• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

If anyone is interested here's a link to a pentition supporting Krystal for SSB4.

www.change.org/pentitions/nintendo-namco-add-krystal-as-a-playable-character-in-super-smash-bros-for-the-wiiu-3ds#share

Before anyone asks I didn't create this pentition. I've signed it already a few months ago when it only had 98 signatures. Now it has over 420 signatures and it's still going strong.
I dunno....I think at this point, unless Sakurai pulls another Sonic, he won't delay the game just to add her. (But hey, I won't stop anyone from signing it, go ahead & do it)

All we can pretty much do is wait & see her true fate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I dunno....I think at this point, unless Sakurai pulls another Sonic, he won't delay the game just to add her. (But hey, I won't stop anyone from signing it, go ahead & do it)

All we can pretty much do is wait & see her true fate.
That is all I am hoping for. I don't mind if she gets in either way. If she gets in as a playable character, then that's awesome. If she makes it in as an assist or serves as a cameo or trophy, then I don't mind either. If you ask me, I still think Krystal has potential to make it in. But for now, all we can do is wait and see.

D

Deleted member

So...do any of you think today's pic of the day means anything for Krystal given that Andross is still in his SNES appearance or is it too early to tell?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So...do any of you think today's pic of the day means anything for Krystal given that Andross is still in his SNES appearance or is it too early to tell?
It's just the Brawl Assist trophy returning. Though it's only the second Star Fox thing ever in this game after Fox McCloud himself.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Well, to be fair, it is abit early to tell. All I can say is that give it abit more time. Besides, I don't really see any coincidence

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

(Thread bump!)

OK, we seriously need to change our outlook from many people as it seems other characters are getting their aggressive support whereas Krystal will get thrown away & laughed at, oh & being judged as a "Furry" as the cherry on top.

I understand if you don't like her or see the appeal, that is fine & all but when you start using "Fans only like her because bewbs", "She is the reason Star Fox is terribad", or "Only furries like her" then thats just asinine reasoning.

Really, I want to see Krystal supporters like this, silence is not the best weapon to use (Although there can be bad apples which can make the fans look bad but you know what? That shouldn't stop you & it happens to other characters but nobody bats an eye over them) & hopefully you'll do some research why she could work without using only one reason & without unleashing your fantasies over her.

If supporters like Tiki & Bandanna Dee can be like this, so can we. I want to put an end to this judgement & change it, it may seem cool back then but now its ridiculous.

Note: I'm not in any way saying she is likely or will be playable in SSB4 despite being in my sig, (I don't think she is Ridley-tier in terms of likeliness)

/rant over

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
(Thread bump!)

OK, we seriously need to change our outlook from many people as it seems other characters are getting their aggressive support whereas Krystal will get thrown away & laughed at, oh & being judged as a "Furry" as the cherry on top.

I understand if you don't like her or see the appeal, that is fine & all but when you start using "Fans only like her because bewbs", "She is the reason Star Fox is terribad", or "Only furries like her" then thats just asinine reasoning.

Really, I want to see Krystal supporters like this, silence is not the best weapon to use (Although there can be bad apples which can make the fans look bad but you know what? That shouldn't stop you & it happens to other characters but nobody bats an eye over them) & hopefully you'll do some research why she could work without using only one reason & without unleashing your fantasies over her.

If supporters like Tiki & Bandanna Dee can be like this, so can we. I want to put an end to this judgement & change it, it may seem cool back then but now its ridiculous.

Note: I'm not in any way saying she is likely or will be playable in SSB4 despite being in my sig, (I don't think she is Ridley-tier in terms of likeliness)

/rant over
Thank you. Just......just thank you.

D

Deleted member

Well the Direct is coming up soon...although it'll probably won't go all out with the characters or too detailed, I'm kinda thinking its going to determine Krystal's (And the other characters) fate, things may look good for her...but then things may not.

If she isn't playable but at least shows up in some form, be it an assist trophy or cameo, lets just take it like champs together & say that its been quite an honor supporting her, eh? (And also hoping Nintendo creates a new Star Fox game for Wii U, could have a title right about now)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For some reason everyone is arguing about Krystal on the main Direct thread.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Meh, let 'em argue all they want, its pointless to try to argue with them when they won't be changing their bias anytime soon.
One thing that could is if she's tomorrow's big reveal. But first would be the rage.

D

Deleted member

One thing that could is if she's tomorrow's big reveal. But first would be the rage.
Well I can't see her as E3 material so...guess that'd work. But of course there will be rage, you can put in any character that Sakurai adds & there is always going to be a group of people who weren't happy with the decision & will proceed to whine.

"Mario has been confirmed to return? UGGGH" :troll:
"Little Mac & Rosalina are the newcomer? UGGGH WHY"

Rage? No no no. They'll all claim that they actually wanted her all along.
Really so they'll just change their tunes like Rosalina or Wii Fit Trainer? Kinda doubtful knowing the history but OK.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rage? No no no. They'll all claim that they actually wanted her all along.
Then we look through their post history and throw it back in their faces.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yay, this thread woke up.

What Star Fox content do you all want to see? For me:

Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal (Playable)
Andross, Star Wolf (AT's)
Pigma, Leon, Peppy, Slippy, Katt, Aperoid (Trophies)
Sauria, Katina (Stages)

D

Deleted member

Yay, this thread woke up.

What Star Fox content do you all want to see? For me:

Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal (Playable)
Andross, Star Wolf (AT's)
Pigma, Leon, Peppy, Slippy, Katt, Aperoid (Trophies)
Sauria, Katina (Stages)
Well for items, I kinda want to see the grenade from Assault (That is if Snake isn't back & no character has grenades to throw)

But to be honest, aside from the Smart Bomb, I don't think there is any item to add from Star Fox that isn't too similar to what a character already has or an item already exists.

D

Deleted member

Barriers. They're Krystal's affinity, ffs.
....And I feel stupid now for not remembering that special ability she uses in Assault's multiplayer. :facepalm:

But eh, doesn't sound too shabby! (I'd imagine it as her own shield like Yoshi using his Egg or her final smash...or something else)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wish I could play Assault >.< I only have a Wii U atm. I love Assualt's multiplayer.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
With Bamco making Smash, my only hope left for StarFox is that they remake Assault similar to WWHD.

Online multiplayer included for that game would be like a dream come true.

D

Deleted member

Well guys, looks like Krystal's fate still hasn't been determined yet so we play more of the waiting game.

Nothing in the Direct seemed to point in her favor...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The question at this point is, if she's an AT or not. I would love for her to be playable, but the roster seems to be at copacity, with all the leaks. We will be lucky to see a DK newcomer

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Although this probably does not mean anything for Krystal...some of Zero Suit Samus' moves resembled a bit of Wolf's.

As much as I want her to be playable, I really hope she doesn't replace him

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for a Starfox stage reveal. Maybe Sakurai didn't want to reveal it yet because the Wii U version's is Sauria and that would be too obvious of a hint that Krystal is playable.

D

Deleted member

Well...we got tiny bits of Star Fox content coming with the Smart Bomb returning

Still doesn't rule out Krystal's fate...although I wish a stage was revealed.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I just want to see a bunch more female faces to make this game as much less a sausage fest as it was in every previous iteration, which is why Im so supportive of characters like Krystal, Dixie, and Palutena, since I feel like theyre all also characters that really could warrant a spot regardless of gender.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Notice that most of the new Assist Trophies are pre-Brawl popular characters... Ashley, Midna, Skull Kid, Dark Samus... I wouldn't be surprised if Krystal turned out to be an Assist Trophy too.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Notice that most of the new Assist Trophies are pre-Brawl popular characters... Ashley, Midna, Skull Kid, Dark Samus... I wouldn't be surprised if Krystal turned out to be an Assist Trophy too.
I hope so, but she doesn't really scream AT. I guess DSamus didn't either though.

D

Deleted member

Only a mere coincidence but the flag that appears in a screenshot also seems to show up in SF: Assault abiet a different design

Pretty cool, eh?

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Well guys, looks like Krystal's fate still hasn't been determined yet so we play more of the waiting game.

Nothing in the Direct seemed to point in her favor...
nothing they've ever shown about the game so far has ever indicated Krystal's chances to be higher. not even a new star fox stage... meanwhile he continues his subtle Palutena hints.

Star Fox's decline doesn't really help her case either. I'd say she and anything related to Sauria would be pretty obscure to smash atm.

To put it frank.... there are just too many bigger nintendo characters that out prioritize Krystal in terms of importance. Star Fox has more than enough reps. I'd say shes very unlikely.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Quite honestly, the only Assist Trophies I can see in StarFox are Slippy, Peppy, and some members of StarWolf

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Only a mere coincidence but the flag that appears in a screenshot also seems to show up in SF: Assault abiet a different design

Pretty cool, eh?
I think the S-flags were Namco's idea. They did make Starfox Assault after all!

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
And last but not least

This gif is the sh*t! xD

Something that I would like to point out is that the actual SSB4 roster doesn't have a clone of any kind (Except for Toon link I believe). The level of uniqueness on all movesets is overwhelming and I excited about it, but this could mean that Wolf could be actually left out. Or maybe it could be redisigned with a new moveset and taking Falco's place on the roster (Quite unlikely, Falco is pretty popular among players) and vice versa.

That's one of the things that I'm afraid of. If Krystal makes it in, this could mean that Falco or Wolf wouldn't make it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Shortie, I have been thinking about this for a while today... we know that there will be customizable movesets... so... what if Fox could get a customizable moveset based on Falco (he is more similar to Fox than Wolf is anyway)... so Falco is replaced with Krystal... and Krystal fights with the staff... remember that Namco is making the game... and Namco have experience with Soulcalibur games... and Krystal could have a Soulcalibur-esque moveset with the staff.

D

Deleted member

Shortie, I have been thinking about this for a while today... we know that there will be customizable movesets... so... what if Fox could get a customizable moveset based on Falco (he is more similar to Fox than Wolf is anyway)... so Falco is replaced with Krystal... and Krystal fights with the staff... remember that Namco is making the game... and Namco have experience with Soulcalibur games... and Krystal could have a Soulcalibur-esque moveset with the staff.
Maybe something along the lines of Kilik?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know nothing of Soulcalibur characters... but from what I have seen, all characters fight with weapons... some with swords, some with staves, etc... so I figured that Krystal probably could get the Soulcalibur treatment... better her than a Soulcalibur character...

...and I want Pac-Man...

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Arcadenik brings up a good point I haven't considered. So far we have only seen that the special moves can be customized. Yes, Toon Link has the same moveset as Link but, He is much more noticeably lighter and can jump higher. If you can change the frequency, power, and direction of a character's projectiles then Falco and Wolf can be made to be all the more like Fox. I can see something like this that Sakurai might want to avoid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom