• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare Yourself! $5VenueFee (Brampton, ON) Sunday March 15th [Desh vs SUP3RCANS1R!]

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Hmm, thats funny. I could've sworn I put it.

Btw I need more TV's or this will suck balls.

Edit: Good news. Great chance for a cheap and good venue...

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
dam this is tourney was on saturday i would get a chance to **** desh again.
like last time in bernies, he was falling asleep and like i ***** him =D then he woke up LOL.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
yeah whiteboy, put in his name or he'll go asian on your *** and run his car through your front door by accident.

Also, put in my name as confirmed, I said I'd was coming on page -10. Tell your girlfriend I'm coming. She might have a flare in her eyes when she hears my name, but ignore that LOLL I swear it's nothing.

<333 Mike, wanna team for this if I come?

SmashCentralOfficial

good stuff =D
are you gonna run the events on your own steve?
like setting up pools, brackets, etc
or am i gonna have to halp?
I'm going to need some help.

umm supercans1r, can you put me on the confirmed list. I asked for confirmation on page 9.
yeah whiteboy, put in his name or he'll go asian on your *** and run his car through your front door by accident.

Also, put in my name as confirmed, I said I'd was coming on page -10. Tell your girlfriend I'm coming. She might have a flare in her eyes when she hears my name, but ignore that LOLL I swear it's nothing.

<333 Mike, wanna team for this if I come?
Put me on as well please. Thanks.
I swear I already confirmed all you guys!

If I get a venue, this is what's going to happen.
I will be paying $100-$300. Then there will be a $5 venue fee (Entrance is $10 so is basically the same as every tourny), and as soon as I reach the price to cover the venue, the rest of that venue fee goes straight into the pot.

If we do get this venue, eating places will not be within walking distance...well they are if you're a trooper. Anyways, I'll probably order pizza's and sell slices and pop at the little snack bar that's in the room.

idea

Smash Master
anyone wanna team with me for melee? jigglypuff, proficient in rest, often plays with really good people...

i think two people asked to team with mike already. the rejected one could team with me =P

SmashCentralOfficial

anyone wanna team with me for melee? jigglypuff, proficient in rest, often plays with really good people...

i think two people asked to team with mike already. the rejected one could team with me =P
Perhaps me? I play and awesome Ganon now.

Bad news. The venue does NOT allow video game tournaments.
They won't say why, they just don't.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord

Ha ha, it sound like yer applying for a job. Is that on yer work resume too?

idea

Smash Master
Perhaps me? I play and awesome Ganon now.

Bad news. The venue does NOT allow video game tournaments.
They won't say why, they just don't.
yeah, sure. i'm so-so in brawl too. well, i can spam moves with marth. should be okay for teams =P

and...hopefully your house isn't too crowded then? oh well, hopefully it won't be worse than at kansas city. around 15 people in one small room at all times...there were other rooms but that one had the most tvs.

Ha ha, it sound like yer applying for a job. Is that on yer work resume too?
i noticed that too, and it bothered me =( heh, but for my next job i'm gonna look into opportunities as a video game tester, so for that i actually could put smasher info on it.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Hmm, thats funny. I could've sworn I put it.

Btw I need more TV's or this will suck balls.

Edit: Good news. Great chance for a cheap and good venue...
I'll bring three full setups like I usually do for big tournaments.

owait :p

SmashCentralOfficial

I'll bring three full setups like I usually do for big tournaments.

owait :p
Lmfao, well...if you can bribe me... =P

Ohai scrubs. Kso I'm calling schools. They said I had to fill out a form and fax it to them. They emailed the forms to me. I need to specify how much space I need, equipment, etc.

For space...I'm thinking a single Gym. I don't think we'll need a double. We're only going to need 20-25 tables max I guess, so we don't need that much space do we? But it really depends on the school, because I have no idea how big their gyms are.

On the form you have to specify your desired school, and then a backup just incase. I'm thinking Notre Dame...and then H.B.

Andy, Jay, how big is HB's gym? Double gym?

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
HB lets you rent out the gym?
Uhh the gym is like any other ordinary gym I guess.
Half of the gym could probably fit like 30 people with like 10+ setups...
If you want like 50+ people I'd suggest getting the whole gym.
How much does it cost?

Actually I'm really not that sure. Jay has gym this semester so he should be a lot more familiar with it.. Half the gym actually might be enough <_< I dunno really though cuz I'm not sure how it would be with like 20 setups and 50 people constantly moving around. I guess it SHOULD be enough but don't take my word for it.

idea

Smash Master
gyms are box-shaped and open, much easier to squish people into (if necessary) than a house. i think half a gym would be fine. see if you can figure out the price difference though, and ask people if they would rather have less space and a cheaper venue fee, or not.

but i also think that if you can divide the gym into halves, then it must be pretty big. it would make no sense to do that with a small gym. how would you stop people from going to the other side? there'd just be an imaginary line =P but somehow in a big gym that division is much more clear. my old high school had a physical barrier that came down from the ceiling to split the gym in half.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
We say "when" because we are confident in your abilities to find a venue : P

Also, if you're unsure about something just call them. Rather be safe than sorry.

Top Bottom