• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Mewter

Smash Master
Of course it worked in the first slot. It works in any slot!
The Pokemon just has to be next to the infected one.

Mewter

Smash Master
Worked for me like a charm.
It's how I spread Pokerus while I go through the E4. :laugh:

And I just demonstrated it with wild Pokemon. I could take pics if you'd like.

Mewter

Smash Master
Better yet, I'll upload a Youtube vid. :)
Just give me a couple of minutes.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think that you'd be able to spread it without having the wanted infectee battle too right? Otherwise that messes up some of the EV's (if you're EV training in the first place).

-Terywj

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Actually, HGSS runs off the same game engine as Platinum, which is why it still has the weather glitch. Thus, Pokerus is still the same.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The reason why the glitch happens is somewhat complicated and ********.

In the long run, they just didn't have enough registry space somewhere and were too lazy to add more, Pursuit goes beyond the registry in those conditions and breaks the game.
They could simply fixed the glitch by allowing more space in a SINGLE AREA.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Okay, prepare for rng questions.
Okay when rnging in HG/SS, you need to have your sid and id, then get a pokemon at lv 50 or higher from the wild.
Then what?
The smogon tut makes no sense to me, so someones gonna need to walk me through this :)

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if it's the same inHG/SS, but click "generate seed by stat" in the seed finder input all the information there, and click "generate". You should have your seed there. But before we use the seed, do this about 4-5 times to see your delay and the number of seconds it took you to click "continue" on the start screen. This is for calibration purposes. Remember, you have to synchronize your DS clock to the outside world. Then, reset at the new minutes and do this.

Mewter

Smash Master
You're better off RNG'ing with DPPt, anyways.
It's not so hard to get hold of the SID, RNG progressing stuff, etc.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I always get Rich Boy regardless of my name or anything.

Its happened so much its getting annoying.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Same here, I've been a Rich Boy in Diamond too. But I never checked with the person in Violet. Where exactly or who exactly do I talk to?

-Terywj

Mewter

Smash Master
Violet City. Upper part of the Pokemon Center on the left. It's an Ace Trainer.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Since no one has answered my plea for help, can someone teach me how to use the Safari Zone? I don't understand the chart on Bulbapedia they use to show all the capturable pokemon there. I really need a Riolu to get people to start trading more rares to me. The Larvitar I caught there just isn't doing it anymore. People are bored of it and I need a new breathtaking sensation

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Thanks, Mewter. And again, the only plausible option was being a Rich Boy, which I don't mind since I wouldn't mind being rich. :p

Roacherman you just adjust the zones to make whatever you need appear.

-Terywj

supermarth64

Smash Ace
If I'm reading it correctly, you need 24 points of blocks (aka those placeable things) in the Grassland area before you can catch Budew in that area.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I put up the correct number of blocks for Riolu and I still haven't found him even though I've hunted for it for a long time :mad:

Top Bottom