• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal is the most pleasent SF female in terms of looks. Katt doesn't look too bad either

D

Deleted member

I kinda hope in the future that Krystal sort of gets a slight redesign to make her look more of a fox than a cat/vixen hybrid (Although theres probably nothing wrong with it as its just me).

Something along the lines of this, perhaps?

(Drawing isn't by me)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Actually the chances rose because the creator of metroid said he's not planning on making another for some time

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
what we need is an F-zero game but highly doubt that being that mario kart pretty much took 1 of the 2 things that made it original
Miyamoto a while back thought that people had grown tired of F-Zero, and was happy to hear people wanted to see sequels, but for now they should play GX.

D

Deleted member

Didn't Retro Studios also say that "We'd be lucky to work on another Metroid game some day"? Sort of implies that their next game isn't Metroid or Prime...doesn't it?

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
A F-Zero game seems to be growing more likely as time passes. But I would love to see another ground Star Fox but where you get to play as all the characters, but with more flight combat then Adventures. Even though Adventures is probably my favorite game of all time. I would really like to get more play time with Krystal on foot.

D

Deleted member

A F-Zero game seems to be growing more likely as time passes. But I would love to see another ground Star Fox but where you get to play as all the characters, but with more flight combat then Adventures. Even though Adventures is probably my favorite game of all time. I would really like to get more play time with Krystal on foot.
Eh...maybe when the time comes, we'll get a spin-off Star Fox game starring her & then Star Fox fans won't have to whine that "Its not Star Fox!!!"

Personally, I think Assault is the blueprint for Star Fox's success despite what naysayers claim because to be honest, I personally find 64 to be overrated & I'd hate to see the franchise get stuck with the direction of 64.

But seeing how I'm probably the only Star Fox fan willing to accept change....meh.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Metroid and Star Fox are pretty much what I see happening next in terms of already established franchises. Earthbound is done. F-Zero isn't happening. And the rest of the big franchises have had recent games come out.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Eh...maybe when the time comes, we'll get a spin-off Star Fox game starring her & then Star Fox fans won't have to whine that "Its not Star Fox!!!"

Personally, I think Assault is the blueprint for Star Fox's success despite what naysayers claim because to be honest, I personally find 64 to be overrated & I'd hate to see the franchise get stuck with the direction of 64.

But seeing how I'm probably the only Star Fox fan willing to accept change....meh.
Pretty much this. I find it less boring to mix air phases with ground movements. And Adventure was pretty cool too, but Assault beats all the others entries in the series, at least for me. Add online rooms welcoming 8 players, to have good 4 V 4 and that would be a blast. Personally my favorite maps on Assault are Sauria and Corneria. Sauria is just so fun with all the little nooks and crannies you can explore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I find it less boring to mix air phases with ground movements.
Pretty much this. Getting out of the Arwing to me was a little bit of fresh air. I'm sort of glad Miyamoto made that bold move to make Dinosaur Planet a Star Fox game because to be honest while it may have alienated the fans who were looking forward to the game, I thought it was pretty neat to walk around & explore Sauria with Fox (Plus getting the characters out of their Adam West style personality from 64)...& I shudder at the thought of "Microsoft presents: Krystal's dino dance party". Even since the game was released in 2002, it still looks neat 12 years later which is pretty sad.

Plus nobody would be talking about Dinosaur Planet that much if it didn't have the Star Fox IP slapped on. The reviews wouldn't have been any better, they'd still call it a watered down Zelda game, & some years later we might get a sequel by Microsoft thats worse.

Add online rooms welcoming 8 players, to have good 4 V 4 and that would be a blast.
Or do the main campaign together with 4 player co-op mode, that'd be neat! (And you wouldn't have to deal with incompetent teammates although it all lies on how the player does...)

Anyways, I got my friend to try to draw a theoretical redesigned SSB4 Krystal. It may not be JECBrush...but eh.

~Removed for space~

http://improbablecarny.tumblr.com/post/82323444964/did-another-better-drawing-of-that-theoretical

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
They need a wii u fox game just think how in depth they can go with story, fox and metroid are the only series to really have a true story in my mind. Other m went a little over board but they could have so much tensions with star wolf I don't even know it could just be so good.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I came up with a whole concept for a new Star Fox, story, online, the whole 9 yards. Maybe i'll type it out in this thread tomorrow.

But for now, I came her to see some support for my most wanted newcomer, since everyone in my main thread seems to disagree.

Good to see you here! @Tillie-152

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I came up with a whole concept for a new Star Fox, story, online, the whole 9 yards. Maybe i'll type it out in this thread tomorrow.

But for now, I came her to see some support for my most wanted newcomer, since everyone in my main thread seems to disagree.

I have one waiting as well if I ever reach developer status.

D

Deleted member

I have one waiting as well if I ever reach developer status.
I shall be waiting.

Well...shes still got that negative stigma generated from a few Star Fox fans which now created a bandwagon (Yeah, I'm calling it that) so its not such a surprise to see their dislikes. I think its a bit unfair but whatever, different strokes for different folks!

Same to you!

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Can anyone tell me where to find the prediction that everyone has been referring too. Supposedly someone has prediction the character really accurately and I would like follow along with them! And I definitely like Assaults game play but the on foot stuff was a but choppy stuff. I would more detailed "Zelda" like game play I think it's the exact direction that it needed to go. Add more of its flying game play and you got the perfect Star Fox game in my opinion. To bad Rare couldn't do it again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can anyone tell me where to find the prediction that everyone has been referring too? Supposedly someone has prediction the character really accurately and I would like follow along with them!
Not sure what you're referring to, the Gematsu leaks? They're here along with other leaks but thread is locked: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/

I'm not going to give it too much credit as everyone else is.

And I definitely like Assaults game play but the on foot stuff was a bit choppy stuff.
I won't lie, on-foot controls & missions could use a little more work but hey, gotta start somewhere!

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I thought the on- foot missions weren't too bad, and if they were fluid, they would've been fine. The aerial combat in Assault was incredible though.

E3 2014, please don't dissapoint me.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
I thought the on- foot missions weren't too bad, and if they were fluid, they would've been fine. The aerial combat in Assault was incredible though.

Totally agree about the aerial combat! I love it! For me, I was just expecting a bit more on foot stuff like adventures. But like mentioned before by tillie you gotta start somewhere.

D

Deleted member

I think theres one thing we can all agree on

I should probably reword it as on-foot controls were a little awkward. The missions were good but...man, I have a slightly terrible time trying to control the Landmaster.

Don't forget to submit your Star Fox concept, I got my red pen out!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I agree, the landmaster was kinda hard to master, but the airwings were pretty cool on the other hand. It was also fun to see that the wings could be damaged and that it did have an influence on its steering.

D

Deleted member

Metroid will probably be revived next. Hopefully afterwards, we'll see Star Fox.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't see why Metroid has to come first. There's plenty of people who could make them at the same time.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Agreed. Especially since you can't really speak of revival for Metroid: compared to Starfox's last original game, Other M is more recent.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I think theres one thing we can all agree on

I should probably reword it as on-foot controls were a little awkward. The missions were good but...man, I have a slightly terrible time trying to control the Landmaster.

Don't forget to submit your Star Fox concept, I got my red pen out!
I will get on that within the hour. Lemme just run some errands real quick.

D

Deleted member

The creator of metroid said he won't be doing another for sometime, I love metroid games but it's time for fox to come back
Didn't Miyamoto said he wanted to see another Metroid or something like that?

D

Deleted member

Didn't Miyamoto said he wanted to see another Metroid or something like that?
Far as I'm aware, he did say "I feel like the possibilities of the GamePad for Metroid could be really fantastic" but he didn't exactly say "I want to see another Metroid."

As for Star Fox...

The Nintendo executive didn't give any details, but noted that "personally" the franchise he wants most on Wii U is Star Fox.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/06/miyamoto-discusses-metroid-on-wii-u

Pretty much translates out to "I personally want to see a Star Fox game on Wii U." even though its 2 years ago & no sign of it has happened...

Morbi

Scavenger
Far as I'm aware, he did say "I feel like the possibilities of the GamePad for Metroid could be really fantastic" but he didn't exactly say "I want to see another Metroid."

As for Star Fox...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/06/miyamoto-discusses-metroid-on-wii-u

Pretty much translates out to "I personally want to see a Star Fox game on Wii U." even though its 2 years ago & no sign of it has happened...
To be honest; that only reaffirmed that Star Fox isn't "dead" and therefore indicates that neither Wolf or Falco would be cut (for me, anyways).

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Krystal's problem is she's never been in a very highly rated game. Star Fox Adventures sucked was the highest at 80%. Star Fox games barely get any attention these days and don't seem to sell amazingly for the rare instance that they actually release one.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal's problem is she's never been in a very highly rated game. Star Fox Adventures sucked was the highest at 80%. Star Fox games barely get any attention these days and don't seem to sell amazingly for the rare instance that they actually release one.
I like Star Fox Adventures

I like Star Fox Assault.

A lot of people do.

That's just like, your opinion

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

don't seem to sell amazingly for the rare instance that they actually release one.
All right...time to stop right there.

Take into account that before the Wii, the userbase was decreasing which means sales for the games are gonna decrease. Not a lot of games on the Gamecube ever sold more than 10 million copies (Not even Melee!)

Lets take a look at the top 15 best selling GC from VGCHartz (Don't give me any of that "Its not realible" bullcrap)

1. Super Smash Bros Melee - 7.07 million
2. Mario Kart Double Dash - 6.95 million
3. Super Mario Sunshine - 6.31 million
4. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - 4.60 million
5. Luigi's Mansion - 3.60 million
6. Animal Crossing - 3.15 million
7. Metroid Prime - 2.82 million
8. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - 2.56 million
9. Pokemon Colosseum - 2.54 million
10. Mario Party 4 - 2.47 million
11. Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door - 2.25 million
12. Mario Party 5 - 2.08 million
13. Sonic Mega Collection - 2.05 million
14. Star Wars: Rouge Leader: Rouge Squadron III - 1.90 million
15. Star Fox Adventures - 1.87 million
Hmm...for a game that was "Received negatively" & a "Departure from Star Fox franchise", it sure sold more copies than Pikmin 1 & 2, Kirby Air Ride, & Pokemon XD. Not to mention that again it was on a platform that had a smaller installbase than the N64.

How about the reviews for this game?

Now yes, when compared to 64, its not as highly rated but its still fairly good. I just think only Star Fox purists (Who I consider a vocal minority) reacted negatively to it because "It tried to be different!"

Now lets look at sales for the console based Star Fox game!

Star Fox 64 - 4.03 million
Star Fox SNES - 2.99 million
Star Fox Adventures - 1.87 million
Star Fox Assault - 1.08 million
All of them have always sold a million copies, isn't that a good thing?

Also, when has Iwata, Miyamoto, or Nintendo acknowledged that "The games don't sell so no new title for you!"?

If you link me that Iwata asks discussion where Miyamoto said "if this game wasn't interesting, I couldn't make any more Star Fox games!", then you didn't catch the part where he laughs after he said that. People are just making this **** up just to try justifying why we don't have a new Star Fox game.

This false notion bandwagon needs to end right now.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
ITT Anything that isn't Star Fox 64 sucks and people having too high standards.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
All right...time to stop right there.

Take into account that before the Wii, the userbase was decreasing which means sales for the games are gonna decrease. Not a lot of games on the Gamecube ever sold more than 10 million copies (Not even Melee!)

Lets take a look at the top 15 best selling GC from VGCHartz (Don't give me any of that "Its not realible" bullcrap)

Hmm...for a game that was "Received negatively" & a "Departure from Star Fox franchise", it sure sold more copies than Pikmin 1 & 2, Kirby Air Ride, & Pokemon XD. Not to mention that again it was on a platform that had a smaller installbase than the N64.

How about the reviews for this game?

Now yes, when compared to 64, its not as highly rated but its still fairly good. I just think only Star Fox purists (Who I consider a vocal minority) reacted negatively to it because "It tried to be different!"

Now lets look at sales for the console based Star Fox game!

All of them have always sold a million copies, isn't that a good thing?

Also, when has Iwata, Miyamoto, or Nintendo acknowledged that "The games don't sell so no new title for you!"?

If you link me that Iwata asks discussion where Miyamoto said "if this game wasn't interesting, I couldn't make any more Star Fox games!", then you didn't catch the part where he laughs after he said that. People are just making this **** up just to try justifying why we don't have a new Star Fox game.

This false notion bandwagon needs to end right now.

You're missing the fact that Star Fox Adventures sucked. How it got 80% average nobody will ever know :p.

D

Deleted member

You're missing the fact that Star Fox Adventures sucked. How it got 80% average nobody will ever know :p.
That is your opinion though & not a fact as there are people out there who enjoyed Adventures. Don't use your own personal beliefs to judge everyone's reaction to the game, thats like me going "Oh everyone hated Star Fox 64 because I didn't like the game & I'm presenting an opinion as a fact!"

Its not THAT universally hated as many think.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
@ Smash G Smash G that attempt at trolling was adorable, but now let me hit you with some reality.

Smash Brothers doesn't reflect on sales as a game. It's about popular characters being included into the same game. Now, if what you claimed is true, we would not have 3 SF reps as it is. Now if you look at requested characters for SF, Krystal is the highest. Above Slippy, Leon, Peppy, Panther, all of them. Just because a game didn't sell into the 100 millions, does not diminish their chances at inclusion. Need proof? Look at the Mother franchise.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You should hit up the Ghirahim thread and say how much Skyward Sword sucked, maybe you'll have better luck with them

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Here's some fun food for thought. This isn't definitive proof in any shape or form, but I thought it'd be interesting to point out (unless I missed something and it already has been pointed out earlier):

The background color for each character on the official Smash Brothers site makes sense for their designs, since they are complemented. However there's one character that really stands out, as opposed to a few others with background colors that are questionable...

Fox.

He has a rather blue background color, if you ask me:

If you look at Fox, it honestly doesn't make sense to give him a blue background.

Here are some alternate colors that might have made more sense, given his design:

1) Green

2) Grey

And finally, if you wanted to see a blue that would represent/complement his reflector (which probably wouldn't work):

3)
Cyan

Point in case, I don't feel it is out of the realm of possibility that Nintendo may be giving us a hint towards Krystal's inclusion.

It can be pointed as a hint towards Falco as well (since his feathers are blue), however I don't think that would make sense since he's already been in smash twice. If it is a hint by Nintendo, there's a higher chance for it to regard a newcomer. Furthermore, Krystal is probably more associated with a deeper blue than every Star Fox character up to date.

The other two things that I could imagine Fox's background color representing are the blue tips on the Arwings and Landmasters, or the fact that Corneria appears blue from space (due to high amounts of water). This would be a strange association to make, though (in my opinion). Otherwise, it really makes little-to-no sense to give Fox a blue background.

I can see Donkey Kong's yellow background color justified with his association towards bananas. Also, Donkey Kong has been represented by the yellow bananas in DK64 (minor, but there were multi-colored bananas for each character to collect that made sense towards their respective designs). Furthermore, Donkey Kong's iconic acronym is displayed on his tie in yellow (the same yellow in the background).

Again, Fox has nothing with his design that matches his background color (not even the
reflector).

As for the other characters with questionable backgrounds...

Personally, the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's backgrounds are comfortable to look at, whereas Fox's seems more out of place.

The last character I feel having a questionable background is Samus, but even that's more comfortable to look at than Fox's. If anyone can find more justification for the background colors of the Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Samus, feel free to add them (I haven't been terribly inclined towards these franchises, unfortunately).

Again, this isn't meant to be definitive proof. It can't be definitive proof by itself, since we don't have Krystal's confirmation. I merely thought it'd be an interesting venue for conversation.

However, wouldn't it be funny if Nintendo gave Krystal a
green or grey background to compliment this theory, if it were intended? Of course, this would be funny only if Nintendo does include Krystal in SSB4.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Top Bottom