• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

Patcheresu

Smash Cadet
NNID
patcheresu
3DS FC
0903-2969-5351
Plan to add this soon sometime wthin the next hour. Really looking forwarf to the magic ganon. Is it possible to replace my current fist ganon with the lucario magic one? that way leaving lucario in tact while at the same time giving me the new ganon. i havr noticed the other smashboards post regarding placing psas over other characters but would it be possible to do with yours?
No, it is impossible to replace Fist Ganon with him...

..but you can replace other characters with him. BGG and the guy who runs the Ridley Porting Workshop can help you out.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Plan to add this soon sometime wthin the next hour. Really looking forwarf to the magic ganon. Is it possible to replace my current fist ganon with the lucario magic one? that way leaving lucario in tact while at the same time giving me the new ganon. i havr noticed the other smashboards post regarding placing psas over other characters but would it be possible to do with yours?
Im sure you could do it but you'd need specific codes and stuff to port characters all around.

If i were you i'd just install the way my instructions say for now and have fun. I'll eventually release a proper build where lucario is not replaced

EDIT:
ya u can do what Patcheresu said about the riddly workshop. I'm not that knowledgable with porting over different characters yet (though i don't think it's too hard to be honest).

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
No, it is impossible to replace Fist Ganon with him...

..but you can replace other characters with him. BGG and the guy who runs the Ridley Porting Workshop can help you out.
Hey did u see my last msg responding to your most recent one (before this one).. Check near the bottom of page 11 if u missed it :)

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Current thoughts so far of magic ganon.

Neutral B!!
Love his Neutral B. The animation sound and effect all seem good and well balanced do to its speed and trajectory. Love how it can be used offstage but at a risk. Had to put his Neutral B on top because i love it @_@ ! Truly my favorite thing that came out of this.

SPECIALS
Up B- Love the fake portal idea. Him being able to UpB twice if he still has his jump seems balanced however i could see someone running an entire match doing this.

Down B- Does what its meant to. I think the aerial down B (punch to ground) could use a buff as even at 200% and a direct hit it doesnt kill. knocks up for a follow up but do to the delay following up isnt an option. At least at that %.
Also if you jump at the peak of a grounded downB ganon throws his cape and enters the normal float. Dont see a use for this and could mess players up.

Side B- Does what its suppose to. Dont think it should have that sweetspot though. No need for it.

SMASHES

Dsmash/Fsmash- good

Upsmash- way too strong

TILTS
Uptilt-good

Dtilt- Two hit combo. Not sure what to think of this yet.

Ftilt- Not sure what to think of this yet either.

AERIALS- Every Aerial he has too much range!

Nair- Dunno what to think of this yet but i do like it. I also like how you can move with it during float.

UpAir- Doesnt feel like an upair and can be moved with while floating. Dunno what to think of this yet.

Dair- good besides range

Bair- I could seriously win a match just SHFFLing bairs with its range.

Fair- Range. Sweetspot overpowered. Also when you use it low to the ground it travels along the ground farther than it would in the air. Dunno if thats intentional or not. A bit hard to l cancel it with the freezing effect it has when it hits.

Jab/Repeated Jab- Early part of animation effect hits while the ending part sucks in? Maybe just make the entire animation hit. Havent tried it on players to see how DIing against it will be.

FLOAT

Do not like how a full jump forces a float if the jump button is held. Also really affects platform wavedashing off higher platforms due to having to jump higher and entering float by accident.

Float taunt only works out of a full jump float and no other float.

( i also recommend using the animation of the float taunt as a new up taunt for ganon as currently his up taunt is the same as his upsmash but upsmash is 10x cooler)

Rolling/Dodge

Screen shaking thing is nice and really helps for confusing the opponent but also might be a headache for the opposing player x_x.

Wavedash

Feels like its lengthier and slippier than his previous. Think it might be too good for ganondorf to have.

The dark effect looks very nice but it does leave one small dark hole in the spot you wavedash from.

These are all my thoughts for now. Many have been put down as "dunno about this" because I havent tested this on other players yet however theres no doubt in my mind the ones ive put down as overpowered are definitely overpowered. No games with others will change my thoughts on those. Overall i really like the ganondorf and think you did a great job. There are many positives but i focused on the negatives because thats the best feedback to help the character.

Thnx for the mod~

Last edited:

GFD

Smash Cadet
So what are you suggesting for slowing down the aerials? Auto cancel needs to move? (the frames where "air attack-landing" is activated upon contact with the ground). It looks like in that clip you're constantly landing a normal "heavy" landing.
Yeah, the ending autocancel windows for every aerial need to be moved forward. I think n-air should still have an autocancel window that's relatively early compared to the others, though. D-air doesn't need to move forward too much either, but it's beginning autocancel window is actually much too large, I think; players aren't being punished hard enough for using d-air too late for the hitboxes to come out before they land.

And yes, every landing in that gfycat is a regular impact land. You can actually go through it frame-by-frame using the controls in the bottom right to see just how fast it is, since every aerial is frame-perfect — I do shorthops and fastfalls on the earliest possible frame, and input aerials on the last frame where they will still autocancel. (N-air is delayed by 7 frames, f-air by 1, b-air by 4, and u-air by 6.)

I would also adjust the landing lag of his aerials a bit. Specifically, u-air having less landing lag than n-air (22/11 and 25/12 respectively), and f-air having the same landing lag as n-air, seems disproportional, considering their incredible range compared to n-air.

I noticed that you can't actually L-cancel b-air and d-air — they still have the same amount of landing lag whether or not they are L-cancelled. Is this intentional?

Some design thoughts: maybe Ganondorf doesn't need his sword to have kill power, since he still has access to his fists moveset, which has a lot of that. Perhaps this character's gameplan could be to rack up damage from a safe distance using his sword, then switch back to his fists moveset to close out stocks.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Yeah, the ending autocancel windows for every aerial need to be moved forward. I think n-air should still have an autocancel window that's relatively early compared to the others, though. D-air doesn't need to move forward too much either, but it's beginning autocancel window is actually much too large, I think; players aren't being punished hard enough for using d-air too late for the hitboxes to come out before they land.

And yes, every landing in that gfycat is a regular impact land. You can actually go through it frame-by-frame using the controls in the bottom right to see just how fast it is, since every aerial is frame-perfect — I do shorthops and fastfalls on the earliest possible frame, and input aerials on the last frame where they will still autocancel. (N-air is delayed by 7 frames, f-air by 1, b-air by 4, and u-air by 6.)

I would also adjust the landing lag of his aerials a bit. Specifically, u-air having less landing lag than n-air (22/11 and 25/12 respectively), and f-air having the same landing lag as n-air, seems disproportional, considering their incredible range compared to n-air.

I noticed that you can't actually L-cancel b-air and d-air — they still have the same amount of landing lag whether or not they are L-cancelled. Is this intentional?

Some design thoughts: maybe Ganondorf doesn't need his sword to have kill power, since he still has access to his fists moveset, which has a lot of that. Perhaps this character's gameplan could be to rack up damage from a safe distance using his sword, then switch back to his fists moveset to close out stocks.
the only problem with switching back to fist mode to kill is people HATE that. I think for the most part ppl will wana pick one moveset and go with that.

now for the rest. I just need to clarify.

- slow down landing lag for (all?) aerials (particulairly up and f air) - or u mean just up and f air? - can i jsut get more detail on this please :)

- Move all(?) auto cancel windows back? Meaning for example if one of them starts at frame 10, move it to maybe frame 15? And make them end at 30 instead of 25? Or do you mean make it happen earlier AND later?
- exceptions to the previous point - dair (is okay but you mentioned the start window is too big? So move it a few frames later?
- 2nd exception nair - keep it as is? or just move its starting point slightly less later than the rest

- actually can you give me a breakdown of when you think each autocancel should start and end? that might be easier lol

thanks!

EDIT: i also wanted to ask - were the 3 fist ganon issues you mentioned the only problems? For down tilt especially, i didn't realize it got reverted.. Im a bit confused on that haha
But anyway, are there any other weird problems where attacks are slower than they should be or anything that i may have missed?

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Seem to have found recurring freeze phenomena. When you use OoT dorf's upsmash just after landing, the triforce has a chance not to appear, and crashes. Since the upsmash ends with dorf in the air, spamming it can cause this crash.
can you try to pinpoint the exact cause of this freeze? I HAVE had up smash freeze on me before, but i cant figure out what causes it. It sounds like you've been able to recreate it, so could you test different things and try to see exactly whats happening?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
**** guys - does anyone here have a solution to this?

I need to edit my sword ganon file in brawlbox so i can alter the ledgegrab boxes, but i cant friggin save in brawlbox!!
I had a similat problem in the past and managed to fix it - but i cant seem to fix it now. Anyone have any ideas?

can you try to pinpoint the exact cause of this freeze? I HAVE had up smash freeze on me before, but i cant figure out what causes it. It sounds like you've been able to recreate it, so could you test different things and try to see exactly whats happening?
I posted that since the freeze occurred three times in a two hour period, but oddly enough i can't seem to recreate it. every time it froze everyone noticed there was no triforce. I'll get the same people tomorrow and see if we can figure it out.

on a side note, that side/up-b to recover can cause an aerial up-taunt with swordorf. just confirming a bug previously mentioned.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I posted that since the freeze occurred three times in a two hour period, but oddly enough i can't seem to recreate it. every time it froze everyone noticed there was no triforce. I'll get the same people tomorrow and see if we can figure it out.

on a side note, that side/up-b to recover can cause an aerial up-taunt with swordorf. just confirming a bug previously mentioned.
Side AND up b? or you dont know which one?
I THINK its up B and i think i may have fixed it, but i wana get more info on that as well. Have u pinpointed when that happened/how? Or at least can u give me any info about it that u can, cause ive neverrr seen that one

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
**** guys - does anyone here have a solution to this?

I need to edit my sword ganon file in brawlbox so i can alter the ledgegrab boxes, but i cant friggin save in brawlbox!!
I had a similat problem in the past and managed to fix it - but i cant seem to fix it now. Anyone have any ideas?
Do you have the file open in 2 places at once, because then it wont let you change it.
For example, the file open in brawl box and costume manager at the same time
Because that's what causes the brawl box error, you cant access the same point from 2 different locations and try to change it. That is basic database design right there, if that's the problem that's occurring.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Do you have the file open in 2 places at once, because then it wont let you change it.
For example, the file open in brawl box and costume manager at the same time
Because that's what causes the brawl box error, you cant access the same point from 2 different locations and try to change it. That is basic database design right there, if that's the problem that's occurring.
No i dont have 2 opened, i checked that :(

Side AND up b? or you dont know which one?
I THINK its up B and i think i may have fixed it, but i wana get more info on that as well. Have u pinpointed when that happened/how? Or at least can u give me any info about it that u can, cause ive neverrr seen that one
it was the up-b, but it was used at to recover across a horizontal plane due to positioning. There is a chance it was a side-b, since neither of us seen any intro animation for the recovery, but it was intended as an up-b held completely left. I'll try to recreate that one too. He did the taunt as if standing on the ground, and froze in spot on the last frame. no crash, and he died swiftly from a meteor.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
it was the up-b, but it was used at to recover across a horizontal plane due to positioning. There is a chance it was a side-b, since neither of us seen any intro animation for the recovery, but it was intended as an up-b held completely left. I'll try to recreate that one too. He did the taunt as if standing on the ground, and froze in spot on the last frame. no crash, and he died swiftly from a meteor.
k and was it with or without the sword?

GFD

Smash Cadet
actually can you give me a breakdown of when you think each autocancel should start and end? that might be easier lol
Here's some frame data I'd suggest trying out for Sword Ganondorf's aerials. I'll communicate using frame strips in the same format the wiki uses (except without animation length data), and label changes as buffs or nerfs in the suggested data.

= Lag time
= Hitbox
= Autocancel
= Blank (ie. no autocancel)

N-air (current)
Initial autocancel: 1-4
Hitboxes: 8-18
Ending autocancel: 19-
Interruptable: 42

Normal landing lag: 25
L-cancelled landing lag: 12

N-air (suggested)
Ending autocancel: 26-
Interruptable: 36

F-air (current)
Initial autocancel: 1-8
Hitboxes: 15-21
Ending autocancel: 25-
Interruptable: 45

F-air (suggested)
Initial autocancel: 1-7
Ending autocancel: 41-
Interruptable: 51

Normal landing lag: 34
L-cancelled landing lag: 17

B-air (current)
Initial autocancel: 1-12
Hitboxes: 14-30
Ending autocancel: 21-
Interruptable: 40

Normal landing lag: 30
L-cancelled landing lag: 30

B-air (suggested)
Hitboxes: 14-22
Ending autocancel: 36-

Normal landing lag: 32
L-cancelled landing lag: 16

U-air (current)

Hitboxes: 6-19
Ending autocancel: 20-

Normal landing lag: 22
L-cancelled landing lag: 11

U-air (suggested)

Initial autocancel: 1-3
Hitboxes: 9-17
Ending autocancel: 35-

Normal landing lag: 26
L-cancelled landing lag: 13

D-air (current)
Initial autocancel: 1-25
Hitboxes: 23-28
Interruptable: 43

Normal landing lag: 29
L-cancelled landing lag: 29

D-air (suggested)

Initial autocancel: 1-5
Hitboxes: 23-29
Ending autocancel: 45-

L-cancelled landing lag: 15

were the 3 fist ganon issues you mentioned the only problems?
Yeah, those are the only undesirable changes from his vanilla PM moveset that I noticed. I agree with the reversions made to f-smash, u-smash, and neutral-b.
The u-tilt change I mentioned isn't necessarily a bad thing, I guess; I just didn't understand the reasoning behind it.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Here's some frame data I'd suggest trying out for Sword Ganondorf's aerials. I'll communicate using frame strips in the same format the wiki uses (except without animation length data), and label changes as buffs or nerfs in the suggested data.

= Lag time
= Hitbox
= Autocancel

N-air (current)

N-air (suggested)

F-air (current)

F-air (suggested)

B-air (current)

B-air (suggested)

U-air (current)

U-air (suggested)

D-air (current)

D-air (suggested)

Yeah, those are the only undesirable changes from his vanilla PM moveset that I noticed. I agree with the reversions made to f-smash, u-smash, and neutral-b.
The u-tilt change I mentioned isn't necessarily a bad thing, I guess; I just didn't understand the reasoning behind it.
K this is great - just need to clarify a few things... when you say "auto cancel" vs "no auto cancel"..... auto cancel means when theres no special air landing animation? Whereas if theres no auto cancel, those are the frames when the aerial attack landing animation is loaded?

Also the numbers dont all seem to match the boxes with colours.. im a bit confused. When you say Initial aurocancel: 1-5 are those the frames that you are suggesting that autocancel should be happening? And if you say normal landing lag: 30 is that how many frames you think the landing lag should last for in game? (i am talking about your suggested d-air here because it is last on the list and i can see it while im typing lol)

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
I went out and got an SD card, so as soon as I can be arsed to install Project M (probably this weekend), I can finally play as the Ganondorf we deserve. *excitement*

GFD

Smash Cadet
Also the numbers dont all seem to match the boxes with colours..
Just like the wiki, my frame data is illustrated by using two parallel strips. The top row indicates whether or not there are hitboxes on a current frame, and the bottom row indicates what form of landing lag you will enter if you land on that frame. (Make sure you've maximized your browser window, or the rows might wrap around and take up multiple lines.) It's illustrated this way because, as is the case your the current d-air, it's possible for autocancel frames and hitbox frames to overlap.

auto cancel means when theres no special air landing animation? Whereas if theres no auto cancel, those are the frames when the aerial attack landing animation is loaded?
When you say Initial aurocancel: 1-5 are those the frames that you are suggesting that autocancel should be happening? And if you say normal landing lag: 30 is that how many frames you think the landing lag should last for in game?
All these assumptions are correct.

Last edited:

Patcheresu

Smash Cadet
NNID
patcheresu
3DS FC
0903-2969-5351

= Lag time
= Hitbox
= Autocancel

D-air (current)

D-air (suggested)

So if I'm reading this right you made it so if you use dair you have 1/5 of the time you'd normally have to not commit. It seems like this is either an excruciating nerf or a buff considering the timing to get it to hit the ground onstage. And of course, making L-Cancelling actually work on this aerial would be nice.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about the sword ganon. If i only want sword ganon do i still have to use the RSBE01.gct file or can i just install it with the files included in the Ganon folder?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I have a question about the sword ganon. If i only want sword ganon do i still have to use the RSBE01.gct file or can i just install it with the files included in the Ganon folder?
Sword ganon just needs the ganon files - you dont need the gct or the rel or anything for him

Patcheresu

Smash Cadet
NNID
patcheresu
3DS FC
0903-2969-5351
well i dont know how to add it and also i have a mac soooo maybe not today.
That would be GCTEdit and in that case, just ask me if you need that done.

So any chance at a light progress update on how the next version is coming?

I'll probably take the chance to play around with him (Sword Ganon) now that I know what Frame Speed Modifiers do. Probably rescale damage (that's the word I was looking for, not rebalance, rescale) and knockback, test it out once I have something I like, and send it to you as a suggestion.

I feel the pain, though, BGG. There is no way to make jab look good with that animation at a good speed. It is a lot more interesting of a move when I use Frame Speed Modifiers. Balancing smash is actually really fun. Did you know that jab is extremely effective at edge-guarding due to its strong horizontal knockback and weak verticals? Since his sword is so big and the timing is far more lenient, a faster jab lets him just stab offstage and make a wall of pain for recovering enemies. It's even Space Furry-proof as their illusions can't get past it and they're forced to recover high or eat swords when they up-B.

I think I'll take this time to note that the timing of your moves is for the most part actually exquisite and natural. It's really the damage and knockback I tend to find problem with and I actually really dig your moveset style choices.

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
That would be GCTEdit and in that case, just ask me if you need that done.
well i realized that GCTedit is a jar file so i can run it on my mac. i think i can pull this off.

EDIT: I practiced by adding the "remove ready to fight bar" codes and it worked! now to do the same for gancario!

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey, i cant find the msg now, but someone mentioned that after his final smash, going back to sword ganon causes the game to freeze. I've tested this but had no problem. Can someone see if they can recreate this issue and give me more info on it?

Hey, i cant find the msg now, but someone mentioned that after his final smash, going back to sword ganon causes the game to freeze. I've tested this but had no problem. Can someone see if they can recreate this issue and give me more info on it?
I posted that, but found out afterwards that was part of the triforce glitch on ootdorf elsewhere on screen. Forgot to correct it. I tried it later quite a few times and there don't seem to be any issues with it.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Ok, i've added the soundbank codes for the mod into my gct and now i have to test it out. If only the wii didnt rupture my eardrums every time it crashes.

EDIT: It worked and the mod works perfectly now! i should look up other gct codes

Last edited:

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
OKAY! I downloaded Project M (and this, of course) yesterday...

Didn't get a huge amount of playing time in, but so far I've flailed ineffectually at Sheik as the sword one (wow is it or maybe just me bad at getting her off of you), and had a good time with the magic one. I'm liking the latter a lot so far, but I'll need some more time with the former.

Also, is it compatible with the Ridley hack or no? Since the instructions for it seem to imply I'll need to replace a file I already did with the Ganondorf one so I'm not sure.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

= Lag time
= Hitbox
= Autocancel

N-air (current)

N-air (suggested)

F-air (current)

F-air (suggested)

B-air (current)

B-air (suggested)

U-air (current)

U-air (suggested)

D-air (current)

D-air (suggested)

Hey so just though of this now - are OOT ganons auto cancels fine?

Patcheresu

Smash Cadet
NNID
patcheresu
3DS FC
0903-2969-5351
OKAY! I downloaded Project M (and this, of course) yesterday...

Also, is it compatible with the Ridley hack or no? Since the instructions for it seem to imply I'll need to replace a file I already did with the Ganondorf one so I'm not sure.
First of all, welcome to PM!

Secondly, please use the search thread feature before asking these kind of questions again because this is the fourth time someone has asked a variant of this exact question since Page 7, one of which is literally on this page.

Since I want to encourage this habit, (PM isn't too keen on as much documentation as Smash 4 so thread searching a character's 200+ page thread is useful), I'm just going to say what I did last time. Yes, it is, Sword Ganon requires no codes replacement, just use GCTEdit to add the correct line of code stated earlier (Page 7) in this thread to the very end of the Ridley GCT if you want Magic Ganon, which replaces Lucario (and his files) when installed.

(Ignore this below if you just downloaded PM from the PM website.)
If someone tells you to replace your RSBE01.gct with theirs you should ask why its necessary because unless you normally run vanilla PM, replacing this file without backups and installing extra mods is a fast track to pain. All of the most advanced settings pretty much run through this file.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey does anyone here have the newest version of brawlEx (whatever version that is)? I wana start Fixing some things using brawlEx that I havent done yet and I've heard the normal BX link is down or something?

Not surw where that is either actually.. anyway can someone point me to brawlEx please? :p

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Hey does anyone here have the newest version of brawlEx (whatever version that is)? I wana start Fixing some things using brawlEx that I havent done yet and I've heard the normal BX link is down or something?

Not surw where that is either actually.. anyway can someone point me to brawlEx please? :p
BrawlEx isn't compatible with P:M 3.6 right now.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Just a small update for everyone. I've been working on all the concerns of the mod and have started integrating new mechanics. Of course i've run into setbacks as anyone can expect :p
Hoping to get everything working smoothly soon.

I MIGHT release a v1.1 so you guys can do some more testing before I get to releasing 2.0 (which will have many more major fixes as well as the return of Lucario etc).

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
It could be, but only if it was compatible with Project M. I mean, technically you could use it now for that though.

Current codeset I believe is here:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74722.0
Hey so im just looking through that thread and im not finding an actual brawlEx download... Just different versions of project M.

Isnt there an actual brawlEx program? (not related to the project M D.I.Y)

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Hey so im just looking through that thread and im not finding an actual brawlEx download... Just different versions of project M.

Isnt there an actual brawlEx program? (not related to the project M D.I.Y)
There are programs, but you need the BrawlEx clone engine code and file structure in place, otherwise they are worthless. You cannot edit a character in a game without BrawlEx using any BrawlEx tools.

Top Bottom