• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare Yourself! $5VenueFee (Brampton, ON) Sunday March 15th [Desh vs SUP3RCANS1R!]

A-Tron

Smash Cadet
wow that stinks hopefully you can get that venue, i wanna take a shot at both melee and brawl

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Yeah, brawl only is better than a canceled tournament. :)

Anyways, good luck for the third time, Steve.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Omfg.

My sister is pissing me off.

"You said TOMORROW three days ago."
"I know, I keep forgetting. Tomorrow I promise."

If I don't get the venue, the tourny can still run smoothly in my house if I cancel one game and cap people to 30 or 40.

SmashCentralOfficial

OMG I GOT THE VENUE. NOT ONLY DID I GET A DiSCOUNT, I GOT THE DISCOUNT PRICE FOR 8 HOURS WHEN I'M GETTING THE VENUE FOR 12.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING ABOUT FOOD, SO CHECK THE OP FOR THAT TOO AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK I SHOULD DO.

VENUE FEE IS $5 PER PERSON, BUT THIS ISN'T REALLY A BIG DEAL SINCE ENTRY FOR EVENTS IS $10 INSTEAD OF $15, SO IT'S BASICALLY THE SAME. AFTER THE VENUE IS PAID OFF, ALL THE VENUE FEE MONEY WILL BE DIVIDED EQUALLY INTO THE 4 DIFFERENT PRIZE POTS.

NOW THAT I GOT THE VENUE THERE IS NO REGISTRATION CAP! MAKE SURE YOU REMIND ALL YOUR FRIENDS WHO HAD TO CANCEL. ALSO, REMEMBER THE DATE CHANGE. SUNDAY MARCH 15TH.

D

Deleted member

Sunday? Sick! I can go.

I need a melee teams partner and a brawl teams partner.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
He said something about his band playing on Saturday, so Sunday is the only day possible.

Right, Steve?

SmashCentralOfficial

Neat. Glad it all worked out. Do you really want a Sunday though?
That's the only available date =P.

And since it's right before March Break, I figured it would be great. Was I wrong? =[

He said something about his band playing on Saturday, so Sunday is the only day possible.

Right, Steve?
Well, that was for the March 1st date because my band had a show on Feb 28, the day before.

SmashCentralOfficial

We need more TV's, Set Ups, Powerbars, and Extension Cords.

Also, read the thingy in the OP about FOOD. It's under WHEN. Tell me what you think.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
How long of an extension cord? I could buy a couple power bar/extension cords before I head down if you need them.

idea

Smash Master
We need more TV's, Set Ups, Powerbars, and Extension Cords.

Also, read the thingy in the OP about FOOD. It's under WHEN. Tell me what you think.
for now i can bring a short power bar, and maybe a wii + melee/brawl (i'll decide on those closer to the day).

SmashCentralOfficial

How long of an extension cord? I could buy a couple power bar/extension cords before I head down if you need them.
Well, there's no down side to having a really long one is there?

I mean, if you got a short one and it was too short we'd be screwed, but you can't go wrong with a long one.

Also, I'd rather have TVs.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Well I can't lug around a TV on a bus. At least, it's something I wouldn't want to do. Oh well, no need to bring that up.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Put me down as Waylon Jeepers.

Put my brother down as Demon.Strike.

If we can get a ride we will be bringing 2 TVs and a gamecube.

4Serial

Smash Lord
if you want steve you could come over and help me move my tv................

but i could bring like 2 or 3 power bars and an extension cord if you really need it <_<

and a cube + melee + wii + brawl if we need it

D

Deleted member

i wanna team with one of gta's best. if im gonna come back tournament style i wanna make some dents :p

top 4 you know we would **** people up.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Sweet you got the venue; gj!

edit: nvm you already got Guru (Uber Mage)

I dunno if I'll be playing Melee but I'll play Brawl for sure...Zen will probably play both I'm guessing.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Food:
Since I now have a venue, the whole food dealio needs to be worked out now. There's a snack bar, but I'd have to supply for it and run it myself. I'm debating between doing this, or just having people get food themselves. There aren't any places nearby that I know of, but you could always order a Pizza. We'll see what I decide to do. Tell me what you would like.
By getting food themselves you mean you and/or others supply food and just leave it on a table? I think it should be organized and you run it yourself or appoint someone. And it's also good to have an area for people who want to bring their own food.

I wouldn't trust people getting food themselves. Food should be very organized.

EDIT: Yeah I mean I wouldn't trust an open snack bar or something.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
By getting food themselves you mean you and/or others supply food and just leave it on a table? I think it should be organized and you run it yourself or appoint someone. And it's also good to have an area for people who want to bring their own food.

I wouldn't trust people getting food themselves. Food should be very organized.
I assumed food themselves means we go out and get food when we want it ourselves, versus opening up a snack bar or anything, which is what I think you should do unless you can get people to run it for you.

Though I wouldn't mind free food spread out on a table for the taking :)

SmashCentralOfficial

I assumed food themselves means we go out and get food when we want it ourselves, versus opening up a snack bar or anything, which is what I think you should do unless you can get people to run it for you.

Though I wouldn't mind free food spread out on a table for the taking :)
Lmfao, I meant people go out and get food themselves Kheldar =P. I'm not going to have free food for everyone =P.

It's either:
People be good Samaritans and carpool, or they will buy food for people that give them money. That idea doesn't sound all that convenient, but trust me, it is. I'm sure a lot of you drive, and fast food comes in bags anyways, so it's not like it would be a challenge to pick some things up for others.
OR
I order a whack of pizza's, buy pop, and sell it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What city are you guys from? ThornHill?
And Melee only? Or Brawl, too?
Just Melee. If location matters, we're from Thornhill. If that's too specific, North York.

Me and Imadh are going to be teaming unless I promised Marco to team for this prior to now; I don't really remember. Marco, if you do, tell me. If me and Marco are teaming we're going to be Shion and Mion and some sort of witty innuendo. Or just a blatant sexual reference. It will probably revolve around breasts.

I think having people organize their own food would be best, unless you can figure out someone to manage the snack bar the entire duration. Grmo sells simosas, mini-pizzas, and cookies at his tournaments (usually) in conjunction with pop. If there is a fridge and a microwave, you could do something similar. It may be worth talking to him about how he and his family do tournaments if you have concerns. Grmo's tournaments are traditionally very well organized and food is never an issue in the slightest.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Very nice you got the venue Steven, for a while there I didn't think that things would work out. :)

I think you just order a pizza and pop and sell it.

Now to search for a doubles partner....

So..anyone wanna team with a Random mainer?

*Awkward silence as tumbleweed blows by* ^^;

idea

Smash Master
Lmfao, I meant people go out and get food themselves Kheldar =P. I'm not going to have free food for everyone =P.

It's either:
People be good Samaritans and carpool, or they will buy food for people that give them money. That idea doesn't sound all that convenient, but trust me, it is. I'm sure a lot of you drive, and fast food comes in bags anyways, so it's not like it would be a challenge to pick some things up for others.
OR
I order a whack of pizza's, buy pop, and sell it.
ohh, this is what you meant. i thought you just meant the hour-long lunch thing.

i'm fine with either. most events seem to be the kind where people are left to get food on their own, which allows for variety. but the pizza means no one would have to go anywhere. so maybe what you should do is, far enough into the tournament, just take a vote of who wants to do what. maybe half the people won't want pizza, and you could order for the other half. having pop for sale sounds like a good idea regardless.

if i had to pick one or the other, though, i'd vote for us getting our own food. i doubt most people would end up getting as much pizza as they can eat.

SmashCentralOfficial

Yeh true.

Order too little or too much is inevitable. I may just buy a box or two of mini pizza's, a few bags of cookies, and samosa's or beef patties and sell them like a Grmo.

I'd be getting my girlfriend to run the snackbar btw, so if having a hot chick behind the counter is more incentive to buy some stuff, I think that's what we'll do.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
^ Nice.

Btw, Steve, I can bring a copy of Melee but no Cube or TV if you need it.

A-Tron

Smash Cadet
id say jus make people worry about their own food, it would probably be the best idea.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
^ Go to the specified location on the specified date. Supercansir will add you to the attending list if you are coming, and then you just need to find transportation.

Bring your own controller.

SmashCentralOfficial

^ Nice.

Btw, Steve, I can bring a copy of Melee but no Cube or TV if you need it.
Lol no cube? Useless. =P

Hey so how do i get in on this?

^ Go to the specified location on the specified date. Supercansir will add you to the attending list if you are coming, and then you just need to find transportation.

Bring your own controller.
What he said. I will post the exact location soon.

Anyone wanna money match?

My Samus vs. Your MK

$1 a match, any neutral
Do I have to play MK?

Top Bottom