• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare Yourself! $5VenueFee (Brampton, ON) Sunday March 15th [Desh vs SUP3RCANS1R!]

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
is there a way to put set ups out side on the patio or somthing
it's a little bit winter outside.
Lmfao, I was about to say. It's going to be March, and most likely cold.

But if it's not, we could have setups outside as long as people bring powerbars and extension cords.

i might be able to come
playing melee but brawl i might do, i can bring a tv, wii and game if needed
Bring your Wii and Brawl please. Cube and Melee is good too.

And TV's.

A-Tron

Smash Cadet
confirm me and 2 friends for brawl and melee!! we may be able to bring a set-up ill get back to you on that.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Sup3rCans1r, can you please add alex_3 and Raidos to the list? Both are apart of the Niagara crew. Thx

<3 u

SmashCentralOfficial

just quoting this in case you missed it
will be down for brawl and maybe melee
Sup3rCans1r, can you please add alex_3 and Raidos to the list? Both are apart of the Niagara crew. Thx

<3 u
Jeez, give a guy some time. =P

Registration is closed! With that being said, if you are still a maybe, you need to confirm your attendance before February or your spot will be given away. I will put up a WAITING LIST for anyone that wants to attend. If you do not confirm by February, your spot will be given to the first person on the waiting list. The people with *'s outside their brackets on the front page are UNCONFIRMED and may lose their spot. These people are:

Dayzin
D.B
G1G4 G0N0RRH34
Lawlb0t
Osman
Percon
Stos

If you are not one of the above, you have said you will attend without any maybe's or but's. If you are one of those people and there is a possibility that you might not come/be able to come, you need to let me know ASAP. Spots are limited and there is many people who would like those spots if you cannot attend.

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
******* <_<

anyways, there's a lot of interest for this.. maybe you should think about getting a real venue?
seriously i don't think your house can't hold much more than 20 people.
if 60 come there will be no space AT ALL

also, if you're seriously wondering stos, i'm getting surgery to get my spine straightened
putting metal rods and screws around and stuff
the downside is that i might miss this tournament cuz of it =[
good side is that when you see me, i'll be like +4 inches taller ^^
it's gonna be so ****ing weird LOL

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
also, if you're seriously wondering stos, i'm getting surgery to get my spine straightened
putting metal rods and screws around and stuff
the downside is that i might miss this tournament cuz of it =[
good side is that when you see me, i'll be like +4 inches taller ^^
it's gonna be so ****ing weird LOL
daam i see.
believe it or not i searched the spine thingy thing i forget the word and yeah after realizing that its about straightening your spine i started to sit up straight.. like even in school, today LOL.
anyways goodluck with that. I might visit you in the hospital bby =D
you know, some after sex in ma ayyus tourney **** with a bunch female sergeons =D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
sure you can, and you dont have to enter melee if you dont want lol.
bring brampton girls to the hospital for the buttsecks, theyre mainly for Andy.
unless he calls dibs on the female sergeons.

Edit: wheres the entry fee?

SmashCentralOfficial

I'm peeing my pants wondering what your edit must be.

And lol, you said that as if you think I don't play/like Melee =P.

SmashCentralOfficial

Lmfao, I got that OP covered.

There isn't any holes in it.

Also, the Soccer Centre's telephone lines close at 4, so I'll have to call on the weekend because I won't be home tomorrow.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Also, the Soccer Centre's telephone lines close at 4, so I'll have to call on the weekend because I won't be home tomorrow.
Soccer centre? As in the soccer centre beside Vaughan Grove and the old folks home? Cuz if so that place is massive lol. My cousin plays there all the time.

But it's nice. Unless you're talking about something else...

SmashCentralOfficial

It was just put up last year. It's massive, but I have no clue if they have rooms that you can rent out.

The lake nearby has rooms that you can rent out, same with the Recreation Center across the street from me.

The only problem is: last time I wanted to rent out the lake, I was told that having everyone pay an entry fee to play is considered gambling, and they will not allow that. I'll see what I can do though.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
If your talking about the Soccer Center I'm thinking about I have no clue if they have rooms to rent.

I know they have 4 fields and one area with a tv. :laugh:

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
just say the smash community is all putting their money together to rent out a venue for a smash fest :\

SmashCentralOfficial

If your talking about the Soccer Center I'm thinking about I have no clue if they have rooms to rent.

I know they have 4 fields and one area with a tv. :laugh:
We're talking about the same one. =P

just say the smash community is all putting their money together to rent out a venue for a smash fest :\
Omfg amazing idea =\. I'll tell them that the Entrance Fee's don't go towards a cash prize, they go towards the venue fee.

FKN GENIUS.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
O_o can you not put down the full venue fee yourself? Just dont even mention to them the 5$ venue fee.

SmashCentralOfficial

Oh true, I forgot I'd need money for the venue.

I currently have $0, but I will have $40 before my tournament. My house it is!

SmashCentralOfficial

I can probably get a decent venue.
Here's my plan if I CAN get the venue:
Ask my girlfriend for a few bucks so I can pay a bit for the venue, then I'll pay her back after.
Take some money out of the pot to pay for the venue as well (every tournament does this). Either that, or $5 venue fee?

A $5 fee isn't much considering entry is $10 instead of $15 anyways.

My people are trying to work things out as I'm typing this, so I'll let you guys know soon.

SmashCentralOfficial

Literally.

The venue I have in mind can fit 60+ people no problem if I can get both rooms. If I can only get one...40-60 probably.
It's an amazing venue, but kind of expensive. One of my PEOPLES can possibly get a discount. I'm going to call tomorrow, and then he is going to call, and we're going to find out for sure.

There shouldn't be a problem with renting the venue, as long as we keep the "playing for money" quiet. The only problem is the date. The date is NOT flexible, so pray to whatever God you worship that March 1st isn't booked.

Before I call I'm going to go over the idea with my girlfriend. I might have to imply a NO FOOD rule and make you buy food from the SnackBar that I will make someone in charge of in order to pay for the venue as well..

SmashCentralOfficial

Kso a venue is most likely not happening.

The place that did it doesn't do it anymore, so I have to look for somewhere else.

And I doubt my GF would want to put out that much money anyways.

KingAce

Smash Ace
why isnt my name on the confirmed attendees list =/
i thot i confirmed from time

Top Bottom