• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare Yourself! $5VenueFee (Brampton, ON) Sunday March 15th [Desh vs SUP3RCANS1R!]

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Everything is going to work I think.

The woman said to get my dad to call tomorrow since I'm not 18.

The thing is, I'm going to be at my girlfriends house and he'll be home alone...so I'm going to have to figure this out.

idea

Smash Master
leave him a note with all the information...and your cell # if possible. although that'd be a really annoying reason to be interrupted when you're with your girlfriend =P

SmashCentralOfficial

Well, he'll be calling around 2pm-ish.

And my girlfriend and I plan to get business done after exams (if you know what I mean), so we shouldn't be busy then.

And yeh, I plan to leave him a note.

Edit: Good news! There's a rec centre where you CAN have gaming tournaments and it's under the same company so to say, so my brother in law is going to call back to the place that I first had in mind and say if we can have a tourny at the other place, why not there?
If we can have it at that place, plus his major discount and 2 massive rooms, good to go.

I'm going to have to wait a few days to find out everything, compare prices, etc. I'm running out of time though considering March 1st is about a month away, so I hope I can get a venue and fast. Or else this will suck huge.

Edit2: My Dad and I have been playing Telephone tag with the Rental Department for 2 days now. =@

SmashCentralOfficial

hey steven
my little brother vs rental department in a telephone tag mm?
LOOLLLL. my brother's telephone mindgames are way too good

is this rec centre close to us?
Lmfao, your brother is amazing on the phone =P.

So they called today and AGAIN my dad was out. He's going out for an HOUR tomorrow, and if they call then I swear to Jesus.

And the place is at Professor's Lake.

SmashCentralOfficial

My dad finally talked to them.

It's not happening.

OMG GOOD NEWS. I MiGHT BE ABLE TO HAVE IT AT THE LAKE BUT I'D HAVE TO MOVE THE DATE BACK 2 WEEKS. I DOUBT IT WOULD BE A PROBLEM THOUGH. SUNDAY MARCH 15TH. WE SHALL SEE.

THERE WOULD BE A $5 VENUE FEE THOUGH, NOT MUCH SINCE ENTRY FEE IS $5 LESS THAN IT USUALLY IS.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
if its during the break then sunday is good.
but if its not theen i'm not sure if i can make it.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Ugh, looks like trying to get a venue has had negative effects on the tournament. We should of just been content with limited capacity at your house. :(

SmashCentralOfficial

Yeh, but I didn't know so many people would sign up, so before I even capped it we were over capped.

If there was anyway I could cut 20 or so people and have the tourny at my house, I would. But that's not fair to others who want to attend.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yeh, but I didn't know so many people would sign up, so before I even capped it we were over capped.

If there was anyway I could cut 20 or so people and have the tourny at my house, I would. But that's not fair to others who want to attend.
Just choose the first 20 people in this thread that said they could go I guess. It's ghey, but there isn't really any alternative other than cancelling the tournament, which is way gayer.

SmashCentralOfficial

It's the day before March Break starts if I get the venue.

If I don't, it's March 1st.

If I have to may cuts, I might just make this Brawl only...or like Anthony said, only allow the first 20-30 people to come.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
I agree that making it Brawl only will be our best bet if we don't get then venue. Blows we have to cut Melee, but it's better than losing the entire tournament all together.

Top Bottom