• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
After looking at random Starfox character prediction threads in different SSB4 forums. Most people say its going to remain as Fox, Falco & Wolf because addiding Krystal would just make it worse, and it would ruin what is already perfect. What??? How would adding Krystal make the StarFox character roster on SSB4 worse? It's not like she would be another Fox clone or something. Super Smash Smash Bros. fans are so puzzling when it comes to the character roster.
People think star fox isn't worthy of another character, I really do not think that should matter because they have unique character who is just as popular as any other newcomer trying to get in.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Furries everywhere you look. Is it because she is a sexy humanoid fox with bewbs? If you're looking for furry creatures then let's put a sexy pokemon like Gardevoir or Loppuny.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Leave it to narrow-minded people to use assumptions and generalizations for provocation.

Strange how they sometimes leave out the fact that there are other characters who are already on the roster that can appeal to some people in similar ways.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys, I've read several leaked game lists for Nintendo at E3 2014, and guess what, Star Fox is one of the games listed, (Along with F-Zero and Metroid), so that could very realistically confirm her as in the game, if they are true

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Star Fox is forever one of the popular games for fake leaks.

D

Deleted member

Star Fox is forever one of the popular games for fake leaks.
Coulda sworn that was F-Zero...oh well, I guess both are popular games for leaks. Shame.

True, but doesn't Project STEAM (Strike Team Against the Alien Menace) sound like Star Fox?
Ehh....hard to say but maybe no, I Googled "Strike Team" & got these as a result from Wikipedia

Strike Team, a special unit of firefighters in South Australia's Country Fire Service, and Victoria's Country Fire Authority, in Victoria a Strike Team usually refers to a unit of five appliances used to fight large, campaign-sized wildfires such as those on Black Saturday.
Strike Team, the fictional tactical unit on The Shield
Strike Team, a team of the U.S. Coast Guard's National Strike Force
May not mean much but it doesn't sound like Star Fox, I want to be proven wrong.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'm really hoping they decide to go full awesome at E3 and announce Krystal for the Star Fox reboot as well as playable. Would be cool to see them let her in the series better by cutting the whole damsel scene and just make her a member from the new beginning. Would be nice to have Peppy be in charge again as well if he really was that old. How he flies under James than keeps the same rank until Fox takes over really made no sense to me. I'm slightly greedy too and would love whole franchise reveals for their trailers and have Falco and Wolf return with new specials. Wolf was already different with his attack so he doesn't have to be altered to much but Falco needs the work.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
She was probably the most requested family, I think more people were for Krystal over rosalina. She would be such a good character, I feel they would make her faster than fox.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Well, with the recent roster leak, there seems to be three extra spaces after Fox. Although, people seem to think that Star Fox cannot get four reps because other franchises seem to be only getting three.

I think it's possible that Krystal could be the fourth slot.

Example:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, with the recent roster leak, there seems to be three extra spaces after Fox. Although, people seem to think that Star Fox cannot get four reps because other franchises seem to be only getting three.

Example:

The most popluar competeign theory is that that's Captain Falcon's spot but I'd be lying if I said that didn't give me some hope for her.

D

Deleted member

Example:

Eh, the leak is looking to be fake...I wouldn't really put any thought into it as much as I want you guys to have some hope.

Meanwhile, E3 is almost around the corner!

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Eh, the leak is looking to be fake...I wouldn't really put any thought into it as much as I want you guys to have some hope.

Meanwhile, E3 is almost around the corner!
I don't want to appear as vehemently defending the leak, but it's possible that the original leaker edited Ridley in that one picture (which was posted a few dozen minutes after the first two) just to stir up chaos.

EDIT: If this is the this case, this roster could be the real deal, but the original leaker just wanted to fabricate a thin layer of lies to "sprinkle" on top of it. All I'm pointing out is that the CSS could be real, and the edits fake.

I agree with the statement about E3, though. I think I've had enough of this roller-coaster speculation online regarding Smash 4 for now, and I think it'll be healthy for me to take a break until E3 is finished. xD

That said, I shall wait for E3 for the fate of Krystal and other characters.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'm not sure if I would believe this leak. I'm ready dumfounded by the sea of gray boxes that clutter the screen, when in previous games they had them neatly shaped to show all the characters. I'm slightly happy to see 3 boxes to the right of Fox, but seriously upset that Bandana Dee wouldn't make it. Have to hope for at least one of our staff brethren to make it at least

D

Deleted member

We want it, but whenever it comes out we hate it. And by we I mean nostalgic 4chan****
You could make a drinking game how many times people say "Make a Star Fox game like 64!" or "Reboot the franchise!". Theres people that want to forget Metroid: Other M by making the next games that come out never mention a single thing about it & consider it non-canon. Star Fox should do the same, continuing from Assault & pretend Command never existed or make it a new timeline to add.

Thing is though...nobody knows if Command is canon or not. Cuthbert said if he made another game, he'd either pick an ending to go with in Command or have it take place earlier in the timeline which I assume would mean that parts of Command is canon but other parts of it are not. Then of course he said later he has no internest in making a new game which sounds a bit heartbreaking but in my opinon, I consider it a good thing that Cuthbert won't touch the franchise again after that trainwreck.

Star Fox Command proved that going back to the "Arwings only" formula isn't a magic "good game" button! (Which I must remind you that Cuthbert kept marketing the game about & litened to the fans that wanted the series to go back on it's roots)

So yeah, people need to accept the fact that Adventures & Assault are canon & will most likely stay that way. Don't expect another reboot to happen, especially if its Nintendo handling it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
When has Nintendo done reboots anyway?

But yes, couldn't agree more.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I won't deny it's possible, but:

1. I don't see how rebooting = fixing
2. A reboot doesn't meaning Krystal won't be in it

D

Deleted member

2. A reboot doesn't meaning Krystal won't be in it
I guess thats true, maybe she could benefit from one even though I'm fine with the way she is now (I already got torches & pitchforks pointed at me), maybe not...whatever the case, I can't see her leaving anytime soon.

1. I don't see how rebooting = fixing
"If we start the franchise over & pretended that Adventures, Assault, & Command never existed, it'll magically be good again!" - Says a lot of Star Fox fan with nostalgia goggles glued on

When has Nintendo done reboots anyway?
Besides what Guybrush mentioned, I would kind of count Retro Studio's Donkey Kong Country games.

But even then, I don't see Nintendo as the type of publisher that reboots a lot of their franchises like other ones

Last edited by a moderator:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Donkey Kong isn't much of a reboot per say, its really just plug and chug. Its the same type of game the original was but with better things added to it to help keep it distinct from series. Tropical Freeze in my mind is how its not a reboot since its not really taking the original series off track nor the cartoon, but rather just a LoZ inspired side track to a great series.

As for Star Fox, I really didn't mind the later games. I would wish they continue forward but ensure somebody knows what they're writing the story around rather then just hope it becomes a success.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would love to See Krystal with her staff action, and maybe Falco could get a few new moves of his own to be different than Fox.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Im sure all the Star Fox characters could benefit from a reboot, so I agree there.

D

Deleted member

Im sure all the Star Fox characters could benefit from a reboot, so I agree there.
Only question is, if Star Fox is rebooted...how will it go?

Will Krystal's original backstory from Adventures be wiped clean & rewritten (Like instead of being a sole survivor from a tribe & planet thats long gone, she is now a student from an academy that was lucky to join the Star Fox team)?
Will Falco no longer be a jerk for no reason?
Is Slippy going to be a better pilot so I don't have to save him a lot?
etc.

I'm usually hesitant to give reboots a chance with the way they've been handled lately but if it'll make the characters better & overall make the franchise more...how to say, an improvement of itself? I guess I'd be OK with it, given that they don't botch it up

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I'm usually hesitant to give reboots a chance with the way they've been handled lately but if it'll make the characters better & overall make the franchise more...how to say, an improvement of itself? I guess I'd be OK with it, given that they don't botch it up
Reboots are always a slippery slope, because you will always have that VERY vocal minority that always act like this:

And sometimes, the reboot could be better than the original, and yet still not do well because of that minority. Case in point: DmC: Devil May Cry. I would argue that the reboot did most of the things better than the original story, yet was hated by a very vocal group, even going as far as haters starting a petition to get the game off the store shelves.

While I would love to see Star Fox rebooted (especially after Starfox Adventures [or as JonTron put it: Stairfax Temperatures]), I have a feeling that people will ***** about it because of that one word: Reboot.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I would say just reboot after adventures so we can have Krystal, act like assault and command did not ever happen. We need to see her develop into a pilot and get known with the team instead of just going out there. I'm really hoping for an announcement at E3.

D

Deleted member

Well guys, we're getting to E3! Here's hoping we get some Star Fox info, be it a new game or something to do with Smash Bros!

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Well guys, we're getting to E3! Here's hoping we get some Star Fox info, be it a new game or something to do with Smash Bros!
Agreed. If Krystal gets in SSB4 the chaos that will ensue after her announcement will be deliciously entertaining.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Krystal Rage would be a sight to behold, especially if Ridley doesn't get in.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The Krystal Rage would be a sight to behold, especially if Ridley doesn't get in.
DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THOSE GUYS!!!!!! I MEAN REALLY RIDLEY IS TOO GOSH DARN BIG, HE'S THE SIZE OF TEXAS FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!!!!! I'd prefer one of the Hunters or Anthony over Ridley, Ridley is probably just going to be an Assist Trophy at best, Yes , Metroid deserves another rep besides Samus (no Zero Suit Samus doesn't count, since it's an alternate form of the same character), but there are plenty of better choices (cough cough Sylux, cough cough) than Ridley, that's like saying Andross should be in SSB4 as a playable character

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THOSE GUYS!!!!!! I MEAN REALLY RIDLEY IS TOO GOSH DARN BIG, HE'S THE SIZE OF TEXAS FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!!!!! I'd prefer one of the Hunters or Anthony over Ridley, Ridley is probably just going to be an Assist Trophy at best, Yes , Metroid deserves another rep besides Samus (no Zero Suit Samus doesn't count, since it's an alternate form of the same character), but there are plenty of better choices (cough cough Sylux, cough cough) than Ridley, that's like saying Andross should be in SSB4 as a playable character
1.) You need to take the Ridley discussion to Ridleys thread. I wouldn't say he's too big since he's actually been changing sizes since the original Metroid. If you want a perfect e ample of a Ridley that isn't too big, look back at the Melee intro. Anyways, we done need that bickering here.

2.) Andross wasn't just a floating head spitting tiles or just a head with ands you know. He did have a body and could make use of it again if they really wanted to make him work. Rather see Panther make it in over Andross but he's a decent pick nonetheless.

3.) Back on topictopic

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Fine by me, Krystal has an excellent potential for a good move set,. If the rumored new Star Fox game is revealed at E3 and has Krystal in it, then Krystal will definitely be playable in SSB4,

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'd like to say that I'm not a direct supporter... but I do believe in her inclusion... after so many requests (since Melee, I guess?), and she's pretty "easy" character to implement to Smash, or any fighting game... StarFox IS worthy to get more characters (with Falco and Wolf being guaranted to return, imo),.. so why not?
--Nothing related to her design or her sex appeal... I don't really care about that, I think we shouldn't; I'm sure she can be a fun character to play as... Hope you guys can have her in the roster. =) good luck!

D

Deleted member

Take it easy now, we already have enough guys pointing their pitchforks & torches at us.

Just some more gasoline to throw into the Sakurai fire.

2.) Andross wasn't just a floating head spitting tiles or just a head with ands you know. He did have a body and could make use of it again if they really wanted to make him work. Rather see Panther make it in over Andross but he's a decent pick nonetheless.
Eh, I know Andross had a full body before but I'd rather he stay a giant floating head with hands....seems more menacing that way IMO.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
Yes, it would be REALLY cool to have a new Star Fox character THAT ISN'T A CLONE. Krystal can use her staff and etc., to be unique from the other Star Fox characters. But I want you to look at this. Krystal was kicked from Star Fox.

"In the events following the Aparoid Invasion, Fox had a growing concern for Krystal's safety and had her discharged from the team, which caused Krystal to adopt a bitter temperament. Heartbroken and ashamed, she left and was not heard from again for some time."
Source: http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Krystal

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Yes, it would be REALLY cool to have a new Star Fox character THAT ISN'T A CLONE. Krystal can use her staff and etc., to be unique from the other Star Fox characters. But I want you to look at this. Krystal was kicked from Star Fox.

"In the events following the Aparoid Invasion, Fox had a growing concern for Krystal's safety and had her discharged from the team, which caused Krystal to adopt a bitter temperament. Heartbroken and ashamed, she left and was not heard from again for some time."
I take it you didn't bother reading past that part of her bio, as it also says this:

How Krystal winds up afterCommand remains a mystery. Inmost of the game's endings, she reunites with Fox and once again rejoins the Star Fox team. However in some endings, she instead chooses to remain with Panther and the rest of Star Wolf or, in the default ending's case, she initially joins the Star Fox team, but then ends up leaving and joining Star Wolf later. In one of the game's endings she is unable to live up to the choices she made in the past, and takes on a new life as a bounty hunter namedKursed. Alternatively, in another ending, she and Fox both leave the team to live a new life together.
She rejoins the team in most of them, while going Star Wolf in another bunch. Overall, saying she disappears after only one ending featured this is absurd. With a possible Star Fox reboot, I would like to see her role altered to for more with the Star Fox team, although I personally liked the tension to the degree with Star Wolf.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

This is old information to us here dude. We ignore this game called StarFox Command because it was a poorly executed attempt at going back to StarFox's roots from the SNES & Nintendo 64 days of being a rail shooter only. Also, yes Krystal would make an excellent newcomer. All of us on this thread are hoping that she might get revealed at E3 for SSB4 or an announcement for a new StarFox game in the works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom