• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why is Palutena giving Krystal a run for her money? All of the playable characters in Super Smash Bros are either adventurers or have fought in some way (Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B. may be exceptions). Palutena has done none of that. All she did was send Pit on missions and talk. Krystal on the other hand has fought alongside her team members on the Star Fox team. Not to mention she attempted to save Sauria before Fox came in in Star Fox Adventures.
Someone's never played Uprising...:smirk:

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
Someone's never played Uprising...:smirk:
Yes I have thank you very much. Throughout most of the game she just sends Pit to do all of the work. She doesn't go down and fight along side him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes I have thank you very much. Throughout most of the game she just sends Pit to do all of the work. She doesn't go down and fight along side him.
I'll rephrase. Someone's
never got to her boss battle.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
I'll rephrase. Someone's
never got to her boss battle.
Yeah, you fight her when she was being brainwashed.
Is that how you want her to be represented in Smash Bros?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The fact that she's shown to be capable is enough for her to be in, not that it was one of Sakurai's criteria anyway.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Palutena's character > Krystal's

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But yeah, I suggest taking the rest of this to the Palutena thread.

D

Deleted member

Why does wanting Krystal in Smash make one a furry, huh? I mean, why is it assumed that the reason wants her in the game is because she appeals to a fetish?

I shudder to think of what people think of Ridley and King K. Rool supporters.
The funny thing about the term furry is that it is frequently misconstructed as someone with a sexual fetish when in reality, it's just someone who takes interest in an anthromorphic character (meaning they like the character and not usually like that).

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you fight her when she was being brainwashed.
Is that how you want her to be represented in Smash Bros?
But those were her powers, I think we can determine from that that she can normally do such things.

I mean, if we weren't willing to extrapolate like that, nobody would be suggesting that Krystal would use her staff in Smash.

AdmN30

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdmiralN
Switch FC
SW-2324-3227-3622
But those were her powers, I think we can determine from that that she can normally do such things.

I mean, if we weren't willing to extrapolate like that, nobody would be suggesting that Krystal would use her staff in Smash.

My original main point was that Krystal has more priority because most of the Smash characters have fought in some way or adventured. Krystal has done both (though the latter was brief). Palutena on the other hand has mostly served as Pit’s commander even in the new game and hasn’t fought as much as Krystal did.

D

Deleted member

Solution:

Add both Krystal and Palutena. There's room for both.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I really don't think Palutena's got a chance, guys. All the retro characters have gotten 1 rep, and Sakurai's stated he doesn't plan on continuing the Kid Icarus series anymore. Let the mini revival be, be happy for it, and leave room for more prominent characters in nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The fact that she's shown to be capable is enough for her to be in, not that it was one of Sakurai's criteria anyway.
She's capable enough when she's brainwashed and being controlled

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
KID ICARUS UPRISING SPOILERS ABOUND

She's capable enough when she's brainwashed and being controlled
And what makes you think that she wouldn't have those spells and attacks when a chaos parasite isn't struggling with her for control of her soul? Heck, wouldn't she be more powerful when she's in full command of herself?

If those spells weren't Palutena's own abilities, why does the Chaos Kin not have anything resembling those spells in the fight with him in Chapter 21? You'll note that
Palutena and the Chaos Kin are physically separated and act independently (albeit Palutena following the Chaos Kin's orders) during the fight in Chapter 20.

If those powers aren't native to Palutena, why did Dyntos parrot those exact same powers when he made the Pseudo-Palutena?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Krystal has nothing to do with Palutena.

I've got a feeling that it's not really that unlikely to get four Star Fox reps, even though the series isn't as big as others. Krystal is definitely it. If not, I think they should cut Falco for her.

D

Deleted member

Krystal has nothing to do with Palutena.

I've got a feeling that it's not really that unlikely to get four Star Fox reps, even though the series isn't as big as others. Krystal is definitely it. If not, I think they should cut Falco for her.
First part: Glad someone gets it. Which is why Palutena needs not to be discussed in a Krystal thread.

Second Part: Definitely add her as the fourth Star Fox rep, but I seriously object to her replacing Falco or Wolf if there are only three spots.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
First part: Glad someone gets it. Which is why Palutena needs not to be discussed in a Krystal thread.

Second Part: Definitely add her as the fourth Star Fox rep, but I seriously object to her replacing Falco or Wolf if there are only three spots.
I was mostly hoping to gather attention in that statement, as I don't believe that either Wolf or Falco will be replaced or removed. I do think that Villain and Love Interest are both more interesting than sidekick though. I think since Krystal is (arguably) one of the most popular characters wanted for Brawl, she might have a good chance for Smash 4, but f they add her, they'll keep the other 3.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Maybe I'm looking too into this but what if they gave Krystal 2 move sets?
Gunslinger and Melee.

One where she's using her pistol and the other she's using her staff.

I'm only saying because what if they do decide "Oh Krystal? Let's make her a Fox clone but more flexible, athletic and fast. Kind of like ZSSamus but with more hair."

She could be the Gen/Amaterasu of Nintendo :awesome:

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
That is a pretty stupid idea and you should feel ashamed of yourself.
I know right :awesome:

But seriously...THINK ABOUT IT! *brick'd*

I wouldn't mind seeing a 4th rep for StarFox. I can see Krystal being a legit fighter rather than Slippy (oh please don't troll us Nintendo). I can also see her more likely than Panther or Leon. I see people pointing out "Oy! StarFox doesn't need anymore REPS! Dx" Aye...Mario has 4 reps, Zelda has 4 reps, Pokemon has 4 (7) reps. I don't see the problem. The game is pretty flexible so they can do whatever they want. I also see that StarFox's fanbase isn't too large. But eh.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Maybe I'm looking too into this but what if they gave Krystal 2 move sets?
Gunslinger and Melee.

One where she's using her pistol and the other she's using her staff.

I'm only saying because what if they do decide "Oh Krystal? Let's make her a Fox clone but more flexible, athletic and fast. Kind of like ZSSamus but with more hair."

She could be the Gen/Amaterasu of Nintendo :awesome:
Even with a cloned moveset as one of the two, this sounds like something that would be unnecessarily complicated and time-consuming for development when giving her only one (non-cloned) moveset would work just as well better. If they wanted her to use elements of Fox's moveset, they would probably just give her one or two moves similar to his, not an entire moveset.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 4th rep for StarFox. I can see Krystal being a legit fighter rather than Slippy (oh please don't troll us Nintendo). I can also see her more likely than Panther or Leon. I see people pointing out "Oy! StarFox doesn't need anymore REPS! Dx" Aye...Mario has 4 reps, Zelda has 4 reps, Pokemon has 4 (7) reps. I don't see the problem. The game is pretty flexible so they can do whatever they want. I also see that StarFox's fanbase isn't too large. But eh.
If Krystal doesn't get in (which there is a decent chance of) then there wouldn't be a new SF rep. It's not like people are clamoring for any other SF characters, and the series isn't at such a low amount of playable characters that anybody would think it needs a boost. The main thing against Krystal is the already-existent abundance of SF characters.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Even with a cloned moveset as one of the two, this sounds like something that would be unnecessarily complicated and time-consuming for development when giving her only one (non-cloned) moveset would work just as well better. If they wanted her to use elements of Fox's moveset, they would probably just give her one or two moves similar to his, not an entire moveset.

True. If they do make her a semi-clone of Fox for her all she really needs is a blaster, Fox Illusion and Fox Fire then all they gotta do is throw in a few original jabs and smashes. Seeing that it defies her as part of the series. Then again, it also depends on which game she would be most based off of if they wanna go more in depth. Seeing as her trophy states her conflict with Fox (since she went to Star Wolf) But I think they'll ignore that and say "Hey let's just give her a staff" or "Hey lets make her a semi-clone of Fox but be just as original as Wolf"

If Krystal doesn't get in (which there is a decent chance of) then there wouldn't be a new SF rep. It's not like people are clamoring for any other SF characters, and the series isn't at such a low amount of playable characters that anybody would think it needs a boost. The main thing against Krystal is the already-existent abundance of SF characters.
Yeah if she doesn't get in then there won't be any point of stressing on "OMG WHICH SF CHARACTER SHALL WE PUT IN THIS GAME?!?!?111?! DX" I don't know, but the SF characters seemed to be a flexible cast.

But that's all just me.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
True. If they do make her a semi-clone of Fox for her all she really needs is a blaster, Fox Illusion and Fox Fire then all they gotta do is throw in a few original jabs and smashes. Seeing that it defies her as part of the series. Then again, it also depends on which game she would be most based off of if they wanna go more in depth. Seeing as her trophy states her conflict with Fox (since she went to Star Wolf) But I think they'll ignore that and say "Hey let's just give her a staff" or "Hey lets make her a semi-clone of Fox but be just as original as Wolf"

Yeah if she doesn't get in then there won't be any point of stressing on "OMG WHICH SF CHARACTER SHALL WE PUT IN THIS GAME?!?!?111?! DX" I don't know, but the SF characters seemed to be a flexible cast.

But that's all just me.
But why more semi-clones? I'd prefer if they just worked on falco's move set more so he wouldn't be a semi clone. Give him a different gun and an arwing final smash as well. Wolf...is on the right track imo, just change his final smash to something like him calling Leon, Panther, and Pigma or Andrew to fly around the stage and shoot at you (btw I don't play with Wolf so...). I don't want a SF character to be replaced but if someone does and Sakurai decides " Let's just have three SF characters, seems enough" then Falco's most likely gonna get replaced with Krystal. I only say this because of the Protagonist, Love Interest, Rival logic I've been hearing so far on this thread.

And the post about Slippy. I can see Krystal AND Slippy being good fighters but Slippy would have his cowardly charm to it, but we all know Krystal's chance is higher as another rep. Though I think creating a move set for Slippy would be more easier and less stressful then deciding to give Krystal a staff or just a bunch of random guns. Not saying this can't happen, since Cpt. Falcon has a move set even though he just races in his games.:awesome:

DilowcsNollsnn

Smash Rookie
People complaining about how Star Fox getting 4 reps is ridicules because other more popular series only have four (Mario, Zelda). Think of this, don't you think that in SSB4 they would have gotten more reps (plus Mario has more than four if you count DK series, Yoshi, & Wario) so that argument is invalid. Also, SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A FOX CLONE! just because she is from Star Fox doesn't make this so. Fox, Falco, and Wolf are like that because they didn't have anything to go on, Krystal has a staff, she dose, so that argument is also invalid. I think the only reason people don't want Krystal in is just because they don't want Krystal in.

D

Deleted member

Again with the "staff means no clone" story. I'm tired of hearing it.
It does not matter if she has a staff, she can easily be another Wolf while using it. (By which I mean, normal attacks not derived from Fox, but Specials are.)

Can she shoot things? Yes. The staff shoots firebolts instead of lasers, but they can be fired the same way.
Can she "flash step"? Logically speaking, yes. You can even add the staff's ice projection powers to give it a unique flair. An Ice Dash if you will.
Can she boost upwards? Yes. It's called Rocket Boost, an ability the staff has in-game.
Can she reflect things with a barrier? Yes. The staff has a barrier power.
Can she use a Landmaster? Yes.

So what does this show? That Krystal can *gasp* be another semi-clone even WITH the staff that people claim she would be completely unique while using! "Strange, isn't it? :sonic:"
Now granted, I'm not arguing that Krystal would be a semi-clone, but I'm dispelling the arugment that she won't or can't be one.

"But what about the Ground Quake?" Down Smash. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I imagine her being a lighter and slower character. Perhaps faster than Wolf, but slower than Falco. But she could be more powerful to make up for it.

She also has telepathy. Wonder how that could come into play with a potential move set? Or maybe just a taunt?

D

Deleted member

Telepathy just means communication through the mind.
It's not telekinesis, like what Mewtwo uses.
It'd be pretty useless as a move, except for a possible Final Smash where she calls upon dinosaurs using telepathy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Her traits would ultimately depend on what her playstyle is. If she's got good spacing normals like Marth, expect her to be light on her feet.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That is a pretty stupid idea and you should feel ashamed of yourself.
At least it's a better idea than Star Fox Adventures, Assault, and Command! :awesome:

Still, as a space animal semi-clone is the only way I see Krystal getting in. Quite frankly, there are a few dozen Nintendo characters that out-prioritize her, who also have just as much unique moveset qualities (if not more), have been in better games, and have had larger roles in their respective series/IPs/universes.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I see a bit of logic in this thread.

There are plenty of unique characters that are way more important than Krystal, & are more likely to actually be unique. Give a new franchise a chance.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
It's true there are better choices in other series but lets face it krystal is just about all star fox has left to offer IMO
Andross won't work for obvious reasons, Peppy is lol worthy, If slippy comes near this game people will rage, and the star wolf subordinates are just not that important.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

There are plenty of unique characters that are way more important than Krystal, & are more likely to actually be unique. Give a new franchise a chance.

I agree with you that new franchises should have priority over side characters like Krystal. There are some threads giving other franchises 5th reps like Mario and Zelda and I think other games should get at least four.

In general I feel Krystal has the best chance of being a unique fighter if they just use common sense with her. Staff fighting is very different then swords, hammers, or fists with rapid short attacks and slow long reach attacks. Her style wouldn't be fast but smooth and graceful like a slower more powerful Shiek.

D

Deleted member

My prediction roster with fifty-three characters. 53 characters. Krystal is in it and we get six new franchises. Three misc. reps, two retro reps, and one third-party.

Plenty of new franchises are being given a chance here. I think we can have work together here.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the organization is fine, everything is pretty clearly sorted into respective series, retro, modern misc, or 3rd party.

Are you looking at it in columns instead of rows?

D

Deleted member

Yes, but why would anyone want to waste a slot for Krystal?

(Also you're organization is kind of atrocious)
There are far worse additions than Krystal, who's still a decently popular request that fulfills all four criteria that Sakurai has. So going by that, she wouldn't be a "waste" of a slot.

Top Bottom