• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Posted this before but Ill post again since people are wanting a new sf here is what I want from a new star fox game.

What I want from the star fox series

ALL SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED AND ALL NEW IDEAS.

The star fox series is imo nintendo’s franchise with the most interesting characters and story line and it has been quite a while since we have had a real entrance to the series. For Nintendo to bring this back they will have to make it a full experience todays audience will not be satisfied with a small 2 hour run of a game like we used to that’s why I think they should pull no punch when it comes to remaking star fox into a hit franchise.

First off the most important thing is to include the air missions that we all know and love, they will be included as well as the landmaster and submarine. There will always be a flight mission when moving between planets (this would not be required if you are travelling to a planet you have previously been to unless the story permitted it.) flight missions can also happen on the planets depending on the situation of the story, and of course there would be amazing boss battles for the flying segments, the space shooter parts are the core gameplay mechanic of the older games so its very important to get this right.

Also to note I would have the gameplay occur over the lylat system and maybe another system they somehow stumble upon, this would allow you to go to beloved old worlds you remember from 64 and find brand new ones.

Now the ground gameplay is what will be a huge factor in this game, the way I would like to see it implemented is in a mass effect sort of style where you pick 2 team members to come with you on the ground while 1 stays in the air with an airwing or a landmaster, It would just depend on the mission and the rest of your guys would stay in the Great fox. The Gunplay would be serious and very much like mass effect, there would be no real guns only futuristic ones to maintain the futuristic vibe, another important thing is the melee combat.

Besides the Gunplay the melee combat could be very bayonettaish or dmc ish where fox can perform various combos and techniques on an opponent in battle, they could turn this into an in depth combo system (fox could even grab a blocking opponent.) using brand new moves and even use moves from the various smash bros. games. Your squadmates would also have their various battle stats abilities and would help out in different ways on an individual basis including exclusive dialogue to each squadmate in every situation.

There would also be a money system where you can find money in hiddenspots or from defeating enemies or completing missions or various challenges. This money can be used to upgrade everything, you can upgrade all of your combat skills, armor, gunplay skills, arwing skills, landmaster skills, sub skills and even all of your squadmates various skills could be upgraded. Id also like to include an upgrade system for the Great Fox (idk how to implement it yet but I think it’s a good idea). Money could also buy better guns, and various unlockables.

Ground Missions would not only be combat, it would have its downtime where there might be various puzzles in the game or elements of exploration to change up the pace. There would also be great ground bosses as well as the ones you fight in air ships. There would also be plenty of secrets to find for those who look well enough.

I feel the campaign needs to be pretty long (20 hours or more) and it needs to have a really good story, Nintendo needs try to make it the most serious story in their arsenal of great games. I feel there should be a lot of positions changed such as peppy getting general peppers job and there being a new star fox member, various new elements like that. I feel after you beat the star fox campaign you should unlock the star wolf campaign which is an entirely new campaign that is completely its own story where you play as wolf and find out the parts they play in the campaign and when you beat that story you unlock the final campaign that has the true ending.

I think that the campaign should also offer a co op mode where a person with the wii u gamepad can play as a team mate by looking at the pads screen, they could be there during every battle in the air or on the ground. There should also be a standard multiplayer mode where you can fight each other, ai’s in a various number of deathmatch on ground or in the air, that could even include racing to get to your airwing, this needs to be on and offline with several unlockable stages and characters and maybe even colors.

Another Mode that should be in the game besides campaign is a mission mode where you can complete various challenges thrown at you, by completing these you can unlock secrets and unlockables, there will also be leaderboards for all competitive things.

There will also be a “Unlockable” spot on the menu where u can look at all of your unlocked secrets and see how many you have left, the more secrets you unlock the more hints are given to unlock other secrets in this menu, this is the main place to access your unlockables as well.

There will also be a classic training mode for the new member of the star fox team so you can learn all of the controls just like you could in 64.

These are just some of the things I would love to see from a new Star fox game, I would love to hear your guys thoughts on the matter or maybe some cool ideas for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's some fun food for thought. This isn't definitive proof in any shape or form, but I thought it'd be interesting to point out (unless I missed something and it already has been pointed out earlier):

~Yikes~

What are your thoughts?
To be honest, its probably overanalyzing it unless the next newcomer happens to have a different shade of green, then I'm convinced.

It would also make sense if Fox had a yellowish-orange background considering that was his border color in Star Fox 64 & 64 3D.

You are correct with Krystal being more associated with a deeper blue than Falco.

This is roughly Falco's feather color, phthalo blue (Using his render from 64 3d)

And this is roughly Krystal's fur color, sapphire blue (Using her render from Assault)

The star fox series is imo nintendo’s franchise with the most interesting characters and story line and it has been quite a while since we have had a real entrance to the series. For Nintendo to bring this back they will have to make it a full experience, today's audience will not be satisfied with a small 2 hour run of a game like we used to that’s why I think they should pull no punch when it comes to remaking star fox into a hit franchise.
You're sort of off to a good start, I can agree that it needs to expand & last a little longer. (Unless they made the game's price cheap like $15 or whatever but this is Nintendo we're talking about)

First off the most important thing is to include the air missions that we all know and love, they will be included as well as the landmaster and submarine. There will always be a flight mission when moving between planets (this would not be required if you are travelling to a planet you have previously been to unless the story permitted it.) flight missions can also happen on the planets depending on the situation of the story, and of course there would be amazing boss battles for the flying segments, the space shooter parts are the core gameplay mechanic of the older games so its very important to get this right.
I guess it'd work OK, I'm liking how it isn't required if you're going to a planet you already went to since I don't want that to take up too much of the game.

Also to note I would have the gameplay occur over the lylat system and maybe another system they somehow stumble upon, this would allow you to go to beloved old worlds you remember from 64 and find brand new ones.
Seems fair.

Now the ground gameplay is what will be a huge factor in this game, the way I would like to see it implemented is in a mass effect sort of style where you pick 2 team members to come with you on the ground while 1 stays in the air with an airwing or a landmaster, It would just depend on the mission and the rest of your guys would stay in the Great fox. The Gunplay would be serious and very much like mass effect, there would be no real guns only futuristic ones to maintain the futuristic vibe, another important thing is the melee combat.
I guess its not too bad. I think to make the teammates & you more life-like instead of well, kinda being silent or boring, you can have conversations with each other & learn more of their backstories or the mission like in Mass Effect whenever you board the elevator, your partners will talk. The dialogue that you would hear with a team consisting of Fox + Slippy + Krystal won't be the same as having the team consisting of Fox + Krystal + Falco.

Your squadmates would also have their various battle stats abilities and would help out in different ways on an individual basis including exclusive dialogue to each squadmate in every situation.
Well speak of the devil!

Besides the Gunplay the melee combat could be very bayonettaish or dmc ish where fox can perform various combos and techniques on an opponent in battle, they could turn this into an in depth combo system (fox could even grab a blocking opponent.) using brand new moves and even use moves from the various smash bros. games.

Ehh...I think it would be sort of confusing to do unless your stats were geared around the more "Melee type". Maybe in a few missions it'd work but I dunno about changing style from gun play to a beat 'em up, I think it should be a bit simple but hey, its me.

There would also be a money system where you can find money in hidden spots or from defeating enemies or completing missions or various challenges. This money can be used to upgrade everything, you can upgrade all of your combat skills, armor, gunplay skills, arwing skills, landmaster skills, sub skills and even all of your squadmates various skills could be upgraded. Id also like to include an upgrade system for the Great Fox (idk how to implement it yet but I think it’s a good idea). Money could also buy better guns, and various unlockables.
So something like using space credits to get stuff? (Yeah i'm lazy, sue me) All right.

Ground Missions would not only be combat, it would have its downtime where there might be various puzzles in the game or elements of exploration to change up the pace. There would also be great ground bosses as well as the ones you fight in air ships. There would also be plenty of secrets to find for those who look well enough.
So pretty much like Serious Sam (For puzzles at least)? Now you're talking although I wouldn't add too many puzzles to the game. A huge field to explore would be nice instead of being in a boring hallway, corridor, small area, etc....

I feel the campaign needs to be pretty long (20 hours or more) and it needs to have a really good story, Nintendo needs try to make it the most serious story in their arsenal of great games. I feel there should be a lot of positions changed such as peppy getting general peppers job and there being a new star fox member, various new elements like that. I feel after you beat the star fox campaign you should unlock the star wolf campaign which is an entirely new campaign that is completely its own story where you play as wolf and find out the parts they play in the campaign and when you beat that story you unlock the final campaign that has the true ending.
Yes, the campaign really needs to be longer...although the story doesn't have to be "Super serious all the time". It should be like Assault's where it has its mix of being serious & corney, I think it works better that way.

As for changing positions...I think its fine the way it is now.

As for a Star Wolf campaign...it sounds pretty neat and I'd be all for it. As for the true ending, well, as long as its not like Command where most of them were depressing, then cool.

I think that the campaign should also offer a co op mode where a person with the wii u gamepad can play as a team mate by looking at the pads screen, they could be there during every battle in the air or on the ground. There should also be a standard multiplayer mode where you can fight each other, ai’s in a various number of deathmatch on ground or in the air, that could even include racing to get to your airwing, this needs to be on and offline with several unlockable stages and characters and maybe even colors.
I think Co-op in Star Fox is neat so props to that! As for multiplayer, its all right but I think more stuff should be added than just deathmatch. Could always have customizable rules from Assault like Last Man Standing, Snipers Only, etc.

Racing is...cool I guess. I dunno why colors would be unlockable unless its for customization like the Arwing.

Another Mode that should be in the game besides campaign is a mission mode where you can complete various challenges thrown at you, by completing these you can unlock secrets and unlockables, there will also be leaderboards for all competitive things.
Yeah all right, thats fair.

There will also be a “Unlockable” spot on the menu where u can look at all of your unlocked secrets and see how many you have left, the more secrets you unlock the more hints are given to unlock other secrets in this menu, this is the main place to access your unlockables as well.
So sort of like a check list in Kirby Air Ride...OK.

There will also be a classic training mode for the new member of the star fox team so you can learn all of the controls just like you could in 64.
As long as the game or campaign doesn't force you to do the tutorial level, then thats great. Make it optional.

These are just some of the things I would love to see from a new Star fox game, I would love to hear your guys thoughts on the matter or maybe some cool ideas for it.
So far, you've kinda got me on your ideas. I'm sure everyone else has their different standards on what they consider good but hey, I think its so far at least good than the other ideas I've seen.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Ehh...I think it would be sort of confusing to do unless your stats were geared around the more "Melee type". Maybe in a few missions it'd work but I dunno about changing style from gun play to a beat 'em up, I think it should be a bit simple but hey, its me.
This would be challenging to implement but it would be worth it.

So something like using space credits to get stuff? (Yeah i'm lazy, sue me) All right.
Yes

Yes, the campaign really needs to be longer...although the story doesn't have to be "Super serious all the time". It should be like Assault's where it has its mix of being serious & corney, I think it works better that way.
Dont worry, even though I want things to be super serious as in "dire" there will still be plenty of times for the characters quirky sides to shine through.

As for changing positions...I think its fine the way it is now.
Yea I could be ok with that but I do want slippy to stay on the Great Fox and have a brand new member recruited into the team from the Cornerian Academy. Also Star Wolf would get a new member to replace Pigma or Oikonny with Kat joining the Star Wolf team.

As for a Star Wolf campaign...it sounds pretty neat and I'd be all for it. As for the true ending, well, as long as its not like Command where most of them were depressing, then cool.

Dont worry both the Star Fox and Star Wolf Endings are cannon its just they segway into the Final Campaign. Nothing from Command will be in this game..

I think Co-op in Star Fox is neat so props to that! As for multiplayer, its all right but I think more stuff should be added than just deathmatch. Could always have customizable rules from Assault like Last Man Standing, Snipers Only, etc.
There would be a ton of multiplayer options for offline and online.

Racing is...cool I guess. I dunno why colors would be unlockable unless its for customization like the Arwing.
Racing as in trying to reach your arwing to fight before the opponent gets in theirs or something, colors and various symbols are unlockable for your own personal arwings for you to customize for multiplayer offline and online.

As long as the game or campaign doesn't force you to do the tutorial level, then thats great. Make it optional.

Tis optional like star fox 64.

So far, you've kinda got me on your ideas. I'm sure everyone else has their different standards on what they consider good but hey, I think its so far at least good than the other ideas I've seen.
I just want this to happen so bad, If we dont get it by the time I become a developer Ill try to make it happen then.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
So when I said I had a concept, I meant a story. It will take me A LONG AMOUNT OF TIME TO TYPE BOTH, so i'll start with the story. Please note that their are probably flaws, holes, and things you don't like, but I felt like sharing because Star Fox. Enjoy my massive text wall! :)

So basically, since I read that Command is considered Non-Canon, the next adventure takes place some time after Assault, probably 1-2 years.

Now note: while the game does not relate to Command, it does in-fact, take certain aspects if it.

Some time after Assault, our heroes have lived in a peaceful Lylat System, only taking action against notorious bandit groups, and even a couple of clashes with Star Wolf. The Cornerian Army has become as strong as ever, as the post Aparoid crisis as given them new battle strategy's, and time to upgrade their weaponry, and vehicles. Many young people have joined the army as well, in an act if support, and to help prevent another crisis. Their have also been many small Cornerian fleets on almost every planet, except for Venom. The army is now a machine, and is as strong as ever, ensuring safety along the galaxy. However, A young pilot named Dash, is kicked out of the Cornerian army, for unknown reasons, ( a point I have not yet created.) Furious and filled with vengeance, Dash uses his expert skills and wonders off on his own, eventually finding out that his uncle Oikonny, survived the shipwreck on Fortuna. With each of them having their own personal vendetta with the Lylat System, they unite and start a revolution, which is a way to gather support for their army by claiming to fight for their own fair treatment, and to re-create Venom as a safe haven for the banished, but is actually just propoganda for power. The army is aware, but does little to nothing to cease it, as it seems to be just mindless banter of a madman who lost his chance. However, It doesn't take long before their acts of rebellion gain popularity from outcasts and rebels, and soon, their army is massive, with drifters from all around the galaxy joining their cause. However, in the midst of the revolution, Oikonny and Dash discover the remnants of a fallen aparoid. Using their knowledge, and with the help of various minds in their army, they silently re-create a small aparoid fleet under their control, using the remnants of the DNA found in it's body. They eventually re-create fleets of Aparoids in quick succession, and are now in co-command of two massive armies, all completely obediant to them, which are both under the title, "Venom Union Forces." With this power, Oikonny and Dash begin a Galaxy wide attack, attempting to take the system of Lylat under a new order. Team Star Fox, must team up with the army of Corneria, as well as various other small militias in the Galaxy, to attempt to cease this attack, and restore the Lylat System to peace, once and for all.

The main Protagonists: Fox McCloud, Falco Lombardi, Krystal, Slippy Toad, ROB 64, General Pepper, and various other new characters from the Cornerian army.

The main Antagonists: Dash, Oikonny, Wolf O' Donnel, (that's a subplot i'll save for later, along with the rest of Star Wolf,) Leon Powalski, Panther Caroso, Andross, (another explanation,) the Aparoid clones, and other hierarchies and officials in the Venom Union Forces.

D

Deleted member

Some time after Assault, our heroes have lived in a peaceful Lylat System, only taking action against notorious bandit groups, and even a couple of clashes with Star Wolf.
I...guess that makes sense. Better that the Star Fox team be actually doing something for a few years instead of doing absolutely nothing.

The Cornerian Army has become as strong as ever, as the post Aparoid crisis as given them new battle strategy's, and time to upgrade their weaponry, and vehicles.
OK sure, as long as they actually learn from the battles they were in, then they should upgrade their weapons & etc considering that its the Cornerian Army, they should know what they're doing.

Many young people have joined the army as well, in an act if support, and to help prevent another crisis.
Good enough, fresh new blood would be helpful.

Their have also been many small Cornerian fleets on almost every planet, except for Venom. The army is now a machine, and is as strong as ever, ensuring safety along the galaxy.
Thats fair.

However, A young pilot named Dash, is kicked out of the Cornerian army, for unknown reasons, ( a point I have not yet created.) Furious and filled with vengeance, Dash uses his expert skills and wonders off on his own, eventually finding out that his uncle Oikonny, survived the shipwreck on Fortuna.
I will be waiting for that point, hopefully it has nothing to do with creating dangerous experiments as thats already been done in 64.

With each of them having their own personal vendetta with the Lylat System, they unite and start a revolution, which is a way to gather support for their army by claiming to fight for their own fair treatment, and to re-create Venom as a safe haven for the banished, but is actually just propaganda for power.
All right thats neat, an uncle + son using Venom as propaganda for power.

The army is aware, but does little to nothing to cease it, as it seems to be just mindless banter of a madman who lost his chance.
OK, I take that back, the Cornerian Army doesn't learn anything & continues to remain dumb, so much for protecting Lylat.

However, It doesn't take long before their acts of rebellion gain popularity from outcasts and rebels, and soon, their army is massive, with drifters from all around the galaxy joining their cause.
Once again, the Cornerian Army is the worst protector of Lylat...I'm expecting too much from them though so meh.

in the midst of the revolution, Oikonny and Dash discover the remnants of a fallen aparoid. Using their knowledge, and with the help of various minds in their army, they silently re-create a small aparoid fleet under their control, using the remnants of the DNA found in it's body. They eventually re-create fleets of Aparoids in quick succession, and are now in co-command of two massive armies, all completely obediant to them, which are both under the title, "Venom Union Forces."
Well, at least they know they aren't screwing around with their armies built, I like seeing smart villains.

With this power, Oikonny and Dash begin a Galaxy wide attack, attempting to take the system of Lylat under a new order. Team Star Fox, must team up with the army of Corneria, as well as various other small militias in the Galaxy, to attempt to cease this attack, and restore the Lylat System to peace, once and for all.
Good enough (Even though the Star Fox crew should be raising eyebrows at the Army for not doing anything to cease Dash & Oikonny's suspicious activities)

The main Protagonists: Fox McCloud, Falco Lombardi, Krystal, Slippy Toad, ROB 64, General Pepper, and various other new characters from the Cornerian army.
That sure is quite a handful of characters although...I kinda think General Pepper is still ill from getting infected by the Aparoids. I think he should rest & let Peppy take his place. Hopefully the new characters aren't bland.

The main Antagonists: Dash, Oikonny, Wolf O' Donnell, (that's a subplot i'll save for later, along with the rest of Star Wolf,) Leon Powalski, Panther Caroso, Andross, (another explanation,) the Aparoid clones, and other hierarchies and officials in the Venom Union Forces.
Honestly, I think Andross should stay dead & only be brought up by references or flashbacks, I honestly don't see the need to keep bringing him back alive.

Final thoughts: Its cool, I'll wait for more of your explanations. I would add more things to your concept but its pretty good & maybe reduce the number of playable characters as I wouldn't imagine anyone wanting to play as new characters from the Cornerian Army

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I...guess that makes sense. Better that the Star Fox team be actually doing something for a few years instead of doing absolutely nothing.

OK sure, as long as they actually learn from the battles they were in, then they should upgrade their weapons & etc considering that its the Cornerian Army, they should know what they're doing.

Good enough, fresh new blood would be helpful.

Thats fair.

I will be waiting for that point, hopefully it has nothing to do with creating dangerous experiments as thats already been done in 64.

All right thats neat, an uncle + son using Venom as propaganda for power.

OK, I take that back, the Cornerian Army doesn't learn anything & continues to remain dumb, so much for protecting Lylat.

Once again, the Cornerian Army is the worst protector of Lylat...I'm expecting too much from them though so meh.

Well, at least they know they aren't screwing around with their armies built, I like seeing smart villains.

Good enough (Even though the Star Fox crew should be raising eyebrows at the Army for not doing anything to cease Dash & Oikonny's suspicious activities)

That sure is quite a handful of characters although...I kinda think General Pepper is still ill from getting infected by the Aparoids. I think he should rest & let Peppy take his place. Hopefully the new characters aren't bland.

Honestly, I think Andross should stay dead & only be brought up by references or flashbacks, I honestly don't see the need to keep bringing him back alive.

Final thoughts: Its cool, I'll wait for more of your explanations. I would add more things to your concept but its pretty good & maybe reduce the number of playable characters as I wouldn't imagine anyone wanting to play as new characters from the Cornerian Army
Well I should've clarified that the protagonists are the Star Fox team, but the rest are friendly side characters. Same for the other side. Also, Andross is meant to be a flashback/ cameo chatacter, not an actual in game boss. I also intended to make the army slightly stupid, I mean, I wanted them to be powerful, but also have a reason to let another conflict happen :p Also, Dash's removal I would say would be from him speakig against the ways of the Cornerian Army. Making threats, preaching about his grandfather, all of that. Glad you thought it was good, I really hope that the next installment's story is better than what I came up with.

OH: and I almost forgot, I based this concept off of the Mass Effect principle that seems to be prominent in Star Fox discussion. You would be Fox, assisted by the Star Fox team, and can choose which characters you want to accompany you on your specific side if the mission. So let's say i'm sent on an aerial combat mission, then I would be Fox, add Krystal to the mission, and then 3 cornerian soldiers. There would also be oodles of Customization on vehicles, character design, weapon and vehicle upgrades, character upgrades, the whole 9 yards. Of course, there would be Co-Op, and an online mode i'll type out later.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Here's a summary for an idea for a Star Fox game, the game takes place 2 years after the events of Assault, a new evil threatens Lylat that's more evil than anything that's ever attacked Lylat before join the Star Fox team as they are on a quest to save Lylat from the clutches of this dark force,

D

Deleted member

Here's a summary for an idea for a Star Fox game, the game takes place 2 years after the events of Assault, a new evil threatens Lylat that's more evil than anything that's ever attacked Lylat before join the Star Fox team as they are on a quest to save Lylat from the clutches of this dark force,
Thats Star Wars, not Star Fox. :p

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The enemy's name is BlackStar, an evil organization lead by the mysterious figure known as NightSythe who can brainwash and mind control anyone he chooses into fighting for him and BlackStar, unfortunately Krystal is the first to fall to his awesome power as she is transformed into Kursed, the mission of BlackStar is to conquer Lylat.
Gameplay: The majority of the game is an open world space shooter, with a few ground missions, you play as Fox McCloud, though if you beat the campaign mode with Fox, you unlock the ability to play the Campaign mode as the rest of the Star Fox team, if you play as Krystal in the campaign mode during the part of her story in which she is Kursed, the game plays drastically different, as winning for BlackStar becomes her top priority. You travel to 15 planets and areas, each increasing in difficulty, some are even from the canceled Star Fox 2, the Wii U touchpad serves as a HUD
Music: The classic Corneria theme from the original game (Brawl version) is used for the Corneria mission, though if your on a ground mission, each character has a completely different soundtrack based on that character.
Unlockables:
Beat the Main Campaign as Fox: You get the opportunity to play the campaign as Falco
Beat the campaign with Falco: You unlock the ability to play the campaign as Krystal
Beat the campaign with Star Fox: You gain the opportunity to play as any member of Star Wolf
Beat the campaign with every character: You unlock NightScythe for play in VS. multiplayer mode

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The enemy's name is BlackStar, an evil organization lead by the mysterious figure known as NightSythe who can brainwash and mind control anyone he chooses into fighting for him and BlackStar, unfortunately Krystal is the first to fall to his awesome power as she is transformed into Kursed, the mission of BlackStar is to conquer Lylat.
Gameplay: The majority of the game is an open world space shooter, with a few ground missions, you play as Fox McCloud, though if you beat the campaign mode with Fox, you unlock the ability to play the Campaign mode as the rest of the Star Fox team, if you play as Krystal in the campaign mode during the part of her story in which she is Kursed, the game plays drastically different, as winning for BlackStar becomes her top priority. You travel to 15 planets and areas, each increasing in difficulty, some are even from the canceled Star Fox 2, the Wii U touchpad serves as a HUD
Music: The classic Corneria theme from the original game (Brawl version) is used for the Corneria mission, though if your on a ground mission, each character has a completely different soundtrack based on that character.
Unlockables:
Beat the Main Campaign as Fox: You get the opportunity to play the campaign as Falco
Beat the campaign with Falco: You unlock the ability to play the campaign as Krystal
Beat the campaign with Star Fox: You gain the opportunity to play as any member of Star Wolf
Beat the campaign with every character: You unlock NightScythe for play in VS. multiplayer mode
Cool story, bro.
But, what does that have to do with a thread about characters in a Smash game?
No really. I'd like to know.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I was thinking of one badass game where there are five Androsses; four artifical Andross based on SNES design and one is real Andross. Each event you will fight SNES Androsses with Arwing, Landmaster, Submarine, and on-foot. Then beat the real Andross with Arwing II.

For expert mode all SNES Androsses will transform into bull.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I call it Star Fox: Salvation, the game has a darker and edgier tone than any game Nintendo has ever made, it's still T rated though

The game begins with a prologue with a dark and intense song playing in the background, the screen fades into a bleak setting, it's red sky with a rainstorm occuring, we see Corneria City but it looks drastically different, it's in ruins with posters bearing a logo and pictures of a hooded figure, we see troops marching into the city bearing the same logo on their shoulders, one of the troops is speaking over a radio, the camera pans to see Fox McCloud, who is now wearing an eyepatch and has a scar running down one of his eyes, hiding behind a building talking over a different radio, in a gruff voice. Fox jumps out of his hiding spot, you take control of Fox during this portion and you have to kill the soldiers, this continues until you've reached the old Cornerian Capitol building, Fox gets ambushed by Kursed, a firefight ensues with you taking control after a cinematic and after a while Fox is killed, the screen turns white, as we see Fox, in his present form looking out of the window of The Great Fox

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I call it Star Fox: Salvation, the game has a darker and edgier tone than any game Nintendo has ever made, it's still T rated though
I'm sorry but...I don't think Star Fox should go in the way of "Shadow the Hedgehog".

And really, I don't want Kursed to appear again. Thats only gonna make more people dislike Krystal & the whole franchise.

(Sorry if i sound harsh but I'm just not buying into it)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but...I don't think Star Fox should go in the way of "Shadow the Hedgehog".

And really, I don't want Kursed to appear again. Thats only gonna make more people dislike Krystal & the whole franchise.

(Sorry if i sound harsh but I'm just not buying into it)
I never said this game was inspired by Shadow, I was thinking of more influences of The Terminator, Chrono Trigger, Resistance, Killzone, and Metal Gear (Future Fox's appearance is similar to Old Snake's from MGS4, but with sime differences) as for Kursed, well it was all I could think of for an evil version of Krystal

The game over screen has the BlackStar logo burning into the screen, with an evil laugh and a voice saying something relevant, from either NightScythe, Evil Krystal , or Wolf , with a dark tune playing and "GAME OVER" burning into the screen as well

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'd rather not have Krystal become possesed, because then more people will find a reason to call her useless -_-

D

Deleted member

as for Kursed, well it was all I could think of for an evil version of Krystal
Honestly, I don't see the need for Krystal to be evil or possesed, its just pointless & gives more ammo to the haters that call her "Useless" & blame her for Star Fox's decline. Not to mention that Krystal fans are going to look bad more...

I'd rather Krystal not be a damsel in distress again. She's already my ideal female character (And not for the stupid wrong reasons) & I kind of don't want to see a game where...shes captured again like in Adventures.

Not to mention that it kills me everytime someone mentions Kursed, its my kryptonite. :skull:

I never said this game was inspired by Shadow,
True but from what I'm seeing in your idea...I always think of "Shadow the Hedgehog" when it comes to a franchise being dark & gritty for the sake of it. Assault was dark & corny enough, it should stay that way.

I'm going to calm down & let it slide.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
So we've discussed Star Fox concepts, but let's talk Krystal again.

So, what do you all think her Final smash would be? Me personally, I want them to somehow utilize her telepathy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So we've discussed Star Fox concepts, but let's talk Krystal again.

So, what do you all think her Final smash would be? Me personally, I want them to somehow utilize her telepathy.
I...don't know how telepathy would work, especially with multiple fighters on the scene. I'd imagine it'd work with only 1 fighter at a time.

Or CloudRunner(s) for her FS... be it actual CloudRunner or her vehicle.
May as well go with this...or something with Krazoa Spirits. They clearly have the power to revive Andross so there is probably some other magic they could use on her.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I...don't know how telepathy would work, especially with multiple fighters on the scene. I'd imagine it'd work with only 1 fighter at a time.

May as well go with this...or something with Krazoa Spirits. They clearly have the power to revive Andross so there is probably some other magic they could use on her.
She revives Andross for her FS :troll:

Maybe they could give her a super powered weapon. Like the Gatling gun with massive shots that do a ton of damage.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Stampede always seemed cool. Just a simple dino stampede

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I really liked all these ideas about a new Starfox game, it seems a lot of ideas are actually quite similar in several aspects.

And I just had the weirdest idea for a Starfox game : a racing one. Lol.

Dinosaur Stampede led by Tricky, perhaps ? I feel he would probably have a part in such a FS.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
As long as you can attack him...

(Sorry, I just can't help it. I absolutely love attacking him. And it's funny when he spits fire at you, lol!)

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
So I have been reading new game suggestions and the first one is the one I liked best. They used mass effect as an example a lot but I think of Star Wars: kotor as a great base to start a star fox game. Sort of rpg style. More air battles than Kotor though and controls more like adventures and less like kotor. And whoever said adventures sucked is an idiot. I have been a long time star fox fan. First game I ever bought was Star Fox 64 and Adventures is my favorite Star Fox game.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
So I have been reading new game suggestions and the first one is the one I liked best. They used mass effect as an example a lot but I think of Star Wars: kotor as a great base to start a star fox game. Sort of rpg style. More air battles than Kotor though and controls more like adventures and less like kotor. And whoever said adventures sucked is an idiot. I have been a long time star fox fan. First game I ever bought was Star Fox 64 and Adventures is my favorite Star Fox game.
I think Star Fox cpuld thrive if they took aspects from every game. Let's get a Mass effect style to blend with the flight path system of NES and 64. Let's have an endearing story and properly controlled on- foot missions to compliment, and add to the experience. Let's learn from Command and not defficate on the franchise. Let's be able to return to Sauria at some point, and re-visit locations from Adventures.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And I just had the weirdest idea for a Starfox game : a racing one. Lol.
Funny enough, it happened! :troll:

Pretend Toad isn't there

I think Star Fox cpuld thrive if they took aspects from every game. Let's get a Mass effect style to blend with the flight path system of NES and 64. Let's have an endearing story and properly controlled on- foot missions to compliment, and add to the experience. Let's learn from Command and not defficate on the franchise. Let's be able to return to Sauria at some point, and re-visit locations from Adventures.
This dude gets it!!!

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
What about Zero Suit Krystal?

Melee attacks consist of staff whacking, all of them.

Up Special- Fire Fox
Down Special- Stance Change/Aether
Side Special- Wave Dashing
Neutral Special- Maka Chop
Final Smash- Submarine/Landmaster

When she's done with her final smash she could become zero suit maybe?

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What about Zero Suit Krystal?

Melee attacks consist of staff whacking, all of them.

Up Special- Fire Fox
Down Special- Stance Change/Aether
Side Special- Wave Dashing
Neutral Special- Maka Chop
Final Smash- Submarine/Landmaster

When she's done with her final smash she could become zero suit maybe?

What do you guys think?
I'm not really sold on that... especially with these moves present

Up Special- Fire Fox
Final Smash- Submarine/ Landmaster
Anyways, I really think that Krystal should learn a thing or two from Kilik

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I think Krystal's telepathy should be incorperated into her moveset. Maybe it could be a counter like Mac's and Marth's, where if they go to hit her, she'll avoid it and strike. Back. Her FS could be the suoer staff earthquake. A high jump into the air, then she dives back down quickly and slams her staff into the ground. Anyone who is within the range takes serious damage.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
What would Krystal's victory poses, taunts, attire, and victory theme
I guess that the victory poses and the taunts would be doing cool poses with her staff. About the attire, I'd like something new, different to Adventures, Assault and Command. Something more like what the other Star Fox memebers wear, just slightly different. A mix between Assault and the current Star Fox Attire from Smash.

The victory theme would be the same as the other Star Fox members

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I guess that the victory poses and the taunts would be doing cool poses with her staff. About the attire, I'd like something new, different to Adventures, Assault and Command. Something more like what the other Star Fox memebers wear, just slightly different. A mix between Assault and the current Star Fox Attire from Smash.

The victory theme would be the same as the other Star Fox members

The video has no sound and what would some of her quotes be

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe one of her lines from Assault, like, "You're not ready yet!"
Nah, I think they can come up with new lines for her such as...

"My training has really paid off!"
"You were good, but not as good as me!"

When Fox is present

"How does it feel to be defeated by a lady, Fox?"

When Falco is present

"Oh Falco, I always figured you'd be better in the air than on foot!"

When Wolf is present

"Weren't you supposed to be the tough guy, Wolf?"

Top Bottom