• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Well to quote myself from the confirmed character thread: "She looks nice, but she looks a whole lot more frilly o.o She's like a walking doily >.>"

I'm just glad she's back though, one of my favourite characters, and she'll stay that way, frilly or not :chuckle:

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I was worried that she wouldnt have her turnips. but Sakurai pretty much confirmed everything with her. with the few screenshots and with what he said. Zelda is still a mystery because we dont know if she will be getting a Sheik transformation. well we didnt see it yet. she seems pretty unchanged ans im not complaining. I think every character will get at least one new move. because I doubt Sakurai would leav a character totally unchanged.

Rapiido

Smash Cadet
Wow she looks amazing. .___.

HOWEVER. It doesn't look like any part of the dress moves except for... err... I dunno what to call the. The "outside". Like.. the different layers all move together and not seperately like real life dresses do.

Oh well. Props to Sakurai for the DESIGN of the dress. <3

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
her dress moves, when she is running on the stairs you can see her shoes, also about the downsmash being lowered,.......hopefully

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
NO!!!!!!! DSMASH NEEDS NO NERFING!!!!!

The low tier chars just need De-Nerfification!
true...hopefully smash dont becomes like marvel vs capcom where only like 4 players were to use if someone wanted to win.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
I don't think Smash can be that stupid...

There are just SO many options of possible improvements for each character that instead of downgrading the good ones, upgrade the bad ones. This whole game should really only be an UPGRADE from melee. And that applies to everything.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

HOWEVER. It doesn't look like any part of the dress moves except for... err... I dunno what to call the. The "outside". Like.. the different layers all move together and not seperately like real life dresses do.

Honestly, I gazed at her for about ten minutes...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yes, Peach is in brawl, and from what I read on the site, she still has her Float. So maybe, Float cancel will be the same as it is in melee? Or better, worst? it be ashame if we have to L-cancel her FC. Im so dieing to see how it would be this time. I so hope they keep her Float cancel techs as it is in Melee. It made Peach very cool and quite technical. Oh and faster

Master Peach

Smash Ace
It a great day for all peach users. Peach is confirmed, and She cuter than ever XD!!! This is the best update ever (for me anyways). Peach players rejoice. Your Character has come!! ^^

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

I disappointed as well with the dress and it's... flatness. But I realized it's probably for the best. As all those layers flapping around when fighting would look odd, wouldn't you say?

Eagle

Smash Lord
Notice this picture

Now, I don't use peach much but I'm pretty sure she can't have her umbrella out unless shes in mid-air, and I don't think shes in mid-air here.

Perhaps, this could mean a new move? I think the side+b could do with a changing.

Although, if it's not a new move it could just be her taunt.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Notice this picture

Now, I don't use peach much but I'm pretty sure she can't have her umbrella out unless shes in mid-air, and I don't think shes in mid-air here.

Perhaps, this could mean a new move? I think the side+b could do with a changing.

i thought she was just going to have it out all the time. since some of her pics dont show that, well, i still might have hope i guess.
aaah. Toad is still her sheild. wut does that mean for the Toad fans? oh well. she looks awesome ttho!!!XD

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Notice this picture

Taunt.. Defenetly.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I hate how everyone favors Peach over Zelda. I main both, but still, Zelda deserves more credit. Still, she looks nice!

hectichobo

Smash Ace
We only got 2 this week because we got none last week... I hope we continue to have 2 a week. =)

Tanea

Smash Ace
I hate how everyone favors Peach over Zelda. I main both, but still, Zelda deserves more credit. Still, she looks nice!
i can agree but i also main both but im a lot better with peach than with zelda and maybe
her umberlla has been added to her >smash

Puffs

Smash Ace
Actually, I main Sheik so naturally I favor Zelda. I'm not much of a Peach player, but it's great to see her return.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
aaah. Toad is still her sheild. wut does that mean for the Toad fans? oh well. she looks awesome ttho!!!XD
It means they should start worrying and/or accepting its fate.

I've favored Peach since Super Mario Bros 2, so it's only natural that I use Peach over Zelda.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Right before I saw someone thinking Peach looked like some doll, I was thinking something did seem strange about her facial expressions. One moment when I look at her, there's actual expression, but another moment I'm looking, I see a lifeless expression. I just can't quite put my finger on it, but anyone else understand where I'm coming from?

That seems to be the only screen shot where I don't think she has a lifeless expression.

PS: She really seems to be enjoying beating Mario up, the man who saved her for many, many years. I know, she would look the same doing that move to anyone, but that's beside the point.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
True, I have to admit, Zelda looks like she got one hell of a upgrade when in concerns for looks.

And you never know. Most low tiers might get stronger. Because sakurai weaken top tiers in Smash 64.

As for peach, she looks beautiful. From Sakurai's description, it sounds like most of the Melee moves will be back, including the float cancel and toad. Hopefully, the turnips will be there too.

Finally, all peach players can rest in peace.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
Right before I saw someone thinking Peach looked like some doll, I was thinking something did seem strange about her facial expressions. One moment when I look at her, there's actual expression, but another moment I'm looking, I see a lifeless expression. I just can't quite put my finger on it, but anyone else understand where I'm coming from?

That seems to be the only screen shot where I don't think she has a lifeless expression.

PS: She really seems to be enjoying beating Mario up, the man who saved her for many, many years. I know, she would look the same doing that move to anyone, but that's beside the point.

yeh man i totally know what you mean...but i think once she;s in action she'll light up--her main pic is dismal and frightening...blank expression indeed...but hopefully in the upcoming updates we'll see her more in action

i'm not crazy about her umbrella...that heart handle is really unnecessary, and the frills on the end aren;t so nice --but thats ok as long as it can still close and reopen in mid air (crosses fingers)

i;m glad to hear that her moveset is probably gonna be the same based on what sakurai has shown us

i just really hope she can still instant float....because she would not be the same at all without that

her side b move should either be modified to have more range and faster execution or replaced by something else entirely

and i think having a SPP final smash is totally in order

i'd love to see her get hella pissed while owning everything on screen!

anyways...yeh...i have a few issues with the new peach....as i expected i would since i;m so used melee peach --but all in all she looks pretty darn good (minus the blank expression)

i hope she;s got a white dress still...and maybe something else not so frilly lol--and also...i want my turnips! and btw...peach does NOT need to be nerfed...as others and myself have said everyone else needs to be brought up to the high tier level so we get a really balanced intense game--end of discussion---the only modification to Dsmash that might need to happen is so that people don;t get STUCK in it so easily....for instance characters like falco who are fairly heavy get stuck right in there and rack up 60-70% instantly...maybe they could alter it so people don't get stuck in the tornado that is peach's womb

oh and finally...speaking of peach's womb.....she better still have the same up air move

i need to be able to flaunt my v@gina while i take out the competition! lmao

i'm just so glad to finally see mah peche finally confirmed : )

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
I dont think they should nerf anyone, just bring everyone else up to par enough to have the least useful character on the roster be mid tier at the worst. Bowser got an improvement with the announcement of heavies not flinching during some of their moves, so it sounds plausible that the bottom tiers will get some love this time around.

EDIT: Just saw the posts above mine. She's not the only character that is charged of being broken, and she's not the one I hear the most *****ing about. People ***** about Sheik, Marth, Fox, and Falco also. Yes, her dsmash is a total pain with its good damage, priority, and range. So just say "nerf the dsmash, not Peach as a whole". That I can agree with, being a Peach user. No one should get the nerf treatment, because people will always ***** no matter what. It's human nature unfortunately.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I dont think they should nerf anyone, just bring everyone else up to par enough to have the least useful character on the roster be mid tier at the worst. Bowser got an improvement with the announcement of heavies not flinching during some of their moves, so it sounds plausible that the bottom tiers will get some love this time around.
Sounds reasonable. But would it be so bad if the high tiers and low tier met each other half way? Bowser and Ness (if he returns) could be brought up to mid-tier status while Peach and Fox could be brought down to mid tier status. That would make things more fair, in my view.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
The down smash has a pretty unreasonable hit box, if you ask me. Otherwise Peach was a great character.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Peach, on the whole, is not broken in Melee. Yeah she has dsmash, turnips, and float canceling, but the rest of Peach = meh. The top tiers still have way more potential than Peach does, especially when it comes to getting KOs. They're way more deserving of nerfs than Peach.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Peach, on the whole, is not broken in Melee. Yeah she has dsmash, turnips, and float canceling, but the rest of Peach = meh. The top tiers still have way more potential than Peach does, especially when it comes to getting KOs. They're way more deserving of nerfs than Peach.
I sort of agree with that. Fox, Falco, Marth and Shiek are more broken. But it still would be a good idea to tone down Peach's down-B, in my opinion.

Top Bottom