• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

Fine, but with a new Star Fox game that increases her odds of getting in
Only by a tiny margin though.

Again, the only way her chances rise up are is if she makes an appearance in the new game. Lets just wait a bit for the answer

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose that Star Fox Wii U does not really change much for Krystal though; in my opinion, it just reaffirms that Falco and Wolf are not going to be omitted from the roster.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I suppose that Star Fox Wii U does not really change much for Krystal though; in my opinion, it just reaffirms that Falco and Wolf are not going to be omitted from the roster.
I don't think it does either, seeing as how its still horribly early in development its too soon for it to either help or hurt her. Only thing that could is if they were to attempt continuing the plot from Command but that would only upset the 64 crowd. Also agree Falco and Wolf only being solidified their positions for Reps which is why I only give her a 25% of inclusion. Its good but still enough to hurt her just as well.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Good, because if the writing's on the wall for Snake as much as I fear it is, I'd hate for Wolf to get the axe even more now.

D

Deleted member

Just a little thing to calm your nerves for new Star Fox: While Krystal hasn't had any signs of appearing, don't lose too much hope. Just because Peppy appeared & talked it doesn't mean he's the 4th pilot unless Miyamoto said it himself. Remember Star Fox Assault

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Good, because if the writing's on the wall for Snake as much as I fear it is, I'd hate for Wolf to get the axe even more now.
4 3rd parties is way to excessive, 1/12 is way too high. (Going off of 48 total that is, anything less only raises the fraction.) Not that really disliked Snake as a character but glad he isn't taking up space like Wolf/Lucas.

Anyways, I would love it if they altered Wolf's specials as a means to fully separate him from Fox as well as introduce Krystal to satisfy the last of us SF fans. Falco can stay the way he is, just for the competitive people.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Plus there could be more than four pilots, I mean... You could have Fox / Slippy / Krystal / Falco / Peppy, and some of them could stay in the Great Fox while others would help you during missions. Kinda like during Assault, Peppy wasn't flying in an airwing, but he was still present.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So I'm pretty confident the roster is as follows:

Brawl Cast -Ivysaur -Squirtle -Snake -Lucas

+Confirmed Newcomers +Chrom +Chorus Kids +Shulk

+DLC characters

The last part is where Krystal may come in, if SF gets shown off in time. Also I wouldn't bother analyzing the video until a legitimate trailer comes out.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I really see no reason for Miyamoto to exclude Krystal in the next game anyway. She has been an extremely prominent character in 3 main franchise games already, and she's had an appearance in Smash Bros. She is a staple to the Star Fox franchise, so there's no need for her to go.

The people who are saying this would be after 64 k know that It would have to be as soon as 64 ended, or else we would've hit Star Fox Adventures. The only way I could see Krystal excluded is if the game was a prequel, or it was a reboot of SF2, which is incredibly unlikely.

D

Deleted member

IGN (Yeah I know, they're not too credible) has also gotten their hands on the Star Fox tech demo

On-Rail sections * All-Range mode are back so far & they hope they don't leave the Arwing (Skip to 3:11) like in Assault, I'm snickering at that part

As for the characters (Skip to 3:43)...once again, everyone but Krystal is back. To be fair though, they did say it was very early to tell since she could be there

Last edited by a moderator:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
4 3rd parties is way to excessive, 1/12 is way too high. (Going off of 48 total that is, anything less only raises the fraction.) Not that really disliked Snake as a character but glad he isn't taking up space like Wolf/Lucas.

Anyways, I would love it if they altered Wolf's specials as a means to fully separate him from Fox as well as introduce Krystal to satisfy the last of us SF fans. Falco can stay the way he is, just for the competitive people.
how is wolf taking up space

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
IGN (Yeah I know, they're not too credible) has also gotten their hands on the Star Fox tech demo

On-Rail sections * All-Range mode are back so far & they hope they don't leave the Arwing (Skip to 3:11) like in Assault, I'm snickering at that part

As for the characters (Skip to 3:43)...once again, everyone but Krystal is back. To be fair though, they did say it was very early to tell since she could be there
I mean, it is a tech demo. The closest SF release that they could build off of was 64 3D, so I think they'll just be using those aspects to get the gameplay moving. I'm getting more hopeful for Krystal everyday.

Also, the game is EXTREMELY early in development, so I think fan demand for Krystal can be a factor.

D

Deleted member

Also, the game is EXTREMELY early in development, so I think fan demand for Krystal can be a factor.
Possibly, or they could at some point include her as an optional episode or DLC (Given that Nintendo has embraced it & been going on slight DLC-spree lately).

Or they'll just include in the game, boom! She's there, move along!

Geez, I seem to be thinkin of Krystal DLC lately. DLC for Smash, DLC for new Star Fox

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Possibly, or they could at some point include her as an optional episode or DLC (Given that Nintendo has embraced it & been going on slight DLC-spree lately).

Or they'll just include in the game, boom! She's there, move along!

Geez, I seem to be thinkin of Krystal DLC lately. DLC for Smash, DLC for new Star Fox
I'd rather have her in. DLC for smash is one thing, but this is her franchise.

It's just heart-breaking to actually think that there's a chance that one of my favorite video game characters could not appear in the next game if her franchise. That is actually half the reason why I was extremely excited for a new SF. I was so happy at the thought that I would see one of my favorites back in her glory.

Don't get me wrong, I love the gameplay of Star Fox and all of it's characters, but when your favorite could be out, it's so bitter. Here's hoping that Krystal comes back better than ever.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather have her in. DLC for smash is one thing, but this is her franchise.
I would too.

It's just heart-breaking to actually think that there's a chance that one of my favorite video game characters could not appear in the next game if her franchise. That is actually half the reason why I was extremely excited for a new SF. I was so happy at the thought that I would see one of my favorites back in her glory.
Same. I was thinkin maybe after many years they could actually make her a more decent character that nobody would have too much of a problem with (Granted its not exactly like that now). Maybe we'll see her kick some more *** with Fox & friends & make her likable than previous titles instead of being "OK".

Don't get me wrong, I love the gameplay of Star Fox and all of it's characters, but when your favorite could be out, it's so bitter. Here's hoping that Krystal comes back better than ever.
Yeah...I have to admit I feel the same way. Although its probably not that comparable, I would say it felt the same way with fans of Falco when Star Fox Adventures was in development with people sayin things like "Wheres Falco at?!?" & Peppy Hare when he is no longer the 4th pilot & retiring from duty, having his role being little more minor & even going as far as to kill him off in Assault.

All we can do is hope she returns because I imagine if shes gone for good, there ain't going to be any support for her inclusions in future Smash games & she'll become Geno 2.0 (I already know someone out there is dancin with joy)

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I would too.

Same. I was thinkin maybe after many years they could actually make her a more decent character that nobody would have too much of a problem with (Granted its not exactly like that now). Maybe we'll see her kick some more *** with Fox & friends & make her likable than previous titles instead of being "OK".

Yeah...I have to admit I feel the same way. Although its probably not that comparable, I would say it felt the same way with fans of Falco when Star Fox Adventures was in development with people sayin things like "Wheres Falco at?!?" & Peppy Hare when he is no longer the 4th pilot & retiring from duty, having his role being little more minor & even going as far as to kill him off in Assault.

All we can do is hope she returns because I imagine if shes gone for good, there ain't going to be any support for her inclusions in future Smash games & she'll become Geno 2.0 (I already know someone out there is dancin with joy)
Hmmm, it appears there's a cycle of absent or demoted characters. Looks like Slippy is next in line :p

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
As much as I want Krystal to be in the game, I think her chances are lower after this E3. It's true that we'll have some surprises in the next 3 months (Captain Falcon, Falco and others are stil to be confirmed) But I'm not as convinced as I was a few months ago...

The only thing that we can do is hope

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Sadly, I'm convinced Krystal's chances are done. Her whole selling point was 'unique staff chick' and that spot got snatched up by Palutena. With KI's newest rep, Krystal's all but DOA. Too bad.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sadly, I'm convinced Krystal's chances are done. Her whole selling point was 'unique staff chick' and that spot got snatched up by Palutena. With KI's newest rep, Krystal's all but DOA. Too bad.
We've been over this, Krystal has a magical Bo staff, Palutenna has a giant magic septre. Besides Palutena's thing is pulling divine powers out the divine wazoo, not staff combat.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
We've been over this, Krystal has a magical Bo staff, Palutenna has a giant magic septre. Besides Palutena's thing is pulling divine powers out the divine wazoo, not staff combat.
Seeing Paletuna's melee attacks in the trailer kind of make me think that she's got a few tricks melee-wise. I don't see much that Krystal could do that Paletuna couldn't satisfy. It'd be kind of interesting if she had a hybrid setup actually, mixing tech from the armory and her staff capabilities, like a blaster or grenades(or that giant ****-off cannon her official art has. Might not make a terrible amount of sense if she got her SF:A outfit as an alternate(or has her SF:A outfit as default) but then, Mecha-Zangief and Normal-Zangief were no different in SF4, even though Mecha has many different attributes(inability to block, permanent hyper armor, different specials) in other games), or she'd need to use summons to set herself apart(perhaps involving Prince Tricky/her Pterodactyl).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I forgot we can only have one sword user. One fire breather. One staff user. One magic character.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, they wouldn't yield their staff the same way, they wouldn't do the same thing. Palutena's weapon looks like a heavy scepter, Krystal's staff seems light, things like that. They wouldn't play the same way at all.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So that video is confirmed as tech demo right?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So that video is confirmed as tech demo right?
Yep. From what I saw of it, it honestly looked like it was simply Star Fox 64 with slightly improved graphics (probably just Star Fox 64 3D on the Wii U). I think they're still in the process of determining how it will control with the gamepad. As Miyamoto said, they're still a good year away from showing anything presentation worthy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So calm your ****, and prepare your arwings for SSB5 hype *eyeroll*

Krystal for SSB5!

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
yep, its time to call it a day. There are obviously no hints of Krystal being in smash from the Gematsu leaks which have been very correct so far in telling us the roster

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

Krystal isn't too relevant to join this iteration of Smashbros. and if she is in that new star fox game (no signs of it yet) then it'd still be too late.

D

Deleted member

Miyamoto has yet another interview about new Star Fox...and other things. Some things I thought were interesting

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/06/11/shigeru-miyamoto-star-fox-wii-u/

Out of interest, who is your favorite character to play in Smash Brothers?

I haven’t played Smash Brothers thoroughly yet, but my suspicion is that I would probably play as Star Fox. Playing as Kirby might be a little bit easier, but…
Come on Miyamoto, you don't know Fox's name?! /endnerdrage

You prefer a challenge.

This is gonna be the year of Star Fox. I’ll play as Star Fox for awhile.
The yeah of Star Fox eh? Probably a mistranslations but I sure wouldn't mind that!

Is Project Guard something that will grow into its own game, or do you see it being absorbed into a larger game?

Perhaps if you noticed in Project Guard, there was a Star Fox logo on the cameras! I have different ideas for what would be possible, but I haven’t finalized anything yet. One idea that I had for Star Fox is something like the Thunderbirds TV series, where they had all these different vehicles and Mechs that they could use. I’m not certain, but one thing I think about Star Fox is that, instead of just a ship-based adventure that we’ve seen in previous Star Fox games, there’s multiple different mechs and vehicles and things that they use. And maybe, within that, the Project Guard style of gameplay could be one element of sort of a larger-scaled thing.

The other analogy I’ve been using with the team is that the Star Fox games that we used to make were Star Fox for the movie theater, a big dramatic adventure. And this time, with our focus, it’s a little bit more of Star Fox if it were a TV series. So maybe Project Guard is the TV series of Star Fox that runs late at night, and the main missions of Star Fox are the TV series that runs in primetime.
Can you talk about what it’s been like bringing Star Fox to the Wii U?

We worked on some ideas around Star Fox back during the Wii days. But the problem was that we didn’t have any new ideas to bring to the game. I wasn’t particularly interested in just making another Star Fox game with better graphics and better sound. So we set that aside back then. This time, as we were doing our experiments, and we found this idea of doing the two-screen gameplay. I was particularly interested in a new style of play, where you’d have the cockpit view on one screen, and you’d have the third-person standard Star Fox view on the TV screen, and how those two screens could interact with one another.

The idea of having a helicopter-style game, and being to then to drop a robot down and tether it, and operate the robot that you dropped while you’re controlling the helicopter: [There are] a lot of new and different ideas that we simply couldn’t have had, if we didn’t have that Wii U Gamepad.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Didnt even realize what a new star fox could mean to smash... i guess not much but is good to consider.

Krystal? a bit more likelly than yesterday i suppose, and that could be enough for her :p

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
yep, its time to call it a day. There are obviously no hints of Krystal being in smash from the Gematsu leaks which have been very correct so far in telling us the roster

Krystal isn't too relevant to join this iteration of Smashbros. and if she is in that new star fox game (no signs of it yet) then it'd still be too late.
I wouldn't say that her chances are done. Remember that the Gematsu leak also failed to correctly predict Rosalina + Luma, and we also had no hints of Rosalina before her reveal either. So, if the benefit of the doubt were given, and say that there's one or two characters not stated in this leak, then that means her chances are still there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's not over until it's over. There's always the slim possibility of DLC.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like that they're talking new gameplay not REBOOTING. That's a good sign.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Im very thankful for the starfox announcement, hopefully it will continue after assault story wise since command is non cannon, and continue to try and expand its horizons by improving on foot play. Here's hoping platinum is the helping developer on it.

As for krystal I think her best shot is unknown unlockable status if she makes it. And for the person comparing her to palutena, krystal is combat heavy palutena is magic heavy simple as that, its easy to differentiate them honestly, one has a staff and one has a scepter and shield..

Also even if the genmatsu leak is real he never confirms how many characters we are receiving so there is still a chance for others not leaked to make it in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

More new Star Fox details, this time...the game will support co-op mode (Its optional though so you're not likely going to have it for the main campaign but hey, still early to tell, There is no mention of online co-op or multiplayer yet)!

http://kotaku.com/new-star-fox-game-will-support-co-op-you-pilot-i-shoo-1590491002

To illustrate his point, he described a moment in the Sunday demo in which the player, as Fox McCloud, can shoot down his enemy Star Wolf. It's easier to find where Wolf crashed by looking at the TV, Miyamoto noted. He incentivized players to do so by dropping a collectible medal where Wolf crashed.
Miyamoto's demo had also included a "helicopter" level that put the player in control of a hovering fighting craft that could drop a tethered robot onto the roofs of buildings. When the robot was dropped from the ship, the player's GamePad would show what the robot could see, while the TV would stay focused on the helicopter.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
From the sound of it, it doesn't seem like we'll have on foot sequences like in Assault.
Still too early to tell but I honestly want them to try a better approach to it than they did before. I honestly wouldn't mind them taking serious FPS elements and incorporating them into the Star Fox gameplay. Obviously I'm not talking GoW curb stomping, CoD knifing or Halo Teabagging but having the choreographed movements like GoW but played out in a more Star Wars fashion with lots of Storm Troopers shooting like an A Team audition. You can still have the hand to hand combat as well, who wouldn't right?

Ground units would have TV focusing on your 3rd person movement with gamepad is showing either the map of the location or a detailed parcel showing your items at hand. Have it look like you have it opened from the top looking in, tapping an item will show you retrieve it to use.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't believe Krystal will make it in this game. However, I do think she is very likely for a DLC character. I would totally buy her.:b:

Top Bottom