• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
See I actually the new Starfox series and though they're not nearly a great as the original or the 64 they still have appeal to me. My personal ranking would be this.

Most Liked
Starfox (SNES)
Command
Adventure
Assault
Least Liked

In Command I really liked the turn base strategy, personalized ships, and Multiple paths/endings. I thought the stories really interesting because you got a chance to break away the Starfox team and lead a squadron with Falco, Krystal, Wolf, etc...

My biggest problem (and I think everyone else would agree) was that the battles were the same thing. You either had to knock out a series of targets or went after a missle. The missle things were extremely annoying and were only possible if you had Panther or Slippy taking care of it. I'm sure if they added rail missions, added landmaster or aquamarine missions, or different bosses it would have been great.

I'm uncertain how I felt about the time limit. I like it because it felt more realistic (Something real fighter pilots have to deal with) but it was rather annoying and didn't let you just enjoy the battle.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Her shade of blue fur isn't BRIGHT enough for fuchsia. Maybe if the outfit was all purple it would have been better. But that game was hilarious. They created two new female characters, and they were like "you know they're female, because they are pink." They actually had to DE-PINK Katt because they realized what they were doing, lol. Then they had the idea to make a "female ending," which of course meant baking cakes and throwing a party for when the men get home.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Master Rapier
Well to each their own, if you liked it, then great! I'm glad some people did. Personally it's my least favorite Starfox game. While I admit somethings were ok, I really just found most of it to be very unfun and alot of the characters unlikeable. The only new character I didn't mind was Dash. However, I like games that others think aren't very good either or didn't like for whatever reason (Adventures comes to mind), so it's really just a matter of opinion, like usual.

@Oasis
I think I prefer the portrayal of females in Other M more than in Command. :laugh:
But seriously, not only were the new females unnecessarily pink (which screwed over the only actual pink character), they were just worse knock-off versions of Peppy and Slippy (and when you're worse than Slippy, you know there's problems :rotfl:) But Krystal better not be dressed anything like that in any future Starfox games.

[collapse=Ugh...]
[/collapse]
Why couldn't they have added Miyu and Fay instead?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
This would've been awesome. I've never understood why they haven't brought them back and put them in a game that sees release.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Oasis
I think I prefer the portrayal of females in Other M more than in Command. :laugh:
But seriously, not only were the new females unnecessarily pink (which screwed over the only actual pink character), they were just worse knock-off versions of Peppy and Slippy (and when you're worse than Slippy, you know there's problems :rotfl:) But Krystal better not be dressed anything like that in any future Starfox games.

[collapse=Ugh...]
[/collapse]
Next you get a pink Adventures outfit.

Also my understanding is that Miyu and Fay became the blueprints for Katt and Bill. I bet they would ruin my interpretation of Miyu anyhow. Figured she was more like a female Falco. A JERKHOLE, basically. But then again she blows kisses at every opportunity so maybe I would be the one at fault for even thinking that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ah, that's right, I forgot that. Even if it might be unlikely now, I still think they could implement them uniquely without them resembling Bill and Katt personality-wise too much, and either way they would be a hell of a lot better than Lucy and Amanda. :glare:

Miyu always seemed like she would be more like Katt than Falco to me, but I guess I forgot to put it together than Katt was based on Miyu. I think there's alot of room for Fay to be different than Bill though.

Anyway, probably just wishful thinking now, I doubt they'll ever be implemented. Though if anybody were to do it, my money would be on Retro.

And lol don't image search Kat Monroe (one t) with other people in the room. :embarrass:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
See I actually the new Starfox series and though they're not nearly a great as the original or the 64 they still have appeal to me. My personal ranking would be this.

Most Liked
Starfox (SNES)
Command
Adventure
Assault
Least Liked

In Command I really liked the turn base strategy, personalized ships, and Multiple paths/endings. I thought the stories really interesting because you got a chance to break away the Starfox team and lead a squadron with Falco, Krystal, Wolf, etc...

My biggest problem (and I think everyone else would agree) was that the battles were the same thing. You either had to knock out a series of targets or went after a missle. The missle things were extremely annoying and were only possible if you had Panther or Slippy taking care of it. I'm sure if they added rail missions, added landmaster or aquamarine missions, or different bosses it would have been great.

I'm uncertain how I felt about the time limit. I like it because it felt more realistic (Something real fighter pilots have to deal with) but it was rather annoying and didn't let you just enjoy the battle.
Kind of agree with that liked to least liked list, except I would put Adventures above Command and Assault. As unlikable as Assault was I would still prolly put Command at the bottom.

The time limit was my most hated thing about Command since you brought it up, aside from the occasional mean-spirited Krystal depending on the ending.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
What the hell is wrong with Assault? I would personally put it right below 64, if 64 must be put on a golden pedastel like that.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
In my experience with command i found it to be pretty bad It was really repetitive and the time limit pissed me off on more than one occasion top it off with the soap opera story that wasn't all krystal's fault the other characters were just as moody at points and that's why i personally think it's the worst in the series. If i were to rate the star fox games i would go something like

1.Star fox 1
2.adventures
4.assault
5.command
I LOVED adventures so i may be a bit biased lol

D

Deleted member

Today is an (un)important day for all Krystal fans/haters.

Today, you will judge Krystal's odds of getting in and hopefully not kill each other over the internet or get yourself banned from this forum.

Today, Krystal judgement will take place here.

You have one day to decide her fate

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Today is an (un)important day for all Krystal fans/haters.

Today, you will judge Krystal's odds of getting in and hopefully not kill each other over the internet or get yourself banned from this forum.

Today, Krystal judgement will take place here.

You have one day to decide her faith.
I decide her faith is Muslim...?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
What the hell is wrong with Assault? I would personally put it right below 64, if 64 must be put on a golden pedastel like that.
Assault had a lot of great ideas but all of them were executed poorly. Ground combat was a great idea but the controls were stiff and was really generic. Multiplayer was another great thing to add but with that stupid radar diamond your enemy could know exactly where you were even if you were hidden behind something. The plot was really cool and resembled a borg/zerg invasion but the apiroids weren't that intimidating (compared to the 64 enemies). I could go on but that's just a few examples.

On the Command time limit I found out that if you shoot down everything in sight it usually gives you plenty of time bonuses. It was only a problem when you fought Octoman (from F-zero) and the other guy because you could only get time bonuses by shooting the mines he released.

Also I'm not saying that my list is the only right list. It's my personal opinon on which games I like more over the other.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Forgot to comment on this earlier, but

Can't deny it. Unless people start seeing Slippy for what he's really worth.
But given that people are too distracted by the boobs...that doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon. :/
I don't think I really have a preference anymore between Krystal and Slippy, or between Krystal and the other Star Fox team members for that matter, but when you've got Zero Suit Samus who got in over Ridley before, I probably wouldn't bat an eye at this point if a SF character with teh boobs got in over the inventive toad or replaced Falco or something. I mean you can't tell me a fanservice version of Samus who before Brawl was only used in part of one game with just a pistol that stunned enemies, is more important than Ridley, anymore than you can tell me that Krystal is the 2nd most important SF character EVAR because of her implied relationship with Fox McCloud.

In my experience with command i found it to be pretty bad It was really repetitive and the time limit pissed me off on more than one occasion top it off with the soap opera story that wasn't all krystal's fault the other characters were just as moody at points and that's why i personally think it's the worst in the series. If i were to rate the star fox games i would go something like

1.Star fox 1
2.adventures
4.assault
5.command
I LOVED adventures so i may be a bit biased lol
Putting Adventures over SF64? That takes guts, given the unbreakable cloud of respect the latter has and the consensus in how it "defined" the series. Part of me agrees on where you placed Adventures though, as I'm one of the few that really enjoyed it too.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I just realize something. Starfox Adventures is extremely similar to Guardian Legends for the NES. I would dare say that it was even based off of it.

[collapse=Game cover]
[/collapse]

In GL your job is to destroy a planet before is hits earth. You move to different sections of the planet by flying (top down Gun Nac style). You explore this planet with back travelling, and puzzle solving. The only thing is that the gameplay is more in depth then Adventures. For those who like Starfox Adventures then I think you'll love Guardian Legends.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Funny how Krystal was a rather popular pick before Brawl while Ridley was extremely polarizing. Now things have changed because of rather arbitrary reasons.

D

Deleted member

Funny how Krystal was a rather popular pick before Brawl while Ridley was extremely polarizing. Now things have changed because of rather arbitrary reasons.
That was the case? I was always the assumption that Krystal was always polarizing, just that the fan support overshadowed detractors much better back then.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I just realize something. Starfox Adventures is extremely similar to Guardian Legends for the NES. I would dare say that it was even based off of it.

[collapse=Game cover]
[/collapse]

In GL your job is to destroy a planet before is hits earth. You move to different sections of the planet by flying (top down Gun Nac style). You explore this planet with back travelling, and puzzle solving. The only thing is that the gameplay is more in depth then Adventures. For those who like Starfox Adventures then I think you'll love Guardian Legends.
I may check that out sometime then, as strange as it looks from the cover.

That was the case? I was always the assumption that Krystal was always polarizing, just that the fan support overshadowed detractors much better back then.
That, and the fact no one really took Wolf support seriously back then apparently, but now that he's been an established Smash character, people see Star Fox (a series that has been dead for too long now aside from the SF64 port to the 3DS which Krystal wasn't in) having 4 playable reps to be a little too far a stretch, or people have stopped overestimating Krystal's importance like they used to and now see others like Slippy as an equally good or better candidate. Either way, Krystal's support has lowered while Ridley's seems to have risen, ironically. Like I said though, I don't have a preference anymore between Krystal or the other members of the Star Fox team that haven't already been playable in Smash, but if she gets in, then cool.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
It's not like we have that many shining character discussions going at this point anyways and at least the content was related. I was searching up things to find out how Krystal was in the Star Fox games. Secondly, seeing as most people liked the video I don't see it as bad.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Oh, so a character that debuted a year after Melee deserved to be in it.

Fascinating.
Adventures was supposed to be released for the N64 as "Dinosaur Planet", though. Krystal was even the main character in that Beta. It later on got scrapped and got moved over to GameCube. So technically she did exist before Melee.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Adventures was supposed to be released for the N64 as "Dinosaur Planet", though. Krystal was even the main character in that Beta. It later on got scrapped and got moved over to GameCube. So technically she did exist before Melee.
Yes, but she didn't make her debut until after Melee, which is what Golden said.

Plus, if Dinosaur Planet came out as originally planned she would've been scrapped from Melee (in whatever form she was in -- most likely trophy) along with all the other Rare IPs. Also Banjo-Kazooie definitely would've been chosen over Dinosaur Planet, if a (non-DK) Rare character was going to be playable.

At least now, as part of Starfox, she has a chance at being playable, as opposed to if she had been released pre-Melee as part of Dinosaur Planet, as she would currently be owned by Microsoft. :ohwell:

I'd trade Krystal for Banjo & Kazooie though.
:awesome:

D

Deleted member

Roy didn't "deserve" to be in Melee either.
This. Might as well bring this post up while I'm at it:
edit: - Toad
- King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Mewtwo
- Little Mac
- Mii
- Mega Man

If we only want additions filled with "all-stars" or "deserving" additions, this is pretty much all we're going to get. At this rate, less than half of potential candidates can argue to be "all-stars". Heck, I would even argue that many characters already in Melee or Brawl aren't "all-stars". "All-stars" and "deserving" are such subjective term that all it really does is unfairly exclude good or great choices (would have thrown Duck Hunt Dog into there as well given how recognizable he is, but he has no chance and I don't need anyone to get on my case).

The reason why we can hope for more than ten newcomers is not because they're "all-stars" but because the potential candidates we do have are good characters in their own rights and in some cases, have interest from Sakurai (Saki and Takamaru being the best example).

jigglover

Smash Lord
Mo, Mii is not.
. Unfortunately, Miis are vastly unpopular, and nintendo is trying to get them in as many games as possible. Miis in smash will no doubt make it a little bit less popular, for the online modes you will just always have miis and it will get incredibly frustrating.

splat

Smash Lord
Mii, in it's simplest form, is Nintendo's attempt at copying Microsoft's idea for an avatar.
Sigh.

Mii was revealed at the Game Developers Conference in 2007.
Avatars were launched November 19, 2008.

You got your facts the wrong way around.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Oh god. Disregard that post...
Mii is kind of a failure though, I don't know a character hated more than Mii. They're hated more than Waluigi!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Top Bottom