• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Fen__

Smash Ace
Provide a link to the video you're talking about. Also, they're not. Some of the animations are done, but not all. If I remember right, pretty much none of the PSA work is done.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
wouldn't have a clue, RandomTBush is in charge of that, you can bug him about it, if you want.
Yeah. About that...

When I switched to my new computer a few months ago, I accidentally lost the paintbrush model/texture. So, I'll have to re-rip it. I would've already done so by now, except I've been sidetracked by other projects...

Soon enough, I'll get you the real paintbrush. Until then, please be patient.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
RandomTBush, sorry if i sounded impatient, i was just answering someones question. but obviously, take your time, nothing is really going on here right now.

and brawlpwnage, i'm not sure what files you're talking about. Intrepid probably left a few of the files he sent to the team on his Mediafire account, but those are the only locked ones i'm sure of. and as Fen said, we only have about 20 animations for Bowser Jr done, Shadow Mario currently is using Mario's moveset, and i have no idea what happened to the rest of the team. they probably got busy with life, with school ending soon for most, and i'm certainly a lot busier than i originally anticipated.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Haha, where have I been.

Seems like I like to abandon forums here and there when I get busy, or really, really tired of visiting. Hence the what, months since I've even touched this forum, lmao.

Poppin in to say How's progress? Saw the videos, things look nice. Sorry to just leave like that. xD

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Any progress so far? Someone REALLY needs to do something with this project now that most graphical problems are fixed.

Also...

...this is on ALL my videos...

THERE IS NO DOWNLOAD UNTIL THE **** THING IS DONE!

I wish there was something I could do to help, but I guess I can only occasionally cheer from the sidelines and take most of the credit. :p

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
sorry, i haven't been able to do anything after the stuff i posted with Shadow Mario. i think i may know why Bowser Jr has the item grab glitch, but i haven't been able to make anything new yet. and i think StarWaffle quit the team, too. i'll try to get a few animations going soon.

Fen__

Smash Ace
sorry, i haven't been able to do anything after the stuff i posted with Shadow Mario. i think i may know why Bowser Jr has the item grab glitch, but i haven't been able to make anything new yet. and i think StarWaffle quit the team, too. i'll try to get a few animations going soon.
StarWaffle said in the Fully New Character Archive (I think) that he didn't have interest on working on it until he could work with a model that could open its mouth.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
1. Check SMG2 for MDL0s

2. Get high-poly Bowser Jr. body and head from M&S2, then PSA them together (high-poly head has jaw bones).

Take your pick.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
1. Check SMG2 for MDL0s

2. Get high-poly Bowser Jr. body and head from M&S2, then PSA them together (high-poly head has jaw bones).

Take your pick.
#1 is out of the question. The models are the exact same format as the first Super Mario Galaxy's, which is BMD/BDL.

As for the second, it probably would be better to merge the two MDL0s together, but that's kinda difficult to do...

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
#1 is out of the question. The models are the exact same format as the first Super Mario Galaxy's, which is BMD/BDL.

As for the second, it probably would be better to merge the two MDL0s together, but that's kinda difficult to do...
1. Exactly as I suspected. Oh well.

2. Model rebuilding now? I've been gone too long...

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
It's still manual rebuilding, though. Kryal left for personal reasons a few months ago, and BrawlBox 0.64 never got finished...
Wait, so Kryal won't be coming back? If so, NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo........................ If coming back, YES! We need that finished...

Fen__

Smash Ace
Wait, so Kryal won't be coming back? If so, NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo........................ If coming back, YES! We need that finished...
He said he's taking a long, possibly permanent, break from Brawl hacking. No one knows if he's coming back, but this isn't really the appropriate place to discuss this.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
I might try and help this summer but I know absolutely nothing about texture hacking
well your going to have to know more than just texture hacking, if you wanna help you would have to learn animating and psa, plus i'm not sure if they need help or not

Fen__

Smash Ace
It would probably help to get help if you laid out what exactly is needed. The last time I asked how progress was coming, Snoopy said that he was waiting on Intrepid to get him updated files after his (Intrepid's) comp crashed or whatever it was happened.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
here's pretty well where we stand, as far as i know. Bowser Jr has 15ish animations, but somehow aquired the item grab glitch when the new ones were added in. Shadow Mario is currently using Mario's animations, but i fixed them so Shadow Mario's hips actually move like they should. i also finally figured out why SM's hat didn't appear, but the way i fixed it, the hair will show up when you have a smash ball, but the hat is always shown.

and i'm getting sick of nothing happening here, since it seems like everyone else ditched the team, so i'm going to fix the current animations to see if that fixes the item grab glitch, but i will actually start making animations for this project. i'm dropping everything else i'm doing hacking wise so i can focus directly on this.

oh, and Intrepid, did you finally get your computer fixed?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Scale the HairN (I think) bone to 0 for all animations or delete the polygon set for his hair.

No, still as dead as ever. All I can do is offer advice/support, so just ask, Snoopy.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
alright then, i'll try doing that in a bit. but do you have newer files than the revision 2 you sent a while ago? if so, could you send them to me? if not, no big deal, i'll just get started on some animations.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
alright then, i'll try doing that in a bit. but do you have newer files than the revision 2 you sent a while ago? if so, could you send them to me? if not, no big deal, i'll just get started on some animations.
No, unfortunately all of my hacks are gone. :urg:

All I had accomplished before were running/walking fixes and more animations, so no real loss.

Try starting on SM first, though. He has a complete moveset and we MAY be changing the model (NSMBW or high-poly M&S2)

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
alright, i'll do Shadow Mario first. so then use the moveset thats in the second post? i'll do the attacks that dont involve the paintbrush. and the reason for the model change would be so Bowser Jr can open his mouth? maybe then StarWaffle will want to help again.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure StarWaffle would want to help if there was a model that could animate its mouth since he said he really wants Bowser Jr. to be playable, but he's potentially busy for like a month or so due to school work (I think). Taking a look at NSMB Wii might be worth it, but the high-poly M&S models would need to be rebuilt from what I remember.

Regarding the item grab glitch, I'm starting to think someone should keep a list of all of the glitches imported models have and then a list of specific solutions that have worked (i.e. For glitch x, have a list of each team's solutions to the problem with their model (and what game the model comes from)). I feel like most of these problems that people keep coming to halts at have been solved by other teams at some point already, but word just doesn't get around well.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
y'know, it's funny that you mention keeping a list of all the glitch fixes, because i'm in the process of making a guide of basic model importing and glitch fixing. it will include all of my notes, and a bone hexing guide, which is how i got Shadow Mario's hat to appear. so don't worry, i'm on it. and i think i know how to fix the item grab glitch, it would involve redoing all the animations on one completely unedited Bowser Jr model. he doesn't have the glitch when the MotionEtc isn't there, and the first MotionEtc file i have doesn't have the glitch, but the second MotionEtc file has it. my theory for it is because some animations were made on one model, but other animations were made on a different model, causing the glitch.

Edit: and posted
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276883

lots of info, glitch fixes, bone hexing guide, lists of important bones, and more! [/shameless plug of my model fixing guide]

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
This is great, Snoopy, thanks!

Anyone know if BrawlBox would work on a laptop with Windows 98 and around a half gig of RAM? I don't care if it's slow, I just need to help finish what I started.

Fen__

Smash Ace

Anyone know if BrawlBox would work on a laptop with Windows 98 and around a half gig of RAM? I don't care if it's slow, I just need to help finish what I started.
BrawlBox isn't really super intensive, so you can probably deal with character models. The biggest concern would be 3D support honestly.

Zephron

Smash Ace
@Snoopy

The Lloyd project is having some difficulty in getting the scabbards to show. We also have some weird throwing glitches, so any notes you have would really be appreciated. Please post them when you can.

Anything you can do to help us fix our problems would also be extremely appreciated.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Alright, it looks that you guys are in need of some help. IF anyone wants to pm the files for bowser jr, I can help with PSA and animations.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Zephron, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276883, these are basically all the notes i have. so what do you mean by weird throwing glitches?

and DahremRuhar, as Intrepid said, we might be changing Bowser Jr models, which would cause anything we do now to be usless, but stick around though, the more help, the better.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

Very yes. I made most of Tina LeCaniche on a computer with a Pentium 3 800mHz and 320mb of RAM, running Windows XP, with Photoshop 6 on top of that, so it's possible. Granted, it had a fairly decent graphics card too (Radeon 9200 128mb), but your laptop should be fine. The model editor might be a little bit slow is all.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
WOAH. HUGE OVERSTATEMENT.

This thing has 32mb of RAM and barely emulates SNES games (my DS did better).

Modeling is out of the question, but I could do bone and texture work, right...?

EDIT: Whatta waste of post #600.
EDIT 2: AND I'd have to go to the library to download everything to a FLOPPY DISC.

AGGGH!

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I can't seem to find a year on it so I'm assuming it was invented before time was.

It also has a 4gb hdd, if you want to laugh at that, too.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I'd gladly come back when his mouth opens =]

but atm my computer is at bestbuy being fixed. it has been for awhile now ;-; ever since my hammer bro post in the fully new character archive.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
dang Intrepid, what yard sale did you find that computer from? it sounds almost as bad as my old Win 95. i should almost give you my sister's old laptop, at least it can run XP.

and DahremRuhar, what kind of problems does the NSMBWii model have? do you actually have it? depending on the problems i could probably fix them, and as long as it can open it's mouth, it should be workable.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I got the computer from my old upstairs neighbor. I can't figure out dial-up, so I'll just get my GOOD computer fixed.

Err... not the best place to post this, but my Wii friends list is kinda empty and I'm actually using it for online now instead of the X-Box. Anyone...?

1836-3158-6471-8977

Top Bottom