• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Smash Cadet
how is this project dead

how is this project dead
i can think of other colors for bowser jonuer

Smash Cadet
sorry

some times i don't spell words right

i know this is off topic but does anyone wants to help on my ray mk project
also try makeing a texture for bowser jr to dry bowser jr

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Err, problems that the nsmbwii bowser jr has: Weird materials, lighter on some stages, darker on others. And finally size. And I used to have it until I deleted my iso. Heh. And I'm too lazy to re-rip it.

Fen__

Smash Ace
It can always be resized, and I imagine the materials problems are fixable.

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
I got the computer from my old upstairs neighbor. I can't figure out dial-up, so I'll just get my GOOD computer fixed.

Err... not the best place to post this, but my Wii friends list is kinda empty and I'm actually using it for online now instead of the X-Box. Anyone...?

1836-3158-6471-8977
Hey, I've needed someone new to play against. Although, just a sign of warning, I may be better or worse at times, as I still have no idea who my true best character is... It keeps jumping around worse than Goldeen...

When can we brawl? I'm up usually around 12 pm - 10 pm is my usual accepted playtime. Although I never actually play that long, since my parents are strict...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I got the computer from my old upstairs neighbor. I can't figure out dial-up, so I'll just get my GOOD computer fixed.

Err... not the best place to post this, but my Wii friends list is kinda empty and I'm actually using it for online now instead of the X-Box. Anyone...?

1836-3158-6471-8977
I'll add you next chance I get, InTrepidCognito, my username's Prime, and I could use something to do over the summer :laugh:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
hey i guess we can I can work on shadow mario =o but unfortunately my computah is in the shop :l

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I read what StarWaffle posted a few pages back about the model not having a mouth bone so I looked at some of my iso's and found one that did.

I'll send it to you soon but for now I'm just finishing up with some animations.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
go figure, Intrepid finally gets his computer working when my hacking computer decides to stop working. i haven't been able to do any Shadow Mario animations, but i'll send the fixed SM files after i get back from work.

and Camonsters, which game is that one from?

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
go figure, Intrepid finally gets his computer working when my hacking computer decides to stop working. i haven't been able to do any Shadow Mario animations, but i'll send the fixed SM files after i get back from work.

and Camonsters, which game is that one from?
Its from new super mario bros. wii

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Oh no...

Well, the NSMBW model LOOKS good, but...

1. Animation work is gone
2. Snoopy's bone work is gone

Oh well, maybe now that I can work again, we can get this done. Has anyone ever COMPLETED a model-swapped character?

EDIT: Can you tell me where the blue and yellow Toad models are on that there ISO? (totally unrelated)

Fen__

Smash Ace
Oh no...

Well, the NSMBW model LOOKS good, but...

1. Animation work is gone
2. Snoopy's bone work is gone

Oh well, maybe now that I can work again, we can get this done. Has anyone ever COMPLETED a model-swapped character?

EDIT: Can you tell me where the blue and yellow Toad models are on that there ISO? (totally unrelated)
A new model was being looked for either way. Both of those points were known. In addition, the new model was to make Bowser Jr. able to do things he wouldn't have been able to do before and to get StarWaffle back on the team, who actually does the animating. Also, there really wasn't that much done to the bones. It was just about figuring out what the issues were. With the experience now, it shouldn't be too problematic this time.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
All the toads are under object as Kinopio I believe. I haven't hexed it but it seems to have all their textures and around 5 models.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
what do you mean my stuff is gone? i still have everything, it's just that i can't save anything in brawlbox. it claims that the file i try to save is being used by a different program, so i haven't been able to do anything for the last week or so. i still have all my files, and i sent you what i had changed before this happened. and yes, it would only take like 10 minutes max to fix up what i did.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
what do you mean my stuff is gone? i still have everything, it's just that i can't save anything in brawlbox. it claims that the file i try to save is being used by a different program, so i haven't been able to do anything for the last week or so. i still have all my files, and i sent you what i had changed before this happened. and yes, it would only take like 10 minutes max to fix up what i did.
Oh, okay. I thought re-fixing the bones would be difficult, but there wasn't all that much wrong with Bowser Jr., huh?

News flash: I am TERRIBLE at animating.

Oh, and I have a few NSMBW .arc files I was going to get files out of, but now I don't have arcman on my computer, and it's nowhere to be found on Google. Could you send it to me, Camonsters?

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Oh, okay. I thought re-fixing the bones would be difficult, but there wasn't all that much wrong with Bowser Jr., huh?

Oh, and I have a few NSMBW .arc files I was going to get files out of, but now I don't have arcman on my computer, and it's nowhere to be found on Google. Could you send it to me, Camonsters?
Do you have msn or yahoo because I don't really feel like uploading it but I can send it to you on there.

Edit: You can try using U8Mii I know that works.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
nice job intrepid I like your promotional picture XD

anywho if bowser jr's going to breath fire couldn't you just export Charizard's flamethrower attack and import it onto bowser jr?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
thank god this project is back on track i would've been so disappointed if someone that you could so easily be in smash bros not make it

Serrix

Smash Journeyman

anywho if bowser jr's going to breath fire couldn't you just export Charizard's flamethrower attack and import it onto bowser jr?
If I remember correctly, Bowser Jr. has never breathed fire in a stream like Bowser or Charizard. He's always done it in little fireballs.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Yeah, his fireball will (hopefully) be a charge up and fire neutral special, just because it was in his animations for NSMBW.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
okay, so i figured out that brawlbox doesn't totally hate me, i figured out today that i can still save animations, changes to textures, and collision data on stages, but nothing else. so basically, i'm going to finally start on the Shadow Mario animations, since i can at least do that much.

Fen__

Smash Ace
okay, so i figured out that brawlbox doesn't totally hate me, i figured out today that i can still save animations, changes to textures, and collision data on stages, but nothing else. so basically, i'm going to finally start on the Shadow Mario animations, since i can at least do that much.
Have you tried asking about your issues in the BrawlBox thread? There are only so many things that could cause BrawlBox to stop working on a machine that it previously worked on.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace

I can do animation,. I was terrible at animation too, until I discovered an unusual method. Heh :)

No, you couldn't because charizards fire is not an article, its an external graphic effect. No ones figured out how to edit those yet.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i've asked in there, but no one is either sure how to make it work or they kind of dont care because it's such an obscure problem.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I can do animation,. I was terrible at animation too, until I discovered an unusual method. Heh :)

No, you couldn't because charizards fire is not an article, its an external graphic effect. No ones figured out how to edit those yet.
I'll send you the models when I get time so you can animate. Out of curiousity, what's your "unusual method?"

The File Replacement Code is not working for me, and I need that to test in-game and get NSMBW Bowser Jr. over Zelda. Does anyone else launch Brawl over a USB Loader, and if so, could someone send me their GCT?

Fen__

Smash Ace
It shouldn't be any different when using a USB loader. Try using the most recent file replacement code with just a single texture (best to make it the 00 of the character to make sure you choose the right costume) to test it.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
My unusual method is exporting the model as an md5, using an alternate brres/pac viewer. That makes it fully rigged. I then import it into blender where I do each fame of the animation I'm making. Then for each frame I have blender tell me the transformation values which I then type into brawlbox.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Does that make it easier to animate? I hear that animating in BrawlBox is difficult because you can't drag and drop.

Top Bottom