• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
I don't know what image you're talking about.

I just think what she can do with a staff would be awesome. Also we only saw Fox use the staff so in reality Krystal could have different abilities as well (with the exception of the ruby shot).
Or maybe she would use some of Fox's abilities with the staff, just like Ness and Lucas uses PSI attacks that they didn't use in Mother 2 or 3

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
That's very probable but I was just pointing out that Sakurai could take some liberties in making Krystal's special moves.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to add her just because she is female. If she does make into the game, I'll probably rage if she is just another luigified-clone.

Since Nintendo is rebooting the StarFox series there are rumors that Krystal may be written out. I would hope that Nintendo (or Rare) would remake Dinosaur Planet & have Krystal be the main star of it.

:phone:
If Krystal uses her staff then there's a slim chance of her being a luigi-fied clone. And I hope that rumor is true, because IMHO Dinosaur Planet being changed into a Starfox game was a big mistake. She PROBABLY wouldn't have so much hate if she simply was a Dinosaur Planet character, not a Starfox character. DP would be its own IP (correct me if im using the term wrong) and we could be discussing an actual Starfox character for SM4SH...if there should be another. But I won't talk about what could've happened for DP.

Krystal's move set in Smash 4 will most likely be based on how fox has used the staff in SA. It's obvious and it can work. But I can agree that she's not interesting. If anything I would rather have a Starwolf character like Leon, Pigma or Andrew(Andross' nephew). Or they could throw in someone random and not mentioned here like The Shogun in Stafox 64. He would be a random choice (and a wasted slot) but a moveset for him would be more interesting than Krystal. Plus he has a lesser chance of being a clone since he would have good aerial mobility but be slow on ground, shoot laser bolts, angle his shooting and have a new sheild for SM4SH that's not a reflector and it could break then regerate over time. Or he could end up like a Starfox clone by the way I just described him. Here's some info on Shogun.

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Shogun

I would rather see another villain or an anti-hero from SF then her...but sadly she has a better chance.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
If Krystal uses her staff then there's a slim chance of her being a luigi-fied clone. And I hope that rumor is true, because IMHO Dinosaur Planet being changed into a Starfox game was a big mistake. She PROBABLY wouldn't have so much hate if she simply was a Dinosaur Planet character, not a Starfox character. DP would be its own IP (correct me if im using the term wrong) and we could be discussing an actual Starfox character for SM4SH...if there should be another. But I won't talk about what could've happened for DP.

Krystal's move set in Smash 4 will most likely be based on how fox has used the staff in SA. It's obvious and it can work. But I can agree that she's not interesting. If anything I would rather have a Starwolf character like Leon, Pigma or Andrew(Andross' nephew). Or they could throw in someone random and not mentioned here like The Shogun in Stafox 64. He would be a random choice (and a wasted slot) but a moveset for him would be more interesting than Krystal. Plus he has a lesser chance of being a clone since he would have good aerial mobility but be slow on ground, shoot laser bolts, angle his shooting and have a new sheild for SM4SH that's not a reflector and it could break then regerate over time. Or he could end up like a Starfox clone by the way I just described him. Here's some info on Shogun.

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Shogun

I would rather see another villain or an anti-hero from SF then her...but sadly she has a better chance.

I still think she counts as a star fox character shes just from a different plantet. As for villains, I would much rather see a starwolf character like leon, Although I'd like to see general scales over all of them, but that won't happen.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I have a challenge for Krystal moveset makers. Make a moveset that is NOT related to StarFox Adventures in anyway. Is it possible? Yes. Would she still be interesting? Probably not.

While it would be fantastic to have her use a staff as her main weapon, she, as a character, is not very interesting. A staff-based moveset is the only real reason people want her in smash. Some people may want her because she's is female, but surely u still want her to use that staff. Her staff is neither recent nor reoccurring. I think everyone agrees that they do not want another luigified character with another blaster, reflecter, fire fox, illusion, or a 4th Landmaster. A better character would be Leon. I however do not want to see another StarFox character. I especially do not want another cloned or luigified character. If she is in smash with her staff great, awesome. If she doesn't have a staff, she will be a disappointment to fans everywhere as another clone.

So yeah...

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I agree with you that the main reason I want to see Krystal is because I want a staff fighter but I remember a few people who thought of using assault weapons instead. I believe they call this her "Pimp Cannon"

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
Krystal is easily in my top 5 most wanted.
She has...
  • Importance as fox's love interest
  • Uniqueness in the form of that staff
  • And popularity to boot
That being said a lot of people don't like the idea of four star fox reps which i can kinda understand since star fox would have as may reps as zelda and mario which are quite a bit more popular and successful franchises. So why not just cut falco who it still pretty much a clone of fox and not THAT integral to star fox as a whole and ad krystal?

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you that the main reason I want to see Krystal is because I want a staff fighter but I remember a few people who thought of using assault weapons instead. I believe they call this her "Pimp Cannon"
I wouldn't mind her moves being based on all the games she's been in; will probably be luigified. Still don't want to see a 4th StarFox character right now. I wish we had more info on a StarFox Wii U title. What's up with these rumors of a Metroid & StarFox crossover, it's crazy?

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
What's up with these rumors of a Metroid & StarFox crossover, it's crazy?
Some stupid rumor about an idea that never was really taken seriously.

A Metroid/Star Fox crossover would be bizarre, to say the least. You're taking non-linear exploration and mashing it up with... Well, with whatever the hell Star Fox is doing at the moment, since even the developers can't seem to make up their minds about it.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know anything about a Starfox/Metroid crossover but I know there is a strong rumor about a Starfox game being developed for the Wii-U.

"However, later in June, Nintendo software producer and director Katsuya Eguchi hinted Nintendo may be considering making a Star Fox title on the newly announced console Wii U."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Fox_(series)

If Krystal is in that then it will only raise her chances in getting into Smash.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh no, it will probably make people dislike her even more.

But then again, who's to say she'll make an appearance at all in the next game?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Krystal is easily in my top 5 most wanted.
She has...
  • Importance as fox's love interest
  • Uniqueness in the form of that staff
  • And popularity to boot
That being said a lot of people don't like the idea of four star fox reps which i can kinda understand since star fox would have as may reps as zelda and mario which are quite a bit more popular and successful franchises. So why not just cut falco who it still pretty much a clone of fox and not THAT integral to star fox as a whole and ad krystal?
That I do not agree with. If Krystal gets in, it won't be at Falco's expense. He's been in StarFox since the start, and is essentially the Luigi to Fox's Mario. Not to mention, many people love Falco. Krystal's probably only getting in as the fourth character, not as a third with a replacement of one who's there already.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I have a challenge for Krystal moveset makers. Make a moveset that is NOT related to StarFox Adventures in anyway. Is it possible? Yes. Would she still be interesting? Probably not.

While it would be fantastic to have her use a staff as her main weapon, she, as a character, is not very interesting.
Alright, I'm gonna top you right there. How does her character relate to how interesting her moveset would be? I mean, Mr. Game And Watch has the personality of an alarm clock, and they made a rather unique moveset for him just based off of things from his various games.

In that sense, asking one to make an interesting moveset for Krystal that A: Hasn't been done, and B: isn't from Adventures, is simply not a fair request to make. Adventures being really the only game in the series where Arwing combat wasn't really much of a thing, the next two games she was in had her piloting an Arwing, (well, Arwing in Assault, and custom machine in Command, but you get the picture).

In a series were almost all of the games give each character the same suite of gadgets, you are asking us to take a character and ignore the one time that she was given something that would set her apart, and then saying "See? There's nothing that sets her apart".

And that has nothing to do with how interesting you think she is as a character, and everything to do with what interesting abilities she has.

Yeah, you could make a set of powers based off of Assault's ground weaponry (grenades, chain gun, Sniper Rifle), but why limit your choices when there's already a unique weapon that belongs to her, fits with her aesthetic, and has moves ready to go that don't require any reaching, like Fox and Falco have for half their special moves?

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm gonna top you right there. How does her character relate to how interesting her moveset would be? I mean, Mr. Game And Watch has the personality of an alarm clock, and they made a rather unique moveset for him just based off of things from his various games.
You really can't compare with a retro character like G&W, of course he has no personality. I agree that a fantastic moveset can be made for the dullest character in the world, as long as they have the abilities to cover it up. I do not want a character in smash just because they could have a new playstyle. There are plenty of better characters that can be just as unique, they just won't have a staff. I mean do we really need a 4th StarFox character?

In that sense, asking one to make an interesting moveset for Krystal that A: Hasn't been done, and B: isn't from Adventures, is simply not a fair request to make. Adventures being really the only game in the series where Arwing combat wasn't really much of a thing, the next two games she was in had her piloting an Arwing, (well, Arwing in Assault, and custom machine in Command, but you get the picture).
I'm sure there are people who have made a complete moveset not involving her staff. It might actually still be more interesting than Falco's & Wolf's. She could use her gatling gun, grenades, & telepathic abilities. Adventures was kinda like a "hiccup" for StarFox like Super Mario Bros. 2. I'm just saying people shouldn't put all their hopes into Krystal to have a staff-based moveset. There's still a possibility she would end up being luigified. Palutuna is more likely.

In a series were almost all of the games give each character the same suite of gadgets, you are asking us to take a character and ignore the one time that she was given something that would set her apart, and then saying "See? There's nothing that sets her apart".
That "one time" u mentioned involved Krystal holding the staff while riding a pterodactyl...& then dropping it to the planet below. Then along comes Fox, he picks up the staff & BAM, a StarFox game is born. She never even got to use it in combat. The staff is more relative to Fox than Krystal.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
The staff still belongs to her, and the implication is that she already knows all the functions that Fox had to hunt down. Well, actually "implication" probably is not a strong enough word, since she grabbed the thing from Fox and went right into throwing Fire Blasts at Andross when she came out of the coma. She knows how to do all the stuff Fox did with the thing, and almost certainly can do it better. Fox USED it, but it was never really HIS. Yeah, she made a move to heavier ordinance in Assault, but it is still iconic.

Also, I am of the opinion that, rather than wanting a staff user, which can be filled by Palutena, it is more that people want this particular character or the specific fighting style that Krystal's staff lends itself toward. Palutena would not even be remotely similar.

Besides, I would prefer Medusa.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I actually forgot that she used the staff on Andross. I'm more against a 4th rep than the idea of Krystal using her staff. I'm just dreading that if Sakurai takes notice of her support, he'll not think of the staff idea & make her like the rest of the StarFox team; which I think is more likely. While StarFox Adventures wasn't a bad game, it wasn't like the traditional StarFox games. People hated it because of that. Sakurai tends to avoid things that are hated or unpopular.

If she is included in SSB4 with a staff playstyle, great. But I don't care about her & it is too early to give StarFox a 4th character.

Palutena was a bad staff replacement example for Krystal. I know nothing of Kid Icarus or how she fights.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Her fight is more about pillars of light, summoning Centurions, and blinding the plAyer.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow.
Didn't quite think Krystal would get as much hate as Waluigi does.
No matter. I still think that another Star Fox character is uneeded, but I'll keep my opinions about this topic to myself as this is meant to be a support thread and
I don't wanna be a hypocrite

D

Deleted member

I think if you don't like Krystal, you should stop obsessing over her and not hang out in the Krystal thread :rollseyes:

This. It's kind of funny how people whine about Krystal fans obsessing over the idea when the detractor themselves are heavily preoccupied with keeping Krystal out of Smash.

Anyway, I support her inclusion for Smash. She's someone I could see my playing with a lot, even if she is a semi-clone.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

If anyone should have an arsenal of weapons to use it should be Slippy, not Krystal (keep the staff). After all, he MADE Starfox's weapons (and fox and falco's blaster, reflector) and vehicles. The mechanic should have a variety of gadgets at his disposal, but Nintendo's too smart to do this so...

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Slippy is the one who should have a Landmaster.

He designed the damn thing.

Or was that only the Blue Marine he designed?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Slippy's Final Smash should be the Blue Marine, and it just falls down on the stage and flops around being useless, much like Slippy himself.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
If anyone should have an arsenal of weapons to use it should be Slippy, not Krystal (keep the staff). After all, he MADE Starfox's weapons (and fox and falco's blaster, reflector) and vehicles. The mechanic should have a variety of gadgets at his disposal, but Nintendo's too smart to do this so...

He also built the Arwings and he sucks at flying. Here's a drinking game. Play Starfox 64 and take a drink every time Slippy yells "Help me!" If he dies you have to finish your drink.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Fortunately for us, Sakurai isn't too concerned about "representing" any series with a limited number of slots,
You may say that, but i am still waiting for a completely unique Metroid character, Zero Suit doesnt count because they are still one character.
So while Star Fox gets 3 characters with people demanding for a fourth, a best selling series with 11 games on 7 different systems only has Samus, and Zero Suit, which are still one character. Star Fox itself only has 5 games with a sixth game being a remake.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
probably because Star Fox has a lot of recurring characters, and Metroid is very Samus-centric.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

She might be able to switch from her Adventure version with staff to her assault version with pimp cannon, whynot?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Something did come up on my end. I know that Krystal is taller than Fox, but what about Wolf!? For some reason, I think around Peach's height is acceptable for Krystal's size.

[collapse=Size Comparisons]
[/collapse]

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm hoping that since Smash gets unique designs of the Star Fox characters, in SSB4 Fox's design won't make him as short as he previously has been in Smash. I mean, he really isn't that much shorter than the other characters in Adventures and Assault (he's even taller than a few).

However if once again he is the shortest SF character (which is probably pretty likely), than I think that M&S's size comparison would work well. Personally I'd love for both Fox and Krystal to be around Peach's height, but if I had to choose one, it would be Krystal.

I'm also wondering if SF Wii U is currently in development, how much Sakurai will borrow elements from their outfits (and possibly heights). Although if Krystal has an outfit similar to her Command one, I'll be fairly :glare:.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Or she could have an all new uniform like, say, a thighless (but not sleeveless) suit, just to make a cheap sample.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm pretty sure canon wise that Fox is the same height as Krystal, if not taller.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I was actually surprised wolf was included over krystal in brawl. At least Krystal wouldn't have gotten a landmaster, that's not cannon (ohwaitwolfright)

I can see her being fairly unique too, with magic and a staff and whatnot. And starfox has been consistently been getting one new rep per smash game. I see no better option (DOABARRELROLL)

25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7fd6wBfBr1qizbpto1_1280.gif

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
so..many...d**n...furries in this thread.
lol, but anyway, not sure if I've already posted in here or not, sooo Im going with the latter.
I orignally had Krystal on my final roster along some others (closet furry, so?) umm lol anyway It was very hard to cut her from my roster, but I had to cut it down to 50, so her, geno, & a couple others didn;t make it. She should be in the next game, she's really something new to the Starfox reps, she doesn't really have to rely on fire power, she can, but doesn't have to & brings a different style to not only the female reps, but the starfox franchise, she should be a shoe-in.
(go go furry rangers)

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Why does wanting Krystal in Smash make one a furry, huh? I mean, why is it assumed that the reason wants her in the game is because she appeals to a fetish?

I shudder to think of what people think of Ridley and King K. Rool supporters.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Maybe they call them scalies or something? I dunno, but I would just ignore it or laugh it off.

Funny how I never saw people be called furries for supporting Wolf during the pre-Brawl era like I have with Krystal.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I shudder to think of what people think of Ridley and King K. Rool supporters.
But King K. Rool and Ridley aren't at the top of the fur bait food chain like Krystal is.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
And as we all know, Waluigi supporters are just entranced by that magnificent moustache, right?

And Shulk supporters have a thing for mechanics.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I'm questioning her status as most popular female this time around. The past three years she has been top dog, but Palutena is definitely giving her a run for her money. Not that the inclusion of Palutena would effect Krystals chances.

Why is Palutena giving Krystal a run for her money? All of the playable characters in Super Smash Bros are either adventurers or have fought in some way (Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. may be exceptions). Palutena has done none of that. All she did was send Pit on missions and talk. Krystal on the other hand has fought alongside her team members on the Star Fox team. Not to mention she attempted to save Sauria before Fox came in in Star Fox Adventures.

Top Bottom