• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I realized something
*rant incoming*
WHY MUST NINTENDO ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE WHINY PART OF THE FANBASE AND IGNORE THE MAJORITY??!!!!! THE STAR FOX 64 PURISTS ARE A SMALL PORTION OF THE FANBASE!, I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS IF MIYAMOTO PREFERS HIS OWN WORK OVER OTHER STUDIOS WORK, IT'S NO LONGER ABOUT WHAT HE LIKES OR WANTS, IT'S WHAT WE WANT. MIYAMOTO HAS OBIVOUSLY HAS HIS HEAD UP HIS ASS. IF HE'D GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS, AND STOP PUSHING THIS ARCHAIC "THE STORY IS SECONDARY " BULL****, MAYBE NINTENDO WOULDN'T BE IN THE POSTION THEY ARE NOW, IT'S MIYAMOTO'S BLATANT REFUSAL TO ADAPT AND PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF WHAT A GAME REALLY IS, THAT'S CAUSED THE GAMERS TO LEAVE IN DROVES! NO HE'S STUCK IN HIS OLD VIEWS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY PASSÉ. MIYAMOTO AND NINTENDO ARE LIKE A STUBBORN OLD MAN THAT REFUSED TO ADAPT TO CHANGING TIMES. WELL LET ME TEACH YOU A LESSON IN ECONOMIC DARWINISM, THOSE COMPANIES, THAT DON'T ADAPT, BECOME INSOLVENT. SONY GETS IT, MICROSOFT GETS IT. HELL EVEN BLIZZARD AND BETHESDA GET IT. SO WHY THE **** CAN'T NINTENDO???!!!!!!!.
*rant over*
What I meant by adapt is listen to their consumers, and treat games as art. Not all games have to be black, Brown, and gray gorefests. Nintendo can still make games that have that charm but have good stories and relatable characters. Good story can enhance great gameplay, (IE Batman Arkham series, Uncharted, TES, Fallout, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, early Halo games, ETC.). The damsel in distress storyline has been beaten to death years ago. The people like strong female characters who can fight for themselves. (IE, Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, Samus Aran, any female ninja in the Mortal Kombat games, Chun-Li, Meryl Silverburgh, Tifa Lockhart, Lucina, and Rayne)

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I realized something
*rant incoming*
WHY MUST NINTENDO ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE WHINY PART OF THE FANBASE AND IGNORE THE MAJORITY??!!!!! THE STAR FOX 64 PURISTS ARE A SMALL PORTION OF THE FANBASE!, I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S *** IF MIYAMOTO PREFERS HIS OWN WORK OVER OTHER STUDIOS WORK, IT'S NO LONGER ABOUT WHAT HE LIKES OR WANTS, IT'S WHAT WE WANT. MIYAMOTO HAS OBIVOUSLY HAS HIS HEAD UP HIS ***. IF HE'D GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ***, AND STOP PUSHING THIS ARCHAIC "THE STORY IS SECONDARY " BULL****, MAYBE NINTENDO WOULDN'T BE IN THE POSTION THEY ARE NOW, IT'S MIYAMOTO'S BLATANT REFUSAL TO ADAPT AND PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF WHAT A GAME REALLY IS, THAT'S CAUSED THE GAMERS TO LEAVE IN DROVES! NO HE'S STUCK IN HIS OLD VIEWS THAT ARE OBVIOUSLY PASSÉ. MIYAMOTO AND NINTENDO ARE LIKE A STUBBORN OLD MAN THAT REFUSED TO ADAPT TO CHANGING TIMES. WELL LET ME TEACH YOU A LESSON IN ECONOMIC DARWINISM, THOSE COMPANIES, THAT DON'T ADAPT, BECOME INSOLVENT. SONY GETS IT, MICROSOFT GETS IT. HELL EVEN BLIZZARD AND BETHESDA GET IT. SO WHY THE **** CAN'T NINTENDO???!!!!!!!.
*rant over*
What I meant by adapt is listen to their consumers, and treat games as art. Not all games have to be black, Brown, and gray gorefests. Nintendo can still make games that have that charm but have good stories and relatable characters. Good story can enhance great gameplay, (IE Batman Arkham series, Uncharted, TES, Fallout, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, early Halo games, ETC.). The damsel in distress storyline has been beaten to death years ago. The people like strong female characters who can fight for themselves. (IE, Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, Samus Aran, any female ninja in the Mortal Kombat games, Chun-Li, Meryl Silverburgh, Tifa Lockhart, Lucina, and Rayne)
Dude, chill out. Nintendo has always been slower to adapt. Didn't you already rant on this before, seriously chill. What does the damsel in distress story have to do with Star Fox Zero, no female is being saved. btw Nintendo is doing just fine and aren't in any financial problem what so ever while Sony I believe is still in debt.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So. I've been out of the loop, is krystal not gonna be part of the new star fox? :(

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
So. I've been out of the loop, is krystal not gonna be part of the new star fox? :(
You heard correctly.

Though, we're not entirely sure if she's out of the Star Fox universe per se. This game is another re-imagining of Star Fox 64 (from what we gather), which happened before her first appearance in the franchise.

We'll see what they really do after this game. But that's gonna be a long wait, and we're not sure how that's gonna impact Smash Wii U.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
So hey, while it may not be everyones favorite, Star Fox Command is being released on the WiiU virtual console thr 25th. This may sound very optimistic, but if Zero truely retconned the sequels this wouldn't of been released. So I'm willing to say that Krystal and everyone is safe, but I don't want to say that right now as if its absolute, im guessing nothing's changed.
Not to rain on your parade but this is about money, they aren't going to hold on a game that could give them money just because the last in the series is supposed to be a retstart, in a bussiness perspective making that choice would be foolish.

Do they get easy money releasing this game on the virtual console with minimal to zero risks? yes they do, money rules for companies believe me they aren't worried about cannon issues when they can get money from it, even if it is just a little.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Not to rain on your parade but this is about money, they aren't going to hold on a game that could give them money just because the last in the series is supposed to be a retstart, in a bussiness perspective making that choice would be foolish.

Do they get easy money releasing this game on the virtual console with minimal to zero risks? yes they do, money rules for companies believe me they aren't worried about cannon issues when they can get money from it, even if it is just a little.
You may be right, but now think how the people that play it will wonder why, if Zero was a reboot, that the game wasnt connected to it. They'd even be more confused if they put Adventures and Assault up, and those two got a ton of screen time in Foxes amiibo video, but as of now they havent gotten GC games on wiiu vc.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
OK. So I know this isn't much but I just got on a Live Stream with AceStar and I had my tag, KrystalDLC showing to all who were watching. So I got all the message at least a bit!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Was about to say that more or less. Just cashing in on Star Fox hype and Command is probably the easiest "un-VC'd" Star Fox game to "VC".

Still, I find it to be a bit curious all the same. Command isn't exactly a favorite. Think it gives us some hope that the other Star Fox games like Adventures and Assault could get the same treatment. And if they could get that much recognition, perhaps the worlds they created aren't so forgotten. We may yet see proper sequels with the characters we love back. I think it's a long way off though. We'll just have to keep waiting. Hopefully this new Star Fox is more than it seems as well.

You may be right, but now think how the people that play it will wonder why, if Zero was a reboot, that the game wasnt connected to it. They'd even be more confused if they put Adventures and Assault up, and those two got a ton of screen time in Foxes amiibo video, but as of now they havent gotten GC games on wiiu vc.
What amiibo video are you talking about? I don't know that I've seen this. Is it something official? Would be nice if it was and Nintendo featured those games like you've implied.

Edit: Did a quick search and think I found it. It featured pretty much all the Star Fox games fairly equally. Still it was nice to see Adventures and Assault get recognition. Assault did seem to have the most footage by a bit too.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Well lads this isnt really my final goodbye and it is to be acknowledged if Krystal news happens i will return however pretty much i got stuff to focus on. This year i was dissatisfied with Nintendo with no galaxy 3 or sunshine 2 and waiting 5 years for a stupid metroid spinoff. Star Fox Zero looks good im not happy with no online multiplayer but it'll do. To be fair ive had my fair share of fun times and bad times here and may have idk convinced a few people to join us. But this E3 just is bringing me back to Bethesda and Microsoft. So one day i may be back from the cold and apocalyptic lands of The Division but for now i need to fade out before i disappoint myself with another bullcrap theory.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
So hey, while it may not be everyones favorite, Star Fox Command is being released on the WiiU virtual console thr 25th. This may sound very optimistic, but if Zero truely retconned the sequels this wouldn't of been released. So I'm willing to say that Krystal and everyone is safe, but I don't want to say that right now as if its absolute, im guessing nothing's changed.
Yeah I saw and heard of it. Interesting that they are bringing Command to the Wii U's eShop after all. You know, with the Gamepad itself, it may be better implemented on it than it was on the DS and of course it would look great on the big screen which is a plus. If Nintendo can do that, then I have a feeling that they will plan to bring release Gamecube games on the eShop as well with Adventures and Assault as part of it. But even with all of that, this doesn't hurt Wolf and Krystal's chances for DLC at all. We know that Wolf is coming back to Starfox Zero and as for Krystal to be in Zero, I don't see why not and I can see her being reimagined. Besides, with Platinum Games working with Nintendo on this, they seem to have a strong feeling towards female characters and this could work after all. After all, we have now till the Holiday 2015 season when it comes out and I'm sure everything will be polished in the end. But one thing for sure is that we are finally going to hear more info on stages, new modes and the characters that are going to be in Starfox Zero in future Nintendo Directs and I have a strong feeling that it will even have its own Direct like what they have done with Splatoon or Bayonetta 2 for instance. Let's continue our Krystal support guys and especially for Wolf for both of them to make it into Smash 4.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Yeah I saw and heard of it. Interesting that they are bringing Command to the Wii U's eShop after all. You know, with the Gamepad itself, it may be better implemented on it than it was on the DS and of course it would look great on the big screen which is a plus. If Nintendo can do that, then I have a feeling that they will plan to bring release Gamecube games on the eShop as well with Adventures and Assault as part of it. But even with all of that, this doesn't hurt Wolf and Krystal's chances for DLC at all. We know that Wolf is coming back to Starfox Zero and as for Krystal to be in Zero, I don't see why not and I can see her being reimagined. Besides, with Platinum Games working with Nintendo on this, they seem to have a strong feeling towards female characters and this could work after all. After all, we have now till the Holiday 2015 season when it comes out and I'm sure everything will be polished in the end. But one thing for sure is that we are finally going to hear more info on stages, new modes and the characters that are going to be in Starfox Zero in future Nintendo Directs and I have a strong feeling that it will even have its own Direct like what they have done with Splatoon or Bayonetta 2 for instance. Let's continue our Krystal support guys and especially for Wolf for both of them to make it into Smash 4.

They did say there was more to this game, so maybe it'll be the case for her and the others that show up after 64 since Platinum is known for doing that sort of thing. People do know about them as well, and it'd be stupid to ignore em, and unless i'm not looking at the right places, not very many that liked or hated the characters said anything about the post 64 characters upon the games announcement, leaving it all down to a neutral situation. What I am hearing is both the majority of those that played the demo along with the journalists that played it have said they find the controls very awkward and were not too impressed with Zero being the same scenario everyone's experienced before, which comes off as a bit ironic, but I think since they wanted gameplay as good as 64 and Star Fox 2 while still being a sequel then I dont blame em entirely.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Could it be possible that EAD developed the first part of the game and that is a SF64 type game and the rest of the game was developed by Platinum, and since Platinum has a strong feeling toward female characters, that provides a possibility of our favorite blue vixen returning, not to mention how Platinum has said that there's more to this game. Sorry for my earlier rant, that was just 3 years of frustration from Nintendo coming out. Star Fox Zero will definitely have a Direct since it is being billed as one of Nintendo's big holiday titles

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Could it be possible that EAD developed the first part of the game and that is a SF64 type game and the rest of the game was developed by Platinum, and since Platinum has a strong feeling toward female characters, that provides a possibility of our favorite blue vixen returning, not to mention how Platinum has said that there's more to this game. Sorry for my earlier rant, that was just 3 years of frustration from Nintendo coming out
I really do hope Krystal will be in the game in some form, maybe a multiplayer appearance? Hell, I'd take a cameo if anything

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I really do hope Krystal will be in the game in some form, maybe a multiplayer appearance? Hell, I'd take a cameo if anything
Since Miyamoto did talk about the game being episodic on a few occasions, maybe we could have a retelling of Adventures, Assault, and Command (hopefully without the crappy fanficition-esque story), which would see Krystal's return, SF Zero is the big Holiday title, of course we'll get a Direct for it

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, maybe she can still be a minor character in the game? That would be possible right?
She's ot fans, especially in japan, so you'd think nintendo wouldn't overlook them..

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well, maybe she can still be a minor character in the game? That would be possible right?
She's ot fans, especially in japan, so you'd think nintendo wouldn't overlook them..
I just wonder where she would show up? Maybe they could have a mission showing the destruction of Cerinia or something? Or maybe a mission on Sauria? It's never happening but that'd be amazing

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Honestly, I doubt she's in the game. I'll just be waiting this out since I've already put ten bucks in a ziplock bag to use for preordering StarFox Zero when I come home from California.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...light_in_star_fox_zero_prompts_mixed_emotions

This game just keeps sounding worse and worse, I'm really want to be optimistic about it but I just can't. Bad visuals, non-existent story and character development, apparently less action than 64, empty environments, no online multiplayer and the removal of two of my favourite characters. I really hope they can fix it up before release but I really doubt they can, this is honestly seems like Star Fox 64 with forced motion controls

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...light_in_star_fox_zero_prompts_mixed_emotions

This game just keeps sounding worse and worse, I'm really want to be optimistic about it but I just can't. Bad visuals, non-existent story and character development, apparently less action than 64, empty environments, no online multiplayer and the removal of two of my favourite characters. I really hope they can fix it up before release but I really doubt they can, this is honestly seems like Star Fox 64 with forced motion controls
This epitomizes Miyamoto's stubbornness and archaic ways of thinking. This game could be the end of Miyamoto's career if it flops. Miyamoto was a good developer in his time but now he is the stubborn old man who's time passed long ago. It's time for the young maverick developers to take over at Nintendo

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So you guys have moved past denial (the announcement), anger (the reveal), and are now on bargaining, huh? :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How long until we get to acceptance?
Ideally when people realize that as cool a character as she might be, she isn't going to have a place in a game that acts like Adventures, Assault, and Command never existed.

Realistically when the game comes out and people finish combing over every last inch of it and realize Krystal is in fact totally omitted.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Ideally when people realize that as cool a character as she might be, she isn't going to have a place in a game that acts like Adventures, Assault, and Command never existed.

Realistically when the game comes out and people finish combing over every last inch of it and realize Krystal is in fact totally omitted.
And then the outcry becomes so severe Nintendo is forced to bring her back

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Actually that's still anger.

And it's not going to work.
Because Miyamoto is out of ****ing touch and has no intention of ever getting in touch. Instead he lives in his magical world. I ain't buying Zero, if I wanted to play a game like Star Fox 64, I'd turn on my N64. I am tired of the reboots , two reboots is enough. But no, god forbid anyone complains, Miyamoto starts the story fresh

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If by that you mean finding a way to cope with Krystal's total absence, I've done that.
That's exactly what I mean, it is the five stages of coping with grief...

Because Miyamoto is out of ****ing touch and has no intention of ever getting in touch
And that's not something you or any of us are going to change.

But that really has very little to do with Krystal and more on his refusal to adopt modern features of gaming like online.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
And that's not something you or any of us are going to change.

But that really has very little to do with Krystal and more on his refusal to adopt modern features of gaming like online.
And his insistence that he is always right, Miyamoto is the gaming equivalent of a stubborn old man that refuses to adapt to some of the newer trends in gaming, and that his ways don't work anymore

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Settle down, both of you. Ian, these knee-jerk reactions aren't helping anyone. N3ON, I expected better from you than this air of superiority.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And his insistence that he is always right, Miyamoto is the gaming equivalent of a stubborn old man that refuses to adapt to some of the newer trends in gaming, and that his ways don't work anymore
I think you've moved past the point of relevance regarding the topic of the thread...

Settle down, both of you. Ian, these knee-jerk reactions aren't helping anyone. N3ON, I expected better from you than this air of superiority.
If you want to look at it like that...

I'm just being frank.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Not so much "never existed" but didn't happen yet, because there's always the possibility that the worlds in scenarios in those games could be revisited to some degree. I still think Krystal's role could easily be reimagined (because, let's face it, the whole tribal, psychic thing was kind of dumb) and she could come back in either this game or the next. The next Smash probably won't even be announced until 2019-2020 so she has plenty of time to make a comeback if it turns out she did miss the boat for this game.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If you want to look at it like that...

I'm just being frank.
Alright, MR NEGATIVE!!

Not so much "never existed" but didn't happen yet, because there's always the possibility that the worlds in scenarios in those games could be revisited to some degree. I still think Krystal's role could easily be reimagined (because, let's face it, the whole tribal, psychic thing was kind of dumb) and she could come back in either this game or the next. The next Smash probably won't even be announced until 2019-2020 so she has plenty of time to make a comeback if it turns out she did miss the boat for this game.
The implied royalty part of her backstory can be kept, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Such things are possible but I'm not going to expect them out of Miyamoto.

If it were just Platinum working on this it'd be a whole other story...

(also I'm just talking about this game, not where the series might extend to in the future)

Alright, MR NEGATIVE!!
Ms Negative ;P

And, not to point fingers, but... I'm not the one drinking the SFZ and Miyamoto haterade...

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302

Nonetheless, we can't stop supporting her getting into Smash as a fighter now. King K. Rool hasn't appeared in a major DK title in years but people are still clamoring for him. Isaac is no longer the latest protagonist in his series but people want him more over his son, Matthew. Not to mention, Isaac's not an Assist Trophy in this Smash.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alright, MR NEGATIVE!!

The implied royalty part of her backstory can be kept, right?
I suppose but I think her being reintroduced as a villain/rival would be more interesting. Maybe lead her own team? Eh... dunno. I don't it would be too hard to come up with a new role for her that people like and doesn't utterly piss off her fanbase.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nonetheless, we can't stop supporting her getting into Smash as a fighter now. King K. Rool hasn't appeared in a major DK title in years but people are still clamoring for him. Isaac is no longer the latest protagonist in his series but people want him more over his son, Matthew. Not to mention, Isaac's not an Assist Trophy in this Smash.
Oh, by no means am I suggesting to stop supporting her for Smash... even if I personally don't think she's going to make it unless she re-appears in SF, let the popularity speak for itself.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Such things are possible but I'm not going to expect them out of Miyamoto.

If it were just Platinum working on this it'd be a whole other story...

(also I'm just talking about this game, not where the series might extend to in the future)
Miyamoto tends to have a tendency to babysit developers when they take on his IPs and then cuts the umbilical cord if they prove they can handle it well. As I mentioned earlier, Platinum definitely has a thing for strong, female leads so I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted up ideas for the character, even if Hall Monitor Miyamoto doesn't let them use them for this game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Miyamoto tends to have a tendency to babysit developers when they take on his IPs and then cuts the umbilical cord if they prove they can handle it well. As I mentioned earlier, Platinum definitely has a thing for strong, female leads so I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted up ideas for the character, even if Hall Monitor Miyamoto doesn't let them use them for this game.
Well this game didn't start with Platinum, they were just brought on board to help... so I think it's more a case of it being a Miyamoto game with P* assistance instead of a P* game with Hall Monitor Miyamoto looking over their shoulder at every opportunity.

That said, if this game proves a successful collaboration and a successful reception I could definitely see Platinum taking the reigns on the series and making SF their own as other non-EAD devs have in the past. And at that point Krystal would be a lot more likely to show up... but that whole situation still seems fairly distant and hypothetical.

Top Bottom