• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Q: How come the old man in the Dragon's Den hasn't given me my Dratini? I already answered the questions and got the badge from Clair.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think you didn't answer the right ones... which is strange because one of my friends got one even though he answered all teh wrong ones...

Mewter

Smash Master
They are ready to give it to you after you have talked to Clair at the mouth of the cave.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Speaking of this extremespeed Dratini, does anyone know if the anti-lead Dragonite works <.<;

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Question here, if you make a top 20 worst pokemon list in your blog with pictures and everything, it wouldn't get closed THERE right?

I felt like making one since I found Bidoof, Magikarp, and Dunsparce next to each other in my PC XD

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I approve as long as Mightyena is in it.(May have spelled it wrong) Biggest disappointment in my pokelife since I leveled Dunsparce into the 60's thinking it'd evolve.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Question here, if you make a top 20 worst pokemon list in your blog with pictures and everything, it wouldn't get closed THERE right?

I felt like making one since I found Bidoof, Magikarp, and Dunsparce next to each other in my PC XD
DUnsparce is too much win
a flying snake=win
I love Dunsparce

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ You ever wonder about the first guy to ever find a magikarp (in pokeworld)? I bet he was scared with magikarp evolved... <.<

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The same could be said about Feebas, but let's keep this on topic now.

Q: What can an Ambipom sans Fake Out abuse in-game? I have Double Hit, and am pretty much lost on anything else.

-Terywj

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
The same could be said about Feebas, but let's keep this on topic now.

Q: What can an Ambipom sans Fake Out abuse in-game? I have Double Hit, and am pretty much lost on anything else.

-Terywj
Payback is a good choice with technician. From there choose between Iron Tail/Dig/Rock Smash.

If you've already beaten the Elite 4 consider elemental punches/Brick Break/Aerial Ace.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Q: Can someone tell me where all the "day-of-the-week" kids are? I want to finish collecting the type-boosting items from them, but don't know where to find them.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can someone tell me an easy way to gain experience?

I call my entire phone list and none of them want to battle with me...

I swear this was easier in Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby where there were about 10 trainers at a time who wanted to battle you.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Q: Can someone tell me where all the "day-of-the-week" kids are? I want to finish collecting the type-boosting items from them, but don't know where to find them.
Sunny (Sunday): Route south of Ecruteak.
Monica (Monday): Route west of Olivine
Tuscany (Tuesday): Route west of New Bark.
Wesley (Wednesday): Lake of Rage
Arthur (Thursday): Sudowoodo route; route west of Violet
Freida (Friday): Route south of Violet; near the Pokemon Center
Santos (Saturday): Blackthorn

Also, seconding ^.

Mewter

Smash Master
They're all like Ash Ketchums.
Maybe he cloned himself in 1st gen.

Kantō

Smash Champion
hey where can i find good EV training hotspots in soul silver. also how does the hidden power move work if u want it for a certain type.

ex. i want hidden power ice for my espeon. how does that work? does it use ice every time?

HomeTownHero

Smash Rookie
What special events are there for Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver? Like, the Spikey Eared Pichu for example? :)

Mewter

Smash Master
Pichu: Then you get Spikey-eared-Pichu. You need the Shiny Pichu from Wi-Fi.
Celebi: You don't catch it, but you use one you receive from Nintendo to venture into the past and view what Giovanni was doing during his hiatus. You need a special Celebi from Nintendo, not just any run-of-the-mill Celebi. It's not out yet.
Lati@s: Catch the other Lati that isn't usually catchable in your version. You need the Enigma Crystal.

That's it, I think.

HomeTownHero

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I'm not to far in the game cause I grind train hardcore.. So it's just a specific Celebi then? And I saw an Arceus event but wasn't sure if it was real or not.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
There's more

Yellow Woods (tomorrow): Pokewalker course for Surfing and Flying Pikachu
Mew: I dunno when this is coming out but I know of its existence
Jirachi (terminated): Night Sky's Edge is unlocked for Pokewalker
Rally: Dunno when but this new Pokewalker course will bring some pokemon like Croagunk
Sightseeing (pokewalker course): Good for people who have HeartGold because this one has a Meowth and for those who didn't pick Torchick as their Hoenn starter can get one here
Winner's Path(Pokewalker course): I know you can get a Beldum from here
Amity Meadow: You can get all teh original baby pokemon from here
Arceus: Can get a lvl 1 Dialga, Palkia, Giratina

I THINK there's a Darkrai and Shaymin event, but I heard these as rumors from my friends

Man it sucks that you can't do the Celebi event with ANY Celebi. It has to be that specific Celebi :mad: I want to be able to say that I was able to pwn Giovanni's *** XD

HomeTownHero

Smash Rookie
Looks like I'll miss out on all that wonderfulness since I can't get in to the whole wi-fi thing. oh well. Meganium for the win.:chuckle:

Mewter

Smash Master
No problem!
So it's just a specific Celebi then?
Yes.
And I saw an Arceus event but wasn't sure if it was real or not.
An Arceus event was unveiled at Toys R Us just recently for the US. They gave away an Arceus knowing Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Shadow Force, and Judgement, but now it's over. The UK Arceus event is still running though (at select game stores.)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
An Arceus event was unveiled at Toys R Us just recently for the US. They gave away an Arceus knowing Spacial Rend, Roar of Time, Shadow Force, and Judgement, but now it's over. The UK Arceus event is still running though (at select game stores.)
How long ago was THAT!

If it was during HGSS I could've gotten it :mad:

Mewter

Smash Master
It was before HGSS came out.
I remember specifically because I was standing outside of Toys R Us in a hoodie, popping DS games into my DS and downloading the event for just Platinum and Diamond version.

So now I have two of them. *hint hint*

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah

I feel better because if this was during HGSS's release, I would've been pissed like when I missed out on Jirachi and Pichu (even though the Spiky Eared Pichu really isn't worth it because of its horrible stats and I ended up getting the Pokewalker course anyways...)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys I'm possibly considering getting involved in pokemon (I've got some of the games, but I mean competitively) but I'm only interested in the RBY metagame, so I just have a few questions-

I understand the RBY metagame is pretty dodgy, so is there alot of activity on Netbattle?

Is UU often played in RBY?

Do IVs and EVs apply in RBY?

If I'm the OT of a pokemon, if I trade it and get it back, do I still get the exp. boost?

Can I still do all the cheats (duplication, Mew etc.) I'm using the catridge in the GB Tower in Pokemon Stadium?

Thanks in advance.

Mewter

Smash Master
If I'm the OT of a pokemon, if I trade it and get it back, do I still get the exp. boost?

Can I still do all the cheats (duplication, Mew etc.) I'm using the catridge in the GB Tower in Pokemon Stadium?
Hey, Dre.! :laugh:
No to the first question, yes to the second one.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hey guys I'm possibly considering getting involved in pokemon (I've got some of the games, but I mean competitively) but I'm only interested in the RBY metagame, so I just have a few questions-

I understand the RBY metagame is pretty dodgy, so is there alot of activity on Netbattle?

Yeah.

Is UU often played in RBY?

Not as much as standard (4th Gen.) but yeah.

Do IVs and EVs apply in RBY?

Nope. DV's exist in GSC I recall.

Not that I know of, since you were the OT.

-

Thanks in advance.
Quoted in lime, haha. Welcome to the PokeCenter!

-Terywj

Top Bottom