• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
If they would revive the series than she really wouldn't be having any issues with her inclusion besides the furry haters. She's also the last likely Star Fox newcomer that won't start digging into the bottom of the barrel. If they reboot the series, they could essentially make Panther more prominent as well as bring Andross back from being just a floating head.

D

Deleted member

Do you think Krystal is popular enough that she'd be announced directly at E3 or that they'd keep her hidden until later ?
My guess is that they'll keep Star Fox character announcements hidden like it has in the previous 2 games...kinda wish though that it was different for this time where they actually announce the characters instead of just being Fox.

But I think you're all right, it wouldn't make sense not to expend on the Starfox series as it seems that every installment series get new stuff, so I expect some sort of upgrade for Krystal since she's the logical next step for Starfox.
Maybe a Star Fox spin-off game that has her in it like Dinosaur Planet? They can always revisit the IP at anytime they want since its merged with Star Fox.

Plus I see that, although Starfox has been kinda dead if I may say so, she still is rather well-liked and has a lot of support compared to other characters from more popular franchises.
*Dormant

Yeah its pretty astounding how even after almost a decade since she was in the last Star Fox game, she's still gettin the support. Regardless on your stance of the Krystal fanbase, you have to admit its something! As for being well-liked...well, we're still in that time & age where she's still polarized by people so I unfortunately wouldn't really say shes too well-liked but I see many people changin their attitudes & don't mind her too much. How she is in the future all lies in Nintendo's hands which is scary.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I don't really pay much mind to the people who call her furry-bait considering Fox and Wolf are much much much more furry-bait than her, so the argument doesn't make much sense to me, haha. Plus, she's only hated amongst hardcore Starfox fans, I guess ? Whenever I talk with friends who aren't really that good with video games, they always mention that they like Krystal because she's a visually appealing character. ^^

Also, well, it's funny to me that a lot of gay people support her inclusion, so clearly they must not all want to have sex with her.

Yeah, I meant that word, sorry. Dead was just something that I found synonymous, haha. I'm really hoping for a new Starfox game. A character that keeps on receiving attention in spite of the lack of appearance throughout the years is a strong contender for SSB in my opinion. Unfortunately for some supporters, they may never get their wish (RIP Geno).

D

Deleted member

I don't really pay much mind to the people who call her furry-bait considering Fox and Wolf are much much much more furry-bait than her, so the argument doesn't make much sense to me, haha.
Same. I just translate it as "Let me pull out that classic excuse because it makes me look better!"

Plus, she's only hated amongst hardcore Starfox fans, I guess ?
Pretty much, theres also the furry haters but that doesn't mean jack. As I mentioned before, the hardcore Star Fox fans are nothing more than a vocal minority at this point, their days are over.

Whenever I talk with friends who aren't really that good with video games, they always mention that they like Krystal because she's a visually appealing character. ^^
That I can agree on (And not for stupid reasons). Isn't the point of character designing to be as visually appealing as possible? They may as well make all the characters ugly & gross looking because nowadays you can't have these type of characters without someone screaming "Muh fanservice!!"

I laugh at those that think she was made to appeal to the lowest common denominator

Also, well, it's funny to me that a lot of gay people support her inclusion, so clearly they must not all want to have sex with her.
Thats basically the furry fandom for you, mostly gays but nobody wants to hear that!

Unfortunately for some supporters, they may never get their wish (RIP Geno).
Yeah...thats sadly true.

D

Deleted member

I would be givin my thumbs up & smirk.

"Hoo boy, time for people's stance on Krystal to change!!"

D

Deleted member

I have some good news for you all & possibly some bad news:

Lets start off with the good news. The good news is that TIME Magazine basically leaked a new Star Fox game for Wii U & Miyamoto's IP. Both were taken down quick so I assume they'll show up!

A NEW STAR FOX GAME!!!! WOO!

Bad news is...as of right now, there are no signs of Krystal making an appearance & judging from the sole screenshot, it looks like assets & etc. from Star Fox 64 3D will take place.

See for yourself: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/e3-2014-new-star-fox-wii-u-game-leaked-time-miyamoto-interview-1452109

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I have some good news for you all & possibly some bad news:

Lets start off with the good news. The good news is that TIME Magazine basically leaked a new Star Fox game for Wii U & Miyamoto's IP. Both were taken down quick so I assume they'll show up!

A NEW STAR FOX GAME!!!! WOO!

Bad news is...as of right now, there are no signs of Krystal making an appearance & judging from the sole screenshot, it looks like assets & etc. from Star Fox 64 3D will take place.

See for yourself: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/e3-2014-new-star-fox-wii-u-game-leaked-time-miyamoto-interview-1452109
Um why would Nintendo remove a character that is so firmly a part of the series?!!

D

Deleted member

Um why would Nintendo remove a character that is so firmly a part of the series?!!
Like I said, as of right now, there are no signs of her appearance in the new game. I would wait until another hour till it gets announced for E3, maybe we'll see her, maybe we won't...

Who knows what her fate is besides TIME (:p) & Nintendo

Maybe 64 3D's assets are placeholders, I just hope to god its NOT another port of 64 or it plays like it.

Inb4 Star Fox fans hate the game because "It doesn't play like 64! Therefore, it sucks!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
New Star Fox huh? I'd like to hear reasons on why Wolf's getting cut now. :smirk:

*ahem*.. I wish Krystal fans best of luck regarding this Wii U title.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Despite the new Star Fox being announced, I'm not getting my hopes up for a Krystal announcement, but if it actually does happen, I am going to enjoy the tears on GameFAQs. They will be so delicious.

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Well, with Star Fox for Wii U, I feel a lot more confident Krystal will make it in. I'm not crazy. :p

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Oh my gosh that's amazing ! Another Starfox game, I hope they'll use the possibilities of the gamepad more than in the other titles !

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
A NEW STAR FOX, YES!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!,!!!!!!!!, so that means Krystal has about a 85% chance of getting in SSB4, since Star Fox is relevant again,

D

Deleted member

I'm wondering what Nintendo has in stores for Star Fox fans since they seem to be teasing them very hard in the Digital Event...

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum, it has been a glorious day. As we all know, we have been deprived of our beloved series for almost 8 years, but now that has changed. A new Star Fox is on it's way.

Now before you all freak out about that supposed leak, it's more than likely a load. Seriously, the leak is identical to the forst mission of 64, so in my eyes, it is not official gameplay. Also, Miyamoto made a statement about past Star Fox games being a movie of some sort, so obviously he still acknowledges the Game Cube era, and could easily bring our characters from Assault into this new game.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum, it has been a glorious day. As we all know, we have been deprived of our beloved series for almost 8 years, but now that has changed. A new Star Fox is on it's way.

Now before you all freak out about that supposed leak, it's more than likely a load. Seriously, the leak is identical to the forst mission of 64, so in my eyes, it is not official gameplay. Also, Miyamoto made a statement about past Star Fox games being a movie of some sort, so obviously he still acknowledges the Game Cube era, and could easily bring our characters from Assault into this new game.

Amen bro, Amen, so does that mean I'm right about Command not being canon, THE GAME HAD NINE ENDINGS, FOR PETE'S SAKES!!!!!, But that aside, what does this mean for Krystal's chances of being in SSB4?

D

Deleted member

We have to do something about Command though. Kind of wish they actually said if it was canon or not instead of leaving it up in the air...

But yeah, I don't think we're going to get a reboot as many "Fans" want (Thank god) & I don't see them using Star Fox 64 3D assets & voice clips as nothing more than placeholders for the actual game. I just hope the characters are designed good this time & Krystal is still there.

It is funny how though he said the game is going to take a different approach which we know what that means!

0/10 - "Its not Star Fox 64! Therefore, it sucks!!!"

Amen bro, Amen, so does that mean I'm right about Command not being canon, THE GAME HAD NINE ENDINGS, FOR PETE'S SAKES!!!!!, But that aside, what does this mean for Krystal's chances of being in SSB4?
From the way Miyamoto described the past games being some sort of a movie...I have a bad feeling Command is canon. Again, I wish they actually gave out an answer.

As for Krystal's chances in SSB4...to be honest, the Gematsu Leak in my eyes hurted her chances of being a newcomer (And many other characters not named Shulk, Chorus Men, or Chrom). I won't be throwing the towel just yet but you have to admit the leak kind of had an impact.

Theres still the chance though that she could be a secret character (Like every SF character in the past games) or DLC.

We have until September 18th to have our final answer.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
As for Command, I believe they have confirmed it as non-canon, but don't hold that on me yet. As for Krystal's chances, it depends on when this iteration of Star Fox was starting development.

You see, the Final roster was decided in late 2012, so games that started development late after, may not really have time to get a rep. This new Star Fox is extremely early on in development. HOWEVER, Mr. Miyamoto said that this Star Fox has been messed with for 6 years, so maybe that could give Krystal a push. All in all, I'm not sure how this affects her, but one can hope. I believe she has had a high chance to begin with. Heck, she's outlasted A LOT of wanted newcomers, so that's something.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
A NEW STAR FOX, YES!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!,!!!!!!!!, so that means Krystal has about a 85% chance of getting in SSB4, since Star Fox is relevant again,
nah, thats a total exaggeration. Especially considering we have no idea if she is even in this new game

Also, i'm sure this new star fox was in development long after they had already decided the Smash WiiU roster. And with Smash coming 4 months from now, this new star fox game will be released waaaay after Smash is.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
If this Star Fox game was in development for 6 years , it's very possible that the game could take place either after Assault or Command
Well it hasn't been in development per say, but the concept of it has been tampered with. The reason SF wasn't on the Wii is because they didn't know how to make the Gameplay interesting. Now with the Wii U, the concept of the game pad compliments SF. Oh, and maybe they will go after Assault/ Command. They never really specified if the game is a reboot or not.

All I'm hoping for is that Krystal plays a major role in the next game, and that she's in Smash Bros.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There's one screenshot of nothing. Assume Krystal is in until we hear otherwise.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The reason SF wasn't on the Wii is because they didn't know how to make the Gameplay interesting.
A motion controlled Arwing via the Wiimote would've been sick. They were just being idiots/unimaginative when it came to not having a SF game on that system.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
A motion controlled Arwing via the Wiimote would've been sick. They were just being idiots/unimaginative when it came to not having a SF game on that system.
Great in theory, old after so long. Much like fighting with a sword, it got really quick. Kind of glad there was no wii Star fox game but eh, still scared of the whole reboot nonsense

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well yeah, to have that kind of game now would be beating a dead horse. I just meant at the time the Wii was fresh that game would've been the **** and was a clearly missed opportunity regardless of what excuses people might give Nintendo.

Moving on though.

BitingBaker

Smash Rookie
I don't really pay much mind to the people who call her furry-bait considering Fox and Wolf are much much much more furry-bait than her, so the argument doesn't make much sense to me, haha. Plus, she's only hated amongst hardcore Starfox fans, I guess ? Whenever I talk with friends who aren't really that good with video games, they always mention that they like Krystal because she's a visually appealing character. ^^

Yeah, I meant that word, sorry. Dead was just something that I found synonymous, haha. I'm really hoping for a new Starfox game. A character that keeps on receiving attention in spite of the lack of appearance throughout the years is a strong contender for SSB in my opinion. Unfortunately for some supporters, they may never get their wish (RIP Geno).

People who use the "furry" argument against Krystal are complete idiots. She is an awesome character and she needs to be in Smash Bros. She is such a unique character and that staff would be the first fighting style like that. :OO

D

Deleted member

So more Star Fox Wii U footage has appeared but you can barely see it. (Skip to 0:58)

It looks like it still uses the same assets from Star Fox 64 3D & Peppy Hare makes an appearance (Abiet a placeholder as he's not moving while hes saying his quote), once again....no sign of Krystal.

Heres hoping on seeing the brand spankin new footage that doesn't have Miyamoto trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Am I the only one here who is a little disappointed about the lack of StarFox content shown for SSB4 at E3? I mean except for Miyamoto pretty much trolling StarFox fans with the announcement that they've been working on a StarFox title since the Wii. No StarFox content has been added to SSB4 yet, but I suspect Falco & Wolf could be hidden along with Krystal possibly. The 3 newcomers announced recently were kinda spoiled due to all the leaks on the internet which made there reveals very boring.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
So more Star Fox Wii U footage has appeared but you can barely see it. (Skip to 0:58)

It looks like it still uses the same assets from Star Fox 64 3D & Peppy Hare makes an appearance (Abiet a placeholder as he's not moving while hes saying his quote), once again....no sign of Krystal.

Heres hoping on seeing the brand spankin new footage that doesn't have Miyamoto trolling.
Dude those are probably just place holders since the game is extremely early into development, and you know Miyamoto, , he focuses on gameplay first, and then once the gameplay portion is completed, then add the dialogue and characters

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Well ac
People who use the "furry" argument against Krystal are complete idiots. She is an awesome character and she needs to be in Smash Bros. She is such a unique character and that staff would be the first fighting style like that. :OO
Well actually, Palutena has that title. However, Krystal still could be unique.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
KRYSTAL FANS REJOICE
In all seriousness, Star Fox Wii U is the perfecto chance to advertise to the young menaces of today the meaning of the epic space shooter. And buy StarFox 64. Ya, mainly that.
It's a bit harder for us to rejoice only because we're unsure of her whereabouts for the new game.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Fun way I like to look at roster chances: every possible character outside of the O12 or those solidified into the series always have a 50% or less chance of being included. Let's face it, either they're in or they're not. You then take your assumptions or reasoning what may help or hinder their inclusion. You can't have a character with 85% because she still has a 50% chance she won't appear.

I would mover her down to a 33% chance of inclusion, since its between her Falco and Wolf trying to make it in. I'm hopeful of 4 reps but since Star Fox U is too early in development we won't. Falco has seniority while Wolf is expendable but likely to return thanks to being a core member throughout Fox's history. I'm content she has a 25% chance, Falco would get in twice over her while Wolf could be replaced with her while still equally surviving the cut. She's the last rightful person for the slot so she only has to hope for the unfortunate task of how many reps will they have.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Fun way I like to look at roster chances: every possible character outside of the O12 or those solidified into the series always have a 50% or less chance of being included. Let's face it, either they're in or they're not. You then take your assumptions or reasoning what may help or hinder their inclusion. You can't have a character with 85% because she still has a 50% chance she won't appear.

I would mover her down to a 33% chance of inclusion, since its between her Falco and Wolf trying to make it in. I'm hopeful of 4 reps but since Star Fox U is too early in development we won't. Falco has seniority while Wolf is expendable but likely to return thanks to being a core member throughout Fox's history. I'm content she has a 25% chance, Falco would get in twice over her while Wolf could be replaced with her while still equally surviving the cut. She's the last rightful person for the slot so she only has to hope for the unfortunate task of how many reps will they have.
Fine, but with a new Star Fox game that increases her odds of getting in

Top Bottom