• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well this game didn't start with Platinum, they were just brought on board to help... so I think it's more a case of it being a Miyamoto game with P* assistance instead of a P* game with Hall Monitor Miyamoto looking over their shoulder at every opportunity.

That said, if this game proves a successful collaboration and a successful reception I could definitely see Platinum taking the reigns on the series and making SF their own as other non-EAD devs have in the past. And at that point Krystal would be a lot more likely to show up... but that whole situation still seems fairly distant and hypothetical.
Well the game does play well,

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
As long as acceptance doesn't mean I have to buy the New SF64, I suppose I'm okay with this. :troll:

Now, to wait until more is revealed about the NX since the Wii U is basically done for... :011:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
As long as acceptance doesn't mean I have to buy the New SF64, I suppose I'm okay with this. :troll:

Now, to wait until more is revealed about the NX since the Wii U is basically done for... :011:
Maybe THAT is why Star Fox Zero looks rushed, maybe they are just trying to get the game released so they can focus on the NX's launch

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I suppose but I think her being reintroduced as a villain/rival would be more interesting. Maybe lead her own team? Eh... dunno. I don't it would be too hard to come up with a new role for her that people like and doesn't utterly piss off her fanbase.
I'd actually really like that, the whole "last of their kind" backstory is really overdone and there's a lot they could do, maybe expand on the whole Kursed thing, maybe she's a bounty hunter who is looking for Fox, maybe she teams up with Star Wolf to take him down, maybe she has a team with Panther or something. Maybe the Kursed persona could be some sort of mind control or something and you make her come to her senses. Or they could just expand on the destroyed planet stuff, maybe she's somehow responsible for the destruction of Cerinia and takes up the Kursed persona to escape and cope with it

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I'd actually really like that, the whole "last of their kind" backstory is really overdone and there's a lot they could do, maybe expand on the whole Kursed thing, maybe she's a bounty hunter who is looking for Fox, maybe she joins Star Wolf, maybe she has a team with Panther or something
Or Krystal could be Cornerian Special Forces, she is assigned to work with Star Fox, she eventually falls for Fox. Or she could have a Leia esque backstory, she was a princess who was rescued by Cornerian agents when she was an infant after her parents are killed, as a military coup takes place, there are a lot of good options for her new backstory

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I'd be 100% OK if they went the Kursed Persona for Krystal since Sasuke was one favorite character from Naruto and Kursed is basically a female version of what Sasuke's character was I think I'd love Krystal even more.

Burigu

Smash Ace
So Krystal is a BLUE vixen with PSYCHIC powers and also hinted to be a PRINCESS?? I am ok with her being reimagined into a new role. I don't remember another character in the series, with all these features. If it weren't for the characters flaws and development these very distintive characteristic would classify her as a Mary Sue.

I think you should see this game as a Sonic Boom esque game. A new universe if you want, in that way she is not dead, but also might not be in the game either...

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
--

And so we're left in a situation we weren't expecting. Star Fox Zero is neither a continuation of the series nor a retcon, leaving Krystal's fate unknown. There've been a lot of fans jumping to conclusions, though, which may hurt us.

Funny how bias can work. Donkey Kong Country Returns is a re-imagining? "Wait, where's K. Rool?" Star Fox gets a revisit to its older games? "Ha ha, Krystal's done for!"

If there's anything we've seen, it's that first impressions and the loud opinions of vocal minorities get far too much attention...and so I think it's time we changed our approach. Krystal hasn't been written out of her series, but she isn't relevant any more. Some are writing her off, and a minority of them are doing it gleefully, for some misguided reason. Here's the thing, though, with the Smash Ballot in play, relevance doesn't carry the same weight as before.

You know who else hasn't been relevant in a while?

The two most popular newcomer candidates.

We can't rely on relevance any longer...but all the main reasons we supported Krystal are still there. Her abilities and choice of weaponry in her games would bring something to Smash that no character can match, and with the moveset potential to ignite the fans'--and developers'--imaginations. Sounds a lot like K. Rool and Isaac, doesn't it?

Instead of focusing on the newest Star Fox game...now we need to frame her as a character dearly missed who still has a lot to offer despite being absent from her series at the moment. The more we can do to associate her with K. Rool and Isaac, the better chance we stand.

In a way, the latest Smash reveals may actually help us. There were some unanswered questions about how willing they'd be to go all out on DLC characters, revamp their appearance, or pull a significant amount from older games. The two newest characters have just as much work and just as much heart put into them as those in the main game. Roy has been completely updated to match the art style of "modern" Fire Emblem, with an appearance that hybridizes his original art and his cameo in Awakening's DLC. Ryu's animations and sound effects are a direct call back to Street Fighter II.

Thanks to them, a staff-wielding Krystal with a brand new look is more plausible than ever. To make that a reality, though, we need to change our approach and re-ignite our support.

Here's our next step: We need to get Krystal associated with K. Rool and Isaac as part of the "Missing Three".

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
--

And so we're left in a situation we weren't expecting. Star Fox Zero is neither a continuation of the series nor a retcon, leaving Krystal's fate unknown. There've been a lot of fans jumping to conclusions, though, which may hurt us.

Funny how bias can work. Donkey Kong Country Returns is a re-imagining? "Wait, where's K. Rool?" Star Fox gets a revisit to its older games? "Ha ha, Krystal's done for!"

If there's anything we've seen, it's that first impressions and the loud opinions of vocal minorities get far too much attention...and so I think it's time we changed our approach. Krystal hasn't been written out of her series, but she isn't relevant any more. Some are writing her off, and a minority of them are doing it gleefully, for some misguided reason. Here's the thing, though, with the Smash Ballot in play, relevance doesn't carry the same weight as before.

We can't rely on relevance any longer...but all the main reasons we supported Krystal are still there. Her abilities and choice of weaponry in her games would bring something to Smash that no character can match, and with the moveset potential to ignite the fans'--and developers'--imaginations. Sounds a lot like K. Rool and Isaac, doesn't it?

Instead of focusing on the newest Star Fox game...now we need to frame her as a character dearly missed who still has a lot to offer despite being absent from her series at the moment. The more we can do to associate her with K. Rool and Isaac, the better chance we stand.

In a way, the latest Smash reveals may actually help us. There were some unanswered questions about how willing they'd be to go all out on DLC characters, revamp their appearance, or pull a significant amount from older games. The two newest characters have just as much work and just as much heart put into them as those in the main game. Roy has been completely updated to match the art style of "modern" Fire Emblem, with an appearance that hybridizes his original art and his cameo in Awakening's DLC. Ryu's animations and sound effects are a direct call back to Street Fighter II.

Thanks to them, a staff-wielding Krystal with a brand new look is more plausible than ever. To make that a reality, though, we need to change our approach and re-ignite our support.

Here's our next step: We need to get Krystal associated with K. Rool and Isaac as part of the "Missing Three".
Let's rock *This plays: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_MwxrZL7V0k* *puts on 80s action hero outfit* Finally found use for this

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
--

I honestly think we need to get Krystal smashified in order to bring in the hype and support we need! Omni is a fan of Star Fox and favorited every post I made about how disappointed I was about Krystal being gone. Now is our chance to get her on his show!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I honestly think we need to get Krystal smashified in order to bring in the hype and support we need! Omni is a fan of Star Fox and favorited every post I made about how disappointed I was about Krystal being gone. Now is our chance to get her on his show!
I'll start asking Omni once Isaac is done and I think Isaac is going to be the next one (****ing finally)

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Actually that's still anger.

And it's not going to work.
I dont know, remember how pissed everyone got over Mewtwo and Lucas being absent in Smash before they came back? There is a large following on Krystal and i'm pretty sure Nintendo is aware of her fans and Panthers even. Daisy still has a following too, and she hasnt been in any Mario game that isnt Kart or other spinoff in years unless I missed something

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
So Krystal is a BLUE vixen with PSYCHIC powers and also hinted to be a PRINCESS?? I am ok with her being reimagined into a new role. I don't remember another character in the series, with all these features. If it weren't for the characters flaws and development these very distintive characteristic would classify her as a Mary Sue.

I think you should see this game as a Sonic Boom esque game. A new universe if you want, in that way she is not dead, but also might not be in the game either...
The princess thing isn't canon. It's fanfiction stuff as far as I know and isn't even hinted at. I'm not a fan of the idea as it's totally an overused notion on female characters.

I agree that some character reimagining would be welcome for Krystal, but not too much. There's a core character that still appeals to me.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
As long as she keeps her design, her weaponry, her attitude and her character, she could be the queen of the dumpster and I still would love her. Well, she would certainly lose some of her credibility, but still. A title doesn't make a character. I think I might make myself a Twitter or whatever it is that is needed to support her being smashified.

A small sacrifice to a great cause. lolz

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I thought I'd drop by to share my thoughts on the current state of affairs. RandomCities was right: Star Fox Zero Edition. Here we are with a brand new game, from the franchise creator himself, going back to square one all over again. No eye-popping innovation and no ambition. "This time it's different!" A reimaging of SF 64, because the 3DS remaster wasn't enough to satiate the nostalgic minority that's been screaming for this worn narrative. One of the major additions is a salvaged idea from a game that's existed for literally decades. The controller gimmick is reported to be a hassle to work with, but "the fact it's challenging makes it so rewarding lol!" Lack of multiplayer is a non-issue in my eyes. Nintendo clearly went all in on the single player experience and so I believe that's the part of the game critics will dock the majority of their points for.

I plan to pick this game up before issuing a final verdict, however, I'm still disappointed there's no Krystal to be seen at this stage in any way, shape or form. I realize it's to be expected from what's basically a reboot, but if you can fudge the continuity on a whim, what's to say you couldn't rewrite and reinsert the character you erased? Some of you have said she could be DLC. I think that would be the best case scenario in the event of an outright omission. Her chances would have been greatly helped with an appearance, even if it were minor. Now, all we have to lean on is a dodgy smash ballot that Nintendo has made no promises to honor. "If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter!" Consider is the key word. Maybe I'm incorrect in saying this, but I don't believe crashing the polls in droves without a selling point is the ticket. Uniting behind one solid argument in an organized social media movement would probably do well to supplement the votes. The nature of this contest lends itself to grassroots efforts that continue after you've pinned your "I voted" sticker on your chest. It's just the way it's gotta be and some fanbases have already caught on. Whether or not they've got convincing arguments is another story, but at least they've been effectively mobilized, for lack of a better word.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I thought I'd drop by to share my thoughts on the current state of affairs. RandomCities was right: Star Fox Zero Edition. Here we are with a brand new game, from the franchise creator himself, going back to square one all over again. No eye-popping innovation and no ambition. "This time it's different!" A reimaging of SF 64, because the 3DS remaster wasn't enough to satiate the nostalgic minority that's been screaming for this worn narrative. One of the major additions is a salvaged idea from a game that's existed for literally decades. The controller gimmick is reported to be a hassle to work with, but "the fact it's challenging makes it so rewarding lol!" Lack of multiplayer is a non-issue in my eyes. Nintendo clearly went all in on the single player experience and so I believe that's the part of the game critics will dock the majority of their points for.

I plan to pick this game up before issuing a final verdict, however, I'm still disappointed there's no Krystal to be seen at this stage in any way, shape or form. I realize it's to be expected from what's basically a reboot, but if you can fudge the continuity on a whim, what's to say you couldn't rewrite and reinsert the character you erased? Some of you have said she could be DLC. I think that would be the best case scenario in the event of an outright omission. Her chances would have been greatly helped with an appearance, even if it were minor. Now, all we have to lean on is a dodgy smash ballot that Nintendo has made no promises to honor. "If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter!" Consider is the key word. Maybe I'm incorrect in saying this, but I don't believe crashing the polls in droves without a selling point is the ticket. Uniting behind one solid argument in an organized social media movement would probably do well to supplement the votes. The nature of this contest lends itself to grassroots efforts that continue after you've pinned your "I voted" sticker on your chest. It's just the way it's gotta be and some fanbases have already caught on. Whether or not they've got convincing arguments is another story, but at least they've been effectively mobilized, for lack of a better word.
I heard the motion controls are just like Splatoon. Anything like Splatoon is good.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

It's just strange to say that those were possible connections we made a long time ago...

*sigh*

At the time, I didn't want to believe in the trends that I saw. It was all said in possibility. Even so, there's no preparation that can mitigate how it feels, knowing especially that it all simply amounts to more waiting. You can prepare for the good and bad, but it can still make you feel certain emotions. What we're all feeling and expressing, including @ IanTheGamer IanTheGamer , are just the natural tendencies and reactions of that very phenomenon.

There's no clear cut answer to go about all of this in terms of promoting Krystal for Smash. Granted, there are options that can more easily yield good (such as Smashified or organized, but-not-too-far-outspoken, social media movements). However, the fact remains that it is a difficult situation to deal with for a plethora of reasons (many of which that we have already just discussed).

Those many months ago when I talked about Miyamoto and his relations with the developmental teams behind Star Fox as a franchise (including the trends of the franchise itself [at least from what I could gather]), I probably came across harshly. That wasn't my exact intention---only to share my perspective.

I suppose the best thing to do right now is to let this "storm" blow over for a short while to collect our thoughts, etc.

I wouldn't go around with the intention to provoke the emotions of Star Fox and general Nintendo fans regarding this matter. That'd be sort of quasi-political suicide. At least around the community that you "poke".

The grand irony is that we remain in the dark about many things. Lots of things remain unknown. Perhaps that's why it's frustrating for some of us? We just want to know more.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
It's just strange to say that those were possible connections we made a long time ago...

*sigh*

At the time, I didn't want to believe in the trends that I saw. It was all said in possibility. Even so, there's no preparation that can mitigate how it feels, knowing especially that it all simply amounts to more waiting. You can prepare for the good and bad, but it can still make you feel certain emotions. What we're all feeling and expressing, including @ IanTheGamer IanTheGamer , are just the natural tendencies and reactions of that very phenomenon.

There's no clear cut answer to go about all of this in terms of promoting Krystal for Smash. Granted, there are options that can more easily yield good (such as Smashified or organized, but-not-too-far-outspoken, social media movements). However, the fact remains that it is a difficult situation to deal with for a plethora of reasons (many of which that we have already just discussed).

Those many months ago when I talked about Miyamoto and his relations with the developmental teams behind Star Fox as a franchise (including the trends of the franchise itself [at least from what I could gather]), I probably came across harshly. That wasn't my exact intention---only to share my perspective.

I suppose the best thing to do right now is to let this "storm" blow over for a short while to collect our thoughts, etc.

I wouldn't go around with the intention to provoke the emotions of Star Fox and general Nintendo fans regarding this matter. That'd be sort of quasi-political suicide. At least around the community that you "poke".

The grand irony is that we remain in the dark about many things. Lots of things remain unknown. Perhaps that's why it's frustrating for some of us? We just want to know more.
That's all that bothers me. We want to know more! We don't want to wait for how many more months for more information, doesn't even have to be Krystal related, just information about the game its self.

Burigu

Smash Ace
The princess thing isn't canon. It's fanfiction stuff as far as I know and isn't even hinted at. I'm not a fan of the idea as it's totally an overused notion on female characters.

I agree that some character reimagining would be welcome for Krystal, but not too much. There's a core character that still appeals to me.
Oh thank for the clarification honestly I felt that making her a princess is going over the top, like if being blue and psychic wasn't good enough.

--

I am really curious on some of your statements, from starters, where does this notion on vocal minorities comes from??
Honestly every single person in this website is part of a minority. This notion that the evil vocal minority is heard while the vast mayority is simple ignored don't seem that plausible, if hearing the minority will translate into less money for Nintendo then why listen to them??

The answer is quite simple both groups are a minority. This game is made to appeal to new people, what's the best way to attract new people?? put a game with good gameplay (not my opinion but Nintendo clearly thinks this) with a simplified story so those persons don't have to deal with the fact of not knowing what happened before.

If 64 got better sells than Comand, Assault and Adventures, then they are going to go to that, because it's where more money is. Or they think it is, honestly you can't blame Nintendo for doing what they think will bring them more money.

You can think it is wrong and a bad move on fans, but companies are there for the money.

I have always said that people in the boards are in a bubble, we heard so many opinions on our favorite characters, we made theories about them, think about movesets, since we all agree on the good thinks, we delude ourselves into believing we are a mayority. But how many people that play Smash are really active at this site? how many people will really do something to support a character?? there are plenty of people that just enjoy the game, people that don't care about ballots or votes or potencial movesets, they just want to play the game.

On your other point yeah all those characters you mention have potencial, yet I wouldn't beat on the "potencial" factor since with all that potencial Ganondorf is still a semiclone.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
That's all that bothers me. We want to know more! We don't want to wait for how many more months for more information, doesn't even have to be Krystal related, just information about the game its self.
As i've said, it isnt just Krystal, Panther, Amanda, Lucy, Dash, Beltino, Tricky and crew, and even the villains are at risk, and disregarding them especially since you have Command being released on the WiiU would cause many to question them regardless of how bad they are as characters in the game. It'd be like if they rebooted Metroid and removed Ridley or Kraid, yet still have the games they were in right there for people to know, or release one of em shortly after showing the reboot.

Though while it may be viewed as denial, I still wont believe Zero's a reboot unless there's an absolute confirmation. People saying reimagining or retelling's a fancy way of it or claiming Miyamoto's lying and that it is, is not enough. I'm pretty sure when 64 first came out they said it was a reboot to the snes game, but I may be wrong.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I mean I tend to ignore what some creator's tell is the story of a certain thing (Marvel with Marvel NOW, DC with New 52 [Superman and Lois Lane are always a couple. Don't give me no Superman and Wonder Woman ****]).

How I imagine the timeline.
Star Fox
Star Fox 64
Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Fox Command (Only like one specific ending though)

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I am really curious on some of your statements, from starters, where does this notion on vocal minorities comes from??
Honestly every single person in this website is part of a minority. This notion that the evil vocal minority is heard while the vast mayority is simple ignored don't seem that plausible, if hearing the minority will translate into less money for Nintendo then why listen to them??

The answer is quite simple both groups are a minority. This game is made to appeal to new people, what's the best way to attract new people?? put a game with good gameplay (not my opinion but Nintendo clearly thinks this) with a simplified story so those persons don't have to deal with the fact of not knowing what happened before.

If 64 got better sells than Comand, Assault and Adventures, then they are going to go to that, because it's where more money is. Or they think it is, honestly you can't blame Nintendo for doing what they think will bring them more money.
That wasn't what I meant by that, actually. I was talking about the people loudly going on about how the direction Star Fox Zero is going in somehow means Krystal has no chance to get into Smash any more.

You know. Claiming it doesn't matter for K. Rool or Isaac that they haven't been relevant in a long time, but that it's an instant deal-breaker for a different character.

On your other point yeah all those characters you mention have potencial, yet I wouldn't beat on the "potencial" factor since with all that potencial Ganondorf is still a semiclone.
Look at the newcomers we got this time around, though. Every last one of them (except the bonus clones, but they're a different situation) feels inspired. Their movesets, their playstyle, even their animations feel fresh, new, original. Hell, Robin was chosen over Chrom specifically because Robin had more potential. Moreso for this game than ever, that's a very big deal to the developers, and it's Krystal's strongest point.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
That wasn't what I meant by that, actually. I was talking about the people loudly going on about how the direction Star Fox Zero is going in somehow means Krystal has no chance to get into Smash any more.
You know. Claiming it doesn't matter for K. Rool or Isaac that they haven't been relevant in a long time, but that it's an instant deal-breaker for a different character.
If you meant that then I agree on your statements, I was under the impresion that you think Nintendo actually hear to minorities bashing on her or that they only hear what SF64 purist have to say.

I think Rool is up there with Ridley in God Tier want, for anyone else claiming a character has more chance than another despite not being in the spotlight in a long time just because they support that character is out right wrong. There are other things to consider but I agree with you Isaac's or other characters in similar scenarios are as likely as Krystal

Look at the newcomers we got this time around, though. Every last one of them (except the bonus clones, but they're a different situation) feels inspired. Their movesets, their playstyle, even their animations feel fresh, new, original. Hell, Robin was chosen over Chrom specifically because Robin had more potential. Moreso for this game than ever, that's a very big deal to the developers, and it's Krystal's strongest point.
I have to completely agree with you, every single new character feel really different than anything seen before, I still can't be confident enough since baring Ryu every DLC character is a returning character.

Ryu is with no doubt a good start to see what Sakurai is willing to deliver as DLC. I don't doubt new characters, but right now I am under the impresion Nintendo is just going to bring back every single missing character I can almost beat that Wolf will be announced near Star Fox release or along with the game, I am not sure about Krystal yet for me that coin is still in the air.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
They did say there was more to this game, so maybe it'll be the case for her and the others that show up after 64 since Platinum is known for doing that sort of thing. People do know about them as well, and it'd be stupid to ignore em, and unless i'm not looking at the right places, not very many that liked or hated the characters said anything about the post 64 characters upon the games announcement, leaving it all down to a neutral situation. What I am hearing is both the majority of those that played the demo along with the journalists that played it have said they find the controls very awkward and were not too impressed with Zero being the same scenario everyone's experienced before, which comes off as a bit ironic, but I think since they wanted gameplay as good as 64 and Star Fox 2 while still being a sequel then I dont blame em entirely.
Agreed. And besides, there is more yet to see on Zero and I'm excited for that. Better than not having a new Starfox game at all. However, when you mentioned there about the gameplay controls for Zero, this is kind of the same reaction with Splatoon when it was shown last year at E3 and people were criticizing a bit there about it. The next thing we know when the game came out, it not only came out polished, but it did really well and I expect the same for Starfox Zero when the game gets near its release since this is going to be a holiday title. I mean come on, with Platinum and Nintendo working together, I don't think we need to worry about it and I have a feeling that we'll be able to see more control options for the game. In fact, I remember that in the issue of Gameinformer from February this year, they did say that besides playing with the motion controls on the Gamepad like how they showed it this week at E3, it also said that you can play the game the old fashioned way and that's great news. As long as you have more than one control option, you can never go wrong with that.

As for Krystal, I'm sure Miyamoto will think of something for her. She didn't come this far for nothing and you know what? I don't mind her being reimagined in the game. She can be included in a future episode there of the game since it is going to be episodic like Assault did and she can show up later on while the game is a reimagining. Importantly, it's also getting her into Smash 4 at long last as we all want ever since Brawl. I also have been thinking that now that Roy, Ryu and Lucas have been revealed and came out on June 14, I'm sure that we'll get more DLC characters on the way between now till October before the Ballot ends. Because now and till October, that's like 4 months there and we can expect more DLC content on the way. I'll bet that if people were able to hack into the patch that came out on the same day when Mewtwo was released and they found some files there for Ryu and Roy, it'd be no surprise that they are doing it again with this latest one. Because this latest patch did bring some changes besides just DLC characters added. My bet is that for the DLC content that we'll get, it'll be one more veteran fighter and Wolf is the only remaining logical choice left to join the roster to even out the veterans since we now have 2 Melee veterans(Roy and Mewtwo) and with Wolf(his chances are stronger than ever) making it in(along with Lucas), that evens it out. We can get lucky at the same time to get another newcomer that was already planned from the beginning before the Ballot even existed like how they did with Ryu. And of course, if Krystal is one of them, then that's awesome. After all, it's pretty obvious that Nintendo is really making a big deal with Starfox this year and what better way than to have Wolf come back and Krystal finally join the roster as a newcomer. If not, then she can be saved after the Ballot ends in October and can be revealed there along with K. Rool(considering that these two are the most highly requested). Let's stay strong for our favorite blue vixen no matter what happens. Being optimistic is always a good thing.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Oh thank for the clarification honestly I felt that making her a princess is going over the top, like if being blue and psychic wasn't good enough.

You can think it is wrong and a bad move on fans, but companies are there for the money.

I have always said that people in the boards are in a bubble, we heard so many opinions on our favorite characters, we made theories about them, think about movesets, since we all agree on the good thinks, we delude ourselves into believing we are a mayority. But how many people that play Smash are really active at this site? how many people will really do something to support a character?? there are plenty of people that just enjoy the game, people that don't care about ballots or votes or potencial movesets, they just want to play the game.

What is it about being "blue" that's bad really? I can understand the psychic thing, but blue being bad seems like a silly Sonic joke or something, heh.

As i've said, it isnt just Krystal, Panther, Amanda, Lucy, Dash, Beltino, Tricky and crew, and even the villains are at risk, and disregarding them especially since you have Command being released on the WiiU would cause many to question them regardless of how bad they are as characters in the game. It'd be like if they rebooted Metroid and removed Ridley or Kraid, yet still have the games they were in right there for people to know, or release one of em shortly after showing the reboot.

Though while it may be viewed as denial, I still wont believe Zero's a reboot unless there's an absolute confirmation. People saying reimagining or retelling's a fancy way of it or claiming Miyamoto's lying and that it is, is not enough. I'm pretty sure when 64 first came out they said it was a reboot to the snes game, but I may be wrong.
I'm guessing that the relationship between Zero and 64 will be analogous to the one between 64 and the original. Different enough to not exactly be called a remake, but obviously similar and borrowing many of the same themes and ideas. I'm hoping I'm wrong about this and it's more different than it seems so far, but my bet is this is how it'll be.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I have to completely agree with you, every single new character feel really different than anything seen before, I still can't be confident enough since baring Ryu every DLC character is a returning character.

Ryu is with no doubt a good start to see what Sakurai is willing to deliver as DLC. I don't doubt new characters, but right now I am under the impresion Nintendo is just going to bring back every single missing character I can almost beat that Wolf will be announced near Star Fox release or along with the game, I am not sure about Krystal yet for me that coin is still in the air.
For one, I think it's more that the veterans we've seen so far have been among the super-requested ones. I even think Mewtwo and Lucas may have been the first two characters to miss the initial roster, which was why they were so quick to become DLC. I can't speak for Ryu, and I wonder what went on to make him happen since it'd give us a clearer picture of what strings they're willing to pull for third party characters. It seems that they're filling in gaps and going with their personal ideas for now, and saving the major surprises for the Smash Ballot. After all, if they were only going to bring former characters back, why phrase their description of the Smash Ballot as "vote for what characters you'd like to see in Smash" and not "vote for what characters you'd like to see return to Smash"?

Perhaps there's also some things yet to be revealed. You remember how the dataminers that found Roy's and Ryu's victory themes also saw five more placeholder spots for characters, right? While that clearly isn't a limit on how many DLC characters we'll get (They can just add more placeholders in a future patch, after all!), it does have me wondering what their short term plans are. While we've seen three more characters now, there're still two open spots unaccounted for. Could it mean we'll see two more characters before the Smash Ballot closes?

Not that it impacts Krystal much, unless Wolf is one of them and we can start getting this "only one DLC rep per series" nonsense off our backs.

Last edited:

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I played StarFox Zero three times at E3, and I feel like I should tell everyone here that has negative or mixed opinions on it, that is is very fun and enjoyable. The gyro controls work great. Whenever I played StarFox 64, it was a bit annoying to have to start flying towards something in order to shoot in that direction, without charging your shot. This way, I can fly in one direction, and shoot in another with great ease thanks to the GamePad. If you do not like the motion controls that reminded me a bit of Splatoon, especially in its usefulness, then you really do not have to use it. Just hold the GamePad steady, and the cursor in front of you will remain just as you'd expect it to in StarFox 64 or StarFox Assault. If it ever gets too much out of place, recalibrating is incredibly easy, just press on the left stick. Even during one scene wear the camera automatically locked onto a tower that I could not undo (lock on function similar to that of The Legend of Zelda games), you actually do not truly need to use the gyro controls. They simply make it much easier, more convenient and in my opinion. much more fun.

The only thing I think most of you would find annoying even if you're alright with the gyro controls, is the right stick. I do not mind boosting and breaking with the right stick at all, and even doing sharp turns by holding left or right on the right stick is just fine for me. However, having to do double taps left or right on the right stick for barrel rolls is going to take the most getting used to. If I could just use the L or R buttons for barrel rolls, and just for barrel rolls, that would help me a lot. And also, some of you might need some getting used to the A button transforming you to the Walker (which is loads of fun ^-^) and the ZR button firing the weapon.

Mechanically, the game works so well and it does look very nice. So please do give it a try at least. Hopefully they release a demo you can download online or something in the future. Besides, Krystal can still be in Smash Bros. :)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
This is literally the exact same game, I honestly don't know whether I want to buy it anymore, hopefully Platinum could work their magic but I'm really not sure, this game is just so disappointing in pretty much every aspect
I mean I tend to ignore what some creator's tell is the story of a certain thing (Marvel with Marvel NOW, DC with New 52 [Superman and Lois Lane are always a couple. Don't give me no Superman and Wonder Woman ****]).

How I imagine the timeline.
Star Fox
Star Fox 64
Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Fox Command (Only like one specific ending though)
Wasn't 64 a retcon of the original?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
This is literally the exact same game, I honestly don't know whether I want to buy it anymore, hopefully Platinum could work their magic but I'm really not sure, this game is just so disappointing in pretty much every aspect

That only shows the first half of the level, after that things get drastically different and fun(its an upgraded cooler version of the carrier from star fox two)

Also of course the first one is always the same, Corneria as a starting level is tradition.

Also, I think everyone is over-reacting a bit. We've been shown 4 levels, and generally only parts of them, not even the complete ones in general. So far all we know is that the classic 4, General Pepper, Katt, Classic Star Wolf, and most likely Bill is back. Beyond that, anyone else is going to show up later in the game or in the Climax. With all they've taken from Star Fox 2, I wouldn't be surprised if they repurposed Miyu and Fay as well, not to mention the other 2 introduced main recurring characters that have a decent fanbase(Panther and Krystal), albeit repurposed into roles where they can be used well. Also a big part of this game is increasing replay via multiple vehicle options, why wouldn't they make unique character ships as hidden bonuses as well to add another level to gameplay(Wolfen is the obvious ones, but what if Miyu and Fay showed up in Arwing Interceptors and/or Defenders, or as Katt in her ship. Heck plenty of possibilities).

So far the main thing we've seen is the classic Conerian intro, a level that starts as a Homage to sector Z, but then turns into a drasticly different homage to the Star Fox 2 carrier, otherwise everything we've seen is different and new(other than being on familiar planets, which again is a series staple, new and old planets showing up). We haven't seen a ton, and the art is still in development, with this build easily being 2 months old(heck, apparently they showed off a level with Katt in it, and it used her SF643DS model as a placeholder).

Also regarding Krystal in smash, at this point it was generally going to be dependent on the ballot and fan support, and her having heavy support in Japan helps as well, but we just need to wait and see

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I played StarFox Zero three times at E3, and I feel like I should tell everyone here that has negative or mixed opinions on it, that is is very fun and enjoyable. The gyro controls work great. Whenever I played StarFox 64, it was a bit annoying to have to start flying towards something in order to shoot in that direction, without charging your shot. This way, I can fly in one direction, and shoot in another with great ease thanks to the GamePad. If you do not like the motion controls that reminded me a bit of Splatoon, especially in its usefulness, then you really do not have to use it. Just hold the GamePad steady, and the cursor in front of you will remain just as you'd expect it to in StarFox 64 or StarFox Assault. If it ever gets too much out of place, recalibrating is incredibly easy, just press on the left stick. Even during one scene wear the camera automatically locked onto a tower that I could not undo (lock on function similar to that of The Legend of Zelda games), you actually do not truly need to use the gyro controls. They simply make it much easier, more convenient and in my opinion. much more fun.

The only thing I think most of you would find annoying even if you're alright with the gyro controls, is the right stick. I do not mind boosting and breaking with the right stick at all, and even doing sharp turns by holding left or right on the right stick is just fine for me. However, having to do double taps left or right on the right stick for barrel rolls is going to take the most getting used to. If I could just use the L or R buttons for barrel rolls, and just for barrel rolls, that would help me a lot. And also, some of you might need some getting used to the A button transforming you to the Walker (which is loads of fun ^-^) and the ZR button firing the weapon.

Mechanically, the game works so well and it does look very nice. So please do give it a try at least. Hopefully they release a demo you can download online or something in the future. Besides, Krystal can still be in Smash Bros. :)
Glad to hear it. Gimmicky controls often feel unnecessary and its a concern of mine any time they're implemented. Still not sure if it'll exactly appeal to me, but I knew that if Miyamoto was to really focus on getting one thing right, it would be this. I figure I could get used to them, but there's other aspects of the game that have me more worried frankly. I've even heard that they may make a more traditional control option which I'd probably prefer and would remove the issue of whether I'd like the gimmick controls much.

Not as bad as I thought it would be based on your description. Obviously the same place with much of the same stuff, but you take a different enough route to not feel like an exact copy. Still, a different route isn't exactly telling us this isn't just a 64 reimagining plain and simple. I'd like for it the have different story elements as well, but I've heard that dialogue implies the exact same stuff. My hope is that's just demoware still showing.

Beyond the story and level design, I hope there's more variety, depth, and additional stuff than 64 ever had. That could make it easier to swallow if it really does choose to take that story path.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Nintendo has really lost their way, the whole reason why I am considering getting a PS4 is because at least Sony is in touch with their audience. Nintendo isn't and obivously doesn't even try to make an effort. It's these kind of things that make me feel like what we the gamers and Nintendo fans are insignificant to Iwata,(who's blantant incompetence makes even the US Congress seem competent).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Nintendo has really lost their way, the whole reason why I am considering getting a PS4 is because at least Sony is in touch with their audience. Nintendo isn't and obivously doesn't even try to make an effort. It's these kind of things that make me feel like what we the gamers and Nintendo fans are insignificant to Iwata,(who's blantant incompetence makes even the US Congress seem competent).
Smash Ballot, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Xenoblade Chronicles rerelease on 3DS, Mother 1 coming to America.
Yeah Nintendo is out of touch. Dude you overreact way to much,

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Smash Ballot, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Xenoblade Chronicles rerelease on 3DS, Mother 1 coming to America.
Yeah Nintendo is out of touch. Dude you overreact way to much,
Well true, what about their stance on online, their refusal to make a new F-Zero which has been heavily demanded for years, Mother 3, their disasterous E3 2015. and Metroid: Federation Force

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well true, what about their stance on online, their refusal to make a new F-Zero which has been heavily demanded for years, Mother 3, their disasterous E3 2015. and Metroid: Federation Force
ITS ****ING FREE!

Miyamoto wants to make one, just says he doesn't have the right controller yet (I agree this is kinda stupid)

Its probably gonna come out, they released Mother 1. Probably translating it or something, although Tomato (guy who translated the fan translation) said it was fine to use his.

It wasn't as bad as the one in 2008 with Wii Music (great idea Nintendo, real great idea there).

Its a spinoff and it doesn't really look that bad, reminds me of Hunters.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
So...So...Apparently Star Fox: Zero...is a two hour long game...Because Miyamoto just said, "We want it to be that you can complete the course of the game in the same amount of time you would spend watching a movie, so it's a cinematic experience."
Great. So, so, so ,so great...

Top Bottom