• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
It shouldn't be any different when using a USB loader. Try using the most recent file replacement code with just a single texture (best to make it the 00 of the character to make sure you choose the right costume) to test it.
Never mind, I got it. I was trying to just install Brawl+, but WiiFlow can only handle 255 lines of code. :dizzy:

Also, what is the 'external model viewer?' I want to start animating here, I'm actually going to try using my own body as a template for his movement. (record myself doing an animation, then move his bones to emulate mine)

Fen__

Smash Ace
Never mind, I got it. I was trying to just install Brawl+, but WiiFlow can only handle 255 lines of code. :dizzy:

Also, what is the 'external model viewer?' I want to start animating here, I'm actually going to try using my own body as a template for his movement. (record myself doing an animation, then move his bones to emulate mine)
I don't think that would work particularly well unless you are short, stubby, and don't really use your elbows/knees.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I don't think that would work particularly well unless you are short, stubby, and don't really use your elbows/knees.
I meant Shadow Mario. :laugh:

Besides, I'd ajust it so it matches his anatomy, it doesn't have to be exact, just enough to have a guideline.

Esokira

Smash Rookie
This project is great! But why doesnt shadow mario have a hat? He should have a hat, no?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Esokira, he does have his hat, it was just a bone issue i figured out after the OP pics were taken. they probably do need to be added to it though.

but anyway, i'm here more to say that i can't continue animating, my life seems to want attention for some reason. a multivariable calculus summer class isn't too easy, and i'm getting kicked out of where i'm living right now, so i can't do extensive hacking, including animating. i'll still be here if you need anything else, though.

Esokira

Smash Rookie
Ok! Srry for the stupid question, but im a huge fan of sunshine and I finished the game twice and I love shadow mario and... ya... Hes super cool. Anywase, I love this project! Im so exited for a release date! And I know its alot of work, but trust me, it will pay off! Yup. Thats about it. Well I wish you guys luck in the project!

Fen__

Smash Ace
Really sorry to hear that, Snoopy :/. Make sure to get anything you've done recently to Intrepid if you're going to be unable to continue working on it.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Agh, Snoopy too? I was just about to get on here and say I can't work on these guys for a while...

I guess the project is temporarily dead. :(

Esokira

Smash Rookie
NOOOOOO It cant be dead! :( I love this Project!!!! Plz dont tell me it will never be finished!?!? sob...

Thewill

Smash Apprentice
I wanna I help on this project, ill give shadow Mario some animations.
I've done animating before and I've done it on my Mephiles the dark.
So far I've given him wait 1 & U Taunt.

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
would it be possible to morph with Mariokarts method bowser into jr? then we could just replace bowser or keep him and have jr as a costume but thats if its possible

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
It's possible as a costume if you want him to be Ecksbawks huge. Otherwise, you can make him daddy Bowser's size and then size him down in PSA. Personally, I think Bowser Jr's models in other games are so good that using the new method to vertex him isn't really necessary. It isn't really perfect, in fact, it's far from it. I mean, it does produce some very nice results, but Mewtwo for instance has a couple of strange issues. I think, while it does mean tonnes more work, a nicer result would be achieved from using a Bowser Jr. from another game.

Good idea though.

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
It's possible as a costume if you want him to be Ecksbawks huge. Otherwise, you can make him daddy Bowser's size and then size him down in PSA. Personally, I think Bowser Jr's models in other games are so good that using the new method to vertex him isn't really necessary. It isn't really perfect, in fact, it's far from it. I mean, it does produce some very nice results, but Mewtwo for instance has a couple of strange issues. I think, while it does mean tonnes more work, a nicer result would be achieved from using a Bowser Jr. from another game.

Good idea though.
what about pik's young link he is using the new method to shrink him

Fen__

Smash Ace
would it be possible to morph with Mariokarts method bowser into jr? then we could just replace bowser or keep him and have jr as a costume but thats if its possible
The only benefit that would have would be being able to cheat with animations if it was wanted, but honestly I think it's better to not recycle animations, so it's good that this is the direction being taken. Pretty much all issues that need to be addressed for imported models have already been done. Also, being over Bowser would have the disadvantage of no Shadow Mario, which is obviously a big part of this project. Even if you did have the model as a costume for Bowser, though, he'd have Bowser's hitboxes. It'd just be weird.

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
hey intrepid in what you need help i can help you in all you want except in psa im too bad in that

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
We can help if you let us! What can I help with besides animations and psa? I will do the rest of the names, csps, finish the recolours anything! I just want to see this get completed.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps, if you're going for a "brawlified" look, I have some CSP candidates:

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
I am downloading the Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic games ISO right now. I can help rip animations if you guys let me be part of the team.

Top Bottom