• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I leave because it's pointless to continue a debate with someone who clearly won't change their opinion, and yet someone else just feels the need to intentionally drag me back in. I just love when people who are clearly haters of a certain character purposely go into said characters thread just to troll supporters. Don't like pancakes? Well why not go to IHOP and order some just to complain about how ****ty they are and tell other people they shouldn't eat them. Of course it's hard to expect more of people on the internet though, it's just a given. It would just be too nice if people could like what they want without someone telling them not to.

I bet you would expect me to try and dig up a quote from some long forgotten interview, I'm not so deranged that I would waste my time and put effort into trying to dig something up for a fictional character. If you must butt into someone else's debate, it would be nice not to sling rude accusations without any proof yourself.
Thats because there is no interview. Just rumours spread by a bunch of rabid fans. I've seen this "Sakurai quote about Krystal" posted many times and not a single fan has been able to back it up with a source of some sorts. Even the Krystal fansite claims they have no source to back it up. Its like random ppl on gamefaq's claiming they know someone working in Nintendo and posting their "leaked info".

Supporting arguments for characters should not be quoting/using false information at the very least.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah the interview doesn't exist. It's said when people were shouting out character choices someone said Krystal and he said "Who?".

Which is boosh, ofc.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Wolf was actually the higher requested Star Fox character in general.

Krystal didn't gain any form of popularity until after E3 2006 due to the misquote that Sakurai wanted more females. Since then she was shoehorned along the likes of Ashley, Lyndis, and Gardevoir. Obviously that fell completely through considering that her requests came after the roster was compiled.
Wait a second? How did Gardevoir get up there among the ranks of such females, like Krystal, Ashley and Lyn? Was she really that popular, prior to Brawl's release? (I do remember Gardie being quite popular back in Gen III, probably not as popular as the likes of Blaziken (who was more or less the unofficial primary Gen III mascot) but Gardevoir has gotten really popular thanks to X and Y).

Anyways, this is a chat about Krystal, I do agree most of her moves would likely use her staff, just like Link with his sword.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, looks like Krystal's voice actress (Alesia Glidewell) might not be looking in to doing voice overs now in the future (Although she did express that she loved them & she'd be glad to return if asked.), she seems to want to peruse in being a filmmaker.

I'm kinda worried about what Krystal would sound like in the newer Star Fox games or Smash Bros with a new actor.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
She's just a british accent, so it's not like it would be crazy hard to to find someone to sound like her. Hell, that goes for most Smash characters.

D

Deleted member

She's just a british accent, so it's not like it would be crazy hard to to find someone to sound like her. Hell, that goes for most Smash characters.
Hmm...I guess thats a fair point.

Guess I'll have to just reserve judgement & wait to hear what Krystal sounds like. I probably just prefer her having a British accent than...well, anything really (Especially with Falco's Brooklyn accent, that confused me).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
We desperately need some more female representatives in the game as playable, and Krystal is a great example for what's needed. Wolf wasn't really as great of a character as I expected because he ended up as a clone of Fox in one way or another, plus he's not the main villain in StarFox, that would be the assist trophy Andross. I would not be surprised if Wolf was replaced by Krystal, because Wolf playable is kinda poor judgement. Why? Because obviously Andross is more notable than Wolf, but was an assist trophy, and Andross is pretty much an assist trophy to stay. It's also notable that Krystal would be the most unique playable character in the StarFox franchise. I really hope she gets in.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
We desperately need some more female representatives in the game as playable, and Krystal is a great example for what's needed. Wolf wasn't really as great of a character as I expected because he ended up as a clone of Fox in one way or another, plus he's not the main villain in StarFox, that would be the assist trophy Andross. I would not be surprised if Wolf was replaced by Krystal, because Wolf playable is kinda poor judgement. Why? Because obviously Andross is more notable than Wolf, but was an assist trophy, and Andross is pretty much an assist trophy to stay. It's also notable that Krystal would be the most unique playable character in the StarFox franchise. I really hope she gets in.
To be honest Krystal should have gotten in Brawl over Wolf (Wolf is more or less a rival to Fox and that's the way it is), I hope she gets in (although I would love to see Wolf back and have no cuts, I feel like Wolf's going to get the axe).

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling that if Krystal was in, her final smash will be something completly made up & have nothing to do with Adventures like Krazoas or the dinosaurs (Then again, Diddy's final smash came from Donkey Kong 64 so what do I know)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I have a feeling that if Krystal was in, her final smash will be something completly made up & have nothing to do with Adventures like Krazoas or the dinosaurs (Then again, Diddy's final smash came from Donkey Kong 64 so what do I know)
Krazoa Sword would make an awesome final smash for Krystal (that's only if she has her staff), I'm not sure how the dino 1 would work though.

D

Deleted member

http://youtu.be/D4mzfjmTugU I know they are just redesigns but these two would look great as characters. Krystal and scales
Good thing Andross doesn't show up, he would've ended the fight quickly and tell Scales he is no longer of any use. (Can't believe all that build up in Adventures to fight Scales was a letdown...but hey, Andross doesn't return)

Last edited by a moderator:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
To be honest Krystal should have gotten in Brawl over Wolf (Wolf is more or less a rival to Fox and that's the way it is), I hope she gets in (although I would love to see Wolf back and have no cuts, I feel like Wolf's going to get the axe).
Wolf is the second most important SF character to get in ssb... he should have gotten in before falco even, so cutting him is like backtracking.. Still want krystal really bad though.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
It will be great if Fox, Falco, Wolf, returned AND Krystal got in as a newcomer. Some say it's over-representing for the franchise, but meh. Mario, Zelda and Pokemon will probably have 5+ reps anyway.

D

Deleted member

It will be great if Fox, Falco, Wolf, returned AND Krystal got in as a newcomer. Some say it's over-representing for the franchise, but meh. Mario, Zelda and Pokemon will probably have 5+ reps anyway.
Well on the plus side if that happened, there won't be too many people crying about Falco or Wolf getting cut since they'll be there. (Well, at least their fans or the people who main them, I can't speak for the Anti-Clone people)

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I honestly think this should happen. SF series may not be the most popular series, but the SF characters are some of the most popular characters in Smash.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Krystal is one of my most wanted characters. Star Fox may not be that big of a franchise, but I don't think that one more character from that series would hurt the roster. If she was the last Star Fox character to be added in Super Smash Bros, I would be satisfied with that category of series representation.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll be sincerely suprised if we don't see LoZ have five slots. Pokemon goes without saying now that Mario has five. Star Fox, or most franchises having four wouldn't be weird anymore. Well, it would have never been weird, but people can't ***** about it now.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
StarFox 64 3D also fared poorly at review sites and in general reception. If that is the future of this franchise, maybe it's time we put this space animal down.

They need the passion they had making the original 64. That's the only way they'll get the same results.
Well first off, why the hell did they give it bad reviews? For the longest time, these ******* kept on ******** about "IT NEEDS TO GO BACK TO THE CLASSICS"

So it does and people *****? Oh, come on. Most review sites I see it gave it a pretty decent review to be fair.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm... I got an idea but I'll need time to organize it.

[COLLAPSE="The Plan"]
Nintendo has said in the past that petitions won't fully convince them as it's so much easier to sign something than it is to put money on the line. So the plan is to convince people who haven't bought the 3D remake to download it and sign something that says they bought it. That way Nintendo will hopefully see there's fan demand. I need more time to find someone who'll phrase it better.
[/COLLAPSE]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not buying SF3D.

I downloaded SF64 on the Wii. The choice to remake something for 35 dollars, that you could download for 10, was ******** on Nintendo's part. It had nothing to do with the game itself really. It just did NOT need a remake.

D

Deleted member

Well first off, why the hell did they give it bad reviews? For the longest time, these *****es kept on *****ing about "IT NEEDS TO GO BACK TO THE CLASSICS"

So it does and people *****? Oh, come on. Most review sites I see it gave it a pretty decent review to be fair.
I think the lack of online play kinda disappointed many people, especially when Command had it (And that was released in 2006!)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Companies seem to have a bad habit of using remakes to gauge whether to continue a series. Poor Darkstalkers.

D

Deleted member

Companies seem to have a bad habit of using remakes to gauge whether to continue a series. Poor Darkstalkers.
I'm not even sure if I can trust Miyamoto's word when he said he would like to see Star Fox on Wii U. Its been almost 2 years now since he said that & nothing seems to point out a Star Fox U.

Then again, E3 is a couple months away...

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even sure if I can trust Miyamoto's word when he said he would like to see Star Fox on Wii U. Its been almost 2 years now since he said that & nothing seems to point out a Star Fox U.

Then again, E3 is a couple months away...
And there is apparently a major nintendo title supposed to be announced which my guess is Metroid with a chance it might be Star fox. It is so over due and with updated graphics his game could be so fun.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Krystal is one of my most wanted characters. Star Fox may not be that big of a franchise, but I don't think that one more character from that series would hurt the roster. If she was the last Star Fox character to be added in Super Smash Bros, I would be satisfied with that category of series representation.
Yeah, it'd be perfect.

You'd have the protagonist (Fox), the protagonist's partner (Falco), the antagonist (Wolf), and the lady/damsel in distress (Krystal).

Boom.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Yeah, it'd be perfect.

You'd have the protagonist (Fox), the protagonist's partner (Falco), the antagonist (Wolf), and the lady/damsel in distress (Slippy).

Boom.
fixed,
sorry though I literally couldn't resist :p
though krystal is more like an romatic interest than a damsel in distress, she still gets in trouble like the rest of the scatterbrain crew, but unlike slippy she can actually hold her own, other than having a main purpose of existence is to be rescued

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Yeah I wouldnt call Krystal a damsel in distress, more like the telepathic, magic voodooed, staff wielding, dinosaur flying, arwing pilot, love interest.
I'm about to find out. I just got a copy of StarFox Adventures today. The disc is American, but I somehow got the casing from the PAL region.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
She does at one point, play the damsal in distrss, but then she turns into a regular companion (like Falco) and love interest.

D

Deleted member

In terms of speed, how fast do you think Krystal will be compared to Fox, Falco, & Wolf?

Basing off her stats in Assasult's multiplayer, she has the same speed as Fox (3 stars) but not enough compared to Falco (4 stars) & Wolf (5 stars)

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Top Bottom