• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
He reiterated the final newcomers he revealed, he knows a good amount about development as well if he has word that theyre cutting Lucas. The roster is at 47 minus snake, squirt, ivy, and lucas, with a random box that makes it an even 48, and dlc would make it an even 50/51. It just fits together so well. E3 was the last hoorah before the realease of the 3DS version. I think he would have let us know about other characters.

It just seems right. Krystal is currently ranked 7th on the DLC poll. Though.
Who is 1st? I'm still hoping for the 51 characters thing to add newcomers we know nothing about.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Who is 1st? I'm still hoping for the 51 characters thing to add newcomers we know nothing about.
Remember the Mii counts as three characters so that's where the last two may go.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I took it from the first page of the main genmatsu leak thread by clicking on the hyperlink that talked about dlc.
Is that the one in the group page?

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
It's been a few days, so allow me to respond to some old statements.

First off, Palutena being in the game has absolutely NOTHING on Krystal's chances. Sure, she may also wield a staff, but Palutena uses many other aspects of her character. Krystal would also be able to utilize many other things from her character apart from the staff, so saying that a character who also uses a staff being put in cuts her chances is just a false statement.

Second: The Gematsu Leak. I have been battling the concept of this leak since the end of E3. What I think is that we may see more to the leak then given. While the whole Rosalina argument towards the leak is no longer relevant, the fact still remains: The leaker had never confirmed that this leak would be the rest of the supposed newcomers, sonwe still have a chance to see more. Whether we are or aren't will be decided when the initial roster is shown on the release date. Not to mention that their are also hints at speculated characters in various aspects of the game, so who's to say that the Gematsu leak is the limit.

Lastly, there was an article I read in the Official Character Discussion Thread which stated that Sakurai was, "Still looking at characters," this late into development. From this statement, I can see potential DLC in the works, or maybe even a few last minute inclusions. Also, the article showed that the final roster was decided a few years ago, so saying that Krystal's chances are increased because of the new Star Fox game is nonsense.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling Krystal will be a part of DLC along with mewtwo, I can't see them putting in a cut character for the main game, and mewtwo alone would have everyone one buying. Why I say Krystal for DLC is because people will complain that star fox has too many reps, but when more info of the new star fox game is released it would be perfect to introduce her. Now I do want her from the start but I'm just saying what I think is more likely.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I have a feeling Krystal will be a part of DLC along with mewtwo, I can't see them putting in a cut character for the main game, and mewtwo alone would have everyone one buying. Why I say Krystal for DLC is because people will complain that star fox has too many reps, but when more info of the new star fox game is released it would be perfect to introduce her. Now I do want her from the start but I'm just saying what I think is more likely.
Fair enough, but we have a few months before either version of the game is released. So untill then we'll have to wait & see what Sakurai pulls out of his magical character sleeves next.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Though I feel the ~leaked~ roster is probably accurate and we probably won't get any newcomers aside from those mentioned, I have a shred of hope when it comes to Starfox. There hasn't been anything in ages for Starfox. No stage or anything - just Fox and an Andross Assist Trophy. Why so minimal?
Hoping they are keeping something secret on purpose. DREAMING BIG!! ;o
That's actually another thought I was having for a while. Although, it could be just for the veteran reveals.

There will probably be another Smash direct or two before the release.

Then again, it does have me curious about the lack of Star Fox stages, etc...

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
That's actually another thought I was having for a while. Although, it could be just for the veteran reveals.

There will probably be another Smash direct or two before the release.

Then again, it does have me curious about the lack of Star Fox stages, etc...
Leaked roster? Is this recent? I must have missed it, could someone provide me a link? :p

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
No i thought they were only going to take up 1 slot not 3.
Well you know, just because they only occupy one slot doesn't mean that they are one single fighter. You have three Miis after all, much like how Zelda and Sheik shared one slot but were 2 characters, or how you had two Samus, and how Pokémon trainer had three Pokémon in one slot.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Well you know, just because they only occupy one slot doesn't mean that they are one single fighter. You have three Miis after all, much like how Zelda and Sheik shared one slot but were 2 characters, or how you had two Samus, and how Pokémon trainer had three Pokémon in one slot.
No transformations.

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
Shulk, Palutena, Little Mac, Megaman, and Chrom have a large amount of fans prior to their reveal. Pac-Man, Miis, and Rosalina had smaller, but still some. Animal Crossing is a popular series as well albiet not so much in the regards of. Smash I suppose Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja (Within the smash community) Chorus Kids werent too popular.

I would say overall, we got five maybe six of the most popular choices this time around. K Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, Junior, and Dixie are missing however.

I would say it's a decent roster in terms of fan demand, but its not aces.
I argee to that fan favorites are ridley, mewtwo, k rool, krystal, isaac, junior, and dixie. But for example i dont know who chrom or isaac are because in my mind those games are boreing (not trying to be mean or anything andby the way im actually 17 i just put 24 so u guys dont judge me)

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
Its a sad day indeed if the leak plus everybody but Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake and Lucas was all there was. I really don't see how that roster would make me think it would sell like hot cakes other than being the late test gen smash. 3 blue haired lords, return of semi clones without alterations and multiple move Palutena really chap my ***.

Then again, just a disgruntled Krystal fan
yep all ears

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Let's stop fooling ourselves, it's completely accurate. Now, we just can debate:

1. Is this all of the characters? (Probably)
2. Who will be DLC? (Who knows, my bet Lucas is on lock for DLC)
I still say all cut characters will be DLC first. Could be an interesting take on bringing back old Third Party characters too so that they're at the complete leisure of the customer. As far as adding more TP characters, I rather not but still a different route with that scenario nonetheless.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
At this point, my hopes for Krystal getting in the game rest solely on DLC. I think she's got a decent shot if that happens. Unfortunately, depending on who gets into the initial game, I think she may have to take a back seat behind other characters. Provided that these characters don't make it and are considered for DLC, I think she'd probably be behind:

Mewtwo - He was the most requested character in Japan when the roster was decided (see ChronoBound's findings on the Japanese fanbase), he is very iconic, he is still relevant to Pokemon, and he has a unique moveset already made.
Roy - Like Mewtwo, he was greatly requested in Japan when the roster was decided. He is also easy to clone from Marth.
Lucas - I feel he would have priority as DLC. Also, he would easy to create because he is a semi-clone.
King K. Rool - He is very popular worldwide, and has lots of appeal and moveset potential.
Dixie Kong - She may not be as requested as K. Rool, but she still stands out in popularity and Sakurai could easily use Diddy's body type as a base to create her.

However, regardless of those characters, I think that Krystal can still make it in as DLC. She definitely has unique moveset potential, and I think she still has a fanbase despite how vocal her haters are. If Starfox gets another character, I'm pretty sure she is next in line (most of you can probably agree with me on this). I can see around 6-8 DLC characters if we get a 47 character roster, and Krystal could definitely be one of them.

That being said, I'm taking a similar stance on Krystal that I had with Rosalina before she was confirmed. I do support Krystal, but I don't expect her. I feel that's the safest approach.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Krystal had a petition a year prior just to get the word out that people want krystal! lol. Think it has over 600 signatures too.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I am not ruling Krystal out until I see the legit Roster. I do believe the leak, but the fact that we have had no confirmation as to whether that is it or not is giving me hope.

If she's not in, then I assure you she'll be a DLC character. Sakurai was well aware of all of her current hype, so seeing as to how most of the options for DLC characters are popular Poll characters who will most likely not be in the initial game, Krystal fits that bill perfectly.

I will support her until I know the truth. Same with Mewtwo.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
No transformations.
Yeah, I know. I was just saying the layout of the selection screen for a Mii Fighter could be the same as Pokémon Trainer's from Brawl. Though maybe you could have a slot Mii Fighter and then you would choose a design on the fly for your Mii ? There are so many ways to go with this one.

As for DLC, I don't see Snake being a character there. He's either in or cut in my opinion, because I don't think a third party company would like Nintendo to get even more money thanks to their character. Just how I feel.

Concerning Krystal, she's either DLC or out to me. I don't think we'll have any more newcomers after Chorus Men, Chrom and Shulk, except maybe Mewtwo but whether he is seen as a newcomer or not really depends on the mindset of the creator. I expect popular characters that plenty of people would buy to make it as DLC, so Dixie, Toad, Krystal, Bandana Dee, probably Roy, K. Rool, Mewtwo if he isn't in the starting roster or Isaac.

Nonetheless, I will keep on supporting the blue vixen come what may.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The big issue with her as DLC is that we haven't seen anything from the new Star Fox. Like, anything. So it's probably very irrelevent to Smash bros 4.

Have we seen a Star Fox stage yet?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We have only seen Fox, no stage even? Strange.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, quite weird I must say. Of the all 33 characters revealed, Fox is the only one that doesn't have a stage (revealed) yet. I'm just hoping that this will mean that we're going to have a bomb-shaka-laka Smash Direct revealing Falco with a new Star Fox stage or who knows, an unexpected Krystal reveal with a Sauria Stage.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Throwing my hat in for support. I think it would be nice to have a spacie with some disjointed hitboxes via the staff, and OP's ideas for the specials have been what I've been arguing for since the announcement of Brawl. She makes more sense to have in than Slippy, Peppy, or even Wolf if for no other reason than that the staff alone would set her apart from the rest of the entire cast. We have yet to see a striking staff on a weapons-based character.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
We've seen nothing for Starfox as far as I remember, if you except Andross, Fox, and the Smart Bomb. Did I miss something ?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And the Area 6 remix during the Direct. That confirms a stage at least.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Iseeing customization makes me think that falco/wolf could get cut.

Honestly I'd wish falco would be cut and replaced with Krystal. He's just a semi clone who's just there. Sakurai was originally gonna put Wolf in Melee but put Falco INsted.

Wolf is very unique and if he gets cut and falcos a clone still and playable in smash 4 that's gonna be very depressing.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DKC also only has DK and Diddy shown. I guess Jungle Japes as 3DS stage also counts but... It's eerily quiet for these two series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
At least DKC has recent games to pull from. DKCR DCKR3D and DKCTF.

Besides SF:3D, we don't have too much to pull from. Hopefully we get some interesting stage choices regardless of which game it's from, as well as lylat cruise.

Last edited:

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
idk about mewtwo i mean they already have like 4 and lucario has so what of the same moves. As for dlc i dont know if they would have krystal its a big difference when japan doesnt like her compared to americas just saying

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

idk about mewtwo i mean they already have like 4 and lucario has so what of the same moves
They share 1 B move together & that is it. (Also implying Pokemon's rep count can't go up but thats another topic)

its a big difference when japan doesn't like her compared to Americas just saying
Because Japan totally reacted very nicely when Little Mac was revealed. :rolleyes:

Also, how do you know she is disliked in Japan? Do you have the evidence to counter this (It's Chronobound's observations on the Japanese fanbase's desires) or are you just making this up?

Star Fox: Requests are uncommon, but when they do come up its usually Krystal, Leon, or Slippy. None of these characters have a notable amount of request volume.
I see people say she is hated in Japan, yet they do not provide any evidence that says so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom