• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Marcel06.21.1995

Smash Cadet
sorry, i found that thread today and i want test the beta version of the baby bowser and shadow mario
but the download is broaken.
Somebody can post another download? thanks ^^
and sorry for my bad english :O

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Gah, I meant SHADOW Mario, as in the one over Sheik.

I'll try this, though. So far Link and Toon Link are the only ones fully replaceable over each other from just renaming files, but I got most of Mario over Sheik, so why not?

If we do end up needing a Sheik version, though, can you please PM it to me?

is that the download for baby bowser and shadow mario? because the other download
postet by InTrepidCognito did not go
... sorry for my bad english
You DARE call him 'Baby Bowser?!'

What wrong witch'you?

Matteron

Smash Ace
It's easy to make, even I, who does not know how to PSA for his life, can do it.
Just open the pac in Smash attacks and change the attributes.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's that easy.

I just did it in 30 seconds and didn't even test it--so if something's off, I probably don't know.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Hey Intrepid, about Bowser Jr's stage, why not add the rain-effect from Distant Planet? As like in the Airship stages from SMB3 All-Stars edition.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Hey Intrepid, about Bowser Jr's stage, why not add the rain-effect from Distant Planet? As like in the Airship stages from SMB3 All-Stars edition.
OH.

Great idea! I've been thinking about redoing it with three more Airships floating slowly in the background, but I'll loop it like they're going past the main one.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
dang, i think i almost killed the thread a while back... anyways, i've likewise been rather busy, life decided like punching me in the face, stupid college. but i have been able to do a few things with these files.

the first thing is this, i think i know why Shadow Mario's hat doesn't show up. i think it's something in the way Sheik is loaded that prevents brawl from loading it. it almost seems like a switch of sort, which is why it loads the hat when he has a smash ball, but not otherwise. Mario's hat is a seperate model, and when he has a smash ball, brawl then flips the switch to load the smash ball aura model, which then also loads the hat. i then loaded Mario on Zelda to see if that would work, but it ended up being exactly the same as on Sheik. so my theory was that the hat might load on a character that has extra models in it, like swords or hammers. i tried on Lucas, no hat. i tried on Ness, no hat. i tried on Olimar, and the hat actually showed up. so basically saying, Shadow Mario will be hatless, because i think it's hard coded into the fighters how their loaded.

the second thing i've tried was this, swaping BJ to be on Sheik, and SM to Zelda. the reason is because then the bone structures match up a lot better, Mario and Zelda's TransN bone is 7, Sheiks is 2, and BJ's would be 1. BJ ended up slightly worse, because the HipN started messing with the animations a bit, but SM worked perfectly, as in he could actually move his hips.

so i haven't been neglecting this project, i've just been busy with life, and helping a few other people with their models and projects and stuff. so Intrepid, since i probably scared away Starwaffle and Guy, i could probably help with some animating. i dont have much experience with it, but i'm willing to try. i could do either BJ or SM. oh, and did you ever try redoing the animations on an unedited model to see if that got rid of the item grab glitch? and have you heard anything from RandomTBush about the actuall paintbrush model?

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Why not try and usa psa to load his hat like Mr.Weegee used to for tails to load his head and tails.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Why not try and usa psa to load his hat like Mr.Weegee used to for tails to load his head and tails.
This. Can't the hat simply be placed in a similar way as Majora's Mask on Toon Link or how the brush is going to be placed?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
actually, since it's a full character replacement, it's actually a pretty decent idea, although i have no idea how to do it myself. maybe Mr. Weegee could help (hint hint), or at least explain if it's possible. the way Majora's Mask was placed on Toon Link was with the sword glow replacement, and i dont think we could do it that way on Sheik or Zelda, but maybe the way Mr. Weegee did it with Tails could be applied here. but then the hat might be the same color on each costume... maybe if we just skip the hat altogether? (hopes i dont get hit for such nonsense)

Fen__

Smash Ace
actually, since it's a full character replacement, it's actually a pretty decent idea, although i have no idea how to do it myself. maybe Mr. Weegee could help (hint hint), or at least explain if it's possible. the way Majora's Mask was placed on Toon Link was with the sword glow replacement, and i dont think we could do it that way on Sheik or Zelda, but maybe the way Mr. Weegee did it with Tails could be applied here. but then the hat might be the same color on each costume... maybe if we just skip the hat altogether? (hopes i dont get hit for such nonsense)
Someone should PM Mr. Weegee to ask him about the specifics. Since Shadow Mario has the hat when he actually appears in the game, I think it's much more desirable to get the hat working than to give up prematurely.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
actually, since it's a full character replacement, it's actually a pretty decent idea, although i have no idea how to do it myself. maybe Mr. Weegee could help (hint hint), or at least explain if it's possible. the way Majora's Mask was placed on Toon Link was with the sword glow replacement, and i dont think we could do it that way on Sheik or Zelda, but maybe the way Mr. Weegee did it with Tails could be applied here. but then the hat might be the same color on each costume..
OR you can ask me, because I know how to do it also.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hey, question here about the grab glitch fix. Did Snoopy completely remove all of the side effects from being grabbed and thrown? I read in the OP that it was fixed, but I was curious if that meant the thrown portion since that's currently the issue Lloyd is having, but being grabbed is already fine.
Thanks in advanced for helping a fellow project out.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
basically to fix the grab glitch, your character needs a HipN bone at the same index that the character your replacing has. like, if the replaced character has his at bone 7, then you would rename bone 7 to HipN and it should get rid of it. it may make the T-pose look weird in game, but it usually doesn't affect animations.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
This fixes the thrown issue too? Lloyd gets tossed very far into the air with throws, but grabs are working fine on him. If you don't know what I mean, pick it up in the thread and test it.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Well, you could've just posted the pics here, but I looked through it and...

1. The main picture has characters on it
2. The icon is a pic from SMG and doesn't look much like the stage
3. The stage is called 'Airship Armada'
4. It doesnt have the Super Mario Galaxy logo, just blankish-ness

I really hate to criticize this, it looks like you did a fair amount of work on it. :urg:

So, what's being worked on right now?
I forgot...

Oh yeah, animations and PSA.

QUESTION:

Is there a way to switch the offsets of two polygons? If so, I could switch polygon 3 (the hat that doesn't appear) for polygon 12 (the tufts of hair the hat should be covering) and kill two birds with one stone.

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
dont worry i can take critisism i can fix everything but the logo is where i got confused since its not a space stage i kinda took it as a stage that just made for a character like wario's stage it has no logo. the name is fix able and the icon too but as for the stage picture ill need a empty picture for that
---------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Okay i did everything again but if some one like to make a better Super Mario Galaxy that would be nice. here are the pictures
------------------------------
Edit 3: i fixed the logo glitch but anyone is still up to changing the logo

Top Bottom