• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Unless it's the rare spin off it's pretty much all running, jumping floating and copy abilities.

Also you seem to like Pokemon, speaking of series that never ever change. I don't wanna collect and battle Pokemon in Pokemon I also wanna stop in the middle for TPS segments.

The last two posts directed at you made perfect sense. Learn to read.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I thought you were against generalization, though ?

You know, for someone against it, you seem to like grouping Starfox with Kirby & Pokémon.

And no, Pokémon does change, albeit slightly. Unless Mega Evolutions, New Typings, Triple Battles, New Pokémon, entire new experiences (Colosseum, XD, Dungeon, do I need to go on...?) count for nothing. Kirby also introduces changes, did you even play games like Rainbow Canvas ? It's pretty...different.

It's fine to like space shooters, I like them too. I basically said that I liked them, but that I wanted other things as well, just like in Assault. And guess what, I don't really care that much because if you only like Starfox for Starfox 64's gameplay, then it will be you who won't play the next game, not I. Miyamoto already said there would be other things, so I'm already satisfied.

But I understand that you are just trying to be provocative, so I won't dignify any new posts of yours with a response.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I thought you were against generalization, though ?

You know, for someone against it, you seem to like grouping Starfox with Kirby & Pokémon.

And no, Pokémon does change, albeit slightly. Unless Mega Evolutions, New Typings, Triple Battles, New Pokémon, entire new experiences (Colosseum, XD, Dungeon, do I need to go on...?) count for nothing. Kirby also introduces changes, did you even play games like Rainbow Canvas ? It's pretty...different.

It's fine to like space shooters, I like them too. I basically said that I liked them, but that I wanted other things as well, just like in Assault. And guess what, I don't really care that much because if you only like Starfox for Starfox 64's gameplay, then it will be you who won't play the next game, not I. Miyamoto already said there would be other things, so I'm already satisfied.

But I understand that you are just trying to be provocative, so I won't dignify any new posts of yours with a response.
On your first point: I'm gonna give you some credit because I don't think English is your first language.

You really need to learn the difference between a spin off and a mainline game. That whole paragraph is just mistake central because of that fundamental misunderstanding.

It's not me, it's that the other **** just doesn't work. Assault was a decent SF64 wannabe with horrible on foot segments.

The first 2 games are the only universally liked games in the entire series. Think about it.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Oh goddamnit Wolf's still in isn't he

Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, and Lucas are the cuts. So it really comes down to whether this new Star Fox title makes the series big enough to deserve 4 slots

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
i think smash will have 2 characters announced next week if that being the most hope its krystal. But if anything she might be a hidden character

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Gameplay alone did not make old SF games special.

Not worth discussing here though.

I look forward to Krystal's deconfirmation!
So you come to a Krystal forum to share your hope of her deconfirmation?

Get out of here with your poor logic and go make a great game look bad like the rest of you nostalgia f****.

D

Deleted member

i think smash will have 2 characters announced next week if that being the most hope its krystal. But if anything she might be a hidden character
Ehh, I wouldn't expect any newcomer to be revealed this month since they did a big batch of reveals at E3 recently.

Maybe we'll get a few in August or 1 in July, but who knows.

I'd also think since release is slowly comin up (Unless they delay it again), Sakurai will probably spoil the hidden characters like Captain Falcon or Falco.

Last edited by a moderator:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
So you come to a Krystal forum to share your hope of her deconfirmation?

Get out of here with your poor logic and go make a great game look bad like the rest of you nostalgia f****.
Yup, I like discussions. It's not my fault you guys act like characters are real people and get legitimately insulted.

On nostalgia: Please see my reply to Ian. It's at the top of this page.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I'm not expecting, but am hoping for, Krystal to show up. I get Pac-Man, I suggested Miis back in Brawl, I get a solo Charizard, and most of my crew is confirmed. So the only ones I'm missing are Krystal and Midna (Hyrule Warriors gave new life to my hopes for her.) Not overly-expecting either of them, but I do have my hopes set high on them. I'd actually want to play a Star Fox character then.

The only way I could be shot down now is if Lucas and R.O.B. get cut.

I take leaks with a grain of salt, so no amount of "x leak says he's gone" is going to convince me either way. So don't bother with that.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Also you seem to like Pokemon, speaking of series that never ever change. I don't wanna collect and battle Pokemon in Pokemon I also wanna stop in the middle for TPS segments.
Pokemon introduced sexes, EV's, IV's, abilities, natures, held items as well as double, triple and rotation battles. The recent game brought a new type as well as mega evolutions to the mix. That's quite the difference in comparison to the original game if you ask me. I'd go as far as to say Pokemon requires more skill and knowledge to play than any FPS.

Oh goddamnit Wolf's still in isn't he

Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, and Lucas are the cuts. So it really comes down to whether this new Star Fox title makes the series big enough to deserve 4 slots
What's wrong with wolf?

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Yup, I like discussions. It's not my fault you guys act like characters are real people and get legitimately insulted.

On nostalgia: Please see my reply to Ian. It's at the top of this page.
I understand your like for discussions, but this is a Krystal support thread. All you're gonna deal with are people who will defend her when you come on a support forum and bash her. It's not our fault you make poor decisions. You can't complain about all of this to people who support it because no one will agree with you and it's just a waste of time.

Also, referring to your earlier post, the two earliest entries in the franchise may be the most well- received, but if Miyamoto were to want to stay with that idea, then the rest of the series would have never been so different from it's predecessors. Face it, the series changed and there's no going back. If you want a SF 64 replica, then you're not going to be happy with the new release. Oh, and what you said about the whole, "I can't speak english but can fly a plane two seconds later." You realize that there is a time gap between the two games, right? You also realize that the lore from the first installments were not forgotten either?

Last edited:

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
Double Post Warning Received
Ehh, I wouldn't expect any newcomer to be revealed this month since they did a big batch of reveals at E3 recently.

Maybe we'll get a few in August or 1 in July, but who knows.

I'd also think since release is slowly comin up (Unless they delay it again), Sakurai will probably spoil the hidden characters like Captain Falcon or Falco.
true but u never know. id like to see wolf get taken out for krystal. most females are mostly princesses besides samus, zero suit witch is the same person and shiek again same person.

That makes no sense whatsoever as I just said I liked flying in an airwing, but that I didn't want to do just that.

And guess what ? Kirby games change and introduce new things too.

The last two posts directed at me were just plain stupid.
i argee i but i like assault the best mostly because of the open world 4 player battle and the fact being on the ground had a lot more fun then being in a ship all game:\

Am I the only one here who is a little disappointed about the lack of StarFox content shown for SSB4 at E3? I mean except for Miyamoto pretty much trolling StarFox fans with the announcement that they've been working on a StarFox title since the Wii. No StarFox content has been added to SSB4 yet, but I suspect Falco & Wolf could be hidden along with Krystal possibly. The 3 newcomers announced recently were kinda spoiled due to all the leaks on the internet which made there reveals very boring.
yea they were id rather have krystal than wolf in my mind wolf fans had there fun so y not let the krystal fans have there fun

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
@ Fox fan6667 Fox fan6667 Listen, I know you're new here, but we've asked you several times to not double post. If you want to make multiple points, edit your post and include multiple points. I don't want you to get in too much trouble from the mods. Thank you :)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I understand your like for discussions, but this is a Krystal support thread. All you're gonna deal with are people who will defend her when you come on a support forum and bash her. It's not our fault you make poor decisions. You can't complain about all of this to people who support it because no one will agree with you and it's just a waste of time.

Also, referring to your earlier post, the two earliest entries in the franchise may be the most well- received, but if Miyamoto were to want to stay with that idea, then the rest of the series would have never been so different from it's predecessors. Face it, the series changed and there's no going back. If you want a SF 64 replica, then you're not going to be happy with the new release. Oh, and what you said about the whole, "I can't speak english but can fly a plane two seconds later." You realize that there is a time gap between the two games, right? You also realize that the lore from the first installments were not forgotten either?
Ignore him, Joe, he's too hardheaded

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love how people act like the sal leak says there arent more characters than he has leaked lol.
He reiterated the final newcomers he revealed, he knows a good amount about development as well if he has word that theyre cutting Lucas. The roster is at 47 minus snake, squirt, ivy, and lucas, with a random box that makes it an even 48, and dlc would make it an even 50/51. It just fits together so well. E3 was the last hoorah before the realease of the 3DS version. I think he would have let us know about other characters.

It just seems right. Krystal is currently ranked 7th on the DLC poll. Though.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
He reiterated the final newcomers he revealed, he knows a good amount about development as well if he has word that theyre cutting Lucas. The roster is at 47 minus snake, squirt, ivy, and lucas, with a random box that makes it an even 48, and dlc would make it an even 50/51. It just fits together so well. E3 was the last hoorah before the realease of the 3DS version. I think he would have let us know about other characters.

It just seems right. Krystal is currently ranked 7th on the DLC poll. Though.
he never says final... he just states what he said before is the same. He clearly missed rosalina and I think he will miss quite a bit more.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
he never says final... he just states what he said before is the same. He clearly missed rosalina and I think he will miss quite a bit more.
He didnt miss Rosalina, he was saving info for later and she was revealed before his next info leak. He's not missing anything because he has a CURRENT insider. He may reveal the DLC options though. It sounds like theyve yet to be chosen.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
He didnt miss Rosalina, he was saving info for later and she was revealed before his next info leak. He's not missing anything because he has a CURRENT insider. He may reveal the DLC options though. It sounds like theyve yet to be chosen.
Its never been proven thats the reason, I personally think its because he has seen an early version of the roster and thats why he has made so many mistakes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A lotta speculation going on here. What do we know for CERTAIN? What did Sal say?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
A lotta speculation going on here. What do we know for CERTAIN? What did Sal say?
Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

Participating characters is being interpreted as the "only characters" which I dont believe for one second.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well, apparently the source got their information a while ago from what people suspect, so theoritically, I suppose that they could not have known about every single character.

But the problem with this theory is that the roster had been decided apparently very early in the game's developement, so there's no real reason to doubt that it's all we're going to have. Unfortunately.

Shorts : Only 3 DLC candidates ? I was thinking there would be much more than that. Perhaps 3 at the beginning and then they could keep expending the roster by making more and more characters... Unless I missed something and it was said somewhere ? I'd be really disappointed if there was no Toad DLC.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well, apparently the source got their information a while ago from what people suspect, so theoritically, I suppose that they could not have known about every single character.

But the problem with this theory is that the roster had been decided apparently very early in the game's developement, so there's no real reason to doubt that it's all we're going to have. Unfortunately.

Shorts : Only 3 DLC candidates ? I was thinking there would be much more than that. Perhaps 3 at the beginning and then they could keep expending the roster by making more and more characters... Unless I missed something and it was said somewhere ? I'd be really disappointed if there was no Toad DLC.
I still highly doubt this, Ridley and a new dk rep seem way too likely.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I just hope you're right. I've kinda given up on the 'official roster' TBH. Right now the idea that there might be DLC is what makes me hopeful for certain characters like Krystal.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I just hope you're right. I've kinda given up on the 'official roster' TBH. Right now the idea that there might be DLC is what makes me hopeful for certain characters like Krystal.
Speculation has gotten quite exhausting at this point for me, I just wanna know.. Krystal will either be hidden unlockable, dlc or not in at all cept for trophy status :(

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Its a sad day indeed if the leak plus everybody but Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake and Lucas was all there was. I really don't see how that roster would make me think it would sell like hot cakes other than being the late test gen smash. 3 blue haired lords, return of semi clones without alterations and multiple move Palutena really chap my ass.

Then again, just a disgruntled Krystal fan

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I feel the same way, exactly... Where are all the fan-favorites ? The all-stars ? I mean, the HD is great, and I like the style of this new iteration but when I play a fighting game, I play first and foremost as a character, and when my favorite isn't in (Hello Sophitia, Soul Calibur V), then I just don't bother.

The strange thing with this series, though, is that I already have my favorite. She will never be cut ever, there is just no way. But if nothing new is interesting to me, cast-wise... Does the game really warrant its 60 bucks price to me ?

But yeah, speculation is exhausting...

...especially when it doesnt go your way, sadly.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I imagine them saving the fan favorite characters for DLC because they'd like to make money off of them.

For instance, if Pac-Man was never leaked, and instead included as a DLC character, I wouldn't buy him. I just don't feel he's worthy of Smash. My opinion.

However, if they include characters like K. Rool, Krystal, and other fan favorites, they'll probably get more sales.

Perhaps this is why we have a disappointing "official roster", so far.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No fan favorites?

Are :4littlemac:, :4palutena: and :rosalina:=
(Chopped Liver)?

I for one think it's a great roster despite not having Krystal and Ridley.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
No fan favorites?

Are :4littlemac:, :4palutena: and :rosalina:=
(Chopped Liver)?

I for one think it's a great roster despite not having Krystal and Ridley.
Right, overlooked them. My bad.

Perhaps they had to include some, otherwise it'd be completely awkward.

EDIT: When I think about Smash, I think about expanding upon more of these major franchises.

In this regard, I find the roster disappointing.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, I can understand Little Mac being a favorite to a certain extent (I was surprised by the enthusiasm displayed by people on these boards when it came to that character, definitely not the same everywhere), I suppose Rosalina is well-liked as well (but by no means does that make her a fan favorite, it's more that Nintendo tries to shove her down our throats. Not many expected her as well) and of course Palutena would be liked as well, if you were into Kid Icarus.

But are far far away from Brawl when it comes to fan favorites. It's just very disappointing...

Yes, they had to include some that were asked for, otherwise it would have been terrible. But the fact that you can look at the newcomers' list and overlook these three speaks for itself... I mean, I literally got nothing in Brawl, but there were at least characters I could play with and realize it was okay if mines didn't make it since they were less popular (Wario, Diddy, MK, Dedede, etc...).

However, when I look at the current roster and see Rosalina, I'm asking myself : why her and not Toad ? When I see Palutena I'm telling myself that people have now no reason to ***** about Mother being over represented, and when I see Little Mac my usual reaction is nooooooooooooooo 'I suppose he deserved it with the recent Punch Out Wii and his popularity in the west'.

I guess everything is relative.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Though I feel the ~leaked~ roster is probably accurate and we probably won't get any newcomers aside from those mentioned, I have a shred of hope when it comes to Starfox. There hasn't been anything in ages for Starfox. No stage or anything - just Fox and an Andross Assist Trophy. Why so minimal?
Hoping they are keeping something secret on purpose. DREAMING BIG!! ;o

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shulk, Palutena, Little Mac, Megaman, and Chrom have a large amount of fans prior to their reveal. Pac-Man, Miis, and Rosalina had smaller, but still some. Animal Crossing is a popular series as well albiet not so much in the regards of. Smash I suppose Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja (Within the smash community) Chorus Kids werent too popular.

I would say overall, we got five maybe six of the most popular choices this time around. K Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, Junior, and Dixie are missing however.

I would say it's a decent roster in terms of fan demand, but its not aces.

D

Deleted member

So I tinkered around with Krystal's Assault suit, which one of these colors do you like?

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Though I feel the ~leaked~ roster is probably accurate and we probably won't get any newcomers aside from those mentioned, I have a shred of hope when it comes to Starfox. There hasn't been anything in ages for Starfox. No stage or anything - just Fox and an Andross Assist Trophy. Why so minimal?
Hoping they are keeping something secret on purpose. DREAMING BIG!! ;o
What "Leaked" roster are you talking about? (Sorry, I've been quite out of touch recently.)

@ Shorts Shorts Yes, we can agree that the next Nintendo Directs are going to be a BOMB.

So I tinkered around with Krystal's Assault suit, which one of these colors do you like?

Uhmm.. Interesting... I really like the blue one (Obviously xD) but I like the 8 too. You should try to make a yellowish kind of suit, I think it would look cool.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

Participating characters is being interpreted as the "only characters" which I dont believe for one second.
Can you give me the source for that? I need to use it elsewhere.

Top Bottom