• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One other thing, a Star Fox remix played during the Assist trophy section.

Not much but it's something new.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
It's kinda annoying to see how Kid Icarus is showcased, and then realize that so far there's almost no Starfox news. Am I the only one who feels certain series are really highlighted ?

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda annoying to see how Kid Icarus is showcased, and then realize that so far there's almost no Starfox news. Am I the only one who feels certain series are really highlighted ?
Yes I do but I think the reason is that star fox hasn't really had anything from his own series which is why I feel Krystal May not make it. She would such a good and unique character but I also hope wolf does not get cut.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
With all the assist trophies shown off during the Direct, a lot of characters who may have had a chance in Smash 4 were killed off.

Krystal was not one of those characters. There's still some chance.

D

Deleted member

With all the assist trophies shown off during the Direct, a lot of characters who may have had a chance in Smash 4 were killed off.

Krystal was not one of those characters. There's still some chance.
Another funny thing is...none of the stages from Star Fox were shown off either so its yet again a mystery we have to wait a while for before it gets solved.

Inb4 64 3D Great Fox for 3Ds & Assault Great Fox for Wii U

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they're waiting for the E3 with the reveal of a new SF Game for the Wii U to show more stuff (Characters and Stages) together with a new F-Zero game revealing Captain Falcon and more.

Yeah.. Dreaming is free...

I know it's quite impossible..

Leave me alone.. :sadeyes:

But yeah, the fact that they haven't talked about Star Fox and only showed Fox and Andross (Assist Trophy) makes me feel confident. In fact, Star Fox is the only series that doesn't have a Stage so far. I'm telling you guys, this is not a coincidence, I'm sure we're going to have a bigg as* reveal soon enough. Only 2 months remaining for the E3.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Think of how F-Zero feels.

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
It's obvious bias from Sakurai, since he did make Kid Icarus: Uprising. But no StarFox related news doesn't worry me, in fact it's better that way than having something shown that can lead to disconfirmation.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I'm feeling a star fox game at e3 so they're waiting
Please let it be so. I wonder what we have to do for Nintendo to see that they have Mario'd the Wii U up plenty and it is time to start doing stuff for the franchises people have not seen a game for since the Gamecube.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Wow. Star Fox was very low-key. Just the Smart Bomb confirmed. This is a bit underwhelming. I'm not sure if this is good news or bad. As far as the Move customization? That runs both ways, it could potentially diversify the characters even further depending on the modifications each one gets.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
If there is a new star fox game them maybe their waiting to announce falco based off a new design I honestly feel this could be a star fox year. As for Krystal if there is a new game she is definitely going to be In it

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
So I just decided to get back on here. I haven't been on much since the release of Brawl. I was a strong member of The **** Staff (The Krystal for Brawl Fan Group) and I love to see that she still has a massive support for the game! And All I am saying is that Star Fox has had a history of having two characters in SSB games and the lack of Falco and Wolf announcements gives me hope. Krystal is easily the most unique and well equipped Star Fox character for the game and her fan following trumps that of slippy and peppy and maybe even Falco. Just wait. I think we have a real shot for a dream come true!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
**** Staff? Seriously? God this fandom was immature. Besides the point I guess, welcome back.

D

Deleted member

So I just decided to get back on here. I haven't been on much since the release of Brawl. I was a strong member of The **** Staff (The Krystal for Brawl Fan Group) and I love to see that she still has a massive support for the game! And All I am saying is that Star Fox has had a history of having two characters in SSB games and the lack of Falco and Wolf announcements gives me hope. Krystal is easily the most unique and well equipped Star Fox character for the game and her fan following trumps that of slippy and peppy and maybe even Falco. Just wait. I think we have a real shot for a dream come true!
We'll have to wait & see...I wouldn't get hopes up on Falco or Wolf leaving as I'm certain one of them will be back, just hopefully revamped. But eh, its just me.

I had this feeling the past 5 years...
Well its just like they say...we're always ready for a new game even though nothin much has been said

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Nintendo shot itself in the foot by abandoning a lot of it's series in the Wii era. If you look at all the Smash Series Universes they cover a wide range of games, albeit most of them platformers. The non-tradional platformers are

Zelda: Adventure
Metroid: Metroidvania
Earthbound: Quirky JRPG
F-Zero: Srs no items Racing
WarioWare: Minigames
Animal Crossing: Life Sim
Punch Out: Sports/Puzzle
Wii Fit: Lifestyle Coach
Pokemon: Mon Based JRPG
Fire Emblem: Fantasy PermaDeath Turn Based Strategy

Star Fox is part of a genre that people aren't willing to produce but I don't think it's dead. It covers shooting, flying and has massive replayability with hidden objectives, a lot is to be gained. Even if they, like released Star Fox 2 SNES for eShop I think they'd make a packet.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Oh shi- Sup KR!

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Just some Fan-Art concepts based on an alternative Time-Line after Star Fox Assault for you guys :3

From left to right: Old general Pepper - Senior Ultra Awesome Fox McCloud - The old-school misfit, Katt Monroe - Motherf*cking awesome badass Bill Grey - Who the **** is this guy? - The badly forgotten Fara Phoenix, the very first Fox's love interest that only appeared on a comic (The pilot suit is just beyond amazing) - Fara's Father. Classy - General Pepper.

In my opinion this is amazing. The designs are really cool. If a fan can make this, Nintendo could make it even better (Or not?), but seems that they feel lazy or something...

Just look at this:

I just cry when I see this... Miyu in a new Star Fox... T^T

The thing is... If a new Star Fox game is revealed at E3 we have a BIG chance to see Krystal in the game. Or even a new one from the new game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The thing is... If a new Star Fox game is revealed at E3 we have a BIG chance to see Krystal in the game.
Wouldn't it be kind of too late at this time though since the roster was finalized years ago?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess I'm just stupid but I totally forgot that Namco developed Star Fox Assault... Anyways, with so many popular characters from the Brawl days becoming ATs, I feel like, worst case scenario, Krystal will at least end up as that in the end.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Who the **** is this guy?
Trainer, the guide for Training Mode in StarFox 64/3D.

Wouldn't it be kind of too late at this time though since the roster was finalized years ago?
Sakurai gets access to all things Nintendo before they even release. Do you really think they could've added in Greninja otherwise?

Or Roy in Melee?

D

Deleted member

Sakurai gets access to all things Nintendo before they even release. Do you really think they could've added in Greninja otherwise?

Or Roy in Melee?
Huh...now I know!

And knowing is half the battle! :troll:

Just some Fan-Art concepts based on an alternative Time-Line after Star Fox Assault for you guys :3

In my opinion this is amazing. The designs are really cool. If a fan can make this, Nintendo could make it even better (Or not?), but seems that they feel lazy or something...
Dunno why but Pepper in that fan art kinda reminds me of Professor X from the X Men...

I'm hoping the next Star Fox game follows up to Assault or at least, the style because to be honest, I'm not too fond of the crew in a Saturday Morning Serial personality on SF64. I prefer how they were in Assault where it was somewhat corny, but has a dramatic flair & regards its threat with a little more ominous tension than I got with Andross.

Maybe campy, Adam West-style Star Fox just isn't my thing anymore.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I kind of doubt a Starfox game will be announced this E3, but I do think that there will be a Starfox game sometime within the Wii U's lifecycle. Nonetheless, If there is a Starfox game in development Sakurai would have been given a heads up about it.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Very nice thread. I am new here so I only read the OP and this page. The OP is very informative and Krystal is actually one of my biggest wants. Your moveset is great. Keep up all the good work and support for Krystal. The only "want" I got up to now is Rosalina.

andimidna

Smash Master
I said this in the Official Character Discussion Thread, thought I'd post here too:
I wouldn't be too surprised if Krystal made it in.
I think she's one of the 50/50 characters, where its difficult to judge her chance.
I don't think it would be completely crazy to have 4 Starfox characters. But she wouldn't be added for series representation. She'd be added because she's actually one of the most requested characters and has good potential for a moveset and fun playstyle. I dislike when people say she has no shot because Starfox "doesn't need any more reps". If a small-ish series has 4 great characters that would be like able fighters, then really, what's the big deal? There are very few extremely important choices left outside the Elite 4. Maybe... Arguably 2?
I just don't get why people get so hostile over Krystal's inclusion sometimes. I actually like the character. And well I think it's a bit gross when people call her hot, it doesn't make me hate her at all.
I think it could go either way with Krystal, but I support her too.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman

From left to right: Old general Pepper - Senior Ultra Awesome Fox McCloud - The old-school misfit, Katt Monroe - Motherf*cking awesome badass Bill Grey - Who the **** is this guy? - The badly forgotten Fara Phoenix, the very first Fox's love interest that only appeared on a comic (The pilot suit is just beyond amazing) - Fara's Father. Classy - General Pepper.

Just look at this:

I just cry when I see this... Miyu in a new Star Fox... T^T

The thing is... If a new Star Fox game is revealed at E3 we have a BIG chance to see Krystal in the game. Or even a new one from the new game.
Who is Miyu? but this is very good art and something about star fox is that they are one of the few series to go in depth with their characters.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Who is Miyu? but this is very good art and something about star fox is that they are one of the few series to go in depth with their characters.

Yep, Miyu was one of the playable characters in Star Fox 2 alongside Fay Spaniel. It's said that even Fara Phoenix was a playable character.
This is the only image that we hve of Fara in SF2.

They were both Interceptor-Class Arwing pilots.

AwingPedia: -"The Interceptor-Class Arwing would have been a smaller, faster version of the Arwing used by Miyu and Fay in the unreleased Star Fox 2. This craft lacked defense, but made up for it in speed. Its default special item is the barrier, and it comes already equipped with twin Lasers. The class of ship has never officialy appeared in any other game in the Star Fox series."-

If you are curious, you can play the Star Fox 2 Beta for free here if you want to test the Arwings: http://nesbox.com/es/game/snes/star-fox-2/rom/d078ec303bcd19fbd77d545e6b9617c3

Some say that Miyu was replaced later on by Katt Monroe and Fay by Bill Grey in SF64. It's a shame, because in my opinion they were way more interesting than Bill and Katt (For obvious reasons, they aren't part of the Star Fox team) and their arwing was really interesting too. Star Fox 2 had a lot of potential...

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I didn't know who Miyu was, but I like her appearance. And Spaniel is cool as well. Now I'm disappointed that these old ideas didn't make it and probably never will... And I agree, far more inspired than Katt, at least design-wise. They both offer diversity species-wise as well, I mean...

Top Bottom