• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
the only reason I defend Krystal is that if they add Slippy, Peppy, Leon, Pigma or Panther, they will probably end up being Fox (semi-)clones.
Should you really be defending a Character just because you CAN include her and she WOULDN'T be a clone?

Funky Kong COULD be made, and not be a clone of Donkey Kong. He's nowhere near the top 10 people that should be in this game.

Screw it: if you like Starfox characters, I think more of the community would be nostlgic if they saw Bill. Or if you want a girl Starfox character: Add Katt Monroe from Starfox 64. She's Falco's love interest (Sort of) and you could take your Artistic License and make her a really fun character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apwUMPwnbEk

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Screw it: if you like Starfox characters, I think more of the community would be nostlgic if they saw Bill. Or if you want a girl Starfox character: Add Katt Monroe from Starfox 64. She's Falco's love interest (Sort of) and you could take your Artistic License and make her a really fun character.
Apparently, Falco is shown to be gay in a canonical manga endorsed by Nintendo, and the thing with Katt is specifically addressed. "Farewell, Beloved Falco".

Because the furries needed more material.

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, Falco is shown to be gay in a canonical manga endorsed by Nintendo, and the thing with Katt is specifically addressed. "Farewell, Beloved Falco".

Because the furries needed more material.

Lol!

Well at any rate: all I've read so far in this thread is

"I liked Starfox Adventures"

+

"The Staff + Psychic powers are unique"

as the entire argument for adding another Starfox character to the roster, making Starfox as represented as Pokemon. Which doesn't make any sense to me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You do realize that the very same argument can apply to every character for any crossover, right?

"I liked X."

+

"The Y is/are unique."

It's all a matter of preference. People want Waluigi, but I freaking hate him. Like Shorts, I just now stay out of the arguments regarding characters I don't want.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Should you really be defending a Character just because you CAN include her and she WOULDN'T be a clone?

Funky Kong COULD be made, and not be a clone of Donkey Kong. He's nowhere near the top 10 people that should be in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apwUMPwnbEk
I never said that I like Krystal or not. heck, this whole talk about a 4th Star Fox is assuming that IF a 4th Star Fox character ever appears! I judge characters by moveset potential and only that.

It doesn't matter for me if the character is a main or not, or if is male or female, or if he/she has a similar appearence to other character or not! Really, I don't care about these details.

I only care about the character's abilities to fight. Heck, that's the whole reason I want the characters on my sig, including Dark Pit! oh, and don't even start about the clone talk! all characters, and that includes Dr. Mario and Pichu, CAN have their own movesets! Clones only happen when the developers get uncreative and lazy. Whenever I comment about whatever character on this board, I judge by the character's personality, fighting prowess and the source game's gameplay, nothing more. But the priority is, of course, the character's ability to fight.

You should really know how I hate when people say that a certain character would be a clone just because he/she is similar in appearence to another one. Because that is a very short sighted view on things. Melee's roster would be better if the clones weren't clones, that includes Pichu, Dr. Mario and Young Link!

I could hate a certain character, but if I find that such character has fighting capabilities that distinguish from other characters, I am all the way for his/her inclusion in SSB4!

Smady

Smash Master
I could hate a certain character, but if I find that such character has fighting capabilities that distinguish from other characters, I am all the way for his/her inclusion in SSB4!
That's precisely it. This character has nothing she can do in a fight, she is not interesting to anyone who isn't a fan of her. Compare that to, say, Ghirahim, a very relevant character who could have a fantastic playstyle and moveset. Objectively, which is better? Though I will concede I've stayed in this thread longer than I normally would have, because you guys refuse to just admit that you like the character but she has serious shortcomings. I really hate it when in these threads, the supporters resort to the old chants of 'popularity' and 'Sakurai bias.' It drives reasonable debate into the ground.

If you guys want Krystal in, all power to you. But I beg to differ on her being "interesting," "unique" or "relevant."

People want Waluigi, but I freaking hate him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ok, you beg to differ. There was no need for this long, pointless discussion. Agree to disagree.

Though I admit that if Waluigi was based on his Brawl in the Family counterpart, I'd be all for him.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's precisely it. This character has nothing she can do in a fight, she is not interesting to anyone who isn't a fan of her. Compare that to, say, Ghirahim, a very relevant character who could have a fantastic playstyle and moveset. Objectively, which is better? Though I will concede I've stayed in this thread longer than I normally would have, because you guys refuse to just admit that you like the character but she has serious shortcomings. I really hate it when in these threads, the supporters resort to the old chants of 'popularity' and 'Sakurai bias.' It drives reasonable debate into the ground.

If you guys want Krystal in, all power to you. But I beg to differ on her being "interesting," "unique" or "relevant."

I never said I like Krystal. In fact, she doesn't mean much to me. the only thing I see in her is her weapon of choice and that's all. There are many other characters that can use staffs, such as Palutena, many Fire Emblem characters (Micaiah, for example, who also has Light magic), heck even Pit and Dark Pit have access to staffs in Kid Icarus: Uprising, hence my support for Dark Pit in SSB4, because he has a signature staff in his game.

Ghirahim also has my support because, makes a much more interesting character, because he has more moves to draw from his boss battles and his crazy personality from his game could reflect in a wacky, unpredictable moveset.

so what I wrote in this thread is that IF they put a 4th Star Fox rep, she is the best choice for that spot. Simply as that. but some people just don't understand what is written and fill the gaps with whatever the crap they come with. I look at the characters the most objective view as possible, not out of favoritism. I put my tastes aside when discussing newcomers for Smash.

yes, I have some favorite characters (or else some of the characters in my sig wouldn't exist), but when discussing moveset potential, I put that aside.

Smady

Smash Master
Palutena has a staff, so no, your argument about Krystal using one is void. Everything else you said is patronising. So what, came into this thread to white knight Krystal, you want a pat on the back? Unbelievable.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Palutena has a staff, so no, your argument about Krystal using one is void. Everything else you said is patronising. So what, came into this thread to white knight Krystal, you want a pat on the back? Unbelievable.
of course it is void. but did I ever say that Star Fox ever deserved a 4th rep? I am not defending Krystal, I am just pointing the facts and possibilites for her, nothing more, which is what I've been doing in this whole forum with the other characters.

When discussing possible newcomers, I never take anything as granted, I merely state possibilites for the character, but then some people interpret that as me defending the inclusion of a character, when I never claimed such a thing. Now answer me this, what kind of insane logic is that?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fair enough. It was pretty late at night for me anyways.

But regardless: I just don't see why you guys would want Krystal.

99% of the characters that have been posted in this board have unique movesets. Were not at a complete loss for them.

So many of you must find the character intriguing, and I just don't see how :v
We want her because we like her. What don't you get? You and Master and Smash Daddy can parade around your awfully flawed and incredibly irrelevent logic, but people post in here, because they like Krystal. Your arguments aren't changing opinions of anyone who likes Krystal. Your arguments don't even matter, because none of them have touched what makes her a possible candidate.

She's popular enough, she can"do somthing" as Sakurai would put it, and she is prominent enough. End of discussion. The fact that a mod had to come break up this thread is disgraceful. I would appreciate everyone to try and act civil in here, or don't bother posting at all. I was never the type to tattle on people, but at the slightest sign of a flame war, I'm reporting everyone involved.

Now, let's move forward shall we? If anyone thinks up a moveset, or has another section that they think should be added, tell me.

:phone:

smashbot226

Smash Master
Now, let's move forward shall we? If anyone thinks up a moveset, or has another section that they think should be added, tell me.

Kuma came up with one, as did two other users in the past. Unfortunately, the collective creativity of those three sets seem to be lacking in actual creativity since they're so similar. Why can't you be more like the Zoroark fans? :urg:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Shortie, you're ignorance is only causing more problems. I'm aware that you have a unhealthy fixation for Krystal, but don't try to shove it down everyones throats. It's ok to have criticism in these types of threads, but its not ok to cry about it and blame everyone else.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma came up with one, as did two other users in the past. Unfortunately, the collective creativity of those three sets seem to be lacking in actual creativity since they're so similar. Why can't you be more like the Zoroark fans? :urg:
I don't think a lack of diversity in movesets is a bad thing per se. That would suggest that most people have a similar idea as to how she would work which might be a good thing. Not only that, but Adventures DID provide a lot of stuff to use. It's not our fault that they made it easy for us.

Shortie, you're ignorance is only causing more problems. I'm aware that you have a unhealthy fixation for Krystal, but don't try to shove it down everyones throats. It's ok to have criticism, but its not ok to cry about it.
You think Shortie's desire for Krystal in unhealthy? What the heck do you call Diddy's Impa fascination? And Shortie only "shoves it down" only when the discussion is relevant at hand.

And criticism is fine, but it's another thing to completely reject it and insist that they're wrong because you're subjectively right.

Smady

Smash Master
Character discussion forum. I don't care if Shortie, or sanctimonious white knights like Frostwraith, say they don't like us posting, we want to discuss Krystal's likelihood to be in SSB4. This is not starting a 'flame war,' that is calling for people in this thread to be reasonable and stop telling people on one side of the fence to leave because you don't like them.

Just because Sakurai mentioned her years ago doesn't really mean anything now. She is not popular or prominent compared to other newcomers. I would like some actual proof of this rather than you just stating it as undeniable fact. She can do something, but nothing that makes her remarkable. Goomba can run and die, and is more prominent than Krystal, that doesn't mean he's more likely to be a newcomer than her either.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So we're now reduced to using reductio ad absurdum? And I thought this thread went down the drain already.

Smady

Smash Master
This thread already entered the absurd when it was claimed any character could get in as by right, they all do something.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I don't think a lack of diversity in movesets is a bad thing per se. That would suggest that most people have a similar idea as to how she would work which might be a good thing. Not only that, but Adventures DID provide a lot of stuff to use. It's not our fault that they made it easy for us.
But they're so boring to read! Some of the sets, like for Black Knight and Zoroark, go beyond the traditional fold for Smash sets and actually make them more interesting than those from the game itself. A lack of variety in each set translates to a character that requires little to no thought. Which, for someone as supposedly "unique" as Krystal, is very unfortunate. I thought her staff was supposed to make her unique? :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Character discussion forum. I don't care if Shortie, or sanctimonious white knights like Frostwraith, say they don't like us posting, we want to discuss Krystal's likelihood to be in SSB4. This is not starting a 'flame war,' that is calling for people in this thread to be reasonable and stop telling people on one side of the fence to leave because you don't like them.

Just because Sakurai mentioned her years ago doesn't really mean anything now. She is not popular or prominent compared to other newcomers. I would like some actual proof of this rather than you just stating it as undeniable fact. She can do something, but nothing that makes her remarkable. Goomba can run and die, and is more prominent than Krystal, that doesn't mean he's more likely to be a newcomer than her either.
I never defended her inclusion NOR I did say that I didn't like the fact that you're posting.

whatever I did in this thread was to indicate that Krystal had some elements that could be made into a Smash Bros. game and it's something that can be applied by almost any character, even the Goomba you mentioned.

and no I am NOT butthurt by the fact you don't want or don't believe that Krystal isn't going to be in. it's YOUR opinion and view on the matter, and I respect it.

In fact, just because I mentioned things that could make Krystal a playable character doesn't mean I am in favor for her inclusion. Honestly, I don't believe much that there will be a 4th character for the Star Fox series, at least not without newcomers from Super Mario Bros., Zelda or Donkey Kong.

so, just please stop posting wrong things regarding my posts, because what we have here is a HUGE misunderstanding...

But they're so boring to read! Some of the sets, like for Black Knight and Zoroark, go beyond the traditional fold for Smash sets and actually make them more interesting than those from the game itself. A lack of variety in each set translates to a character that requires little to no thought. Which, for someone as supposedly "unique" as Krystal, is very unfortunate. I thought her staff was supposed to make her unique? :p
I agree with you in some points. The Black Knight and Zoroark have much more room for unique movesets. and yes, it's true that Krystal is much easier to make a moveset because she already has a weapon, but her inclusion in Smash is very unlikely. I would see the Black Knight and Zoroark before Krystal, hence my sig.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't see how that's a bad thing. It's like translating Ryu to this game. It doesn't require too much of a thought process to transplant him from Street Fighter to Smash. The fact that it's so easy to visualize their playstyles should be what makes them so appealing to work on from a resource standpoint. You're not wasting time brain storming stuff up.

Characters like Zoroark and Black Knight come from RPGs and not a whole lot of attack animations are seen. This leaves a lot more to interpretation than someone like Link or Samus would when they have so much pre-existing material to work with.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't see how that's a bad thing. It's like translating Ryu to this game. It doesn't require too much of a thought process to transplant him from Street Fighter to Smash. The fact that it's so easy to visualize their playstyles should be what makes them so appealing to work on from a resource standpoint. You're not wasting time brain storming stuff up.
Indeed, characters that have more moves in their source games are much easier to put in SSB. Mario has a lot of moves derived from SM64, SMW and SMB. while Fox and Captain Falcon had to be worked from root.

the Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters also need some creativity since you don't really visualize their moves, due to their RPG nature, but already have some bases to work from.

and yes, this thread is getting in a ridiculous argument between fans and haters, which I'm neither, because Krystal's character doesn't say much to me, since I never played a Star Fox game, all I did was to point some relevant aspects from the little I knew about her.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Characters like Zoroark and Black Knight come from RPGs and not a whole lot of attack animations are seen. This leaves a lot more to interpretation than someone like Link or Samus would when they have so much pre-existing material to work with.
Zoroark has a whole move list to choose from in the Pokemon games and can go beyond that if the set maker is willing. Black Knight hails from a land of magic while retaining his imposing physique, swordplay, and use of magic. Both have sets that are generally considered representative of the character in question while adding something new that hasn't been done in a Smash set. If anything, the two have more to work with than Krystal, which means there's more variety between sets for the two of them and more room for creativity than with Krystal.

Jeffbelittle

Smash Apprentice
We want her because we like her. What don't you get? Y

She's popular enough, she can"do somthing" as Sakurai would put it, and she is prominent enough. End of discussion.

I already said: I don't understand why you like her. That's what I don't get.

I get why people like... Shadow the Hedgehog for instance. Obviously he's not a really solid candidate for the new game, but I GET why people would like him. A solid Anti-Hero, co-featured in Sonic Adventures 2, who received great development, followed by more game involvement as a group leader, and his own game where he gets more abilities.

I get all that. I don't get how someone falls in love enough with the character Krystal when she's not the driving force in her own game. That's why I'm confused.

So, if you want to grace me with your time and effort to show me why you're all Krystal lovers, that'd be awesome. Maybe show something she did in a game that was inspiring and you can't wait to see it in Smash? Maybe more background and bio? If you don't want to that's fine.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not to mention Krystal's "personality" is as Shallow as her existence. She exists as a love interest for Fox, and her personality reflects that. When Fox rejects her in Command, HER WORLD HAS ENDED. Joins Wolf because THAT'S CLOSE ENOUGH TO A FOX RIGHT?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Zoroark has a whole move list to choose from in the Pokemon games and can go beyond that if the set maker is willing. Black Knight hails from a land of magic while retaining his imposing physique, swordplay, and use of magic. Both have sets that are generally considered representative of the character in question while adding something new that hasn't been done in a Smash set. If anything, the two have more to work with than Krystal, which means there's more variety between sets for the two of them and more room for creativity than with Krystal.
I know we hate Krystal, but this is getting a bit ridiculous, Smashbot.

Black Knight does not use magic that heavily. He seems like he would be too similar to Ike. The fact that he just so happens to have a decent MYM set over Krystal just largely has to do with the fact there's no skilled MYMers in MYM who like the character. Zoroark, on the other hand, struggles to incorporate his illusions into his attacks in a feasible moveset, and he would probably only have TM moves, if any, in the Specials alone. Assuming Krystal gets her staff, she would be easier for Sakurai to make a set for than the aforementioned characters. . .

Though then again, that's assuming Palutena doesn't get in when she's blatantly a lock. Still more potential than -Zoroark-, though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I already said: I don't understand why you like her. That's what I don't get.

I get why people like... Shadow the Hedgehog for instance. Obviously he's not a really solid candidate for the new game, but I GET why people would like him. A solid Anti-Hero, co-featured in Sonic Adventures 2, who received great development, followed by more game involvement as a group leader, and his own game where he gets more abilities.

I get all that. I don't get how someone falls in love enough with the character Krystal when she's not the driving force in her own game. That's why I'm confused.

So, if you want to grace me with your time and effort to show me why you're all Krystal lovers, that'd be awesome. Maybe show something she did in a game that was inspiring and you can't wait to see it in Smash? Maybe more background and bio? If you don't want to that's fine.
I somewhat agree with you. This whole idea of a 4th character for Star Fox is still a little farfetched. While Krystal definitely HAS moveset potential thanks to her staff, there's something she lacks: notability.

there's a reason why Pikachu and Jigglypuff are representants of the Pokémon franchise out of 649 species of Pokémon: notability.

for Krystal to appear in the game, then it would be necessary one of these conditions:

- many other series would need lesser known characters WITHIN the franchise.
- more Star Fox games should be made and give Krystal character development and notability.

but I'm also tempted to agree on the fact that IF there's a 4th character to represent the franchise it will be Krystal but only for her moveset potential. Leon could also be a potential newcomer, because he has appeared in more games and also has a good moveset potential, but on the other side has a bigger risk of being a Fox (semi-)clone, if the developers feel like it. heck, even Krystal also has this risk.

hope I made my point clear.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lol. Krystal is shallow. About as shallow as Peach and Zelda's roles in their games. As if personality really matters. Game and Watch doesn't have one. Sakurai had to give Ice Climbers the little they have.

I tried to upload a moveset, but it isn't working. -.-

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
When Fox rejects her in Command, HER WORLD HAS ENDED. Joins Wolf because THAT'S CLOSE ENOUGH TO A FOX RIGHT?
Ether she joins Star Wolf or becomes the DARK AND EDGY emo bounty hunter named "Kursed".

Before any of you ask, no I'm not making this up.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lol. Krystal is shallow. About as shallow as Peach and Zelda's roles in their games. As if personality really matters. Game and Watch doesn't have one. Sakurai had to give Ice Climbers the little they have.

I tried to upload a moveset, but it isn't working. -.-

Wasn't presenting it as an argument against her inclusion, just that it's hard to like a character like that.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
I completely agree that Krystal should be in ssb4.But in starfox adventures,She doesn't use her staff.fox uses it.so I'd like to see her with her own staff(or fox having his own) because fox really is a clone dad.2 clones?that's just dumb.so he should have tricky or something with him.with the staff.But Krystal...she'll get in.I'll eat my socks if she doesn't.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I believe of the Starfox series Krystal should be the next in line. I will only support her if she has her staff. It will make her a very unique character to play.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to add her just because she is female. If she does make into the game, I'll probably rage if she is just another luigified-clone.

Since Nintendo is rebooting the StarFox series there are rumors that Krystal may be written out. I would hope that Nintendo (or Rare) would remake Dinosaur Planet & have Krystal be the main star of it.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to add her just because she is female. If she does make into the game, I'll probably rage if she is just another luigified-clone.

Since Nintendo is rebooting the StarFox series there are rumors that Krystal may be written out. I would hope that Nintendo (or Rare) would remake Dinosaur Planet & have Krystal be the main star of it.

where did you hear that?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I remeber someone said that to me when I was arguing Krystal's possibility getting in. He bascially said that they might get rid of her if they revive the series but he didn't say it was a rumor. Just a possiblity. I don't remember who said it.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I remeber someone said that to me when I was arguing Krystal's possibility getting in. He bascially said that they might get rid of her if they revive the series but he didn't say it was a rumor. Just a possiblity. I don't remember who said it.
Dang thats a big image to load?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know what image you're talking about.

I just think what she can do with a staff would be awesome. Also we only saw Fox use the staff so in reality Krystal could have different abilities as well (with the exception of the ruby shot).

Top Bottom