• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I don't understand why Wolf would be the one to go when he gives us the closest thing to a villain the series has to offer from a playability standpoint... protagonist, villain, and heroin seems like the right balance to me. Is Falco considered a side-kick or more an anti-hero?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I don't understand why Wolf would be the one to go when he gives us the closest thing to a villain the series has to offer from a playability standpoint... protagonist, villain, and heroin seems like the right balance to me. Is Falco considered a side-kick or more an anti-hero?
He's more like Han Solo. He fulfills that role to a T in Adventures, but the feeling was there since 64.

D

Deleted member

No its not worth it no matter how much I want her. Wolf is wayyyyy too important, and falco's playstyle is too loved.
I'd be careful when using "Too important to go!", we already lost the Pokemon Trainer & Sakurai so far still hasn't added Mewtwo back,

He's more like Han Solo. He fulfills that role to a T in Adventures, but the feeling was there since 64.
Pretty much.

Last edited by a moderator:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I would prefer to lose Falco if any of the space critters have to go, but before you look at my username and call "bias" I just want to point out that the roster needs more villains lol. Truthfully the only character from that franchise I ever enjoyed was Fox... you could just TELL that Wolf was slapped together with some stank and grease. His moves felt awkward all-around...

If Krystal was added and she had an awesome staff-based moveset I would quite possibly main her.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ya, Wolf has a sloppy moveset indeed, but his Utaunt is the best taunt in the game.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I'd rather have Wolf kicked out over Falco to have less of the canidae family if we end up with 3 Starfox representatives. Even though I enjoy playing with Wolf the most of all the space animals in Brawl.
But yeah, this seems like a situation where we have to give up one character (and 4 Starfox characters is very unlikely). So in my opinion, Wolf gets cut in favor of Falco the Melee veteran and Krystal the extra female for the roster with possibilites for a non-clone moveset.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No its not worth it no matter how much I want her. Wolf is wayyyyy too important, and falco's playstyle is too loved.
Like this actually matters. Mewtwo is way more iconic / important / loved than either of them and we have yet to hear A THING about him returning. I garuntee Snake/Squirtle/Ivysaur ARE NOT the only characters that are going to be cut, and I don't see losing Falco/Wolf as that awful of a thing. No way near as awful as Mewtwo being cut, and it still happened.

Wolf, Falco, Ike, Lucas, and Jigglypuff all have a chance at being cut.

IF I COULD CHOOSE I would have the roster look like this:

Fox / Falco (Think of Christie and Eddie from Tekken)
Krystal
Wolf

Fox and Falco could be almost identicle, with a few move differences. Like Christie and Eddie. It take less time, and they would both still be playable. We could then have more focus on diversifying Wolf completely, and then have Krystal be completely different.

OF COURSE this won't happen, but I would not be suprised to see Falco or Wolf cut.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Like this actually matters. Mewtwo is way more iconic / important / loved than either of them and we have yet to hear A THING about him returning. I garuntee Snake/Squirtle/Ivysaur ARE NOT the only characters that are going to be cut, and I don't see losing Falco/Wolf as that awful of a thing. No way near as awful as Mewtwo being cut, and it still happened.

Wolf, Falco, Ike, Lucas, and Jigglypuff all have a chance at being cut.

IF I COULD CHOOSE I would have the roster look like this:

Fox / Falco (Think of Christie and Eddie from Tekken)
Krystal
Wolf

Fox and Falco could be almost identicle, with a few move differences. Like Christie and Eddie. It take less time, and they would both still be playable. We could then have more focus on diversifying Wolf completely, and then have Krystal be completely different.

OF COURSE this won't happen, but I would not be suprised to see Falco or Wolf cut.
If wolf is cut nintendo will not be receiving my money as a dedicated star fox fan.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I already consider Wolf cut, if he's in Smash 4 I'll consider him a Newcomer.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I don't personally feel that Krystal would kick out either of the clones if she made it in, but I would greatly prefer to have Fox, Krystal, and clone... than Fox, clone, and clone.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Wolf really is not a clone he plays completley different with very similar specials which more than likley will be changed. If anyone is cut it should be falco which I do not want him to be cut but wolf has truly had a bigger impact on fox than falco. If they change wolfs specials and final smash he won't be a clone at all.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well that's dumb. Not play a really fun game because one character isn't in it.
How is that dumb, if a character Ive progressively rooted for since the beginning of smash bros. was removed after being included for inferior characters, that shows me sakurai doesnt understand anything about about the franchise that I love and that he thinks wolf is unworthy therefore nintendo would be unworthy of receiving my money for the game, hopefully he has learned from the foolishness that was cutting mewtwo that cutting iconic characters isnt smart.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
How is that dumb, if a character Ive progressively rooted for since the beginning of smash bros. was removed after being included for inferior characters, that shows me sakurai doesnt understand anything about about the franchise that I love and that he thinks wolf is unworthy therefore nintendo would be unworthy of receiving my money for the game, hopefully he has learned from the foolishness that was cutting mewtwo that cutting iconic characters isnt smart.
Not to diss, but maybe he sees more moveset potential in the character replacing. Don't worry though, I doubt my boy Wolf will get the Axe.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Then cut falco but tbh I dont want that either, I just want him to be more unique while being the heavy zoner/combo guy he is meant to be.
We'll see soon enough, but there's no way Falco's going before Wolf. Although i'd rather see it too.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Galaxy 3 (which sadly id be ok with) and Ocarina of Time 3 (Id also be happy with) since nintendo only knows how to make Mario and zelda...
And then when they're FINALLY about to announce a smaller-scale project...it isn't Star Fox or it was originally going to be Star Fox but it gets shafted & another franchise takes over.

Feels awful, man.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
You know, it's interesting, but Sakurai was going to be in charge of a brand new Star Fox before Kid Icarus was chosen. Do you think he could surprise the world by announcing that he's going to return to the idea of a new Star Fox?

I mean, he's stated that he's been working at Namco-Bandai studios, but what about Sora? Maybe some workers have stayed behind? This could be absolutely ridiculous, but keep an open mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, it's interesting, but Sakurai was going to be in charage of a brand new Star Fox before Kid Icarus was chosen. Do you think he could surprise the world by announcing that he's going to return to the idea of a new Star Fox?

I mean, he's stated that he's been working at Namco-Bandai studios, but what about Sora? Maybe some workers have stayed behind? This could be absolutely ridiculous, but keep an open mind.
Well...thing is with Sora, the website for it has closed which kind of implies that they won't be around much or do anything, especially if they left on this this note:

The company was dissolved on June 30th, 2012. Thank you very much for your patronage so far
I want to believe but I've been absorbing too much pessimism.

Edit: Huh, looks like they're still working on SSB4 with Namco. Thats weird.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Well...thing is with Sora, the website for it has closed which kind of implies that they won't be around much or do anything, especially if they left on this this note:

I want to believe but I've been absorbing too much pessimism.

Edit: Huh, looks like they're still working on SSB4 with Namco. Thats weird.
Well I didn't know Sora disbanded, but think about this: Maybe Namco and Sakurai are doing more than just Smash Bros...

D

Deleted member

Well I didn't know Sora disbanded, but think about this: Maybe Namco and Sakurai are doing more than just Smash Bros...
Well I guess Namco is pretty large so thats up to something.

I just dunno if Sakurai can do more than one project at the same time.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I did use Wolf as my 3rd main from Brawl but I do see him getting the axe. People are going to complain about clones although both Falco and Wolf weren't nearly as bad as the melee day clones. I honestly feel as though nobody should have to be cut but unfortunately will. They both deserve their place as well as Krystal making an entrance.

Star Fox may not be one of Nintendo's strongest or biggest franchises but still shouldn't stop an extra character if they have time to code them all in and continue to alter their specials. I don't think anybody in their right mind would openly complain to 4 reps in this series if time permits, with the same going for any other franchise. (Ok, maybe not Ice Climbers, G&W or any other retro character since people spazz out to new things in these games.

If I had to honestly choose who was to included into the game in order, it would be:

1. Fox
  2. Falco
  3. Krystal
  4. Wolf
  5. Panther
  6. General Pepper (For the lulz)
They each could have their own moves and provide something different to the game if given the chance. Not holding my breath but would be happy if they would give extra loving to the roster size (:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I did use Wolf as my 3rd main from Brawl but I do see him getting the axe. People are going to complain about clones although both Falco and Wolf weren't nearly as bad as the melee day clones. I honestly feel as though nobody should have to be cut but unfortunately will. They both deserve their place as well as Krystal making an entrance.

Star Fox may not be one of Nintendo's strongest or biggest franchises but still shouldn't stop an extra character if they have time to code them all in and continue to alter their specials. I don't think anybody in their right mind would openly complain to 4 reps in this series if time permits, with the same going for any other franchise. (Ok, maybe not Ice Climbers, G&W or any other retro character since people spazz out to new things in these games.

If I had to honestly choose who was to included into the game in order, it would be:

1. Fox
  2. Falco
  3. Krystal
  4. Wolf
  5. Panther
  6. General Pepper (For the lulz)
They each could have their own moves and provide something different to the game if given the chance. Not holding my breath but would be happy if they would give extra loving to the roster size (:
1. Fox
2. Wolf
3. Krystal
4. Falco

For importance and movesets.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
That's the thing with this franchise being that Falco, Krystal and Wolf all belong and fit in the game. I wouldn't be saddened if that list was the way they decided to add them, so long as they added them all. Nobody needs to be cut nor do they really have to be semi clones of each other.

D

Deleted member

Seems a bit pointless but heres a fun little fact most of you probably don't know about: When Dinosaur Planet was getting changed to become Star Fox Adventures Krystal was originally going to be cut & never appear in future Star Fox titles again.

However...Nintendo (Or possibly Miyamoto) came in (Probably at the last minute or something, who knows) & wished that she stayed in the game. Look where we are now! Eh? Eh?

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely love the idea of Krystal is Smash4. @ Shorts Shorts I love your move set. I would just add elemental damage to more of her attacks like maybe fire for up smash and electric for down smash things like that. I agree the only way Krystal should be in is with her staff. And she SHOULD be in!

I copied some of your moves for my moveset (especially the specials. SO PERFECT) since I loved them so much, but here is my version of the moveset if you're interested.

Toggle Spoiler

Krystal:

A: Krystal swings her staff vertically downwards.
AA: Krystal swings her staff horizontally.
AAA: Krystal holds the staff out of the way and does a Kick Combo.
Froward+A: Krystal swings her staff vertically upwards.

Down+A- Krystal sweeps her staff across the ground, trips opponents.
Up+A: Krystal spikes her staff upwards.
A (While Dashing) Krystal uses a Spin Combo.

Air Attacks:
A: Krystal turns toward the screen, holds the staff in front of her, and spins it around.
Forward+A: Krystal swings the staff, and spins 360 degrees with it.
Back+A: Krystal kicks backwards midair.
Down+A: Krystal swings her staff downwards with great force midair, meteor smash.
Up+A: Krystal pins the staff like propeller causing some additional air.

Smash attacks:
smash side+A: Krystal puts her staff on the ground vertically and uses it to jump kick forward
Smash down+A:- Krystal points her staff downwards to the side and discharges electricity from it.
Smash up+A: Krystal points her staff upwards and waves it left and right, discharging fire.
Grab attacks:
grab+A: Krystal whacks the opponent with the hand holding her staff.
Grab+forward: Krystal lightly releases the opponent and then swats with her staff.
grab+back: Krystal flips backwards, enemy in hand, and crashes down on them staff first.
grab+back: Krystal puts them on the ground and freezes them with her staff.
Grab+up: Krystal tosses the opponent upwards and jabs with her staff dealing burn damage.
Specials:
B: Fireball Blaster - Krystal fires a quick fireball from her staff. When B is held, the shot can be angled before fired.
Side+B: Ice Spray - Krystal sprays a continuous cryogenic gas stream.
Down+B: Quake - Krystal slams her staff down and electricity spreads out a short distance all opponents standing nearby are shocked.
up+B: Rocket Booster - Krystal rockets upwards. (this can be charged. The longer its charged, the higher she launches up.)

Final Smash: Arwing

flies around can knock into opponent's and shoot them with laser cannon.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
I really hope a new Starfox game is announced soon and that the makers of Smash Bros were well informed about it during the character selection process ;o

Ever since melee I've wanted to be able to have a 4 person Starfox match. Being that this is the fourth installment of Smash Bros, and we have got a new Starfox character every game, I was looking forward to the possibility of having 4 reps. But there's so much talk about one of these people getting cut and it's bothersome. I think people take character selections too seriously. We get a lot of random surprises. Nobody ever would have anticipated Wii Fit Trainer, Ivysaur, or even ROB. And I saw quite a few people being "75% sure" Rosalina wouldn't make it.

We have 4 pokemon already confirmed, when Mewtwo and Jigglypuff seemed more likely than Greninja/Charizard to the masses. I don't think a particular series deserves a certain amount of reps. Some of these series have singular characters that are the only ones popular enough to be considered. I don't know much about Metroid, but all I ever see is Samus (obv) and Ridley requested from it. I'm assuming that those two are the only main popular characters in the franchise. It just so happens Starfox is a game with a cast of characters that are a team, and all of them carry fanbases. So why can't there be 4 Starfox characters? I'm not saying I think there will be but I'm not saying I think there won't be. It's impossible for us to know the true details of character selection.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I am beginning to get really get really angry at Nintendo, seriously Mario, Donkey Kong, and Zelda are not enough,, there needs to be more diversity in the Wii U first party line up, it's been that way ever since Iwata and Reggie have taken over, the Wii was a fluke in hindsight, considering Nintendo sales immediately reverted back to the GameCube

D

Deleted member

I am beginning to get really get really angry at Nintendo, seriously Mario, Donkey Kong, and Zelda are not enough,, there needs to be more diversity in the Wii U first party line up, it's been that way ever since Iwata and Reggie have taken over, the Wii was a fluke in hindsight, considering Nintendo sales immediately reverted back to the GameCube
Its not exactly just Reggie & Iwata being the problem, its Nintendo's management as a whole, they have to go & we need young & fresh blood (And someone who actually has a background in gaming than something like Pizza Hut!)...we'll have to see how June goes as the shareholders will cast their vote on Iwata either staying on the CEO's seat or getting fired despite himself saying "I won't resign"

On topic: Another day without Star Fox content as usual. I'm guessing we have to wait until E3 for Krystal's fate

Top Bottom