• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare Yourself! $5VenueFee (Brampton, ON) Sunday March 15th [Desh vs SUP3RCANS1R!]

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yo, if I can carry my Melee+ Gamecube as well, I'll bring it.

Are Brawl Infinites and ChainGrabs banned? It'll be really gay if they are lol.

And are we going to have time for lots of friendlies? Like we had at Mikey7's Mississauga Tournament?

Also, holy **** ****ing hyyyyyyyyyype.
From the OP (text coloration changed red -> yellow):

* STANDING INFINITES ARE BANNED

This includes DDD's standing CG on the 5 characters (Mario/Luigi/Samus/DK/Bowser) and Marth's CG on Ness/Lucas.

Out of sportsmanship, we encourage you not to use DDD's "walking infinites" on Bowser or DK

You can still:

-CG regularly, any CG where you move forward actually, except the one I mentionned above.

-Hit someone out of a grab release, such as Marth's grab > fsmash on Ness/Lucas

-Use IC chaingrabs, since you actually can mess those up, they're harder to regulate, etc.

-Yoshi's CG on Wario. Yoshi needs to move, you can't just spam gram, and it doesn't work if there's a platform above, so wario just needs use stage striking for Yoshi's or Smashville or anything that's not final D. Also, the matchup is still closer to even than, say, Marth VS Ness. Still winnable for wario.

-Standing CGs that are escapable eventually, ie. Pika on Fox.

-Wall infinite. None of the stages I'm allowing have permanent walls in them.

-Anything really just not the ones I specified

i need a GOOD brawl partner. =]
:(

Oh and I am now confirmed for coming, so you should add my Wii+Brawl to the list.
Although it looks like we're super-short TVs, hmm...

Cruel

Smash Cadet
Yup But a need a patner for Double how about you fizzi and i got my recorder 2 my dazzle

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Nahh we're not doing the Grmom-Grdad kitchen thing.
I'll probably just be having pop and chips. And these a Chinese place and a Pizza place within walking distance iirc.

Well, the food places are right down the street from my brother in laws house, and he lives so clsoe to the venue that you can steal his Wireless Internet Connection, so I'm guessing the food places are close.

MAKE ME.
lol alright. thanks.
probably still coming. i call 7th place in melee singles arbitrarily.
fine lol I call 5th

Percon

Smash Lord
so it's final

Montreal car:

Ally
Holy
Fizzi
Cruel
Cruel's friend

Oh ****, Niko, we have a + 1 now... ugh I'll sleep in the car if I need to lol
I'll see if I can take someone off Niko's hands... I need to repay for not housing at OiN4

EDIT: Yeah, I can house one or two.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I said 2 at most 3 :p But Max I really think you should push for three....I had 11 people at my house for OiN :(

5ive

Smash Champion
Anyone know where the Go Bus terminal is at?
Marik told me it was at Down Town Brampton.
Details?

EDIT: Any one know where the closest Go bus/train terminal is to the venue? How far is it? Directions?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
To Niko or whoever knows detail about MI: Is Anther coming too? Too lazy to check the post. If he is, would he be entering Melee? I want some effin revenge.

Also, Steve, is swearing loudly and threats to stop friendlies allowed? After watching Scar do what I've been doing for the past 2 years (which was yell at people in a threatning way) and because of this I feel I may need to do this if things aren't running to my satisfaction.

If it's not then good luck running the tournament LOL I'll leave this **** to you.

P.S- Who's incharge of Melee? Do you guys have a laptop for tio? have you confirmed TVs? Is your sister hot? are you ready to get ***** by Desh? who's effin staff? and finally last thing I have to say, are you aware that you can't be playing friendlies if things aren't going ahead of schedule? It should be self-explanitory that you shouldn't be playing friendlies > organinizing your tournament but a lot of tournament hosts do this everywhere (apparantly happened @ MM14) this isn't to insult you as a TO, but because of your immature disposition, and your lack of experience with hosting/running tournaments I just hope you know all this.

I'm seriously not trying to slap you in the face with my overly large e-peen here, seriously, I just wanna set you straight for this so this runs well for all of us and that you can get the appreciation that you deserve for all your hard work with handling this tournament.

Grmo

Smash Champion
that's ambitious. you should call 9th or something :bee:
*looks back at Starfurry 3 results*

7: Kage
9: Sanuzi
9: Grmo
9: Afro Chris
9: Europhoria
13: TheManaLord
13: Jagg
13: Idea
13: Summonedfist

nah, I already got 9th, why would I aim for it again lol

that was with quebecers too

howabout you aim for 9th :chuckle:

/trashtalk

edit: lmao calling stuff is hilarious. then when we look at results we can be like "LOL WUT I CALLED THAT PLACE"
is that a problem Steve cause I can always go with Falco.
Who's stealing my troll identity

Niko_K

Smash Master
Percon said:
You never asked me if I could house... >_>

But yeah, I'll push for three.
Are you serious man...noob xD

Niko <3's Oreo Cookies! says:
Michigan and Mtl are coming down this weekend. Could you ask if you could have 2-3 people over at your house saturday?
Max \\ Percon // Tupperware says:
Yo\
hey
there are ten 10 of towners for sban
xD
lol
Who all?
ally holy fizzi cruel cruel2, lain noj judge yes no
LOL
wow nice
Im good ;)
xD
Who's cruel?
I was wondering if you could ask to have 2-3 people for the saturday night
mtl player
hes driving
ok
BTW what time are they supposed to get here? Can I go over eventually for some pracizz?
theyre coming later on saturday
Im going to hold singles for them
because we wont have mayn people
many*
well have a solid seed base too
no need for pools
Oh so nobody's staying tonight?
I dont believe so
Well we should practice tonight anyway
of course
:p
Im gunna clean up first xD
ok, I'll be back on MSN later
kk

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Also, Steve, is swearing loudly and threats to stop friendlies allowed? After watching Scar do what I've been doing for the past 2 years (which was yell at people in a threatning way) and because of this I feel I may need to do this if things aren't running to my satisfaction.

If it's not then good luck running the tournament LOL I'll leave this **** to you.

P.S- Who's incharge of Melee? Do you guys have a laptop for tio? have you confirmed TVs? Is your sister hot? are you ready to get ***** by Desh? who's effin staff? and finally last thing I have to say, are you aware that you can't be playing friendlies if things aren't going ahead of schedule? It should be self-explanitory that you shouldn't be playing friendlies > organinizing your tournament but a lot of tournament hosts do this everywhere (apparantly happened @ MM14) this isn't to insult you as a TO, but because of your immature disposition, and your lack of experience with hosting/running tournaments I just hope you know all this.

I'm seriously not trying to slap you in the face with my overly large e-peen here, seriously, I just wanna set you straight for this so this runs well for all of us and that you can get the appreciation that you deserve for all your hard work with handling this tournament.
Lmfao at the last sentence. I loved how you totally took me down a notch but then justified it by saying how I deserve all this appreciation. Good stuff.

Also, I'm sure swearing won't be a problem. I'm friends with the guys that are in charge of the venue, so I think it'll be cool. I'm pretty aware that friendlies are going to slow stuff down, I think that's common sense. Plus, anyone who notices the lack of TV's can decide for themselves whether having friendlies in the middle of an event is appropriate.

About my sister. My older one is attractive I guess, but she's married and a mother. My other one is 12. GG.

Oh, and Desh will not be ****** me. =]

Lol @ Immature Disposition. I can't even guess at what this could possibly mean.

*sigh*

unconfirm me.
Noooo pls come. Ask Desh about buses or something. He *****.

5ive

Smash Champion
Lmfao at the last sentence. I loved how you totally took me down a notch but then justified it by saying how I deserve all this appreciation. Good stuff.

Also, I'm sure swearing won't be a problem. I'm friends with the guys that are in charge of the venue, so I think it'll be cool. I'm pretty aware that friendlies are going to slow stuff down, I think that's common sense. Plus, anyone who notices the lack of TV's can decide for themselves whether having friendlies in the middle of an event is appropriate.

About my sister. My older one is attractive I guess, but she's married and a mother. My other one is 12. GG.

Oh, and Desh will not be ****** me. =]

Lol @ Immature Disposition. I can't even guess at what this could possibly mean.

Noooo pls come. Ask Desh about buses or something. He *****.
V_v

Well, firstly, STREET FIGHTER ARCADE STICKS RESTOCK SUNDAY .
i NEED to like get it LOL, but seriously.

The closest bus terminal is like 3.3 km, and I'm too lazy to walk. Plus, I pretty much pissed off my ride LOL. Doubt he'll give me a ride anymore.

See you guys next tourny, I guess D:

idea

Smash Master
*looks back at Starfurry 3 results*

7: Kage
9: Sanuzi
9: Grmo
9: Afro Chris
9: Europhoria
13: TheManaLord
13: Jagg
13: Idea
13: Summonedfist

nah, I already got 9th, why would I aim for it again lol

that was with quebecers too

howabout you aim for 9th :chuckle:

/trashtalk

edit: lmao calling stuff is hilarious. then when we look at results we can be like "LOL WUT I CALLED THAT PLACE"

Who's stealing my troll identity
hahaha

that reminds me. kage did worse at starfurry 3 than at revival of melee.

clearly canada is the superior smash country...

Grmo

Smash Champion
Also, I'm sure swearing won't be a problem. I'm friends with the guys that are in charge of the venue, so I think it'll be cool.
I dunno, I think not swearing would be good because while they might be cool with you doing it, they would gain a lot more respect for you if you kept that stuff down. I'll do my best not to swear lol, since I'm generally one of the loudest people at these things.

hahaha

that reminds me. kage did worse at starfurry 3 than at revival of melee.

clearly canada is the superior smash country...
no johns but they don't know how to fight ganon lol. Either that or Kage got really good

idea

Smash Master
no johns but they don't know how to fight ganon lol. Either that or Kage got really good
this is true, but it doesn't fully account for it. i mean, once you get into pc and azen...they've been around too long to not know what to do against a ganon. he three-stocked azen, did you know that? and he almost beat pc...he messed up a fair right at the end of the third match that he normally would have gotten, but i guess was nervous. and if he hadn't he would have beaten pc too, and on corneria...

Desh

Smash Ace
To Niko or whoever knows detail about MI: Is Anther coming too? Too lazy to check the post. If he is, would he be entering Melee? I want some effin revenge.

i got tio,
so if he doesnt, then i do,
i'll help run melee if steve does what he did in the summer LOL,
adnan you can help me,
although i think steves got this ****,

also

are you ready to get ***** by Desh?
are you ready to lose some more peach dittos and matches vs my fox ? ;]
teehee <3

edit: woah i read that wrong, i thought dadnan was asking if i was ready to get ***** LOL,

but either way,
ima play like i do when i go out to gta, practice with david and stos all night tomorrow,
and do what i can to takes steves anal virginity on sunday madnan, but i probably wont **** him =]
more like dismantle him with a tooth pick and a very large man

lmfao XD

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Kage seriously *****, you forgot about KDJ. He beat him, like lol 2gud.

Hahaha, swearing at people is hilarious and sometimes necessary. btw, I think this tournament and A LOT of others should implement a "watch where you're ****ing walking" rule. 2 of Grmo's events got ****ed by this when 1 airhead tripped over a power cord.

:laugh: man as much as it sucked for David, when he yelled "of the for the love of god!" through the venue I was lolling in my head. Seriously, serious matches and shiz can get fuxed over and we don't wanna see a wall of text with johns from people lol.

Put me up as Gar btw. Singles for now and doubles is pending. Can't wait for this!

Top Bottom