• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yes, it would be REALLY cool to have a new Star Fox character THAT ISN'T A CLONE. Krystal can use her staff and etc., to be unique from the other Star Fox characters. But I want you to look at this. Krystal was kicked from Star Fox.

"In the events following the Aparoid Invasion, Fox had a growing concern for Krystal's safety and had her discharged from the team, which caused Krystal to adopt a bitter temperament. Heartbroken and ashamed, she left and was not heard from again for some time."
Source: http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Krystal

COMMAND IS NON-CANON TO THE MAIN SERIES!!!!! IF IT WAS CANON, WHY DID NINTENDO BARELY REFERENCE IT IN SSBB!!!!!!???

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
COMMAND IS NON-CANON TO THE MAIN SERIES!!!!! IF IT WAS CANON, WHY DID NINTENDO BARELY REFERENCE IT IN SSBB!!!!!!???
Command Release Date: Aug 3, 2006 (JP)
Brawl Release Date: Jan 31, 2008 (JP) [After multiple delays as well]

Much like the scenario we see with DKCR:TF, development is too far along to give it a decent representation. This wasn't the only series to appear absent either in Brawl, can't think of the other game that was little too new to appear ATM.

Also, how was command non canon?!

D

Deleted member

We don't know that, Command could be canon for all we know....that is, if Cuthbert was working on the next title, he'll start somewhere in Command.

As much as I don't like the game & question the fanbase that Cuthbert was listening to, I don't think it will be considered non-canon unless Nintendo decides to reboot the series (Which I'm already skeptical of since the fans wanted Command to go back to it's roots & that failed, dunno what makes them so sure a reboot will magically fix everything)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
We don't know that, Command could be canon for all we know....that is, if Cuthbert was working on the next title, he'll start somewhere in Command.

As much as I don't like the game & question the fanbase that Cuthbert was listening to, I don't think it will be considered non-canon unless Nintendo decides to reboot the series (Which I'm already skeptical of since the fans wanted Command to go back to it's roots & that failed, dunno what makes them so sure a reboot will magically fix everything)
Cause Nintendo had a running history with answering fans pleas and supplying all their desires with great applause.

[/sarcasm]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Command Release Date: Aug 3, 2006 (JP)
Brawl Release Date: Jan 31, 2008 (JP) [After multiple delays as well]

Much like the scenario we see with DKCR:TF, development is too far along to give it a decent representation. This wasn't the only series to appear absent either in Brawl, can't think of the other game that was little too new to appear ATM.

Also, how was command non canon?!
We will definitely see a Tropical Freeze level on the Wii U version. I suspect we will see a Ruby/Sapphire stage as well.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Well, Command had multiple endings. Not all of them wrote Krystal out of the Star Fox team.

For me, it's not about where Command began, but where it ended. Either way, we'll have to wait and see what Nintendo has in store for Star Fox's future (if they even have something currently planned). This includes where Command fits into the whole Star Fox picture (if they even want it to).

EDIT: I'm not a fan of Command myself.

I just find it strange to project the chance for Krystal's inclusion solely off of certain decisions made in one Star Fox game (Command).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I find it strange to project the chance for Krystal's inclusion solely off of certain decisions made in one Star Fox game (Command).
Next thing you know, the Star Fox timeline is going to have competition with Zelda's given Command having multiple endings! :troll:

So far, current speculation on which ending most people think will be canon is the first ending where Amanda joins the Star Fox crew & everyone is back together again while it is heavily foreshadowing that Dash will one day be the next villain to fight against.

To be fair, I'm OK with the ending but a little confused that the team can now expand to 5 active members.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Next thing you know, the Star Fox timeline is going to have competition with Zelda's given Command having multiple endings! :troll:

So far, current speculation on which ending most people think will be canon is the first ending where Amanda joins the Star Fox crew & everyone is back together again while it is heavily foreshadowing that Dash will one day be the next villain to fight against.

To be fair, I'm OK with the ending but a little confused that the team can now expand to 5 active members.
Dog the Bounty hunter has 5 people, why not Fox?!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
They don't even have to have a timeline to be honest.

They hardly bother with other series, unless you count The Legend of Zelda, so I don't really see what would prevent them from making games and have the characters stay the same, like they do with Mario for example.

Is there some sort of timeline in Metroid ?

D

Deleted member

Dog the Bounty hunter has 5 people, why not Fox?!
Hmmm.....you got me there. Fair point.

They don't even have to have a timeline to be honest.

They hardly bother with other series, unless you count The Legend of Zelda, so I don't really see what would prevent them from making games and have the characters stay the same, like they do with Mario for example.
Well, they do sort of mention the previous games as if they're connected together but as far as I'm aware, Nintendo hasn't said anything about a Star Fox timeline other than a manual in Star Fox Assault

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Actually yes, Metroid does have one. Its a lot simpler than LoZ and pretty decent. Most people don't want to include Other M but it wasn't that bad. Star Fox has continuation with people spats and love interests but somehow looks the other way with deaths from time to time. Like pigmy having died multiple times or Star Wolf from the N64 in general if I remember correctly

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Ah yes, I remember Pigma dying several times now that you mention it, and it felt a little weird.

I was wondering a little because I was afraid something like what happened in the Ace Attorney Franchise might occur to Starfox.

If you leave a huge gap of time between games and keep going that way, it will come a time when some character will die or will have to retire, and it might happen sooner than we think. And unless you use some stupid retcon, the characters we like won't make a reappearance.

Well, not like there's a lot of reasons to be afraid in this case, what with Starfox being a dormant series for now.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
The thing that's always chapped my ass is this: James, Peppy and Pigma were all "buddies." Pigma betrays The other two and James dies. Peppy tells younger Fox the sad news and leaves. Several years later, Fox becomes a competent pilot and usurps Peppy as commander of the bounty hunters.

Just exactly how did Fox do this, when in a military fashion Peppy deserves the higher rank? Just because Fox is all amazing, Peppy should still be leading the squad when they're reporting to General Pepper, as we also saw him replace him. That's either one hell of a Hail Mary Fox pulled in the little training he did or Peppy really sucks at his job.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Peppy was too busy rolling on the floor during one of his famous spasm attacks, so Pepper deemed him too senile to handle the job.

That or Nintendo logic, don't know which one is the most sensible though.

D

Deleted member

Just exactly how did Fox do this, when in a military fashion Peppy deserves the higher rank? Just because Fox is all amazing, Peppy should still be leading the squad when they're reporting to General Pepper, as we also saw him replace him. That's either one hell of a Hail Mary Fox pulled in the little training he did or Peppy really sucks at his job.
I'd probably pick the former, Nintendo has a nice habit of pulling in Hail Marys :p

If you leave a huge gap of time between games and keep going that way, it will come a time when some character will die or will have to retire, and it might happen sooner than we think. And unless you use some stupid retcon, the characters we like won't make a reappearance.
Well they seem to be on the verge of gettin Peppy out so it wouldn't surprise if he doesn't make an appearance in future games.

Well, not like there's a lot of reasons to be afraid in this case, what with Starfox being a dormant series for now.
Pretty much.

Its kind of surprising to me that out of all the current Star Fox team pilots active (Not countin Peppy or James), Krystal is the youngest (22) while Falco is the oldest (29), putting Fox & Slippy at 28.

I woulda thought Slippy was the youngest but I guess not!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Plus they don't really seem to age. And Fox is 28 ? They all seem like they're twenty at most (Obviously, not Pepper & Peppy).

D

Deleted member

And Fox is 28 ?
Supposedly. Thats taking into account how many years the games took place & their age was revealed on Star Fox 64's website. You can see for yourself here:

Fox (18)
http://web.archive.org/web/19980213033349/http://www.starfox64.com/fox.html

Falco (19)
http://web.archive.org/web/19980213033426/http://www.starfox64.com/falco.html

Peppy (41)
http://web.archive.org/web/19980213033502/http://www.starfox64.com/peppy.html

Slippy (18)
http://web.archive.org/web/19980213033539/http://www.starfox64.com/slippy.html

Krystal's age has never really been told other than the Japanese website for Star Fox Adventures: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gsaj/chara/index.html

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal is 36. Totes cougar.

Also, everyone name their second favorite Smash newcomer choice besides the blue vixen.

D

Deleted member

Krystal is 36. Totes cougar.

Also, everyone name their second favorite Smash newcomer choice besides the blue vixen.
Hmm...tough choice as I always change my interests from time to time like Speedy....

I'm gonna go with Isaac I guess *shrug* but I'm probably gonna change my mind in about 30 seconds.

D

Deleted member

Panther!!!!

What, 5 reps too many?
5 Star Fox reps is enough to gave peopel an aneurysm.....:troll:

I had a chat with my friend last night on how Krystal could be possibly be retooled for a Star Fox reboot, what do you guys think?

Krystal would appear, but not initially with the team. She would have a new backstory (this is a reboot, need to purge SFAd plot holes) taking place entirely in Lylat. Perhaps merging her backstory with Fara's from the Itoh comic a bit. She's kidnapped by the Venomians, who judt killed her family. Star Fox rescues her. Having nowhere to go, she asks if she can come with Star Fox so she can seek revenge. Fox finds himself unable to refuse, knowing how she must feel given the loss of his own parents and lets her come along over the objections of Falco and Slippy. She falls in love with Fox, but quickly learns to despise the fighting. Despite revenge being her motivation for tagging-along with Star Fox, once she realizes what that revenge requires, she can't do it. This would give her internal conflict: she loves Fox and can't bear leaving him (He's the only loved one she has ), but she hates what he does and wishes to not be a part of it.
Seems...meh. Slippy objecting her? Krystal hates to take part of fighting yet wants to seek revenge? Thats kind of a contradiction.

I don't see it going very well at all. People will probably once again go "Ha! See? She is useless, she hates fighting & only likes Fox! Kick her out!"

Ahh well, I'll forgive him for adding this

This is probably not a very good plan, but it's the best I've got.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I've got a feeling nothing they do with SF will be right so attempting to please the masses is out of the question. Just have to have somebody buckle down and just come up with a great story that will take the franchise into a new direction that will include aerial, land master and on foot combat as well as personal conflicts among team members but also with enemies

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Reboots are dumb, but if it happened just make Sauria a planet they go to, and she grabs that nifty staff and kicks ass. Then she joins them.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
How about they reboot the series that hoes into depth about Andross going from a good guy to that giant brain with stems in the sky you shoot. The staff would be a certain quirk as to why she feels the need to join yet hesitant since she knows what lies ahead for Fox. Could also explain the Peppy flop aka going from being under James' wing to Fox, as well as why Wolf is your bitter semi antagonist.

D

Deleted member

Reboots are dumb, but if it happened just make Sauria a planet they go to, and she grabs that nifty staff and kicks ***. Then she joins them.
Hmm...not bad! Not bad at all!

How about they reboot the series that hoes into depth about Andross going from a good guy to that giant brain with stems in the sky you shoot.
I guess thats cool. Would be nice to go more in depth with Andross instead of just the usual "Hes bad guy that made failed experiment, you kill him"

The staff would be a certain quirk as to why she feels the need to join yet hesitant since she knows what lies ahead for Fox.
Seems about fair although I sort of imagine Krystal as the type of person that isn't really into modern fancy gadgets (Her staff is sort of like a Swiss Army knife!) but is at least willing to learn about using them.

I just don't want to see her as a character that can't fight for herself & has to rely on Fox or someone from the team.

as well as why Wolf is your bitter semi antagonist.
Wolf is just cranky because Fox stole his sweetroll. :troll:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Will I get shot if I say that Krystal's would actually fill the position of second most wanted character actually ?

I can't betray Toad like that, I've been wanting him ever since Melee, lol.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What's wrong with liking/supporting any of those three characters, for that matter?

D

Deleted member

At least you aren't one of those gosh forsaken Ridley , Waluigi, and Slippy supporters
Be careful now, it may seem like fun to poke at each other but its gonna hurt in the end. Choose wisely...

Oh yeah & uh, E3s coming up in 2 days! As usual, lets hope we'll get something related to Star Fox, be it a new game, Smash Bros related, or...whatever!

Also, while its usually its rare to find some good Krystal fanart (Its very subjective), I would be thrilled to find something like this:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys, Tomorrow's E3, Tomorrow is Judgement Day *Terminator 2 theme plays*, no not THAT Judgement Day (though it was a pretty darn awesome movie), Tomorrow we will know if Krystal will be in SSB4 or not

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Guys, Tomorrow's E3, Tomorrow is Judgement Day *Terminator 2 theme plays*, no not THAT Judgement Day (though it was a pretty darn awesome movie), Tomorrow we will know if Krystal will be in SSB4 or not
Not quite. I'd assume we'd learn about Krystal's fate during Nintendo's portion of E3, which isn't until Tuesday. But yes, tomorrow is the beginning of E3 per se.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Really hoping all the speculation against wolf is false and he gets altered, along with Falco and Krystal reveal for a new Star Fox game. Triple threat announcement, go big or go home!

D

Deleted member

Definitely holding out hope for a Krystal reveal. Would be so epic.
Oh it wouldn't be just epic...it'd be the storm of the century, the ultimate fire starter that'll drive people bonkers that not even a Ridley reveal can match up to (OK I'm sort of lying). We know there is going to be some pretty big controversy brewin & in the end, gives Nintendo some free buzz & money! Cha-Ching!

Really hoping all the speculation against wolf is false and he gets altered, along with Falco and Krystal reveal for a new Star Fox game. Triple threat announcement, go big or go home!
And for the love of god, please no more Landmasters, 1 is enough!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Do you think Krystal is popular enough that she'd be announced directly at E3 or that they'd keep her hidden until later ? I'd rather know she's in in the next few days (please make it !). But I think you're all right, it wouldn't make sense not to expend on the Starfox series as it seems that every installment series get new stuff, so I expect some sort of upgrade for Krystal since she's the logical next step for Starfox.

Plus I see that, although Starfox has been kinda dead if I may say so, she still is rather well-liked and has a lot of support compared to other characters from more popular franchises.

Top Bottom