seem altered in the "over lucario" build, and revert to brawl form slowing him down a little (down-b). as well, his running flame attack has no fire anymore. I just thought that was a bit odd, perhaps other homebrew users can verify.
Oh ya thanks, I forgot about this! Follow those instructions guys :p

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
This may have been posted already, but I've encountered an issue. When Wario gets the Smash Ball, and starts to transform into Wario-Man, the flash of light that surrounds him just stays there, and never stops. Also Roy and Mewtwo are mute.

And while I'm here, can I just say thank you so much for this mod? Ganondorf is one of my favorite bad guys, and now I can finally feel like I'm using him in Smash Bros. And two versions of him to boot.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
This may have been posted already, but I've encountered an issue. When Wario gets the Smash Ball, and starts to transform into Wario-Man, the flash of light that surrounds him just stays there, and never stops. Also Roy and Mewtwo are mute.

And while I'm here, can I just say thank you so much for this mod? Ganondorf is one of my favorite bad guys, and now I can finally feel like I'm using him in Smash Bros. And two versions of him to boot.
I think mewtwo and roy are only mute sometimes. Test it out a bit more under different conditions to make sure.

For warioman that hasnt been mentioned yet. Not sure why that would be happening... that doesnt make too much sense lol.
U sure that only happens with project ganondorf installed? Ill test this out myself too, but just make sure it is my mods fault lol

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I think mewtwo and roy are only mute sometimes. Test it out a bit more under different conditions to make sure.

For warioman that hasnt been mentioned yet. Not sure why that would be happening... that doesnt make too much sense lol.
U sure that only happens with project ganondorf installed? Ill test this out myself too, but just make sure it is my mods fault lol
Mewtwo and Roy in general love to delete their sound effects from time to time for some reason. Download a vanilla Project M build and copy/paste the sfx folder over to your build. Should fix the problem. you'll need to re-add OoT Ganon's sfx though.

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
When ever I try adding the code you provided in GCT Edit
04AD8A64 00000142
It says that it needs to be divisible by 16...

Edit: Nvm i was dumb i fixed it this mod is 10/10 best in the world ok bye. >.>

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
This is one of the best mods I've played.
When ever I try adding the code you provided in GCT Edit
04AD8A64 00000142
It says that it needs to be divisible by 16...

Edit: Nvm i was dumb i fixed it this mod is 10/10 best in the world ok bye. >.>
Thanks guys :)

I'm working on some updates right now for my next release so keep your eyes peeled!

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
For some reason whenever I put the code into my GCT and play with OoT Ganon, he has no sound. Afterwards the code changed to become 08040B05 02060207, which is not the code I used. The game changed it for some reason.

GFD

Smash Cadet
I've noticed some more inconsistencies between vanilla PM 3.6 Ganondorf and this mod's implementation of his "fists" moveset.
  • His once-amazing DACUS is now useless, as his altered up-smash immediately halts all horizontal momentum when used.
  • Neutral-aerial's interruptibility is much later.
  • Spot-dodge is much longer.
  • Forward-aerial cannot be L-cancelled at all.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I've noticed some more inconsistencies between vanilla PM 3.6 Ganondorf and this mod's implementation of his "fists" moveset.
  • His once-amazing DACUS is now useless, as his altered up-smash immediately halts all horizontal momentum when used.
  • Neutral-aerial's interruptibility is much later.
  • Spot-dodge is much longer.
  • Forward-aerial cannot be L-cancelled at all.
Oh what do u mean by neutral aerials interruptibility being later? Like it's endlag?

GFD

Smash Cadet
Specifically, it takes longer until you are able to perform another action. You have to still be in the air to observe this behaviour; interruptibility doesn't refer to landing lag.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Specifically, it takes longer until you are able to perform another action. You have to still be in the air to observe this behaviour; interruptibility doesn't refer to landing lag.
Right so the endlag of the attack while in air

Quillion

Smash Hero
BronzeGreekGod BronzeGreekGod : Is it possible to make TP!Ganon's U-tilt "chargeable" so that if you tap A, you get the quick stomp, but if you hold down A, you get the volcano kick?

I actually do miss that move even though it's kinda redundant with Warlock Punch. You made it so that OoT!Ganon's F-tilt is a chargeable move, so I don't see why TP!Ganon's U-tilt can't do the same.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
BronzeGreekGod BronzeGreekGod : Is it possible to make TP!Ganon's U-tilt "chargeable" so that if you tap A, you get the quick stomp, but if you hold down A, you get the volcano kick?

I actually do miss that move even though it's kinda redundant with Warlock Punch. You made it so that OoT!Ganon's F-tilt is a chargeable move, so I don't see why TP!Ganon's U-tilt can't do the same.
Hm interesting idea.. I like it. I'll see what I can do.

D

Deleted member

Very interesting idea you've got there. Now why hasn't anyone thought about that before?

Quillion

Smash Hero
Very interesting idea you've got there. Now why hasn't anyone thought about that before?
In fact, I did not think of that; it was in a certain hack I found on KCMM one time (which I have since discarded for using TP!Ganon). This one, I believe (which is just a hack of Eldiran's original sword draw PSA that includes some PM moves and sword lines for Ganon).

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
In fact, I did not think of that; it was in a certain hack I found on KCMM one time (which I have since discarded for using TP!Ganon). This one, I believe (which is just a hack of Eldiran's original sword draw PSA that includes some PM moves and sword lines for Ganon).
OH this will make my life much easier. It wouldnt be too hard to do either way, but this will help me avoid trial and error issues

Thanks!

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Sorry just realized the mod link u posted ISNT the one you mentioned with both versions of up tilt... any chance you can find that version you mentioned to send me?

D

Deleted member

Is it just me or does this mod occasionally freeze in normal Brawl? Sword Ganondorf freezes the game sometimes when I use his down B. I apologize if I missed something in the readme file.

Last edited by a moderator:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Is it just me or does this mod occasionally freeze in normal Brawl? Sword Ganondorf freezes the game sometimes when I use his down B. I apologize if I missed something in the readme folder.
Well it isn't tested with vBrawl at all. It's meant for project m.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Is it just me or does this mod occasionally freeze in normal Brawl? Sword Ganondorf freezes the game sometimes when I use his down B. I apologize if I missed something in the readme folder.
I prefer using vBrawl for hacks myself, and TP!Ganon works flawlessly for me.

D

Deleted member

I prefer using vBrawl for hacks myself, and TP!Ganon works flawlessly for me.
Well it isn't tested with vBrawl at all. It's meant for project m.
I think it could be his Down B that's causing it to freeze sometimes. Sometimes he just unsheethes his sword and then the game freezes. I'm running an NTSC version of Brawl from my SD card with Ocarina cheats. I remember reading of a similar issue happening with a mod called Trifore Ganondorf, where he will freeze in place if his legs are partially through a platform when he uses his down b in the air. Speaking of areal down b, that also sometimes randomly happens

Last edited by a moderator:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
WELP FML!!!
My wii has decided to stop reading disks! Completely outa the blue it keeps coming up with disk errors. This is fantastic!

Does anyone know if theres any way to hack the WiiU to let wii games like brawl use GC controllers? I suppose I can use the wiiU to test things out for now, but I really wana be able to use GC controllers. I need to be able to test things against human players as well for balancing.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Pretty sure you need an adapter for WiiU to use GC controllers.
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI
I'm from EU and use USBloader to load a US version of smash where I can then play PM. You could try that as well :)
I have the adapter, and i'm fine with smash wiiu, but the controllers don't work with wii games (cause nintendo are short sighted idiots 90 percent of the time).

What does the usb loader do? Again I can play pm that isn't the issue. I wana be able to play pm with gc controllers. Is there a hack for that with the usb loader?

Top Bottom