• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What? That's... that's awesome. Star Fox needs cybernetic enhancements. I think I'd like Krystal more if she had a robo-arm. Yep.
That'd actually be pretty cool if she had a robotic arm.

Also, how come I haven't posted here before?

Krystal haz mah support.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Then I suppose bikinis are x-rated too.

Do you see anyone in a bikini in smash bros? Thought so.....

And besides. Swim wear and a battle outfit are two completely different things.

A loin cloth and a small strapless armor bra (or whatever it is) is x-rated. This aint the Dead or Alive series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Same level of skin exposure.

And Krystal's outfit is anything but X-Rated. It was in a T rated game for crying out loud. Not even DOA goes X-Rated with their outfits. If you want X-Rated, look up naughty pictures.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
it all depends on your definition and standard of "x-rated". I just think its a gross outfit ;) (that appeals to furries)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I might as well say Miss Fit's outfit is X-Rated. I mean, look at that exposed mid-riff, the figure hugging yoga pants and the side boob from her tank top.

Kimochi warui.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I do think it's true that the primal-bikini wouldn't be Krystal's outfit. A bikini level of skin exposure doesn't seem very Smash in the first place... while Smash is T for Teen, I don't think it'll ever be because of implied sexual themes.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yet we have Pokemon prancing around nude. Make up your goddamn minds, people!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I have a gut feeling that Krystal will wear her outfit from Assault (her Adventures attire will be an alternate attire) and will replace either Falco or Wolf to keep with the tradition of one new Star Fox character per game

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I feel as if her (and any newcomers') chances are completely unrelated to veterans returning/adding other reps to the series or"overrepresenting it," which I personally feel is only a problem to us lowly speculators.

I think it ultimately boils down to whether or not Sakurai noticed her popularity, thinks she could be a unique/worthy addition, and whether or not time constraints/priority for other characters (both veterans and newcomers) deals her a bad hand. I also very well acknowledge she may not even have been considered (again, not for the whole "the series is complete/well represented enough" view).

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I have a gut feeling that Krystal will wear her outfit from Assault (her Adventures attire will be an alternate attire) and will replace either Falco or Wolf to keep with the tradition of one new Star Fox character per game

I have a gut feeling she won't be in the game at all and Falco and Wolf will stay. ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have a gut feeling she won't be in the game at all and Falco and Wolf will stay. ;)
Honestly DarkKry, what is the point of frequenting a character support thread of a character you clearly don't support if all you have to say is negative? It really doesn't add anything constructive most of the time. We already know your opinions on Krystal.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
i think i've been plenty constructive without stepping out of bounds or breaking the rules.

saying something mundane like "krystral sucks/ is horrible" ,which I've never said in this thread, is what i consider to be "not constructive". Everything i discussed regarding Krystal has always been with her chances in being Smash. Same with Geno or any other character i don't think is going to be in.

Even with the outfit, she would likely not use that outfit if she were to miraculously be put in smash (and yes, i personally do not like the SF Adventures outfit either).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
i dont think you see pokemon with clothes on much...
What about Jigglypuff and her FABULOUS hats? Speaking of which, she needs that Melee headband back.

But I was being facetious with that comeback. This thread reminds me of how Smashboards is the one place I've ever been to that treats the arbitrary meaning of words as a matter of life or death.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What about Jigglypuff and her FABULOUS hats? Speaking of which, she needs that Melee headband back.
Jigglypuff is far more FABULOUS than any character in the history of fiction.

In fact, if Ghirahim was planned, Jigglypuff would replace him before release because she has more FABULOUSNESS than him. Nothing is more FABULOUS than a red flower, a green headband, a garden hat, a rep and white top hat, a set of bows, and a crown like Peach's, all placed on top of a pink female puffball.

FABULOUS!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Even more fabulous than Marth?
Her FABULOUSNESS level if too high to be compared to Marth.

Or Marht for that matter.

Marth and Ghirahim need help from Kirby, after all, he was the one to introduce Jigglypuff to her FABULOUS flower! Kirby is the true master of FABULOUSNESS!!!

Also-

But I was being facetious with that comeback. This thread reminds me of how Smashboards is the one place I've ever been to that treats the arbitrary meaning of words as a matter of life or death.
Agreed.

This is one of the reasons why it is difficult for me to have a discussion on the roster prediction discussion thread.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I would think the other reason is it gets hard typing with your face tentacles/crab hands.

Also nothing is more fabulous than Martha. Who is this "Marth" you speak of?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I would think the other reason is it gets hard typing with your face tentacles/crab hands.

Also nothing is more fabulous than Martha. Who is this "Marth" you speak of?
Kuma got me saying Marth instead of Martha. (Jiggs is still more FABULOUS than everyone)

And are you going to make a joke about every single avatar I use?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I think if krystal gets in she will be wearing the assault outfit possibly mixed with pink, the adventures outfit would be an unlockable costume at best but this really depends if sakurai finally gets on board and starts giving out secondary unlockable costumes to all the characters like wario has.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yes, let's discuss who can capture her moansvoice best. I thought Alésia Glidewell (her VA in Assault, as well as her and ZSS' VA in Brawl) did a fine job.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes, let's discuss who can capture her moansvoice best. I thought Alésia Glidewell (her VA in Assault, as well as her and ZSS' VA in Brawl) did a fine job.

I wonder if she'll return after her leaking her voice roles made everyone jump the gun last time.

We were all so certain...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Marth wears a tiara into battle. I don't think anyone could top that in the fabulous attire.
How dare you question Kirby's fabulous talent of telling what's fabulous!

Long as she keeps her accent, I'm good.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly DarkKry, what is the point of frequenting a character support thread of a character you clearly don't support if all you have to say is negative? It really doesn't add anything constructive most of the time. We already know your opinions on Krystal.
Because repeatedly saying "it's only my opinion" perfectly safeguards him(her?) from any form of criticism apparently. He's been doing this for nearly 4 months in several different threads and has been told repeatedly (even by other mods) to tone it down. "LOL, it's not MY fault if you get mad at me for constantly shoving my opinions down your throat while shooting down yours."

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
today? you're optimistic about everything.
Heh! yeah :upsidedown: ... but someone created a thread on smashboards that had a link to an article where Sakurai explains how he created the roster for Brawl and the details that when into creating the characters.

Just imagine Sakurai posing an action figure holding a staff... That would totally be Krystal!
Yay Krystal!

JediSquire

Smash Rookie
Perhaps in a place that you've seen in your dreams
Heh! yeah :upsidedown: ... but someone created a thread on smashboards that had a link to an article where Sakurai explains how he created the roster for Brawl and the details that when into creating the characters.

Just imagine Sakurai posing an action figure holding a staff... That would totally be Krystal!
Yay Krystal!
I like the way u think brah, and your avatar is most dope

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I do think it's true that the primal-bikini wouldn't be Krystal's outfit. A bikini level of skin exposure doesn't seem very Smash in the first place... while Smash is T for Teen, I don't think it'll ever be because of implied sexual themes.
Hypothetically, if Krystal's only outfit was her Adventures one, and she was to be included for whatever reason... chances are she'd get in with an appearance relatively similar to the only existing one she had. Sure, Sakurai might change it a bit as he seems to with SF outfits, and given a choice between outfits it's likely she'd have a bit of a more typical-to-Smash appearance, but if there was only one option she'd probably get in with her original outfit, or something close to it. I mean, the screenshots people would take would be terrible, but it probably wouldn't be enough from deterring Sakurai to include a character he thought merited inclusion.

i think i've been plenty constructive without stepping out of bounds or breaking the rules.

saying something mundane like "krystral sucks/ is horrible" ,which I've never said in this thread, is what i consider to be "not constructive". Everything i discussed regarding Krystal has always been with her chances in being Smash. Same with Geno or any other character i don't think is going to be in.

Even with the outfit, she would likely not use that outfit if she were to miraculously be put in smash (and yes, i personally do not like the SF Adventures outfit either).
That doesn't answer my question, which is what is the point of it all? What do you accomplish by spreading negativity other than annoying other people? Why would you want to dwell on something you don't like, unless you only do it to get a rise out of people and derive pleasure from the annoyance you cause? Which is *gasp* trolling.

I wonder if she'll return after her leaking her voice roles made everyone jump the gun last time.

We were all so certain...
People shouldn't really have taken that too seriously anyway, even though technically it turned out to be true there was also a voice actor listed for Leon Kennedy. People were just so quick to jump the gun on anything related to Krystal last time, and tbh I personally don't blame them, I wanted to see her a lot as well, but a bit of logic would've been helpful in that situation.

Because repeatedly saying "it's only my opinion" perfectly safeguards him(her?) from any form of criticism apparently. He's been doing this for nearly 4 months in several different threads and has been told repeatedly (even by other mods) to tone it down. "LOL, it's not MY fault if you get mad at me for constantly shoving my opinions down your throat while shooting down yours."
At least we have FreshlyBakedCookies to balance things out... :troll:

But yeah, it's quite clear what he's(she's) doing, I guess I'll just be keeping an eye on things.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I feel sad that I'm the only surviving relic from the pre-Brawl support thread. We had quite a bit of controversy over the name we ended up using (which had "Staff" in suggestive manner).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is there really that many of us old farts from the preBrawl days still around? Overall I think I've seen maybe a dozen others, including me and you, who were prominent posters from back in those days.

Top Bottom