• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Mario doesn't have more bones, i just had to rename some of them to match Sheik's indexes. Mario and Sheik conveniently have the same number of bones, but Mario's TransN is 7, while Sheik's is 2. thats why Shadow Mario has TransN2 and the others was to match Sheik's bone structure so he could move properly, the bones with 2 at the end are Mario's originals, i just needed to change them so brawl wouldn't get confused. and i don't know why some would be floating. but Guy, when you start Shadow Mario's animations, just animate Mario, and then insert the animations into Shadow Mario's MotionEtc file, and it should work just fine.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Problem is I tried that; it still moves and freaks out. Problem is most likely because you renamed the bones, not reindexing them; doing that makes new CHR0s need those bones (I guess I could just animate him this way, but it's still rather messy, which usually leads to a disaster in BrawlBox D: ). Really all you needed to reindex was TransN and the RotNs, everything else could have been left alone. :p

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
then try this Guy, try renaming the bones with 2 at the end to something completely random (i like blah), and see if that doesn't help. it might be causing issues because brawl is still trying to recognize both sets of TransN and others, so renaming the secondary ones might help. if not, then i'm out of ideas for animating Shadow Mario.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
cool themes, did you customize them urself?
Yup, except I stole the base songs from Super Mario Galaxy (Bowser Jr.) and Super Mario Sunshine (Shadow Mario).

I think those themes don't fit at all :(
Blegh, I don't see why you think that. I guess you're the one that rated it one star?

Thanks, bro!

EDIT: I didn't like the CSPs the way they are, so this:

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Yup, except I stole the base songs from Super Mario Galaxy (Bowser Jr.) and Super Mario Sunshine (Shadow Mario).

Blegh, I don't see why you think that. I guess you're the one that rated it one star?

Thanks, bro!

EDIT: I didn't like the CSPs the way they are, so this:

yo you need to seperate them lmao so we can use them )

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Um...what phase of this are we on?

I think it's getting animations to work properly, right?

*Waves popcorn in the air and starts muttering unintelligibly, then nods over and goes to sleep*

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Um...what phase of this are we on?

I think it's getting animations to work properly, right?

*Waves popcorn in the air and starts muttering unintelligibly, then nods over and goes to sleep*
Err... I guess.

I don't see why Shadow Mario is "un-animatable," just work with what's there, the Mario CHR0s are filler...

If you want to help, Weegee, then you'd make me a happy person. Can you make Shadow Mario a little bit lighter and faster?

yo you need to seperate them lmao so we can use them )
You get that when it's released.

What, are you going to play as Zelda with Bowser Jr. CSPs?

Oh, I forgot, BJr. makes everything better.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Err... I guess.

I don't see why Shadow Mario is "un-animatable," just work with what's there, the Mario CHR0s are filler...

If you want to help, Weegee, then you'd make me a happy person. Can you make Shadow Mario a little bit lighter and faster?

You get that when it's released.

What, are you going to play as Zelda with Bowser Jr. CSPs?

Oh, I forgot, BJr. makes everything better.
.....yes,hoping noone would know....

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I'll just have to replace Sheik's model and textures again, then animate him I guess. You didn't understand why he's currently just...unusable. xD

Lemme go tinker.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

Thanks, bro!
I meant that they don't fit with the other victory themes. They don't even sound like victory themes either. What's wrong with using the regular Mario victory? Bowser uses it.

I suppose it's optional to use them, which is why I didn't go on to say those last two sentences in my previous post.

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
I meant that they don't fit with the other victory themes. They don't even sound like victory themes either. What's wrong with using the regular Mario victory? Bowser uses it.

I suppose it's optional to use them, which is why I didn't go on to say those last two sentences in my previous post.
I have to agree. The Shadow Mario one especially. Bowser Jr. one's okay. Couldn't you use the same theme for both, like Zelda/Sheik was? But use a different one. Something that would fit both, since they're even from the same game, perhaps use one from that game only. Although I think it is strange that Bowser uses the same victory theme as Mario, when Meta Knight gets a different one than Kirby or King Dedede...

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I dunno if people care, but I am starting on a completely custom animation set for Falco. However, due to availability ( of Windows computers, and sometimes personal laziness) it will take a long time to do. His Wait1 is done, and I have started on his Wait2, I soon hope to have a complete list of completely custom animations. After that, a texture will follow accordingly...However, for the last part...I will require assistance.

Wait 1 is 80 frames, Wait2 is a whopping 220. Wait3 may end up being bigger or smaller depending on how well I can animate it.

BTW, what is the max FitMotion file size for Falco (or all characters)?

Fen__

Smash Ace
I dunno if people care, but I am starting on a completely custom animation set for Falco. However, due to availability ( of Windows computers, and sometimes personal laziness) it will take a long time to do. His Wait1 is done, and I have started on his Wait2, I soon hope to have a complete list of completely custom animations. After that, a texture will follow accordingly...However, for the last part...I will require assistance.

Wait 1 is 80 frames, Wait2 is a whopping 220. Wait3 may end up being bigger or smaller depending on how well I can animate it.

BTW, what is the max FitMotion file size for Falco (or all characters)?
I'm genuinely interested in this project, but...why is this in the Bowser Jr. thread?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Mainly cause of the following.

1) The animations are currently the only thing I am working on, so there are no screen shots for it, nor are their videos (obviously). I will work mainly on the animations I currently have listed on the .brres file. (Which will replace all the FitFalcoMotion.pac files when it is done). Everything from the Specials to the Taunts will be completely new ( but the concepts may not, it depends).

Here is what I plan to give Falco.

-A mostly sword-based move set from the ground up.
-Specials that can be related to, or that at least reference to the fighting style he will use, while trying to mix it with his previous fighting style.
-A completely custom Final Smash of Epic proportion. (or at least, that is what I want to do), but making an original Final Smash is going to be hard.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Um...it sounds good, but this thread is about Bowser Jr.

The maximum amount for the FitPersonMotionEtc varies on the character, I think.

But generally, animations that you make take up less file size than Nintendo's original ones.

Top Bottom